剧集 | 苍穹浩瀚 | 导航列表
差不多
Almost.
我们需要你们的政♥府♥发表一份
We're going to need a statement from your government
承担责任的声明
accepting responsibility.
你别妄想了
You're not gonna get one.
问问也无妨
Never hurts to ask.
好吧 那就到这了
All right then. So we're done.
还有一件事
One last thing.
我想再和德雷珀中士聊聊
I'd like to speak to Sergeant Draper again.
我有一些问题
I have a few questions.
我需要她澄清一些小问题
Just little things I need her to clarify.
夫人 这场会议让人精疲力尽
Madam, this has been an exhausting session.
我可不相信一名火星军人
I find it hard to believe that a Martian Marine
坐在椅子上都会累
would be fatigued from sitting in a chair.
我们聚在这里是希望我们能够
We all came here in the hopes that we could
开始信任彼此
begin to trust each other.
如果因为如此琐碎的事情而毁掉了
And it would be regrettable to undo the progress we've made
我们已经取得的进展就太遗憾了
over something as trivial as this.
我想和德雷珀中士聊聊
I want to speak with Sergeant Draper.
就现在
Now.
德雷珀中士
Sergeant Draper.
我的家族中历来都有人在军队服役
My family has a long tradition of military service.
我想你的家族也是
I'm sure yours does, too.
所有的火星人都是
All Martians serve.
我知道了
Oh, I know.
但是那是强制性的
But it's compulsory.
说实话
Tell me,
如果你能选择 你还会服役吗
If you could choose, would you still serve?
会的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
为什么
Why?
我想要尽一份力让火星成为一个新地球
I want to do my part to make Mars a new Earth.
整个国家致力于同一个目标
An entire nation dedicated to a common goal.
把毫无生机的岩石变成花♥园♥
To turn a lifeless rock into a garden.
一位亲近的朋友告诉我的
A dear friend told me that.
他退休后想去火星
He wanted to retire to Mars.
但是他去世了
But he died.
你知道地球上的大部分人
Did you know that the majority of people on earth
都没有工作吗
don't have jobs?
他们完全不工作
They don't work at all.
他们靠政♥府♥提供的基本保障为生
They live on basic assistance, which the government provides.
我知道的
I did know that.
我想 你视他们为"索取者"
You call them "Takers," I believe.
是的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
这不是因为他们懒惰 知道吗
It's not that they're lazy, you know.
只是我们无法提供给他们足够的机会
It's just that we can't give them enough opportunities.
在这栋楼里很容易忘记...
In this building it's easy to forget...
无意冒犯 夫人
With all due respect, madam,
你到底想说什么
Where are you going with this?
我想说什么都行啊
Wherever I goddamn like.
崔维斯的父母 他们相信你的梦想
Travis' parents, they believed in your dream.
他们放弃了一切去火星
They gave up everything to go to Mars,
为了给唯一的儿子提供更好的生活
to provide a better life for their only son.
我想崔维斯同样相信那个梦想
I'm sure Travis believed in that dream, as well.
是的
He did.
其他的火星人对他有偏见吗
Were other Martians prejudiced against him?
因为他来自地球
For being from Earth.
是的
Yes.
他是个好战士吗
Was he a good soldier?
我最好的一个
One of my best.
你真的认为做出了这么多牺牲
Do you really believe that after all that sacrifice,
以他受过的训练
and all his training,
就像你说的 塑造了他成为
the training that made him, as you said,
你最好的一个战士的训练
one of your best soldiers,
你真的认为 在这一切努力之下
do you believe, after all that hard work,
崔维斯会随便
that Travis would jeopardize
鲁莽地开枪
the lives of his fellow soldiers
危及他同伴的性命吗
by foolishly jumping the gun?
-不 我 -你不认为 那么
- No, I... - No, then why would he
他为什么没有命令擅自开枪
open fire without orders?
出于惊慌吗
Did he panic?
我不知道 他...
I don't know. He...
-那么他为何开枪 -我们
- Then why did he fire? - We...
有何理由
What was the reason?
我们以为我们受袭了
We thought we were under attack.
受袭了
Under attack?
所以有人向你们开火吗
So you were fired upon?
没有 他是在杀敌
No! He was trying to kill the enemy.
我都不知道敌人是谁 没人知道
I didn't even know what it was, nobody did.
他当时也没穿太空服...
He wasn't wearing a vac suit...
德雷珀中士最近刚刚
Sergeant Draper has been through
遭遇了严重的创伤性事件
a severe traumatic event.
她需要休息
She needs to rest.
不管你是哪根葱 退下
Whoever the fuck you are, stand down
让她自己说
and let her speak.
除非有什么话你不想让她说
Unless there's something you don't want her to say.
服从命令 中士
Do as you've been instructed, sergeant.
德雷珀中士
Sergeant Draper,
你们为何开枪
what made you open fire?
是崔维斯
It was Travis.
他慌了
He panicked.
夫人 您还有问题问德雷珀中士吗
Has sergeant Draper answered all of your questions, madam?
谢谢 中士 没有问题了
Thank you, sergeant. That will be all.
火星人给了我们一个很好的船位
The Martians are giving us a fair berth
但他们同时精确掌握了
but they've matched every one of our
我们的每条航线改动
course changes precisely.
那些混♥蛋♥在追踪我们
The bastards are shadowing us.
离爱神星坠毁点还有多远
How much further to the Eros impact site?
隔着大气层还不好估计
Uh, it's tough to tell through this atmosphere,
但我觉得不远了
but I don't think it'll be much longer.
那是什么
What is that?
只是点科学历史而已
Well, it's just a bit of science history.
这是德雷克公式
It's the Drake Equation.
看着像六年级代数
It looks like 6th grade algebra.
系内能形成恒星的平均速率
The average rate of star formation
乘以行星系中
times the fraction of stars formed
可能存在生命的类地行星比例
with planets that could support life,
有生命进化可居住行星比例
the fraction of those that could develop life
并演化出高智生物的概率 其中高智生命
and then intelligent life, the fraction of those
能发展出
that could develop technologies that
释放到太空中可探测的通讯信♥号♥♥的概率
might release detectable signals into space,
当然 最后是这些信♥号♥♥
and, of course, the time over which
可能被监测到的时间
those signals might be detectable.
这不叫公式
That's not an equation.
这叫胡猜乱蒙
That's just a big, fat guess.
公式得出太阳系存在
It suggests there are over 36 million
超过三千六百万高智文明
advanced civilizations out there.
在做着我们还无法理解的各种行为
Doing all kinds of things that we just don't understand.
要是真的 那现在应该能监测到信♥号♥♥
If that were true, we would've detected signals by now.
不一定
Not necessarily.
宇宙很大 很空旷
Space is a big, empty place.
也许我们之间距离太远
We might be too far apart,
或者他们播放信♥号♥♥的
or perhaps they're just broadcasting the signals
-时间过短 -就那么巧
- for too short a time. - How convenient.
我们在寻找的东西
Those things that we're looking for out there,
也许就是信♥号♥♥
those things might be signals.
或者这些文明都消失了
Or maybe all those other civilizations are gone.
或许自我毁灭
Maybe it's the nature of intelligent life
是高智生物的天性
to destroy itself.
我还是觉得
Well, I prefer to think
高智生物是有避免自我毁灭的能力的
that intelligent life can choose not to.
思想很魔幻
More magical thinking.
剧集 | 苍穹浩瀚 | 导航列表