剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表
当你调节旋钮的时候
And as you're turning the knob,
你会听到人声越来越清晰
you're hearing the vocal get brighter.
当你使用回声效果 录音带就会延迟
Or you put the echo on, the tape delay,
等听到声音了 他说 "有点过了"
and you actually hear it. He goes, "No, that's too much."
"不好说 这样 你把录音带调慢点"
"Have it... all right, slow the tape machine up a little bit."
"好了 你听出为什么起效了吗"
"Okay, do you hear why that's working?"
你由此对制♥作♥唱片有了些许感觉
And you get a feel for how to make a record,
原先我对此是一窍不通的
because I didn't have any skills.
后来有一天 Roy打电♥话♥到我家
And then one day, Roy called me at home.
那天是复活节 他说
It was Easter Sunday, and he said,
"我需要你今天过来 接电♥话♥"
"I need you to come in today to answer the phones."
我就跟我母亲说 "妈 我得去工作了"
Went to my mother. I said, "Mom, I gotta go to work."
她说 "你疯了吗 今天是复活节"
She said, "Are you crazy? It's Easter Sunday."
"亲戚们都要过来 你阿姨 你叔叔"
"Your family's coming over. Your aunts, your uncles,"
"你的表亲都会来"
"All your cousins are coming here."
"我们要去教堂 我们要"
"We have to go to church. We have to..."
于是我去上班了 当我到了那儿
So, I went into work, and when I got there...
我说 "好吧"
I went, "Okay."
Roy说 "我只是想知道"
Roy said, "I just wanted to see"
"你会不会在复活节来上班"
"If you would come in on Easter Sunday."
"助理策划来不了"
"The assistant engineer can't make it,"
我和John希望能由你来做这项工作
and John and I want you to do it."
*没有人在*
*Ain't no people on the...*
就像我们那一代所有人那样
Like anyone from my generation,
披头士的地位那可是惊天动地
ground zero was The Beatles.
披头士
The Beatles!
我只纯粹感到震惊
I was just plain old terrified.
脑子里一片空白
I was in way above my head,
但我父亲给了我很大的鼓励
but my father was a real cheerleader.
他总对我说
He always told me that
有你在的屋子 蓬荜也生辉
every room you go into is better 'cause you're there.
所以我从不认为自己是不速之客 或不属于这里
So I never felt like nobody wants me here or I don't belong.
恐惧是件强有力的事物 充满激励性
Fear's a powerful thing. I mean, it's got a lot of firepower.
从此 恐惧不再是我的阻力
And that was the beginning of making fear a tailwind
反倒成了我的助力
instead of a headwind.
*这条老泥巴路上走*
*Old dirt road*
那是一个开始
That was the beginning.
他从一名清洁工转变为
He went from sweeping the floors to
约翰·列侬的合作伙伴
working the board with John Lennon.
这让他相信
It made him believe, you know,
"如果约翰·列侬对我有信心 那我一定能做到"
"If John Lennon thinks I can do it, I really can."
那以后我晋升为助理录音师
That's when I graduated to second engineer,
在1973年的复活节
Easter Sunday, 1973.
*在这里 我离开了你*
*This is where I leave you*
*曾经陪伴你*
*Carry you*
*曾经陪伴你*
*Carry you*
*在康普顿市*
*In the city of Compton*
*在这里 我离开了你*
*This is where I leave you*
我喜欢待在控制室里
I like being in the control room.
我喜欢坐在这些按钮前
I like sitting behind those buttons.
这是我的舒适区
That's my comfort area.
这里是我奋力争取的领地
That's where I fought to remain,
这些旋钮都是见证
right in front of those buttons.
我从未把自己看作说唱歌♥手
I never considered myself a rapper.
我仍不是很喜欢自己透过麦克风发出的声音
I still don't necessarily like the way I sound on the Mic.
对于我这种人来说 这个职业真不是个好选择
And it's a hell of a career choice for a person with all these issues.
Dre是我见过的最自信的家伙之一
Dre is still one of the most confident dudes I know.
任何和Dre进入录音棚的人
Anybody that go in the studio with Dre...
不论他们是一个月来一次也好
I don't care if they're in there one session a month...
和Dre在一起制♥作♥音乐
the session with Dre is the session that
是令人难以忘怀的体验
you will pull from the most.
*你听过我的名字 你听过我的名声*
*You know my name, you know my reputation*
*长存于世 你听过我的名字*
*Survive through the time, you know my name*
*你听过我的名声*
*You know my reputation*
我要的就是这个 很好
That's all I need. That's good.
连起来唱一遍
Rock with the whole line, though.
*长存于世 你听过我的名字*
*Survive through the time, you know my name*
*你听过我的名声*
*You know my reputation*
*你听得懂* - 这歌♥绝对挣钱 嫩票子
*You know what it is* - I think that's money. Moolah.
*我和Dre 你不喜欢 那你可以躺下了*
*Me and Dre, you don't like it, you can lay*
我认识他的时候 他是Dr. Dre
At the time I met him, he was Dr. Dre,
洛杉矶最棒的DJ之一 - 那时候DJ才是关键
one of the best DJs in LA. - Back then the DJ was the man.
*今天是个好日子*
*Today was a good day*
有人曾参加过录像吗
Anybody ever been to a videotaping before?
啊 DJ是谁
Huh? Who is the DJ?
就是这个新人
That's the new guy we got.
我们叫他Dr. Dre
We call him Dr. Dre.
好了
All right.
Dr. Dre
Dr. Dre...
开始吧
let it rip.
这里是破晓前夕的入口
This is the entrance to the Eve After Dark.
这是一家青年夜店 在1979年
This was a teenage night club, 1979
这里是一切开始的地方
this was where it all started.
墙上有镜子
Mirrors on the wall.
在一个美好的周六夜晚 如果人很多
On a good Saturday night, if it was packed,
镜子会变得湿漉漉的 就像在下雨一样
the mirrors would sweat like it was raining out.
天花板升温 而且潮湿
And the ceiling would get hot and moist,
快往下掉了
and they'd start to sag.
我们会把舞台挪出来 这样Yella
And we built a stage out front so that Yella...
Yella - 就能被看到
Yella. - ...could be seen.
现场相当狂野
It was just off the chain.
Wreckin' Cru 我们是一群DJ
Wreckin' Cru... we were a crew of DJs,
我们引领着潮流
and we had it going on.
我们当时非常风靡
We were just... hot.
但我们一直
But we was always
那几年 每周榜首都是我们
every weekend for a couple of years.
Alonzo是夜店的所有者 - 我是老大
Alonzo was the club owner. - I was the big dog.
如果你想做DJ 你一定会想要认识他
That was the guy that you wanted to know if you wanted to DJ.
有个保洁员一直跟我说
One of my boys on the cleanup crew, kept on...
"嘿 哥们 你想听我哥们Dre的作品吗"
"Hey, man, you wanna hear my boy Dre?"
我表示 "呃 我的DJ已经够了 我已经有4个DJ了"
I'm like, "Well, I got enough DJs. I got four DJs already."
"我不需要更多DJ了"
"I don't need no fucking more DJs."
那时候 我一心想要做个打碟的DJ
At that time, my whole mission was to get on the turntables.
我他妈一点儿也不在乎
I didn't give a fuck about
夜店里发生的事情
anything else that was going on in the club.
我不钓妹子 啥都不沾
I wasn't tripping on no girls, nothing.
我只想要站上舞台 嗨翻全场
I wanted to be able to get in there and rock,
Alonzo过去总是站在最前面
and Alonzo used to always be standing out in front of the club.
因为夜店严格要求顾客年满18
'Cause the club was technically 18 and over.
而我也如此遵守着
And I tried to keep it that way.
他和Eazy-E来了 但穿的不对路
Him and Eazy came up. They wasn't dressed right.
于是我说 "不 不 不"
So, I like, "No, no, no, no."
Dre开始和我谈
Dre started talking to me.
你知道 Dre他就是个巧舌如簧混球 好吧
You know, Dre's a smooth-talking motherfucker, okay?
于是我说 "兄弟 换件衣服"
So I said, "Look, man, change clothes."
"下周再来见我"
"Come back and see me next week."
Dre换了衣服 Eazy没有
Dre changed clothes. Eazy didn't.
所以 为了惹恼Eazy 我让Dre进来了
So, just to piss Eazy off, I let Dre in,
让Eazy站外边
made Eazy's ass stand outside.
Dre是如何坐上DJ这个位置的呢
And how Dre got on the turntables...
即便你对我施以水刑 我也不能告诉你
if you waterboarded my ass, I couldn't tell you.
我只知道 Eazy还在楼下咒骂我
'Cause all I know is, Eazy's talking shit to me downstairs,
"你个傻♥逼♥杰里卷" 因为我是卷发
"You Jheri-curled motherfucker." I had a perm.
我是杰里卷 不管那时候叫什么
I had Jheri curl, whatever it was back then.
我走进来 问 "发生了什么"
And I came in, like, "What the fuck is going on?"
*拜托了邮差先生 看一看*
*Please, Mr. Postman, look and see*
*哦耶 你包里有没有我的信*
*Whoa, yeah. Is there a letter in your bag for me?*
要知道 之前两个不同的节拍从不会被放到一起
Understand this, we never put two different tempos with each other.
Dre是我认识的第一个这么做的人
Dre was the first person I'd ever heard do that,
人们都不跳舞了 停下来看他
and people stopped dancing to look.
剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表