剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表
because I was so focused
我想要达成的目标
on what I was trying to accomplish.
他总是那个挑起争端的人
He had always been that much of a firebrand,
总是那么尖锐
and that intense,
但我能够忍♥受
but I could take it.
我们可以告诉对方
We could've said to each other,
"嘿 大人物 将就一下吧"
"Hey, big shot, take it down a notch."
但我们谁都不想将就
But neither of us really wanted to take it down a notch.
我们都想要保持自我
We wanted to be exactly who each of us had become.
当Vicki真正地离开了他的生活
Once Vicki was really out of his life,
那个总是计划好所有事情的妻子走了
a wife who had planned everything,
他需要帮助 因为
he needed help, because
他的父亲也许是码头工人
his father may have been a longshoreman,
没问题 但他是个王子
okay, but he was a prince.
所以现在需要差不多我们40个人去填补那个 空虚
So now it took about 40 of us to fill up that... that void,
包括Dre和Nicole
including Dre and Nicole.
我对音乐行业很失望
I was frustrated with the music business.
我刚离婚 也令我感到沮丧
I was frustrated that I'd just got divorced.
我的生活失去了重心
And I had no center.
每当我难过或害怕
And whenever I get sad or I get scared
或是有各式麻烦的时候
or I get in trouble in any way,
我多希望能有什么治愈方式
I wish I knew other therapeutic ways of doing things.
但我知道的唯一办法就是
But the only thing I know how to do
将自己彻底埋入
is completely bury myself,
以一种几乎荒谬的程度 到我的工作中
to a point of absurdity, into my work.
我当时在我的海滨别♥墅♥
I was here at my beach house,
我打算走到阳台呼吸点新鲜空气
and I decided just to walk out on the balcony to get some air,
而Jimmy Iovine走在沙滩上
and Jimmy Iovine, he was walkin' up the beach.
"还好吗" 他说 "哦 我上来了"
"What's up?" He's like, "Oh, I'm gonna come up."
然后他就走上台阶
So he comes up the stairs.
我们就在这儿坐下了
We have a sit-down right here.
我们坐在这儿 聊些有的没的
So we're just sittin' down, shootin' the shit,
我告诉他 我律师找到我
and I told him about my lawyer approachin' me about...
有个运动鞋公♥司♥想找你代言
There's a sneaker company that wants you to endorse something.
我说 "啊哥们 我可不了解时尚"
And I'm like, "Man, listen, I don't know anything about fashion"
"或类似的东西"
"or anything like that."
20年间 Andre只将他的名字两次印到个人专辑封面
Andre put his name on two solo albums in two decades.
他对待产品也是以同样的方式
He treated products the same way.
他拒绝了很多代言邀请
He turned down dozens of endorsements.
你要Dre做这类事情
You ask Dre to do somethin' like that,
他第一反应就是拒绝
his first response is no.
不行 不 不 - 不行
No, no, no. - No!
然后他喘了口气
Then he breathes.
当然要拒绝 我每天都穿同样的鞋
Hell, no! I wear the same shit everyday.
知道吗 我每天都穿同样的鞋
You know? I wear the same sneakers every day.
所以我告诉Jimmy这件事
So, I'm tellin' Jimmy this story,
结果出乎意料的 他说 "Dre 去他妈的运动鞋"
and out of the blue, he's like, "Dre, man, fuck sneakers."
不 你不卖♥♥运动鞋 你卖♥♥
No, you don't sell sneakers, you sell...
扬声器 - 去他妈的运动鞋
Speakers. - Fuck sneakers.
你应该去做扬声器
You should do speakers.
各式各样的扬声器
All kinds of different speakers.
扬声器和头戴式耳机
Speakers and headphones.
他说 "我们能做吗"
And he said, "We can do that?"
我说 "我们当然可以做"
I said, "We can absolutely do that."
我说 "嘿 我们可以取名为Beats"
And I'm like, "Yeah, you know what, we could call it Beats."
他说 "就这个名字"
He's like, "That's it,"
然后他就起身走了
and he just got up and left.
我想从他走上来
I think from the moment he walked up
到他离开
to the moment he left,
也许就十分钟
maybe ten minutes.
几天后 他把我叫去办公室
A few days later, he calls me up to his office.
下一秒 我坐在那
Next thing you know, I'm sittin' there,
看着几百种不同的头戴式耳机
lookin' at a hundred different pairs of headphones
各种各样的设计 那时候我才知道
with all these designs, and that's when I knew,
"好吧 我们真的要做这个了"
"Okay, we're really doing this."
我们意识到所有头戴式耳机的音质都很枯燥
We realized that all headphones sounded boring
而且看上去就像医疗设备
and looked like medical equipment.
它们丑爆了
Man, they ugly as fuck.
我们想要用耳机听到更多低音
We wanted more bass in these headphones
增强所有低音效果
to exaggerate all of it.
我们想让它的效果得到增强
We wanted to put it on steroids.
Bose牌耳机
The Bose headphones...
他们在宣传降噪
they were advertising noise canceling,
完全的安静
total quiet.
Jimmy说 "降噪吗"
Jimmy says, "Noise canceling?"
是啊 它们就是那种耳机
Yeah, they're the headphones
你想要戴着在飞机上睡觉的
if you want to go to sleep on a plane.
我们的耳机是那种"派对在哪儿"型的
Our headphones are the "Where's the party?" Headphones.
所以我们找到了Robert Brunner
So we found Robert Brunner,
这位超赞的设计师
this incredible designer,
我们也联♥系♥到了Monster公♥司♥
and we also hooked up with Monster,
它当时是Noel Lee的公♥司♥
which was owned by Noel Lee,
他是一位音频工程师
who's an audio engineer.
我去见了Steve Jobs 我说 "Steve啊"
I went to Steve Jobs, and I said, "Steve,"
"我想与Dr. Dre合作一款耳机"
"I wanna make a headphone with Dr. Dre."
他说 "Jimmy 硬件这块会害你很惨的"
He said, "Well, Jimmy, you can get killed in hardware."
"它可不像看起来那么容易"
"It's not as easy as it looks."
这是一种截然不同的行业
It's a different kind of business.
我们得学会做一个完整的三明治店
We had to learn to be a complete sandwich shop.
不能就只是提出菜谱而已
We couldn't just come up with the recipe.
我们得真正地去切开熏牛肉
We had to actually cut the pastrami.
人人都觉得我们卖♥♥不出去耳机
Everyone felt we weren't gonna be able to sell headphones
因为他们都随手♥机♥一起免费赠送了
'cause they were given away for free with all the phones.
但我想 如果我们让对的音乐人来用用它们
But I figured, if we can get them on the right musicians,
那孩子们也会试试
then kids will try 'em.
一旦他们听过了这耳机
And once they hear them,
我知道他们再也不会回去听那些垃圾东西了
I know they'll never go back to somethin' that sounds crappy.
所以我每到一处
So everywhere I'd go,
我都让大家戴上耳机然后拍个照
I'd put the headphones on people and I'd take a picture.
你走进他的办公室
You walked in his office,
你就被闪光灯击中
you were getting hit with a flash.
没完没了都是 "你怎么看它们"
It was the constant, "What do you think of these?"
"你觉得它们怎么样啊"
"What do you think of these?"
我得要执迷于此
I got to be obsessive about it.
你是出不去他办公室的
You was not gettin' outta that office
除非Jimmy给照了照片
unless Jimmy could take a picture.
咔咔咔
Click, click, click.
而且如果你拒绝把Beats耳机加到你的MV里
And if you refused to put the Beats in your videos...
糟糕了 Jimmy可能削减你的预算哦
Oh, shit. Jimmy might cut your budget.
*构想着一副蓝图*
*Thinking of a master plan*
*你了解你需要的一切 宝贝*
*You know anything you need, baby*
你要记住 Beats耳机
You got to remember, Beats went big
在城区中做大了起来
over in the urban community.
一旦我们使它流行起来 它就是一种时尚主张
Once we made it hip, it was a fashion statement.
就像街头文化一样
It was like the hood thing.
就像是 "我们就是这样的"
It was like, "This is what we do."
但是Jimmy和Dre是凭空创造出的这东西啊
But Jimmy and Dre created this thing out of nothing.
"嘿 你们想戴戴Dre的耳机吗"
"Hey! You guys wanna wear Dre's headphones?"
"Dre爱你哦 他会送给你点的"
"Dre loves you. He's gonna send you some."
"噢谢了 Katy Perry"
"Okay, thanks, Katy Perry"
"还有其他我打给的谁 管他呢"
"and whoever the fuck else I call."
Lady Gaga带着一头棕发走进我的办公室
Lady Gaga walked into my office with brown hair,
纽约来的意大利姑娘
Italian girl from New York,
开始跟我谈论有关Andy Warhol的还有
and started tellin' me about Andy Warhol and...
舞曲 然而是工业曲风的
dance music, but yet, industrial,
还有画作
and paintings.
我不知道 她把我说晕了
And I don't know. She confused me so much that
以致于我签下了她
I signed her, you know.
Interscope公♥司♥里没有任何主管级的人物
No one at Interscope in the executive level
当时相信她会如此火到极致
believed that Gaga could be as big as it could be.
感觉上仍是浩室音乐 舞曲 迪斯科
剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表