剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表
I don't know if Dre's vision was like, "Jimmy's with this."
但是有时候当我们一直拍摄录影
But there would be some times where we'd be shootin' a video
到大概凌晨6点
till, like, 6:00 in the morning
而我们还得再来一次
and we had to do one more take
拍摄我或是别的人在录影中
with me or somebody in the video
戴着个傻♥逼♥耳机
wearin' some goddamn headphones.
我心想"你♥他♥妈♥在逗我呢"
I'm like, "Man, are you fuckin' kidding me?"
每次我们做什么
Every time we did something,
总是离不开Jimmy和Beats
it was like, Jimmy with the Beats.
我老是在想
And I remember thinking, like,
"为什么这个就这么重要"
"Why is this so important?"
不过我不知道大加祖在干什么
But I had no idea what the Great Gazoo was doing.
你在置疑大加祖的威能吗
You doubt the power of the Great Gazoo?
我知道他很失落
I knew he was frustrated.
Jimmy和我一样
And Jimmy and my own interests align
对一些点子产生了兴趣
around some ideas that we think
我们觉得这些点子特屌♥
are pretty fucking good, you know,
可以重新将音乐拉上一个台阶
and could tick music up a notch again,
重新变得重要
make it important again.
听起来有点自命不凡 确实也是
And that sounds pretentious, and it is pretentious.
但同时我也觉得
But I think it's also...
这是切实可行的
I think it's fuckin' feasible, you know.
2003年起
From 2003 on,
我一直想进入流媒体行业
I always wanted to be in the streaming business,
但我想让别人实现
but I tried to get other people to do it.
我想让苹果来做
I wanted Apple to do it.
所以我总是去找Eddy和Steve(两位苹果高管)
So I used to go to Eddy and Steve all the time
我说"我们做流媒体吧"
and say, "Let's do streaming."
他们回答"太早了"
And they would say, "Too early."
他们觉得那还不是苹果的时机
They just felt it wasn't right for Apple at the time.
所以我说"没人会帮我们做这个了"
So I said, "Man, nobody's gonna do this for us."
"我们自己干吧"
"Let's do it ourselves."
就这样我们建立了Beats音乐
So we built Beats Music.
这不仅仅是扬声器
It's not just the speaker.
还是人们消费音乐的方式
It's also, how do people consume music.
这是Jimmy的新东西
And that's Jimmy's new thing.
把人们的习惯从购买♥♥变成在线访问
Changing the habits of people from buying to accessing.
如果说有谁能办到 非他莫属
And if there's anyone who can do it, it's him,
因为他的名声 他的人脉
because of his reputation, his connections.
但是Trent和我都知道流媒体无法扩大规模
But Trent and I knew that streaming could not scale
除非有苹果这样的公♥司♥支撑
without a company like Apple behind it.
我们挺过了一些逆风期 但事实是
We made some headwinds, but the truth is
我们还不够老练 至少我是这样
we weren't sophisticated enough, at least I wasn't,
去理解一些还未实现的技术
to understand technology wasn't there yet.
但苹果是一个
But Apple was a place
我们可以真正把所有联结在一起的地方
we thought we could really tie it all together
而且公♥司♥文化和我们相通
with a culture that we really could connect with.
Beats音乐并没有苹果的资源
Beats Music doesn't have the resources of an Apple
和八亿五千万信♥用♥卡♥
and the 850 million credit cards
还有一千五百亿美元存款
and the $150 billion in the bank.
所以Jimmy面临着"啊哦 我要去把这件事搞定了"
So Jimmy's faced with, "Uh-oh. I gotta make this thing work."
苹果
Apple.
地球上最大的公♥司♥
The biggest company on Earth.
拥有比美国政♥府♥更多的流动资金
They got more liquid money than the American government.
比"吸金"高级太多了
That's beyond ballin'.
现在从双方的角度来看
So now you gotta look at it from both sides.
Beats是一家非常赚钱的耳机公♥司♥
Beats is a very profitable headphone company,
而且它的合约对象是
and it has marketing contracts
世界上一些顶级的音乐家及运动员
with some of the finest musicians and athletes in the world.
一些 花钱也买♥♥不到的东西
Somethin'... you can't spend no amount of money to create.
文化
Culture.
音乐
Music.
内容
Content.
和嘻哈的渊源
And a relationship with hip-hop.
再加上他们有Jimmy Iovine带来市场营销
Plus they got Jimmy Iovine to bring that kind of marketing
和洞察力来为他们在音乐上的成功推波助澜
and insight to their future success in music.
苹果就是音乐
Apple is music.
苹果的核心在于音乐
The core of Apple is music.
这是推动Steve和他的公♥司♥的一部分
It's part of what drove Steve and his company.
终于有一天
And eventually, one day,
Tim和Eddy把我找来
Tim called me in with Eddy,
Tim告诉我"你知道吗 我们准备好了"
and Tim said to me, "You know what? We're ready."
Dr. Dre怎么样了
How about Dr. Dre?
嘻哈大亨Dr. Dre
Hip-hop mogul, Dr. Dre,
证实了报道的交易确有其事
seeming to confirm the reported deal.
30亿美元收♥购♥Beats
A $3 billion deal to acquire Beats.
苹果史上最大的交易
The biggest deal in Apple's history.
对Dr. Dre而言太棒了 - 简直妙不可言
This is great for Dr Dre. - Oh, it's amazing.
这是我们持续投资于音乐的结果
This is just about us continuing to invest in music.
而且这是首个做得好的音乐订阅服务
And this is the first music subscription service done right.
你真的要离开唱片行业了吗
Are you gonna really leave the record industry?
是啊 我已经是个退休的唱片高管了
I did. I'm a retired record executive.
这是我哦
That's me.
我超级兴奋 新的生活 新的开始
I'm so excited, man. The new beginning of my new life.
听到了吗
You hear that?
我收拾得干干净净
I clean up nice.
Dr. Dre一直是我的首要护理医生
Dr. Dre has been my primary care physician
当了超过15年了
for over 15 years.
Jimmy Iovine是一直在我脑海里回响的小小声音
Jimmy Iovine has been that little voice inside my head.
两人都来自于街头
Both guys from the streets
他们打造出今天所拥有的一切
who built everything they have today
都是通过在自己身上下赌注得来的
by betting on themselves.
嘟 嘟 嘟 嘟 "嘿 大人物"
Doot, doot, doot, doot. "Hey, Mr. Big Stuff."
我说"我听说了你的小商业冒险哦"
I said, "I heard about your little business venture,"
然后我说"这小子真聪明"
and I said, "That boy is smart!"
他说"有时吧"
He said, "Sometimes."
嗯
Um...
旅途还没结束
The journey isn't done yet.
你答应过要出专辑
You promised Detox.
哥们 它到底会不会 会不会出啊
Nigga is it gonna ever, ever, ever come out.
*什么 什么 到底什么才是安宁*
*What's, what's, what's peace?*
*安宁就是当你打开窗户在沙滩躺平*
*Peace is when you sleep with open windows on the beach*
*安宁就是当你花掉1千万美元不交税金*
*Peace is when you clear $100 million tax-free*
*跟我混吧 你将得到安宁*
*Peace is when you're fuckin' with me*
*耶*
*Yeah*.
*街头也有种说法*
*Word on the streets*
*安宁就是当你进了局子*
*Peace is when you get locked up*
*又被释放出来*
*And you get released*
*安宁就是当冲突发生*
*Peace is when some shit pop off*
*你手里有你的武器*
*And you got your heat*
压力滚蛋
Man, fuck stress.
Detox, I never had any connection with it.
它不好弄
It didn't work.
我必须找个理由
I had to have a reason.
我再也不做了
I'm never gonna do that again.
我想得到启发
I wanna be inspired.
我将一直发掘有才华的新人
I'm always gonna produce and find young talent,
但是我已经入行30年 现在50岁了
but I'm 30 years in, I'm 50 years old.
这真♥他♥妈♥难
It's so fuckin' difficult,
因为做音乐是年轻人的游戏
because makin' music is a young man's game.
这是年轻人的游戏吗
Is it a young man's game?
我是说 我87年生的
I mean, I was born in '87.
我不知道
I don't know where I'll be...
15年后我会在哪 但我知道现在
15 years from now, but I know right now,
当他说 "年轻人的游戏" 我满脑子想的都是写词
when he say, "Young man's game," All I wanna do is write.
经典的调音台
The classic board.
Chronic, The Marshall Mathers LP.
我的
I did half of Good Kid on here.
第一次见到Dre时我九岁
I was nine years old the first time I met Dre,
也是第一次见到2Pac
first time I met 'Pac,
他们在罗斯克润街上的康普顿跳蚤市场
剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表