剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表
Like, "Man, what the fuck are you guys doing?"
"我们他妈还在录着唱片呢"
"We trying to work on a fucking record."
我个人认为 "操♥你♥妈♥的我可不管"
I personally was like, "Fuck that, nigga."
因为我出去又抢又偷的
'Cause I went out looting and stole all kinda shit,
然后全带回录音室 大家甚至还一起联手
and brought it all back to studio. We even had deals.
"赶紧上车 兄弟 快来"
"Yeah, get your ass in the car, nigga. Come on."
今天一项洛杉矶时报的民♥意♥调查显示
A Los Angeles Times poll out today
加州的道德价值观经历了一次土崩瓦解
says that California has had a breakdown of moral values
而且缺乏发展经济的机会
and a lack of economic opportunity
一切就发生在两起洛杉矶重大暴♥乱♥发生之时
as the two leading causes of the Los Angeles riots.
不过 年轻的说唱音乐人们有着他们自己的看法
Well, young rap musicians have some ideas of their own
对于这些极端暴♥力♥事件的成因
about what caused the deadly violence.
好吧 你知道狗都是怎么想的
Yeah, well, you know how dogs think that...
狗主要是 你知道
dogs is mainly, you know...
只要你不招惹它们 它们就没事
they cool as long as you don't fuck with 'em or irritate 'em.
一旦你激怒了它们
Once you irritate 'em,
他们就会反抗 而我们也是一样的 你知道吧
they react, you know, and that's how we are. You know?
我们 我们其实都无所谓 但是
We... we cool and all, but, you know,
一旦什么事情爆发 每个人
once something pop, everybody...
哇 纽约 正如我想象中的那样
Wow. New York. Just like I pictured it.
摩天大楼 一模一样
Skyscrapers. Everything.
吃鸡肉的地方在哪儿
Where the chicken place at?
The Chronic took about eight months to a year to make,
但接下来要怎么把它卖♥♥出去
and then the part of shopping it,
就完全是另一♥码♥事了
that's a whole 'nother deal.
我买♥♥的鸡腿去哪儿了
Where's that leg at?
这就是那张生死大碟
This was that do-or-die album.
我全身心都投入在这张唱片里
Put my body into this record, and my soul into it.
小到制♥作♥混音 大到掌控全局
I had mixed it, mastered it,
我亲力亲为地做了所有歌♥ 做了所有事
did all the artwork and everything.
它现在在商店里是怎么卖♥♥的
The way it is in the stores right now
我当时就是怎么亲自去卖♥♥的
is the way I was shopping it.
我去了洛杉矶的
I'm going to every record company
每一家唱片公♥司♥ 还飞去了纽约
there is in Los Angeles, fly out to New York.
我为每个人播放这张唱片
I'm playing it for everybody.
因为某些原因 所有人都拒绝了我
For some reason, everybody's turning me down.
当时有非常多的唱片公♥司♥拒绝了Death Row
There were so many companies out there that turned Death Row down
根本都不想扯上关系
that didn't even wanna be dealing with that,
介于N.W.A的处境
coming off of the N.W.A situation.
没人想要介入这种匪帮说唱
Nobody wanted to deal with this gangsta rap thing.
一些公♥司♥说
Some of the companies was saying
他们不想跟我当时的处境扯上关系
they didn't wanna deal with the situation I was in
只要Ruthless唱片和那些合同还在
as far as Ruthless and the contracts.
Eazy-E和Jerry Heller还想把我逼上绝路
And Eazy-E and Jerry Heller, they're trying to starve me out
让我五体投地地滚回去
to get me to come back in on my hands and knees.
但我开始怀疑起自己
But I started second-guessing myself.
有没有可能我认为好的东西其实并不好
Is it possible that what I think is good isn't good
因为其他所有人都告诉我这行不通
because everybody is telling me it's not working?
这就是他们口中的垃圾
And this was what they were calling trash,
带有攻击性的CD和磁带
cassettes and CDs of rap they say is offensive.
1992年 人们对说唱抱有极大的敌意
1992, there was tremendous hostility to the rap business.
警♥察♥对于
The police were
洛杉矶发生的事情非常敏感
very sensitive to what had happened in Los Angeles,
一个叫Bill Bennett的家伙
and a guy named Bill Bennett,
Bill Bennett 即William Bennett 95年联合C. Delores Tucker声讨Time Warner
唱片对于匪帮说唱管理的缺乏 对于暴♥力♥的正当化以及对于女性的诋毁
和C. Delores Tucker一起利用了这个话题
with C. Delores Tucker, adopted this topic.
这就是匪帮说唱对我们的孩子们的所作所为
That's what gangsta rap is doing to our children,
把他们变成帮派分子
turning them into gangsters.
这是一场备受瞩目的战争
It was a very high-profile war.
抵♥制♥Dr. Dre
...protest with Dr. Dre.
唱片公♥司♥都退缩了
The record companies were scared.
他们不是因为赚不了钱
Not because it wasn't making money.
而是害怕跟这些群众打交道
They were afraid to deal with the people.
我们是混摇滚圈的
We come out of the rock and roll world,
你知道 所以我并不是很能理解嘻哈风格
you know, so I wasn't really understanding hip-hop,
我是第一个承认这一点的人
and I'm the first person to admit that.
但我非常尊重John McClane
But I had a lot of respect for John McClane,
John来找我说
and John came to me and said that
他手里有张唱片 制♥作♥人非常优秀
he had this record by this producer that was extraordinary.
是N.W.A里的一个家伙
It was the guy from N.W.A.
我当时不知道Dr. Dre是谁
I didn't know who Dr. Dre was,
但就像Trent Reznor一样
but just like Trent Reznor,
他也有三四个不同的官司缠身
there was three or four different lawsuits pending.
他身上发生了很多复杂的奇怪的事情
There's a lot of complications, a lot of weird stuff.
没人想招惹这些麻烦
No one wanted to go near it, and it was a mess.
我只记得
All I remember is that
Dre和Suge进来为我们播放
Dre and Suge came in to play us The Chronic.
我说 "Dre 谁 谁给你做的这张唱片"
I said, "Dre, who... who recorded this for you?"
他说 "你什么意思"
He said, "What do you mean?"
我说 "呃 谁是录音师"
I said, "Well, who's the recording engineer?"
他说 "我"
And he said, "Me."
"你是制♥作♥人 你还是录音师"
"You produced it and you were the engineer?"
"是的" 我说 "哇哦"
"Yes." I said, "Wow."
这个家伙会定义Interscope的水平
This guy will define Interscope.
*一 二 三 四*
*One, two, three and to the four*
*Snoop和Dre到门口了*
*Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at the door*
*准备破门而入 都往后退退吧*
*Ready to make an entrance, so back on up*
*你知道我们是来搞破坏的*
*'Cause you know we're about to rip shit up*
*先给个麦克风*
*Give me the microphone first*
*我才能妙语连珠 口吐莲花*
*So I can bust, like a bubble*
*康普顿和长滩来的加在一起*
*Compton and Long Beach together*
*现在你知道摊上了事儿吧*
*Now you know you in trouble*
*- 纯粹的匪帮调调 - 宝贝儿*
*- Ain't nothing but a G thang - Baby*
*- 牛逼的两兄弟 我们当然 - 疯狂*
*- Two loc'ed out niggas, so we're - Crazy*
*- Death Row就是那个厂牌 - 付我钱*
*- Death Row is the label that - Pays me*
*不可侵犯 所以别再试图招惹我们了*
*Unfadeable, so please don't try to fade this*
*- 那是 - 但是 说回眼前的事情上来*
*- Hell yeah - But, um, back to the lecture at hand*
Dre的歌♥远远超越了
Dre's sonics were far superior
同时期任何一张摇滚或嘻哈唱片
to any rock record being made or any hip-hop.
反正在我的扬声器里放出来比其他任何都好听
It just sounded better than everything else on my speakers.
Jimmy不同于我见过的任何一个唱片总裁
Jimmy was unlike any other record exec that I ever met.
他没有对我们能卖♥♥多少唱片夸夸而谈
He wasn't talking about how many records we were gonna sell.
那是一场关于艺术的谈话
It was a conversation about the art.
我说 "哇 这些家伙让我想起了"
I said, "Wow, these guys remind me of"
"我第一次见The Rolling Stones的时候"
"when I first saw The Rolling Stones."
"他们就像Mick和Keith一样"
"They're the same as Mick and Keith."
"他们使你感到害怕 但他们的音乐又让你沉醉其中"
"They scare you, but the music brings you in."
*该我来给你留下个深刻的印象*
*But now it's time for me to make my impression felt*
*你就坐好 放轻松 系好安全带*
*So sit back, relax, and strap on your seat belt*
*这样的旅程你可从未见识过*
*You never been on a ride like this before*
*因为掌舵的是个能说唱的制♥作♥大♥师♥*
*With a producer who can rap and control the maestro*
*欣赏我这牛逼押韵的同时*
*At the same time with the dope rhyme that I kick*
*你我都懂 我只玩复古的放克节奏*
*You know and I know, I flow some old funky shit*
我说 "我跟你们讲吧 如果你们确定跟我合作了"
I said, "I'll tell you what, if you guys don't move on me"
"给我两三周的时间"
"And give me two to three weeks,"
"我能帮你们搞定所有这些诉讼案子"
"I can clear up all these lawsuits."
然后Suge和Dre看着我说
And Suge and Dre looked at me and said...
"好吧 我觉得可以"
"Okay, that sounds good to me."
我没听说过有其他任何白人经理人
I don't know any other white executive
会愿意像Jimmy一样担负起这些事
who would've took on what Jimmy took on,
而且还可能是这个行业史上
which was one of the biggest headaches
最令人头痛的事情
to come through the industry ever, probably.
我记得在会议上
I remember sitting in the meeting,
负责推广的家伙们都说
and the promotion guys are saying,
"我们找不到电台来放那玩意儿的"
"We ain't gonna get radio to play that."
Jimmy就说 "我要你们去最顶尖的电台买♥♥下他们的播放时段"
And Jimmy's like, "I want you to buy radio spots in the top markets."
"所有的顶尖电台 把这副歌♥给放出来"
"All of them. Get this hook played,"
"因为这副歌♥不容你拒绝"
"Because the hook is undeniable."
"我是老板听我的 快去做"
"I'm the boss. Go do it."
*像这样 那样再这样 嗯*
*Like this, that and this and, uh*
频道92.3 来点节奏
剧集 | 反叛者(2017) | 导航列表