剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
so you'd have a more comfortable place to convalesce.
谢谢你们二人的帮助
I'd like to thank you both for your help.
说实话 这不仅仅是帮助
Frankly, it was more than help.
你们把自己置于险境
You've put yourselves at great risk.
我想说的是 你们这次这么危险
What I mean to say is that I take responsibility for the fact
我有责任
that you came so close to...
我真正想说的是
What I really mean to say is that, uh...
对不起
I apologize.
我觉得我把你们的忠诚和信任当作理所应当了
I feel I've taken your loyalty and trust for granted.
博士
Doctor...
你不必道歉
You don't have to apologize.
对吧 史蒂文
Right, Stevie?
是的
Right.
希望你们能住得舒服
I hope you'll be comfortable.
请来份蛋蜜乳
Egg cream, please.
马上就来
Coming up.
约翰
John.
拉兹洛
Laszlo?
你被用氯仿麻醉了
You've been chloroformed.
我进马车的时候就闻到了
I could smell it when I got in the wagon.
但我不知道是谁干的
But by whom, I don't know.
谁在里面
Whoa there.
你的制♥服♥怎么了 警监
What happened to your uniform, Captain?
走吧 社会男孩
Go on, get, society boy.
拉兹洛 看来我们到了一个
Well, Laszlo, it seems we find ourselves
全是圣人的地方
in the presence of u202da great many sainted men.
克雷泽勒博士 我们已经知道了你的调查
Dr. Kreizler, we're aware of your investigation and demand
以及你和你同事们中止的查问
that you and your colleagues desist.
是的 波特主教 我想知道
Yes. Bishop Potter, I wonder why you,
作为一个教会的领袖和这个社区的支柱
a leader of the Church and a pillar of the community
你为什么想要阻止我们
would want to stop us in our quest
找到这些谋杀案的元凶
to find the perpetrator of these terrible murders?
因为这是警♥察♥的工作
Because it's a matter for the police.
犯下这些案子的凶手
The man responsible for these crimes
已经逍遥法外有段时间了
has been active for some time,
但警♥察♥似乎没办法或者说是不想阻止他
but the police seem to be unable or unwilling to stop him.
有些人是在你的任期内被害的 伯恩先生
Some of the victims were killed during your tenure, Mr. Byrnes.
在这个城市里
Not a day goes by in this city
每天都有一些小偷在小巷子里悲惨死去
without some little grifter being found dead on misery lane.
谋杀就是谋杀
Murder is murder.
但不能归罪于一个无辜的人
Not when it leads to the door of an innocent man.
威勒姆·凡·伯根不是凶手
Willem Van Bergen did not commit these murders.
这一点我是非常确定的
Of that, I'm quite certain.
你少撒谎了 你自己都不信
Oh, no. That's a lie. He don't believe that.
你 和保罗·凯利这样的罪犯
Now, you and criminals like Paul Kelly,
以及那些受雇于他的煽动者和社♥会♥主♥义♥分子
along with the agitators and the socialists on his payroll
就是在破坏法律
are subverting the law.
我只关心死去的那七个孩童
My only concern is that of seven dead children.
各位
Gentlemen.
各位
Gentlemen.
知道我为何收藏艺术品吗
Do you know why I collect art?
艺术使我相信
It persuades me that the
这世界比我所认识的更美好
world is a more beautiful place than I know it to be.
我能理解的事物 令我安心
I take comfort in that which I can understand.
而无缘无故 滥杀无辜者
And a man who kills for no apparent reason
已超越我的理解范围
is beyond my comprehension.
摩根先生 你在金融领域是先驱
Mr. Morgan, you are a pioneer in your field.
你将金融变为科学
You've turned finance into a science.
我也希望能将人类心理学变为科学
I hope to do the same for the human mind,
无论是否是罪犯
criminal or otherwise.
借由观察凶手的手法
By looking at the man's methods,
他的嗜好 以及其受害者
his appetites and his victims,
我相信我能拼凑真♥相♥
I believe I can build a clear enough picture
以了解他的动机
to understand his motives
再将他绳之以法
and thereby capture him.
波特主教 能否麻烦你这就动身
Bishop Potter, may I suggest that you take your leave?
去和那男孩的家属谈谈
And talk to the family of the boy in question.
告诉他们 他们儿子不再是嫌疑人了
Let them know that their son is no longer under suspicion.
这是我们最起码能做的
It's the least we can do,
毕竟这些不实指控
seeing as how these false accusations
已经迫使男孩潜逃国外了
have forced the boy to flee the country.
伯恩先生 你陪同主教一起吧
Mr. Byrnes, why don't you accompany the Bishop?
那一家人若能听见你亲口告诉他们
I'm sure the family would like a reassuring word
想必会更安心
from you as well.
博士 你的信念非常有趣
Doctor, your beliefs are interesting.
我相信 人的所作所为
I believe there are two reasons
归根于两种原因
why a man does what he does --
好原因 或真正的原因
the good reason and the real reason.
那你何不告诉我们
Then why don't you tell us
你强迫我们来此的真正原因
the real reason why you forced us here?
这座城市正在改变
The city is changing.
再过四年 我们将踏入二十世纪
In four years time, we'll be entering the 20th century,
届时纽约势必成为
and New York is poised to become
世上前所未有 最大的经济重心
the greatest economic powerhouse this world has ever seen.
但要达成此目标
But to do so...
我们需要有听命且顺从的劳动力
we need a compliant workforce.
近来的凶杀案造成社会动荡
The civil unrest caused by these murders troubles me
也令我深感苦恼 非常苦恼
a great deal, a great deal, indeed --
可能比这些凶案还要恼
possibly even more u202dthan the murders themselves.
残酷的真♥相♥ 依然是真♥相♥
A harsh truth, hmm, but a truth nonetheless.
来杯柠檬汁吗 摩尔先生
Would you like a lemonade, Mr. Moore?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
怎么了
What happened? u202d
看样子那头死肥猪
It looks as though that fat son of a bitch
打算让那个精神病学家继续调查
is going to let that alienist continue with his investigation.
他们起疑心了 我知道
They suspect something. I know it.
那你最好祈祷他们停留在起疑阶段
Well, you better hope that it stays a suspicion.
出发
Let's go!
最好把那瑞典人找回来
Better get The Swede back.
叫他这一次别只带三氯甲烷
Tell him to bring more than chloroform this time.
两位 你们在极短期间内
Gentlemen, you have made yourself a very wide variety
给自己树立了来自各界的强大敌人
of very powerful enemies in a very short period of time.
虽然我这儿无法公开提供支持
Now, I can offer you no public support,
但是尽快解这件社会丑事
but a quick resolution to this sordid affair
对所有人都有好处
is in everyone's best interest.
因此 如果你们在寻找凶手过程中
Therefore, if you should find yourself in need of any resources
需要任何资源...
in your quest to find this man --
谢谢你 摩根先生
Thank you, Mr. Morgan...
但是您的资金介入
but there would be no advantage
对我们的调查毫无益处
to our investigation to have your financial involvement,
尤其是万一这种消息曝光
especially if it were ever to be made public.
我明白了
I see. Hmm.
祝两位今天愉快 再见
You gentlemen have yourselves a good day.
你为什么要拒绝他的帮助
Why would you turn down his offer if he wants to help you?
JP·摩根这种人只做
Men such as J.P. Morgan are only capable of doing
他们认为对自己最有利的事
what they perceive to be in their best interest.
你别指望他们会帮助你
You don't take something from people like that
而不求回报
without them expecting something in return.
但是JP·摩根这样的人能想从你身上得到什么
But what could a man like J.P. Morgan want from you?
我不知道 不过我也不想知道
I don't know, but I'm most unwilling to find out.
帮帮我
Help me.
我没有疯 帮帮我
I'm not crazy. Help me.
小姐
Miss!
帮帮我
Help me!
你是罗斯福专员办公室的霍华德小姐吗
You're Miss Howard from Commissioner Roosevelt Office?
是的
Yes.
你之前应该写了一封信
You wrote a letter some time back
问起过一些病人的事
making inquires about patients, I believe.
是的
Yes.
我们这里没有人符合你们的搜索条件
And we have no one here who fit the parameters of your search.
当时的确没有
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表