剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
In this case, what do we owe you for the ride,
除了我们的感激
other than our gratitude?
停车
Whoa there!
既然你们问了
Well, now that you're asking,
你们可以向你们的朋友
you could deliver a gentle word
罗斯福先生捎句话
in the ear of your friend, Mr. Roosevelt.
如果他再继续关着我的妓院
He keeps my brothels shut down any longer,
我就要他好看
he will have hell to to pay.
告诉他
You can let him know
今天的暴♥动♥只是小试牛刀
the rioting today was just a taster.
关闭妓院是我们的点子 凯利先生
It was our idea to close the brothels, Mr. Kelly.
我知道
Sure, I know.
我赞赏你们的努力
And I applaud your efforts.
所以我告诉你 博士
So let me tell you, Doctor...
你在对付一个怪物
You are fighting a monster --
他从百万富翁巷
one that reaches from Millionaires' Mile
把手伸到了莫勃利街
all the way down to Mulberry Street,
如果你们不小心
and if you're not careful,
它会先吃了你 你们根本来不及找到孩子杀手
it will devour you long before you find your child killer.
印第安人屠♥杀♥
抱歉我们迟了 霍华德小姐
Excuse us for being late, Miss Howard.
我们开始吧 这就是博士要我们
Let's get started. u202dHere's the correspondence
重新查看的
from the mental hospitals
精神病院的通信
the doctor wanted us to re-examine.
开始吧
Shall we?
希望你不是在说土著习俗
I hope you're not implying the native customs
跟这些凶案有什么关系
have anything to do with these murders.
我们本来就在改变公众
I mean, we have got already enough trouble
对土著人的观点上举步维艰
changing the public view of the natives.
这就是我们此行要弄清楚的 弗兰茨
That's what we've come to find out, Franz.
我个人对平原部落的了解
My own knowledge about the Plains Tribes
只是皮毛而已
is poorly inefficient,
但是我有一个年轻的同事也许能帮到你们
but I have a young colleague who may be able to help you.
写了什么
What is it?
一份详细的描述
A detailed description.
他年纪太大了 不是我们要找的人
He's too old to be our man.
一位收♥容♥所♥犯人写的 他目击了小巨角战役
uh, from an asylum inmate who witnessed the battlefield
战后的杀戮现场
after Little Bighorn.
大声读一下
Well, read it aloud.
而且 他还被收押着
Besides, he's still locked up.
别这么看着我
Please don't look at me like that.
也别对眼神
Or each other.
"尸体在四块岩石周围堆积着
"The bodies were heaped around four great boulders.
"我看见挖出来的眼球抹在石头上
I saw eyeballs torn out and smeared on the rocks --
"脑浆也是 鼻子和耳朵都被砍下来了
"Brains, too. Noses and ears were hacked off
"肠子都露在外面
"And entrails exposed.
"卡斯特将军的尸体就在屠♥杀♥现场的中心"
"General Custer's body lay in the middle of the carnage."
"他的大腿被砍得露出了骨头 撕掉了耳朵
"His thighs had been slashed to the bone, his ears slit,
至少十来只箭射穿了他的腹股沟"
and at least a dozen arrows pierced his groin."
阉♥割♥和自残非常常见
Castration and mutilation of the genitals were quite common.
苏族相信每个人都是纳吉 人的灵魂
The Sioux believed that each man's Nagi, his spirit,
会在死亡得时候进入来世
entered the afterlife in the exact same form
并且和前世形式相同
he left the world at his death.
所以如果勇士对敌人恨之入骨
So if a warrior truly hated his enemy,
他会砍掉对方的命根子
he'd chop off his manhood to prevent him
防止他在灵界享受合欢的快乐
from enjoying the pleasures of copulation in the spirit world.
神交
Spirits copulate?
我估计可能是因为没别的办法了
I, uh, suppose there's not much else to do.
那眼睛呢
What about the eyes?
他们相信纳吉到达精神世界
The belief is the Nagi has to take a perilous journey
需要经过冒险
to reach the spirit world.
如果没有了眼睛 他们就找不到路
If the eyes are missing, they can't find their way
也因此被迫返回我们的世界
and thus will be forced to return to our world
作为孤魂野鬼永远游荡着
and wander forever as a lost and forlorn ghost.
当然 这跟你们调查的肢解
Of course, that's one big difference
有天壤之别
with the mutilations you're investigating.
什么区别
And that is?
儿童
Children.
自尊自重的大草原印第安人
No self-respecting Plains Indian
不会下手肢解一个孩子
would ever commit this kind of ritual mutilation on a child.
那会说明你认为孩子是个威胁
It would mean admitting you considered the child a threat,
这是一件既丢人又懦弱的事
and that'd be deemed shameful and cowardly.
那么你认为我们的肢解
Then you don't believe that our mutilations
并不是印第安仪式的一部分了
were part of an Indian ritual?
对任何一个了解该文化的人来说 肯定不是
To anyone who understands the culture, most decidedly not.
如果是一个并不了解文化
What about someone who doesn't understand the culture,
可能只是目击过肢解的人呢
someone who has perhaps witnessed mutilations
比如并不理解背后的意义的人
such as these without knowing what they mean?
我认为他们会给这个行为赋予他们自己的看法
Then I'd say they would apply to them their own meaning.
"比红印第安人还肮脏"
u202d"Dirtier than a Red Injun."
他给圣雷利太太的心里写到的
It's in the letter he wrote to Mrs. Santorelli.
他可能在孩童时期目击过这样的场景
He's witnessed these things, probably as a child
因为已经有20年没发生过大屠♥杀♥了
since there's been no account of a massacre for 20 years --
至少印第安人没干过
not by Indians, anyway.
-可凡·伯根从来没去过西部吗 -是的
- But Van Bergen was never out West? u202d- Exactly.
虽然我们昨晚失利了 约翰 但更接近了
We blundered last night, John, but we're getting closer.
乔安娜小姐
Miss Joanna?
很高兴你这么快就赶来了
I'm glad you were able to get here so quickly.
乔安娜小姐会叫你拉兹洛先生的
Miss Joanna would make you Mr. Laszlo.
克劳福特小姐 他怎么样了
Miss Crawford. How is he?
他问你有没有来过
He was asking if you'd been to visit.
我给他带了点吃的
I brought him some food.
医院的吃的算不上可口
The fare at hospitals can be less than flavorful.
塞拉斯跟我说你找到工作了
Cyrus told me you've found employment?
是的 在《费城论♥坛♥报》
Yes, at u202dThe Philadelphia Tribune.
很好
Excellent.
他们只是按文章付钱
They only pay me by the article,
但是我很快就能把钱还给你了
but I'll be able to reimburse you soon.
我给塞拉斯帮你交学费的钱
The money I gave Cyrus for your education
不用还
requires no repayment.
这么多年来他为我做的工作
The service he's provided me over the years
不止这些
is quite sufficient.
你是指差点害他被杀
You mean nearly getting himself killed?
我看出来我冒犯你了 但我不知道原因
I see I've offended you without knowing why.
你本来很久以前就能放他离开的
You could have released him from your services a long time ago.
那是你的决定
That was your decision to make.
我很需要他 就像他需要我一样
I have as much need of him as he has of me.
看来你需要的更多
More, I'd say.
我说的是友情
I was speaking of friendship.
你的"朋友"大部分时间都在马厩里度过
Your "Friend" Spends most of his time in the stables.
我叔叔可能会把这些善举
My uncle may take acts of kindness
看作是你有风度的体现
as a mark of your decency,
但我觉得你用这些
but I see keeping him downtrodden
恩惠和进步思想来折磨他
through courtesy and progressive ideas
只是单纯地比用枷锁和皮鞭更有效而已
as simply more effective than using shackles and a whip.
谢谢你告诉我 我叔叔的近况 博士
Thank you for letting me know about my uncle, Doctor.
也谢谢你支付我的学费
And thank you as well for paying for my schooling.
我还是会把这笔钱还给你的
I still intend to reimburse you.
邮政电报
邦兹尔
犯罪
布莱克威尔
岛
-又有一个 -同一家医院
- Here's another one. - The same hospital?
符合我们描述的
Of the patients who match our description
去过西部的病人中 有四名被送到了
that have spent time in the West, these four were sent
华盛顿的圣伊丽莎白医院
to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington.
看这个
Look at this one.
鲁道夫·邦兹尔
Rudolf Bunzl,
被释放了 之后又被关在布莱克威尔岛
released and later committed to Blackwell's Island
就在这座城市里
right here in the city.
这说明他们会有他的前科记录
That means u202dthey'll have records on him.
我让玛丽腾出她的房♥间
I've asked Mary to vacate her room
让你能有一个更舒适的地方来休养身体
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表