剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
有人在吗
Anybody here?
杜里先生 我们只是想聊聊
Mr. Dury, we only want to talk.
知道你的主子在哪儿吗
Don't suppose you know where your master might be?
早上好 杜里先生
Good morning, Mr. Dury.
杜里先生
Mr. Dury,
我是约翰·斯凯勒·摩尔
my name is John Schuyler Moore,
我在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》工作
and I work for "The New York Times."
我们只想和你聊几句
We've only come to talk.
我们知道事件发生当时
We know you'd already left home...
你不在家
when the event occurred.
"家"
"Home."
那地方不能称之为家
That's a poor description of it.
要是问我 老牧师杜里
You ask me, old Reverend Dury
没法用他的地狱之火和诅咒拯救任何人的灵魂
couldn't save anyone's soul with his hellfire and damnation,
更别提那些印第安人了
let alone redskins.
他被赶出普莱斯
He weren't a missionary very long 'fore
沦为平民之前并不是传教士
he was driven off the Plains and back to civilization.
他回来以后
And when he come back here,
还带回来一些图
he brought pictures with him
都是些死掉的白人 他看到
of dead white folks -- folks he'd seen
在1962年明尼苏达大屠♥杀♥中惨遭屠♥杀♥的人
mutilated in the Minnesota Massacre of '62.
图
Pictures?
照片
Photographs.
太可怕了
Awful, they were.
他会镇上的孩子们看
Used to show 'em to the town children,
告诉他们如果不敬畏上帝
tell 'em that's what would happen
就会变成这样
if you're not God-fearin'.
没人喜欢他...
Nobody liked him much...
或他的妻子
or his wife.
就算红印第安人一路找到这里
And nobody blamed them Injuns for comin' all the way back here,
偷走了他们的儿子亚弗 报复他们
stealing their boy Japheth and getting revenge on 'em
在西部的所作所为
for whatever they done out West.
你真的觉得是红印第安人干的吗
You really think it was Indians that killed them?
记录上说16年前就是这样的
That's what the record say happened 16 years ago,
我也认为16年前就是这样的
and that's what I say happened 16 years ago.
所以如果你没有别的问题了的话 我先走了
So if you have no more questions, I'll be on my way.
一个字都不要信
Don't believe a word he says.
杜里先生 我们想问你几个问题
Mr. Dury, we were hoping to ask you some questions.
我不说死人的坏话
I don't speak ill of the dead...
就算他们该死
...even if they deserve it.
所以你才在这里 对吗
That is why you're here, isn't it?
我们不想贬低你的父母 杜里先生
We've no intention of disparaging your parents, Mr. Dury.
我们认为警方对他们被杀的
It's the police investigation of their deaths
调查是伪造的
that we believe was flawed.
也许你愿意告诉我们这案子的另一面
Perhaps you'd care to talk about a different aspect of the case.
告诉我们关于你弟弟的事
Tell us about your brother.
亚弗
Japheth?
你们怎么知道他的
What do you want to know about him?
他放学后会在小镇里玩一会
He'd be in town sometimes after school,
给他妈妈买♥♥点东西
fetching something for his mother or
或帮他爸爸做点事
running errands for his father.
以他的条件 没有什么朋友
He didn't have any friends, not with that condition of his.
什么条件
What condition was that?
他的脸经常抽动
His face was always twitchin',
好像很疼似的
like he was in terrible pain.
亚当·杜里不想要他父母的房♥子 没人想要
Adam Dury didn't want his parents' house. Nobody did.
这不怪他们 这里面都是鬼魂
I don't blame 'em. It's full of ghosts.
我教他如何用陷阱狩猎
I taught him how to hunt with snares,
剥动物皮
skin animals.
我以为能有些用处 但是...
Thought it would do some good, but, uh...
但就算那时 他也无法摆脱她的阴影
but even then, he couldn't escape her shadow.
她的阴影
"Her shadow"?
我妈妈 她是一个...
My mother. She was a...
无情的女人
...A woman with no heart.
她对我很冷漠 但是亚弗
With me, it was mostly indifference, but, uh, with Japheth...
她一直折磨着亚弗
with Japheth, she was at him all the time.
告诉他他不是她亲生的
Telling him that he wasn't hers...
是食人奴隶把他扔在他们家门口
it was man-eating savages left him on our doorstep.
她说他是红印第安人的孽种
She said that he was the bastard child of the Red Injun.
我可怜的弟弟
And the only time my poor brother's soul
只有爬到那些山上 灵魂才能得到平静
knew any peace was when he was in those mountains, climbing.
脸上的抽动才会停止
The spasms in his face would stop,
他的脸平静如死水
and it'd be still as a pond.
他像蜥蜴那样跃上岩石
He stuck to the rock face like a lizard.
我从来没见过亚弗·杜里这样的人
I never seen anyone like Japheth Dury.
你说他没有朋友 他是一个人登山的吗
You said he had no friends. Did he climb alone then?
大多数时候是的 但有段时间他和别人一起
Mostly, though there was a time someone else climbed with him.
另一个人 是个农夫
Another fellow, a farmhand.
老一点 和杰菲一见如故
Older. Took a liking to Japheth.
我相信他能照顾好我弟弟
I trusted him to look after my brother.
他辜负了我的信任
He betrayed that trust.
杜里先生 你觉得你弟弟发生了什么事
Mr. Dury, what do you think happened to your brother?
杰菲有点晚上回家很难过
Japheth came home one night. He was upset.
啜泣 诅咒
Sobbing, cursing...
下身...流血
Bleeding...down there.
如果我有机会的话
I'd have ripped that man's throat out myself,
绝对亲自割开那人的喉咙
I'd ever gotten the chance.
这个人还在这里吗
This man -- is he still around?
可以这么说
In a manner of speaking.
-什么意思 -意思是他已经不在人世
- What manner is that? - In a manner not of this Earth.
他死在了岗山 从悬崖上摔了下来
He died up in the Gunks. Fell off a thousand-foot cliff.
就是杜里被杀的时候
That was right around the time the Durys were killed.
你觉得是场意外吗
Do you think it was an accident?
什么意外 他的喉咙被拉到了耳根
An accident? His throat was cut from ear to ear.
他的眼睛不见了
His eyes were missing.
你还记得他的名字吗
Do you remember his name?
我绝对不会忘记
I won't never forget it.
比切姆
Beecham.
乔治·比切姆
George Beecham.
号♥外 号♥外
Extra! Extra!
来买♥♥份报纸啊
Come and get your newspapers!
西奥多
Theodore.
我最近和伯恩局长见过面
I recently had a meeting with Chief Byrnes.
前任局长伯恩
Ex-Chief Byrnes.
不好意思 能帮我把这个收起来吗
Excuse me. Could you box that up for me, please?
好的
Certainly.
你和伯恩没必要为了这个儿童杀手
Look, there's no reason for you and Byrnes to
针锋相对
butt heads over this child killer.
人们还没有准备好适应
People aren't ready for this
这种新式的调查
new highfalutin form of investigation.
他们只想抓住这个混♥蛋♥
They just want this son of bitch caught.
如果一个精神病人能
It'd scare the people if they were to find out
在警方之前查出凶手
that an alienist could figure out
人们会感到很害怕
who the killer was before their police department could.
你为什么要和我说这些
Why are you telling me this?
因为一个人信仰崩塌
Because faith is a terrible thing
是一件很可怕的事 西奥多
to take away from a man, Theodore.
就好像剥夺了他的未来
It's like taking away his future.
你无法阻止未来
You can't stop the future.
脸部抽动
The facial spasms,
狩猎 登山 肯定就是他
the hunting, the climbing -- it has to be him.
我不知道为什么 但是
I don't know why, but...
我都有点同情他了
I almost feel sorry for him.
这是我们本性好的一面
The better angels of our nature.
拉兹洛 你没事吧
Laszlo, are you all right?
应该没伤到骨头
I don't believe it's hit bone.
你得先帮我系紧
You need to tie it off.
你以为我们为什么一路被跟踪
Why do you think we've been followed all the way up here?
因为我们知道的太多了
Because we know too much.
约翰 如果我走不了 你能走
John, if I don't get away and you do,
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表