剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表
我们计划好了征服世界
And we had a plan to conquer the world.
*我和一个朋友聊天*
*I was talkin' with a friend of mine*
*他说让一个女人伤了自尊心*
*Said a woman had hurt his pride*
*那女人说爱他爱得很*
*Told him that she loved him so*
*结果转身就放下他了*
*And turned around and let him go*
当他们发那张唱片的时候
When they released that record,
Jim开始龙♥卷♥风♥一般宣传
Jim turned into a tornado of promotion.
我想在市场营销上制♥造♥一些影响
I wanted to have some influence in the marketing,
因为当你做完一张唱片
because when you finish the record,
放给别人听 然后他们会说
you go play it for somebody, and they just go,
"这听起来不像你上一张啊"
"That doesn't sound like your last record."
然后你就开始辩解
And you're in there saying,
"当然不像上一张啦"
"Of course it doesn't sound like the last record."
"就不应该听起来像上一张唱片"
"It's not supposed to sound like the last record."
"整个概念就是不要听起来像别人的东西"
"The whole concept is to not sound like somebody else."
不要像其他所有东西一样
Not like everything else.
所以 我开始说 "我必须掌控我们的命运"
So, I started sayin', "I got to get control of our destiny"
"否则 我们只能做唱片给"
"Or else, we're handing these records to people
"想让我们变成电台风格的人"
"that want us to sound like what's on the radio."
他非常 非常地投入
He was really, really dedicated
把那方面的事情做的非常好
and doing very well on that side of things.
他有一件事就是
One thing about him is he's
永远知道和什么样的人共事
always known what people to be hanging with.
*不要这样对我*
*Don't do me like that*
这时Stevie Nicks出现了
And Stevie Nicks had shown up,
想要一起玩
and wanted to hang out.
她身边有很多人
She had lots of people around.
但 真的 我也不知道他们是干嘛的
That, really, I couldn't figure out what their jobs were,
你知道的 还有吉普赛姑娘
you know, and gypsy girls.
我对那一切都挺困惑的
And I was just kind of confused by it all.
*你可以在马背上飞驰*
*You can run high atop your pony*
*我知道你不会摔倒*
*I know you won't fall*
*因为一切都是假象*
*Cause the whole thing's phony*
这首是
That's "Bella Donna".
我刚认识Jimmy的时候
When I first met Jimmy,
我们一起出去吃完饭 差不多十天之后
we went out to dinner, and about ten days later,
我搬进了他的房♥子
I moved in to Jimmy's house,
当时Tom在做
when Tom was finishing "Damn the Torpedoes",
但是没人知道
but nobody knew.
我指的是 显然 Tom Petty不知道
I mean, certainly Tom Petty didn't know.
Jimmy不想让Tom Petty知道
Jimmy didn't want Tom Petty to know
因为他觉得Tom会觉得说
because he felt that Tom would feel like,
"好吧 我想你的兴趣和精力"
"Well, I guess your interest"
"现在会从制♥作♥我的唱片上偏移一点了"
"has been slightly taken away from my record now."
接下来的几个月
And for the next several months,
我花了很多时间用烤炉做英式松饼
I spent a lot of time making English muffins
用马苏里拉奶酪和西红柿
with mozzarella cheese and tomato in the broiler.
我们就吃这个为生了
That's what we lived on.
我就负责做小不点披萨
I was the mini-baby pizza maker.
我喜欢他
I liked him,
他也肯定喜欢我
and he totally liked me.
我的意思是 我们相互喜欢
I mean, we liked each other.
我是一个野心勃勃的唱片制♥作♥人
You know, I was an up-and-coming record producer,
她又是个大明星
and she was a big star,
所以Danny Goldberg Paul Fishkin和Doug Morris
so Danny Goldberg, Paul Fishkin, and Doug Morris
请我制♥作♥Stevie的
asked me to produce Stevie's
离开Fleetwood Mac单飞之后的第一张专辑
first solo album outside of Fleetwood Mac.
我点名Jimmy因为Jimmy帮Tom制♥作♥
I wanted Jimmy because Jimmy produced Tom,
而我非常喜欢Tom的唱片
because I loved Tom's records.
我们开始一起玩 很有趣
We started hanging out, and it was fun.
但那时候Tom和我特别亲近
But Tom and I were very, very close at that time,
就变得很尴尬
and it was really awkward.
Jimmy会说"你不认识Tom"
Jimmy's like, "You don't know Tom."
"Tom也不认识你"
"Tom doesn't know you."
"所以Tom过来的时候"
"And when Tom comes over here,"
"你得躲在地下室里"
"you have to hide in the basement."
我就躲了
So, I did,
因为那个地下室真的挺不错的
because it was a nice basement,
其实对我来说很像Fleetwood Mac之外的
and actually it was a whole Rock and Roll 101
摇滚乐重新启迪
outside of Fleetwood Mac for me
每当Tom过来的时候 当然我就会 你懂的
when Tom would come over, And of course, I would be like, you know...
试着理解一件事情 - *美丽的星辰*
Try and understand one thing. - *Lovely stars*...
如果你想做任何改动
If you make an alteration of some sort,
如果我们说"嘿你知道吗"
if we say, "Hey, you know,"
"这样不对 不完全对"
"this is not right, it's not exactly right."
不意味着 好吧 要意见相左分道扬镳了
Does not mean, okay, panic city time, Needle Park.
我们只是想把它录好 为了你 - 我知道
We're trying to get it right, Jim, for you. - I know...
Stevie 动机是没问题的 - 所以我们不能
Stevie... intentions are right. - And so we can't...
我想说的是 - 不行的
All I'm tryin' to say... - We can't,
你知道 不能不好好商量啊
you know, do it without talking.
Stevie还是那句话 我要说的是
Stevie, again. Again, Stevie, this is what I'm talking about.
每次我要说点什么 都像是个律师
Everytime I say something, it's like a lawyer.
我们像一群律师在说话 其实是完全没必要的
It's like a group of lawyers, which is completely unnecessary.
我觉得这里不需要再尝试不同的高声部
I don't feel we should try a different high part.
Stevie重点不是这个
Stevie, that's not the point.
是 把我当成是律师 - 好吧
But just to be... be a lawyer. - Okay.
好吧
Okay.
来 走吧
Come on, let's go.
Jimmy和我会陷入很多争执
Jimmy and I would get in a lot of arguments.
关于音乐 关于我想要什么样的音乐
About music, about what I wanted,
还有他以为我想要什么样的音乐
and what he thought I wanted,
比如 单曲
for instance, the single.
他们没有一首单曲
They didn't have a single
能让专辑脱颖而出的单曲
that was gonna break the album.
然后她开始经常来排练
And she started coming by the sessions quite a bit,
而且总是走到台上
and she was right up front.
说"我想让你给我写首歌♥"
She goes, "I want you to write a song for me."
我说"呃"
And I said, "Well..."
"我还想给我自己写首歌♥呢"
"I'd like to write a song for me."
"你知道吗 没那么容易的"
"You know, I'm... It's not that easy."
所以我们开始着手于这个唱片
So, we had this record going,
"Hard Promises",
我给它写了很多歌♥儿
and I'd written a lot of songs for it,
其中之一是
one of which was "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around".
我没有把
And I didn't see "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
看成一首那样杰出的单曲
As a single.
我只是把它收录进唱片而已
I kind of put it on the shelf.
在他制♥作♥的时候这张唱片听起来像是蓝调
Sounded like a blues record when he did it.
而当我听到的时候
And I heard it...
我觉得像张厉害的流行唱片
like a big pop record,
如果由一个女孩来唱的话
with a girl singing it.
Jimmy说"如果我是你的话"
Jimmy says "If I were you,"
"我就接受这件来自Tom Petty的无与伦比的礼物"
"I would take this amazing gift from Tom Petty,"
"放到你那专辑里"
"And put it on your damn album.
"因为你都没有一首主打单曲"
"Because you don't have a single."
如果你刚离开一个组合
And you're coming out of a group
而且是个出的全是重磅唱片的组合
that has nothing but hit records,
然后你仅仅做出一张虚有其表的唱片
so, you're gonna come out with this beautiful record,
带着花边 蒙着纱巾 点着蜡烛
all with lace and veils and candles all over it,
那样没人会去听的
and no one's gonna hear it.
接下来我所知道的就是
Next thing I know,
他过来对我说 "嘿 有点东西想放给你听"
he rolls in and says, "Hey, I got something I got to play you."
然后他就给我放了
And he plays me "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around",
同一首歌♥
the same track,
但是她唱的
with her singing.
"Jimmy你就直接把歌♥拿去然后"
"Jimmy, you just took the song and...?"
我说"Tom 我们把当初对Bruce做的事来次故技重施"
I said, "Tom, let's do the same thing I did with Bruce."
上次都成功了
It had worked once.
这次为什么不行呢
Why wouldn't it work again?
他知道
He knew that "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表