剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表
你待在岛上的这段时间里
Of you having taken all your meals with us
一直和我们一同用餐
during your stay here in the islands,
我们想把这个给你
we'd like to present you with this.
那真是 我当然
Oh, well, that's-- Well, of course, I--
我看其他乘客
I noticed that the other passengers
拿到的都是姜或者兰花的项圈
received leis of, uh, of ginger and orchids.
这个是用什么做的
What is this one made of?
鸡肝
Chicken livers.
鸡肝
Chicken livers?
你最好别在船上戴着那个 老大
You better not wear it on board, boss!
海鸥会把我们烦死的
The seagulls will drive us crazy.
管他呢 谢谢
Never mind. Thank you.
非常感谢
Thank you very, very much.
你害怕吗
Were you afraid?
怕什么
Of what?
离开家
Of being away from home.
不怕
No.
你喜欢那家人吗
Did you like the family?
默威尼一家吗 喜欢
The Mawhinneys? Yeah.
-他们喜欢你吗 -我觉得喜欢
- Did they like you? - Yeah, I think so.
你吃这里面哪个了吗
Did you eat one of those?
不 这些是小猪崽
No, these are piglets.
他们要先把它们养肥了
They've gotta fatten them up first.
那是默威尼先生吗
Is that Mr. Ma... Mawhinney?
对
Yeah.
那是我走之前的周日 我们吃的猪
That's the pig we ate the Sunday before I left.
不过你一个字都别说出去
Keep your mouth shut about it, though.
-为什么 -猪肉不合礼 记得吗
- Why? - Pigs aren't kosher, remember?
但是我们也不遵守那些礼
But we don't keep kosher.
只有外婆会
Only Grandma did that.
就算这样 爸要是知道了还是会小题大做
Even so, Dad would make a big deal about it if he knew.
所以要保密
So zip it.
有人来看你了
You have a visitor.
阿尔文 自打你出生我就认识你了
Alvin, I've known you since you were born.
你是个斗士
You're a fighter.
你遗传了你父亲的坚韧
You got your father's strength.
你父亲承受最狠的打击
Your father could take the hardest blow,
也能依然继续前行
and still keep going.
我们家就是你家
Our home is your home.
永远都是
Always.
他们都有点情绪
They're all angry in some way.
但没有他那样的
But no one like him.
锁好了
Lock it down.
我忘拿钥匙了
I forgot my keys.
我还有一套 要是我不在
I have an extra set. Use our door,
就从我们家下楼
go down the stairs if I'm not here.
我今天会早点下班
I'll come home from work early.
你要是还在医院 我会照顾塞尔登
I'll take Seldon if you're still at the hospital.
-谢谢 贝丝 我走了 -跟马丁去吧
- Thank you, Bess. Okay. - Go with Martin.
老乡
Landsman?
老乡
Landsman.
要帮忙吗
Need a hand?
我能行 谢谢
I got it, thanks.
如果你要回新泽西
If you're headed back to New Jersey,
保重 一路顺风
zay gesundt. Safe travels.
保重
Zay gesundt.
这对我来说也是第一次
This, too, was new to me.
在农村时间过得很慢
The way time slows down in the country,
所以有时间去思考或者放空
so there's time to think or just be.
我们辛勤工作 没错 但是工作结束后
We worked hard, yes, but when the work was done,
有很多安宁的时间
there were moments of quiet calm.
我最喜欢晚上
My favorite moments came in the evening,
我们走在长长的泥土路上
when we would walk the long dirt road
把马匹牵回来过夜
to bring the horses in for the night.
我希望老实人计划也能带给你们改变
I hope Just Folks gives you, too,
走走这样的路
the change to walk a similar road
见见我们伟大国家的善良人♥民♥
and meet the kind people of our great country,
真正的美国人♥民♥ 谢谢大家
the people of real America. Thank you very much.
我想介绍一下我们项目的副主任
Now, I would like to introduce our associate program director,
伊芙琳·芬克尔小姐
Miss Evelyn Finkel.
谢谢你 莱文招募官
Thank you, Recruiting Officer Levin.
我无法详述老实人计划对桑迪来说
I cannot emphasize what a valuable experience
是多么宝贵的经历
Just Folks has been for Sandy.
-不用 -所以就当作是
- No. - So consider it a mitzvah
把犹太会堂最优秀的年轻人
to send the best young men of Anshe Emeth
送去美国中心地带的成人礼吧
to America's heartland.
鲁特格尔家至少20蒲式耳 不是罗玛家的
And at least twenty bushels of the Rutgers, not Romas.
再也联♥系♥不上切斯特那家姓罗玛的了
Won't get the Romas from Chester again...
蒙蒂 你这没有干净的衬衫吗
Monty, you don't have a clean shirt around here somewhere?
很晚了 赫尔曼
You know, it's late, Herman.
你不如回家吧 今晚到此为止
Why don't you go home, call it day?
如果我能穿得像样点
If I can just get presentable,
我今天募捐还能达标
I can still make my day's collections,
再留到早上给卡尔
leave them for Karl in the morning.
开车花的时间比我想的要长得多
Drive took a hell of a lot longer than I thought.
但是值得吗
But was it worth it?
他是家人 蒙蒂
He's family, Monty.
我们必须要带他回家
We have to bring him home.
即使加拿大付钱让他干坐着
Even when Canada's gonna pay him to sit on his ass,
对他那种傻蛋来说 是最好的工作了
which is the best job for a schmuck like him.
如果杰克还活着
You know, if Jack was alive,
他绝对不会出门
he would've never gotten out the front door.
其实你不该让他走
In fact, you shouldn't have let him go.
我没让他走
I didn't let him go.
他是跑去当战争英雄的
Right, he ran away to become a war hero,
结果呢
and where did it land him?
这辈子都是因病退役
A goddamn invalid for the rest of his life.
-为了什么 -为了什么
- Over what? - "Over what?"
阿尔文无法忍♥受你们的纳粹总统
Alvin can't bear your Nazi-loving president,
所以他走了
that's why he left.
不久之前
You know, not so long ago,
你也受不了他 但是现在呢
you couldn't bear the man either. But now what?
股市上涨 利润上升
Stock market is up, profits are up,
生意兴隆
business is booming.
林德伯格的其他一切 他所坚持的立场
Everything else about Lindbergh, what he stands for,
全都抛诸脑后了吗
is forgotten?
对你这种商人而言 只要价钱合适
What else matters to you, a businessman,
哪还在乎别的
if the money is right?
天啊 你说的话跟那个没脑子的孩子一样
Boy, you know, you sound just like the stupid kid.
"哪还在乎别的"
"What else matters?"
你儿子重要吗 桑迪
Do your boys matter? Sandy?
你希望他有一天就这样回家
You want him to come home one day like that?
那菲利普呢 你希望他最后死在法国的墓地
How 'bout Philip? You want him to wind up in a grave
还是别的鬼地方吗
in France or wherever the hell else?
战争结束了
What are out of the war!
我们要远离战争
We're staying out of the war!
据我所知 林德伯格没伤害过我们任何人
Lindbergh, he's done no harm to any of us as far I can see.
问题就在这里 蒙蒂
You know, that's the thing, Monty.
你就是井底之蛙 看不到外面的世界
You don't see much outside of your own little world.
好吧
Okay.
以前也有德国人为了钱袋子投票
There were Germans who voted their pocketbooks, too.
拜托
Please!
这帮人就是得寸进尺
You give these people an inch, you see what they take next.
好了 我等着看 赫尔曼
Okay. All right. I'm waiting, Herman.
你饿吗
Are you hungry?
不饿
No.
阿尔文呢
And Alvin?
他变了
He's not the same.
但是等我们带他回家的时候...
But when we get him home...
那加拿大呢
And Canada?
剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表