剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表
我讨厌这些 我以前有着严重的阅读障碍
I hated it. I used to have a lot of trouble reading.
我还会帮他写作业
And I would do his homework.
我成绩很差
I was below average.
我想离开学校
I wanted to get out of school.
所以 我买♥♥了把吉他
So, I bought a guitar,
14到16岁那会是我的乐队生涯
14 to 16 was my band.
我们会去那些狭小又阴暗的演出场所
And we would all go to these dinky, little dark places.
一些全纽约市里很棒的夜店
Couple of really nice clubs in New York City.
在这种地方 永远别把灯光调亮
You should never put the lights on in places like this.
当时我们简直就是摇滚巨星
We were rock stars or something.
他简直棒极了 - 我们没有做的很出色
He was amazing. - We weren't very good.
那是我们第一次感到沮丧 你知道
And that's when frustration first set in, you know
就像是 "哦 好吧 这 这些事好难啊" 的感觉
Like, "Oh, okay, this is... this is tough."
他们又不会叫你去加入滚石乐队的
They're not gonna ask you to join The Rolling Stones.
所以我那个时候想的不是未来要做什么
So then I was thinking not what I was gonna do,
而是未来不要做什么
I was thinking what I wasn't gonna do,
因为那会我爸计划让我去码头工作
'cause my father had plans for me to go down to the docks,
他在那给我找了个差事
where he had a job for me, you know?
而 我只是 只是想做一些感觉特别的事
I... I'm just... I wanted to do something that felt special.
对 这是个很有趣的想法
Yeah, it was really interesting,
毕竟我遇到的大部分人
and most people I bumped into
都一直不知道他们热爱的东西是什么
still don't know what their real passion is,
而我则非常有幸的遇到了嘻哈
whereas I was really blessed to find hip-hop.
在他还小的时候
At a early age,
Andre就有了自己所专注的事
Andre had a focus.
*集中注意 宝贝 集中* - *Dre Dre Dre*
*Focus, baby, focus.* - *Dre, Dre, Dre*
一开始是跳舞 那首
At first, it was dancing, the
我去
Damn,
他跳的有板有眼的 - 我跳的很糟糕
He had it together. - It was terrible,
说实话 我现在说这个话题还挺尴尬的呢 老兄
and... I'm actually embarrassed talking about that shit right now, man.
我那会总是说 "靠跳舞是找不到工作的"
I would always say, "You can't get no job pop locking."
"你得去找份工作干"
"You need to find you a job."
那会他跳舞还总是拿第二
And he was always coming in second.
我记得他当时说过
And I remember him saying
他得去做点他能拿第一的事
that he needed to do something that he could be first in.
我们住的区有一个夜店叫破晓前夕
There was a club in the neighborhood called Eve After Dark.
我一个叔叔当时在那家店当保安
One of my uncles was a bouncer at this club,
有天晚上他放我溜了进去 Kurtis Blow正好在表演
and he snuck me in one night. Kurtis Blow was performing,
而他的弟弟 Davy DMX 是那晚的DJ
and his little brother, Davy DMX, was the DJ.
那是我人生中第一次看到打碟
This is the first time in my life that I saw scratching.
简直 震住了我
Just... fucked me up.
我意识到这就是命运对我的召唤
I knew that this was my calling.
我一个朋友
There was a friend of mine,
他做了一个双转盘的机子
he put together two turntables,
然后他安了一个平衡钮在上面
and he used a balance knob
这样他就能在两个转盘之间转换了
to be able to go from turntable to turntable.
我开始玩DJ这一套东西 并且爱上了它
I started doing this thing, and I just fell in love with it.
*好的听众们 你们准备好了吗*
*All right, are you ready to go off?*
*好的 看好 就现在 Dr. Dre 开始打碟*
*Well, check it out. Right about now, Dr. Dre is on the wheels,*
*而我要让这里嗨翻天*
*and I'm about to cold tear shit up.*
*我们开始 我们开始吧*
*Here we go. Here we go.*
只要我在家 我就会练习
Whenever I was home, I was practicing.
我母亲对此非常开心 因为
My mother was really happy about it, because...
你能听到他们 你就知道他们没乱跑
When you can hear them, you know where they're at.
到了圣诞 我妈给我买♥♥了一台 Numark 1150型号♥的混音器
Christmas, my mom bought me a Numark 1150 mixer.
我终于可以自己做磁带了
I have the ability to make tapes now.
那是我这辈子收到过的最好的礼物之一
One of the best gifts I ever got in my life.
离我们家几个街区的地方 住着Eric Eazy-E
We lived a couple of blocks from Eric... Eazy-E.
我最开始在观众面前表演中的一次
One of the first time that I performed for an audience
就是在一场街区派对后 在Eazy-E的后院里
was in Eazy-E's backyard after a block party.
再后来我能记起的 - *所有孩子*
Next thing I know... - *All the children*
就是周围所有小孩
...all the kids in the neighborhood
都来我家做录音带
were coming over to my house to get their tape.
我可以在录音带里喊你的名字
I would shout your name out on the tape,
或者你也可以自己在录音带里说些什么
or you could talk on your own tape.
那也是我第一次开始忙于赚钱
This is the first way I started hustling and making money.
后来他这摊事越做越大 你能看得到这种成长
And it just grew. You could just see it just growing.
而他就 怎么说呢 成天泡在里面 想要更多
And he's just, like, soaking it in, wanting more.
他一天到晚的都在那个房♥间
All day, he was in that room.
我要是走进去 就能听到震耳欲聋的音乐
I'd go in there, and I could hear the music blasting.
而他戴着耳机睡着了
He asleep with the headphones on.
我就帮他摘下耳机 我都不知道怎么把机器关掉
I just took 'em off. I didn't know how to turn anything off.
我们当然会讨论Dr. Dre
Of course we're talking about Dr. Dre.
他组建了N.W.A. 记得那个吧
He started N.W.A., remember that?
现在他又带着他的成功和赚来的大笔金钱
Now he's taking his success and a lot of his money
跟音乐巨头Jimmy Iovine合资设立起一个新的学院
to build a new academy with music mogul Jimmy Iovine,
他俩一共捐出了七千万美元
who donated about $70 million together
用来在南加州大学培养可为学生带来
to foster entrepreneurship that brings students
娱乐 科技以及商业技能的创业项目
entertainment, technology, and business skills over at USC.
这太神奇了 他甚至都没有一个大学文凭
It's amazing. He doesn't have a college degree,
然而他却有一个自己冠名的学院
but yet he has an academy with his name on it.
对 这太棒了
Yeah, it's fantastic.
各位在座的毕业生们
To all of today's graduates...
我无法想象你们脑子里现在在想着什么
I can't imagine what's going through your minds right now.
我从未有机会
I never had the opportunity to go
能够在一所如此美好的校园求学
to a great university like this.
我今天跟你们一样在这里
I didn't get here today like you did,
并不是因为我努力学习并且成绩优异
by studying hard and excelling in school.
但现在我站在你们面前
Yet, here I stand before you
站在你们人生中一个奇妙的十字路口
at this amazing crossroads in your life.
我高中毕业后
When I graduated high school,
我父母说 "你得去上大学"
my mother and father said, "You have to go to college."
我说 "你们没开玩笑吧" 因为那会有征兵
I said, "No kidding," Because the draft.
我知道如果我讨厌高中
I knew if I hated high school...
那我肯定会特别讨厌越南的军旅生活
...I was really gonna hate Vietnam.
后来约翰杰伊刑事司法学院录取了我
So they accepted me in John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
我觉得那听起来不错
I thought it sounded good,
就像是蝙蝠侠中老管家阿福所做的事一样
like maybe that's what Alfred was in Batman.
就像是 其实我不知道 我可能有阅读障碍
Like, I had no idea. Maybe I was dyslexic.
我现在也不想追溯了 因为只会徒增烦恼
I don't want to find out now 'cause that'd only rock the boat.
学业还算不错
Things are kind of good.
但那是人生中第一次有人跟我说
But this was the first time somebody said,
"你是个不错的小伙子 你应该去做点别的"
"You're a nice kid. You need to go do something else."
那段时间他会呆在自己房♥间里
So he would stay up in his room
连着听好几个小时的音乐
and listen to music for hours on end.
我会去读音乐专辑背面的文字
I read the back of album covers.
我开始学习音乐制♥作♥ 简直太酷了
I learned about producing. That's so cool.
他会让你极度着迷他所着迷的事物
He would make you a super fan of whatever he was a fan of.
"你听到这段声音了吗"
"Do you hear that sound?"
后来他想尝试做音乐生意
And he wanted to try the music business.
我通过一个表亲见到了
And I met, through my cousin,
那个了不起的词曲作家 Ellie Greenwich
this incredible songwriter, Ellie Greenwich,
她给了我人生中第一份音乐工作室的工作
who got me my first studio job.
Jimmy找到了一份打扫工作室的工作
Jimmy got a job sweeping out the studio,
但不知道怎么回事 他被炒了
but somehow he got fired from sweeping.
她又给我找了第二份工作 我有90天试用期
She got me another job, and I had 90-day trial.
在第89天 - 他被炒了
On the 89th day... - He got fired.
你要是给一个孩子找了个工作 他被炒了
You get a kid a job and he gets fired,
你是不会再给他另外一个工作的
you're not gonna get him another job.
所以 在回家路上 我给Ellie Greenwich打了个电♥话♥
So on the way home, I called Ellie Greenwich.
她说 "别上那趟火车 直接去唱片工厂"
She said, "Don't get on the train. Go down to the Record Plant."
原来那边有两个意大利人
And it turns out there were these two Italian guys.
而其中一个 Roy Cicala 是那个工作室的老板
And this guy, Roy Cicala, who owned the studio,
他是个非常有开创性的录音师
was a really groundbreaking recording engineer.
而他教你的方式
And how he would teach you
就是带着你一起干 我们简直是一拍即合
was to work through you. And we just hit it off.
他会让你坐在控制台前 然后说
He sits you at the console, and he'd say,
"帮我调节人声的压缩器"
"Give me a compressor on the vocal,"
"2分贝 1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥周波"
"2 dB at 10,000 cycles."
"不行 试试3分贝 不行 还是2分贝好些"
"No, try three. No, two sounds better."
剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表