剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表
而他们什么都没说
And they said nothing.
当一个人告诉你他是个王八蛋 一定要相信他
When a man tells you he's a son of a bitch, believe him.
就跟美国优先论者那套保护纯种欧洲血统
Same with the America Firsters with all their crap
不受低等人血脉污染的狗屁言论一样
about keeping pure European blood free from inferior blood?
对了 告诉你我们就是他们说的低等人
Which, by the way, they mean us.
当然是我们 永远都说的是我们
Of course it's us. It's always us.
但是这件事 林德伯格在授予他们权利
But this, with Lindbergh, he's giving permission.
他个该死的英雄
He's a goddamn hero.
要是他那么说 那每个反犹太分子都有权那么做了
So, if he says it, every anti-Semite has permission.
"孤独的雄鹰 翱翔掠过海洋
"The lone eagle. He flew across the ocean.
他不会撒谎 他就是伟大的美国人"
He wouldn't lie. He's a great American."
报上和广播里的人 他们都能接受
Newspapers and the radio guys, they all lap it up.
他们能全盘接受是因为林德伯格
Well, they lap it up because it's Lindbergh.
如果是库格林神父 甚至是亨利·福特那么说
Coughlin says it or even Henry Ford,
他们都会反驳 但没人会反驳幸运林迪
they argue back. No one will go after Lucky Lindy.
他打算竞选总统吗
Is he going to run for president?
和罗斯福一起竞选 那他真是蠢到家了
Against Roosevelt? He'd be a putz.
但你说过 他是个英雄
He's a hero, as you said.
英雄 暂时的英雄
A hero. A hero now.
但要是共和党推选他 和罗斯福竞选的话
But if the Republicans run him against Roosevelt,
他又为我们熬过大萧条做了这么多
after all he did to get us out of this Depression--
谁说我们已经熬过大萧条了
Who says we're out of it?
-最坏的都已经过去了 -那是你说的
- Worst is over. - Says you.
很多人还是不能恢复他们原有的经济水平
A lot of people still aren't earning what they once did.
我知道很多人还在失业 大家都没耐心了
I know plenty still out of work. People aren't patient.
对罗斯福没了耐心 对谁都没耐心了
Not with Roosevelt. Not with anybody.
谁也不想迎再来一场战争
And no one wants another war.
这是自然
That's for sure.
罗斯福是一位有资历的政♥治♥家 一个领导者
Roosevelt's a professional politician. A leader.
林迪就是个想法很多的飞行员
Lindy's an airplane pilot with opinions.
-想法还都不咋地 -如果共和党真地那么蠢
- Horseshit opinions. - If the Republicans are that stupid,
罗斯福一定能把他们打得落花流水
Roosevelt will mop the floor with them.
我还记得他回到家那天的游♥行♥
You know, I remember the parade when he came home.
-抛了好多彩带 -没错 我也记得
- The ticker tape. - Yeah, sure, I remember.
我记得 那天我爸暂停了工作
I remember it. My father, he took off work that day
我们乘地铁进了城
and we took the tube into the city.
我骑在他肩膀上看着林迪从百老汇大街走下来
He put me up on his shoulders to see Lindy come down Broadway.
然后呢
So what?
我还记得我当时的感觉
So, I still remember how I felt.
那现在呢
And now?
他这个人还是没有变
That's still who he is.
虽然对于我们 对于当下 对于这个街区变了
Not to us, not now, not in this neighborhood,
但对于这个国家里除我们之外的人来说
but to the rest of the country,
他还是那个开小飞机的人
he's still that man in the little plane.
孩子们 太晚了 该上♥床♥睡觉了
Boys, it's late. Back to bed.
我心里想的应该也让他知道
What's in my heart should be in his head.
总是责怪犹太人
Always blamin' the Jews.
不论输赢 外面都有太多的怨恨
Win or lose, there's a lot of hate out there.
但他知道该如何利用这些恨意
And he knows how to tap into it.
孩子们还没起床吗
Boys still upstairs?
还穿着睡衣呢
Still in pajamas.
我看是在庆祝他们放假的第一天
Celebrating their first day out of school, I'd say.
你要是准备好了 我可以顺便送你去你妈家
If you're ready, I can drop you at your mother's.
好的
Okay.
你想怎么办 你要都撕了吗
What are you gonna do? Are you gonna tear them up?
-你要留着 -别多嘴
- You're keeping them? - Don't tell.
可妈妈和爸爸已经看过这些画了
But Mom and Dad saw them already.
大家都看到了
Everybody has.
要是有人问起 就说我已经扔掉了
Anyone asks, I threw them away.
万一他们又找到了呢
Suppose they find them?
他们怎么可能找到
How will they do that?
管好你的小嘴 这样就不会有人找到任何东西
Just keep your little trap shut, and no one will find anything.
如果妈妈和爸爸要逼我撕掉我的素描
And if Mom and Dad make me tear up my sketches,
那他们也会逼你撕掉你的林德伯格邮票
they'll make you tear up your Lindbergh stamp.
我一个字都不会说的
I'm not gonna say nothin'.
哈德森地铁站
伊芙琳
Evelyn.
你确定我不进来没关系吗
You sure it's okay I don't come in?
当然 但如果你想要...
Sure. But if you really want to...
好好欣赏新闻片
Enjoy the newsreels.
替我向你妈带好
Give my love to your mother.
妈 你得吃点东西
Ma. You gotta eat something.
我不饿
Not hungry.
你姐姐呢
And where's your sister?
她有事 所以我来了
She had plans. I'm here.
你今晚要和我们一起吃晚餐
You're coming to dinner with us tonight.
赫尔曼下班以后会来接我们
Herman's gonna pick us up after work.
你姐姐和她的男人在一起
Your sister is with her man.
什么样的男人不能来见见女朋友的妈呢
What kind of man doesn't show himself to the girl's mother?
我知道是哪种男人 非犹太佬
I know what kind. A shegetz.
-你又不知道 -当妈的就是知道
- You don't know that. - A mother knows.
如果他是犹太人 她早就把他带回家了
If he was Jewish, she would have brought him home by now.
幸亏你♥爸♥死得早
Thank God your father's dead.
妈 看着我
Ma, look at me.
贝丝 伊芙琳在哪
Bess, where's Evelyn?
每小时二十五分
Two bits, each hour.
我还能说什么 这又不是新泽西
What can I tell ya? It ain't Jersey.
大都会人寿保险公♥司♥
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
哈彻先生现在可以见你了
Mr. Hatcher will see you now.
我们新的区域经理来了
There's our new district manager.
抱歉让你久等了 请坐
Sorry to keep you waiting. Please, sit.
我们得起床了
We better get up.
-这么快 -对啊
- Already? - Yeah.
已经过了十五分钟了 预订了六点吃饭
It's a quarter past. Reservation's for six o'clock.
对了 吃饭这事啊
Yeah, about that.
你不是忘了吧
You didn't forget?
去金斯吃牛排 我给过你电♥话♥
Steak at Keens. I gave you the number.
伊芙琳 我今晚得回去
Ev, I gotta get back tonight.
那...
Well...
我把箱子都带来了 你怎么不早说
I-- I brought a suitcase. Why-- Why didn't you say something?
她今天请客 请了邻居们
She invited people, neighbors.
我不能错过晚饭
I can't miss dinner tonight.
那你为什么不直说
S-- So why not be honest?
安杰洛
Angelo.
跟我谈谈
Hey, talk to me.
别这样 伊芙琳
Come on, Ev.
你一看到我就急不可耐
So, you-- You see me, and all the blood leaves your head,
然后你尝到了甜头就
and-- and you-- you get a taste of fruit,
一切都变了
and then everything changes.
安杰洛
Angelo.
我以为你知道自己想要什么
I thought you knew what you wanted.
我跟你说过 抛妻弃子会把我母亲气死的
I told you before. Leaving my family would kill my mother.
那我母亲呢
W-- What about my mother?
我要怎么跟她说我们的事
What the hell am I supposed to tell her about us?
我不能离婚 现在不行
I can't get a divorce. Not now.
等孩子们长大点再说吧
Not till the kids grow up some.
你是不能还是不想
You can't, or won't?
伊芙琳
Ev...
我是来找乐子的
This is supposed to be something fun.
不是到这里来被你胁迫的
I didn't come here for a shakedown.
你知道我现在的情况
You know my situation by now.
安杰洛 等等
Ange-- Angelo. Wait.
别走了 房♥钱已经付过了
Stay. The room's paid for.
菲利普 真能干
Oh, Philip, good for you.
但只有我们四个人吃饭 姥姥不想吃晚饭
But there'll only be four of us. Nana isn't feeling up to dinner.
桑迪 你能把洗好的衣服从地下室拿上来吗
Sandy, could you bring up the laundry from the basement?
妈妈
Mom.
菲利普 我正忙着 什么事
Philip, I'm busy. What is it?
出事了吗
Something the matter?
怎么回事
What is it?
剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表