剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
砍伤他的腿
cut a man on his leg,
割断一条血管 他很快就能没命
nick a vein, you put him away right quick.
所有凶案都发生在14街以下
None of the murders have taken place above 14th Street.
我们该将讯问
We should narrow our inquiries
限制在格林威治和下东区
to Greenwich Village and the Lower East Side.
不过是城市一半的人口
That's only half the population of the city.
他在屋顶上驾轻就熟
He -- he knows his way around the rooftops.
或许跟他的职业有几分关系
Perhaps his profession is somehow connected.
教会和慈善机构走屋顶在城里走动
Churches and charity use the rooftops to get around the city.
那我们干吗不去挨个找
Then why don't we knock on some doors and --
我们没时间
We don't have time.
我们得尽快缩小可能范围
We need to narrow down our possibilities quickly.
圣巴拿巴盛宴节只有八天就到了
The Feast of St. Barnabas is only eight days away,
我们清楚他不会罢手
and we know he won't stop killing.
得在11号♥之前找到他
We have until the 11th.
那我们或许该叫警♥察♥帮忙
Then perhaps we should involve the police.
我们就是警♥察♥
We are the police.
亚弗·杜里为什么要改叫约翰·比彻姆
Why did Japheth Dury change his name to John Beecham
那个侵犯了他的人就叫乔治·比彻姆
when the man who violated him was named George Beecham?
为什么只用他的姓氏
Why take only his surname?
肯定有什么扭曲的逻辑
There could be some twisted logic to it.
通过用一半他的名字
By taking his name or part of it,
他从受害者变成了施虐者
he changes from victim to tormentor.
并以此 占据了那个背叛他的人的身份
And by doing so, assumes the identity of the man who betrayed him
从此他也开始背叛信任他的男孩
and in turn betrays boys who trust him.
但为什么叫约翰 不叫乔治
Yes, but why John and not George?
我们知道约翰·比彻姆1♥8♥9♥0年
We know that John Beecham was released
夏天从圣伊丽莎白医院出院
from St. Elizabeth's hospital in the summer of 1♥8♥9♥0,
茨威格双胞胎的案子是1♥8♥9♥3年
and the murders of the Zweig twins occurred in 1♥8♥9♥3.
如果是同一个人
If it was the same man,
他这期间去哪了
where was he those intervening years?
如果我知道你的名字 想知道你住哪
If I had your name and wanted to know where you lived,
我该去哪找 艾萨克森侦缉警司
where would I go, Detective Sergeant Isaacson?
-警方记录 -假如没有警方记录呢
- Uh, police records. - Let's say you don't have a police record.
-上班时间已结束 -我们是警♥察♥局的
- Official hours are over. - We're with the police department.
我们想和
Uh, we were wondering
查尔斯·莫里先生谈一谈
if we could have a word with Mr. Charles Murray?
你们找他目的是什么
And what is the purpose of your inquiry?
我们想翻阅普查记录
We'd like to check the Census records
是否有我们要寻找的男人
for the name of a man we're trying to find.
《人口普查局》
停
Stop!
下东区病院
The Lower East Side wards.
约翰·比彻姆
John Beecham.
亚伦街146号♥
146 Allan Street.
两岁
Aged 2 years.
今年也就是八岁
That would make him 8 now.
九 八
Nine...eight...
七
seven...
六
six...
五
five...
四
four...
三
three...
二
two...
一
one!
也许他改名换姓了
Perhaps he did change his name.
或是普查过后才搬来纽约的
Or moved to New York after the Census.
出自《杰克和豆茎》
我闻到英国佬的味道
I smell the blood of an Englishman.
出自《杰克和豆茎》
我闻到英国佬的味道
I smell the blood of an Englishman.
怎么
What is it?
你看这个
Look at this.
我闻到英国佬的味道
I smell the blood of an Englishman.
我闻到英国佬的味道
I smell the blood of an Englishman.
你看页面最下面
Look at the bottom of the page.
约翰·比彻姆
约翰·比彻姆
他就在这里 他是真的
He's here. He's real.
小孩不准来这
Hey! You kids can't be here!
我不明白我专员为什么要问询
I don't see what business it is of the Commissioner
我们的内部事务
to inquire into our employment practices.
我会很乐意向莫里先生解释的
We'd be happy to explain that to Mr. Murray.
我就是莫里
I am Mr. Murray.
比彻姆先生的兄弟
Mr. Beecham's brother
卷入了一起土地投机丑闻
may be involved in a land speculation scandal.
专员认为约翰
The Commissioner thought that John
或许能协助我们找到他
might be able to help us locate him.
比彻姆是我雇用的普查员
Mm. I hired Beecham as an enumerator --
负责人口的
the men who did the counting
统计与访问
and the interviewing for the Census --
1♥8♥9♥0年春季入职
in the spring of '90.
我一共雇用了九百名普查员
I hired 900 such men.
九百名 而你还记得他
900, and you still remember him?
我记得我所有的员工
I remember all the men who work for me.
而且他令人印象深刻
And he was particularly hard to forget.
他的外貌...十分不幸
He had a...rather unfortunate appearance.
我当时担心人们会拒绝
I was concerned that people would be unwilling
让他进屋
to allow him into their homes.
你指他面容有缺陷
You mean he had a disfigurement?
面部似乎有些痉挛
A facial spasm of some kind.
我也不是医生
I'm not a doctor.
-但你仍然雇用他 -他为人还不错
- But you hired him anyway? - He was a decent fellow.
彬彬有礼 信仰虔诚 小心谨慎
Polite. Religious. Scrupulous.
我个人从来不太相信那些指控
Personally, I never gave much credence to the allegations.
什么指控
What allegations?
某个犹太家庭
I had to fire him
投诉他之后 我不得不解雇他
after a complaint from a Jewish family.
他们声称 他几次在非普查时间
They claimed he had been visiting their daughter
擅自探访他们的女儿
on several occasions when he wasn't scheduled for an interview.
他们女儿当年几岁
How old was their daughter?
当时十二岁 但你们也知道
12 at the time, but I'm sure you appreciate it
那年龄的女孩想象力特别丰富
that girls of that age have vivid imaginations...
信奉犹太教的人更是喜欢异想天开
And people of the Hebrew faith even more so.
他的聘用记录 你还保存着吗
You haven't, by any chance, kept his employment records?
这里是人口普查局 我们保存所有记录
We're the Census Department. We keep everything.
看起来差不多
They seem similar.
这上面 靠近页眉的位置
And this over here, near the top of the page?
那当然是他的地址了
That's his address, of course.
姓名 约翰·比彻姆
地址 银行大街23号♥
出生日期 1865年11月19日
出生地 新帕尔茨
布鲁巴奇音乐厅
特别奉献
4月23日
这是他写的地址
This is the address that he gave.
银行大街23号♥
23 Bank Street.
如果有巡警在场的话我会更安心点
I'd feel much safer if there were a couple of roundsmen present.
他们在背后朝你开枪你就不这样想了
Not after they shot you in the back.
有人吗
Hello?
抱歉 亲爱的 我吓到你们了
I'm sorry, dear. I frightened ya.
是我们冒失 门没锁
We apologize. The door was unlocked.
我这臭脑袋 你们是来看♥房♥♥子的吗
Oh! Silly me. Are you inquiring about the room?
是的 我们的朋友在找出租屋
Yes. Our friends are looking for lodgings.
他们已经上去了
They've gone upstairs.
恐怕我只有一间空房♥了
I'm afraid I only have the one room available right now.
-你还有其他的房♥客吗 -目前就剩小猫了
- Have you any other lodgers? - Just the kitties, for now.
我认识的一个人 约翰·比彻姆
An acquaintance of mine, John Beecham,
给了我你的地址 女士
gave me your address, ma'am.
亲爱的比彻姆先生 对小猫倒是不太友好
Ah, dear Mr. Beecham. Not a friend of the kitties.
他对你赞不绝口
Yet he spoke so highly of you.
我相信他在你这住了一段时间吧
I believe he was with you for some time?
差不多六年
Almost six years.
上个圣诞节 就是在他失业之后走的 可怜的人
He left last Christmas, after he lost his job, poor man.
我记得跟吉布走丢是同一天
I remember it was the same day that Jib ran away.
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表