剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表
"给老子坐稳了"
"Stay in the fucking saddle."
"你才不会被抛下"
"You don't get thrown."
我说 "Landau 我受够了 我退出"
I said, "Landau, I'm done. I quit."
我说 "我受够了 这家伙"
I said, "I'm done. This guy..."
"我为这人殚精竭虑 我工作非常刻苦"
"I kill myself for this guy, I work really hard,"
"并且我做了所有能做的事"
"And I do everything I possibly can."
"然后他这是 这是 这接受不了"
"And it's... it's... it's unacceptable."
他说 "冷静一下"
He said, "Calm down."
我说 "Jimmy 你忽视了大的格局"
I said, "Jimmy, you're missing the big picture."
"我们在这里是究竟为了什么"
"What are we here for?"
"我们在这里是为了帮助Bruce"
"We are here to help Bruce"
"去尽力做出最好的唱片 那才是工作"
"Make the best record he can. That's the job."
"我们不是在这里让你高兴的"
"We're not here to make you happy."
"我们也不是在这里让我高兴的"
"We're not here to make me happy."
"我们在这里是要对计划做出贡献"
"We're here to contribute to the project."
"这是Bruce的计划"
"And it's Bruce's project."
他说 "如果你回去 并且对Bruce说"
He said, "If you go back in and say to Bruce,"
"我是过来帮助你的 这不是为了我"
"'I'm here to support you. This is not about me."
"这是为了这张专辑"
"It's about the album,"
"你在未来半生将会有一个长久的朋友"
"You will have a friend for the rest of your life,"
"并且你也会学到重要一课"
"and you'll have learned a big lesson."
"那才是大的格局 对吗"
"That's the big picture, right?"
我说 "没错 就是这样"
I said, "Yes, it is."
*白天我们在街上汗流浃背*
*In the day we sweat it out on the streets*
*为了向往自♥由♥的美国梦*
*Of a runaway American dream*
*晚上我们行驶*
*At night we ride*
*穿行过光辉的高楼大厦*
*Through mansions of glory*
*坐在狂飙的飞车里*
*In suicide machines*
*逃出牢笼*
*Sprung from cages*
与那张唱片有关的所有人
Everybody on that album bonded.
都永远不会忘记那种初体验
You never forget your first experiences like that,
并且我从中学到了很多
and I learned so much.
之后唱片发♥售♥并且被追捧
And then having it come out and be blown around
最后登上了时代杂♥志♥和新闻周刊的封面
and be on the cover of Time and Newsweek.
那真是一次非常难以置信的经历
And it was just an incredible, incredible experience.
*因为像我们这样的流浪汉*
*'Cause tramps like us*
*宝贝 我们生来就注定要逃亡*
*Baby, we were born to run*
所有人都从中收获良多 录音室的工作是真棒
Everybody won. The studio was telling me how terrific it is.
它是第一名 你知道吗 这可是件大事
And it's number one. And, you know, it's a big deal
对于一个23岁的人而言 是吧
to somebody who's 23 years old, I guess, right?
那时候我真的有了存在感 你知道吗
So I was really feeling myself, you know?
要我说就是"呼吸自己的努力"
What I call "Breathing my own exhaust."
World Class Wreckin Cru出了几张唱片
World Class Wreckin Cru made several records.
看 唱片就像孩子一样
See, records are like children.
你没遇见过带着丑小孩出门的母亲 对吗
You never met a mother with a ugly baby, okay?
我从没有出过一部失败之作
I never had a flop.
他们只是没有其他的那么流行 懂吗
They just wasn't as popular as the other ones, okay?
*唱片*
*Records.*
*混音器*
*Mixer.*
*唱盘*
*Turntables.*
*扬声器*
*Speakers*
现在你在我的后花♥园♥里
Right now, you in my backyard.
我们叫这里Alonzo之地 这里是录音室
We call it Lonzoland. That's the studio.
时不时的 所有人都会齐聚于此
Everybody came through here at one point in time.
精进我们的技术
And we were all learning on the fly.
Yella会读说明书
Yella would read instructions,
而Dre说 "我接下来要做什么"
and Dre was like, "What do I do next?"
"同时按住'开始'键和节拍器"
"Uh, hit 'start' and press the metridome at the same time."
我们就是这样学会混音的
That's how we learned how to mix,
Dre是一个完美主义者
and Dre was a perfectionist.
他总是超前于所有人
Always a step ahead of everybody.
Dre想做嘻哈音乐
Dre wanted to do hip-hop,
但是Alonzo要求他做
but Alonzo had him doing
慢摇和快节奏的音乐
slow jams and fast music.
嗯
Yeah,
你知道的 我不想说
you know what, I... I... I don't want to say
这张唱片的坏话 它是我的处♥女♥秀
anything bad about that record, you know? It was my opening.
但 嗯 它
But, um... yeah, it was...
这张唱片它 很尬 你懂吧
The record was... corny as fuck, you know what I mean?
它是这样的 *Dr. Dre Dr. Dre*
It's... *Dr. Dre, Dr. Dre*
*Dr. Dre Dr. Dre*
*Dr. Dre, Dr. Dre*
*D-Dre Dre D-Dre Dre Dre Dre*
*D-Dre, Dre, D-Dre, Dre, Dre, Dre*
World Class Wreckin Cru创了几项记录
World Class Wreckin Cru made several records.
那个时候我们必须做我们该做的事情
We had to do what we had to do at that time.
这不是在瞎扯
This was no bullshit, okay?
我们多姿多彩 十分有趣
We some pretty motherfuckers. We colorful.
那是Prince的时代
That was in the Prince days.
我们组合英俊潇洒
We was a decent-looking group.
我是首席抱键盘手
I was the lead keyboard holder. Holder.
我都没弹那个鬼东西 我只是抱着它
I didn't play the motherfucker. I just held it.
我们身边有很多懦夫连舞台都不敢上
There was too much pussy around us not to be on stage.
我并不傻
I'm not stupid, okay?
我们还在家中纵酒欢宴
We had more orgies at my house...
而且是紧接在派对之后
...after-parties.
还记得吗 Dre 记得Cathy吗
Remember that shit, Dre? Remember Cathy?
小畜生 你还记得吗 - 操
Motherfucker, you remember that? - Shit!
The Wreckin Cru出名了
The Wreckin Cru went up,
火了一阵 然后就衰落了
peaked a little bit, then it was coming down.
我们的音乐 服装
The music, the clothing.
我不得不找个伺候客人停车的工作
I had to go get me a job valeting cars.
我觉得我快要窒息了
I felt like I was being suffocated.
在我的重视度序列里 尊重排的很高
You know, respect is very high on the list of my priorities.
我必须知道你尊重我并且我尊重你
I have to know that you respect me and I respect you.
我工作的方式完全取决于我感受如何
The way I operate is completely on how I feel.
你让我感觉如何
How do you make me feel?
这张唱片让我感觉如何
How does this record make me feel?
这个环境让我感觉如何
How does this environment make me feel?
如果让我不爽了 我就不干了
If it makes me feel fucked up, I'm outta here.
我制♥作♥的第一个项目
The first project I produced,
Foghat 我是为了钱干的
Foghat, I did it for the money.
那时候 制♥作♥人可以拿到百分之三的分红
At the time, you got paid three points to be a producer,
而他们上一张专辑卖♥♥了四百万张
and their last album sold four million.
所以我想 "每张拿二十美分的话 就是八十万美元"
So I immediately said, "At 20 cents a record, that's $800,000."
我做录音师只有十美元一小时
I'm getting $10 an hour as an engineer.
我就说 "我加入" 但我还不够格
I'm like, "I'm in." And I wasn't ready.
这种音乐不适合我
It was the wrong kind of music for me.
我带了我的女朋友
I mean, I brought my girlfriend
去了好几场录音现场呢 你懂吗
to some of the sessions, you know what I mean?
我好像 我就是个智障
I was like... I was a knucklehead.
我还不够好
I wasn't good yet.
他们很棒也很有天赋
They were great and really talented,
但我没有把我的工作做好
but I was not doing my job right,
然后 我被炒鱿鱼了
and... I got fired.
我记得这种感觉 "我的天"
And I remember feeling like, "Oh my God!"
"我会在我朋友家人面前丢脸"
"I'm gonna be embarrassed to my friends, my family."
他们会说 "我的天 他被炒鱿鱼了"
They're gonna say, "Oh my God, he got fired."
你会很自然觉得所有人
You automatically think that everybody's...
会注意你一塌糊涂的生活
paying attention to your life, which is complete bullshit.
所以我回到了唱片工厂
So I went back to the Record Plant,
因为这是我唯一真正感觉舒服的地方
'cause that was the only place I really felt safe.
在唱片工厂里 我才回归了自我
I knew myself in the Record Plant.
然后我走进去了 Patti Smith在那里
And I walk in, and Patti Smith is there.
Patti是朋克音乐方面的开创者
Patti was really ground zero for punk music...
她 还有Ramons 知道吧
her, the Ramones, you know?
被人们尊重的伟大的诗人
Great poet and really respected.
她在制♥作♥
She was around on "Born to Run".
我之前在走廊这些地方看到过她
I used to see her in the hallway and stuff, you know?
她觉得我工作很努力
And she thought I was working really hard,
因为我确实工作得很努力
'cause I was working really hard.
然后她说 "我想要你来制♥作♥我的专辑"
And she says, "I want you to produce my album."
剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表