剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
I'm to inform you the police have a suspect.
罗斯福请你帮忙查出他
Roosevelt is asking for your help to identify him.
如果你愿意坐下来 我很乐意帮忙
I'd very much like it if you would join me.
请坐
Please.
除非你不要再编造什么
Only on the condition that you fabricate no more stories
抑郁的母亲溺死孩子的故事
about distraught mothers and their waterlogged children.
我保证
I give you my word.
谢谢
Thank you.
红酒不够好吗
Is the wine not satisfactory?
非常好
It's delicious.
你没有说实话
You're not being truthful.
实话是我更喜欢威士忌
The truth is I prefer whiskey.
-给这位女士来一杯威士忌 -是 先生
- Bring the lady a whiskey, please. - Yes, sir.
-来两杯吧 -好的
- Please make it two. - Of course.
我是家中独女 我父亲将我养大
I was raised by my father as an only child.
他教我喝威士忌
He taught me to drink whiskey.
他说如果我想生活在男人的世界中
He said if I was to endeavor to live in a man's world,
就必须学会像男人一样喝酒
then it was necessary for me to learn to drink like a man.
我必须承认 我花了好几年
I must admit, however, it took me years
习惯这种味道
to accustom myself to the taste.
你♥爸♥爸还教了你什么
What else did your father teach you?
骑马 射击
To ride, to shoot,
不好惧怕自己的信念
to live without fear of my own convictions.
我不懂马和枪
I don't know about horseflesh or firearms,
但是在最后一项上 他做得很好
but it appears he's done rather well with the latter.
你确定不需要些吃的吗
Are you sure you won't have anything to eat?
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
这不够好吗
Is it not satisfactory?
她的祖父来自明斯克的一个小村庄
Her grandfather came from a village outside Minsk.
告诉他
Tell her.
我从来没见过他
I never met him.
我出生前他就死了
He died before I was born.
我父母是在这里认识的
My parents met here.
就像我们的奶奶一样
Just like us, Mama.
她一直在我们原来的国家
She has ties to the old country.
我想知道你们的名字有什么渊源
I'm curious about your names.
我记得《旧约全书》中没有叫马库斯和卢修斯
I don't recall a Marcus or Lucius in the Old Testament.
-莎士比亚 -莎士比亚
- Shakespeare. - Shakespeare?
我们的父母当时刚来到这个国家
Our parents were just arrived in this country.
为了学习英文 他们一直看莎士比亚的作品
In order to learn English, they took to reading Shakespeare.
或者说想看
Or trying to.
我们刚出生时 他们刚看了一半《恺撒大帝》
They were halfway through "Julius Caesar" when we were born.
他们不希望自己的孩子
They didn't want their children
遭到反犹太对待
to be subjected to any anti-Jewish feelings,
所以就给我们起了戏剧中的名字
hence we were named after characters in the play.
你知道
You know.
那个故事很精彩 萨克森太太
That's a wonderful story, Mrs. Isaacson.
对于这名嫌犯还有什么信息吗
What more can you tell me about this suspect?
专员只说
The Commissioner only stated
他是个有权有势的人
that he comes from wealth and privilege,
我该去查查警方记录
and that I should try and see if police records might help
能否通过他的行为找到他
to identify him by his actions.
我发现有几起关于与被害人年纪相仿的男孩
I discovered several complaints regarding improper behavior
不良行为的报案
with children approximately the same age as our victims.
有两起案子比较有意思
I found these two to be of most interest --
一个年轻人 29岁 未婚
a young man, age 29, unmarried,
自愿去儿童福利院帮忙
volunteers his time at children's charities.
两起报案的指控都被撤销了
On both complaints, the name of the accused had been redacted.
肯定是前任局长伯恩指示的
Ex-Chief Byrnes' influence, I've no doubt.
我还找到了这个名字
I also found this name.
备注 1♥8♥9♥5年5月28日 跟进
亨利·波特主教称是一场意外 称自己遭到侵犯的男孩只是打闹所伤
亨利·波特主教
Bishop Henry Potter?
撤销报告上 他声称
On that redacted document, he stated after the fact
这是一个误会
that there had been some sort of misunderstanding,
备注 1♥8♥9♥5年5月28日 跟进
亨利·波特主教称是一场意外 称自己遭到侵犯的男孩只是打闹所伤
声称遭到侵犯的男孩
that the young man accused of assault
只是小打小闹所伤
had merely been engaged in a bit of roughhouse.
你是说英国国教主教...
You're suggesting that the head of the Episcopal Church...
会让孩子进医院的打闹
Roughhouse that sent the boy involved to the hospital.
现在下结论还太早 霍华德小姐
While it's too early to draw conclusions, Miss Howard,
我必须称赞你的警♥察♥工作
I must compliment you on your police work.
我应该欣慰你认为
I suppose I should be grateful at the suggestion
我所做的是警♥察♥工作
that what I'm doing is police work.
搜索警方记录
Searching out these records
并得到如此有说服力的结论
and drawing quite convincing inferences
的确很值得称赞
is certainly worthy of the term.
罗斯福专员可能不会同意
Commissioner Roosevelt might disagree with you.
我发现罗斯福专员
I find Commissioner Roosevelt
不会同意大多数人的大多数意见
capable of disagreeing with most people on most things.
你和他很相似
You're of similar temperament then.
如果我不同意 这只会佐证你的观点
If I were to disagree with you, it would only prove your point.
根据你的知识和经验
Given your knowledge and experience,
也许我应该说
perhaps instead I should say
你既固执又难对付
that you're stubborn and intractable.
难对付
Intractable?
非常难
You've a gift for it.
不好意思 博士
Please excuse me, Doctor.
我还有很多工作
I have more work to do.
手挽手 手挽手 让詹姆斯向前冲
Red Rover, Red Rover, send James over!
手挽手 手挽手 让毕夏向前冲
Red Rover, Red Rover, send the Bishop over!
一阵风从我右边吹过
That took the wind right out of my sails.
孩子们先走吧
You children go on without me.
我叫拉兹洛·克雷泽勒
My name is Laszlo Kreizler.
我们应该都认识西奥多·罗斯福
I believe we have a mutual acquaintance in Theodore Roosevelt.
朋友的朋友就是我的朋友
A friend of a friend is my friend.
你好像有很多朋友
You seem to have many friends,
有不少重要人士
and some very important ones at that.
有什么事吗 克雷泽勒先生
What can I do for you, Mr. Kreizler?
克雷泽勒博士
Dr. Kreizler.
也许你已经听说过 有好几个男孩
Perhaps you've heard, there have been a number of boys
在这个教区被杀了
murdered down in the tenements.
我和大家一样看报纸
I read the papers like everyone else.
我是来找你的一名教众问话的
I'm here to inquire after a member of your congregation --
警♥察♥曾经找过他
one who's had a troubled history with the police.
恐怕我不知道有谁符合你的描述
I'm afraid I'm unaware of anyone who fits that description.
也许...这会让你想起来
Perhaps... this enlightens you.
手挽手 手挽手 让马修往前冲
Red Rover, Red Rover, send Matthew over!
这上面是你的名字吧
That is your name mentioned, is it not?
我好几年没见过这个年轻人了
I haven't seen the young man in a number of years.
他过得很好
He lived a life of the flesh.
我听说凡·伯根太太...
Last I heard, Mrs. Van Bergen...
手拉手 手拉手 让亨利往前冲
Red Rover, Red Rover, send Henry over!
他妈妈把他送到了苏格兰
his mother had sent him off to Switzerland
去进行所谓的"静养法"
to undergo what was termed a "Rest cure."
和他有关的保安
The complaint filed against him had to do
与他在教堂所做的事有关
with work he was doing here at the church.
是一个误会
A misunderstanding.
他自愿来我们资助的孤儿院帮忙
He had volunteered to help with the orphans we provide for.
他是个很热情的年轻人
He's a passionate young man.
是他们搞错了
Things were taken the wrong way.
那你是不相信他会是个杀人犯了
So you don't believe him capable of murder?
手拉手 手拉手 让杰拉德往前冲
Red Rover, Red Rover, send Gerald over!
我来问问你 博士
Let me ask you, Doctor,
上帝要怎么区分精神病学家
how would God distinguish an alienist...
和化学家...或者灵学家
from an alchemist or a...spiritualist,
或者会把桌子悬浮起来
or someone who levitates tables
和死人说话的人
and talks to the dead?
心理学虽说是新兴领域
Psychology is a relatively new
但也是备受推崇
but well-respected field of medicine.
没有上帝
Without God,
人性本恶
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表