剧集 | 相对无言(2016) | 导航列表
Hold that.
握住这儿
Here it comes.
球要来了哦
Ohh! Yeah! We did it! Oh, yeah!
耶 耶 耶! 我们打败他了!
My boy! Oh!
好儿子!
Lad! Lad! Wahey!
多么棒的小伙子呀
Right, come on, then.
好了 来吧
Come on. Another one? Here.
再来一局? 来了
All communication is an exchange.
交流是一种改变
It's like table tennis.
这就像是打兵乓球一样
Look at us all sitting here, all feeling self-conscious.
看看我们坐在这儿的人 大家都是自发的
This is unnatural.
这很反常
Hey, it is in this family. Nobody interrupted you.
我们是一家人 没人会打断你的
By the time we're Joe's age,
在我们还是乔这个年纪的时候
most of our communication is automatic, unthinking, spontaneous.
我们说的所有话都是自发说的 不经过大脑思考的 自然无意识的
Funny, even.
有趣哈
Hey, were I here for that day, Maurice?
我那时候也在这儿吗 毛里斯?
So there we are.
我们这么说吧
Ping. Maurice makes a joke
乒 毛里斯开了个玩笑
to mask the fact that he's feeling uncomfortable.
来掩盖他尴尬的事实
Pong. Paul returns the serve, but can't help revealing
乓 保罗回了一个球
his own insecurity by making a joke at Maurice's expense.
但是也因为开毛里斯的玩笑而暴露了自己的心神不定
Well, as long as you don't ask me why I'm uncomfortable,
好吧 只要你不问我为什么尴尬
I think I can go along with this.
我都可以接受啊
I don't need to. Why wouldn't you feel uncomfortable?
我没必要问啊 你为啥尴尬呢?
You don't know what's going to happen next.
你都不知道接下来会发生什么
You don't know what this lunatic woman's going to say.
你都不知道这个女疯子接下来要说什么
That's how Joe feels all the time.
这就是乔一直以来的感受
Under pressure every time anybody asks him anything,
只要有人问他什么 他就会有压力
unless it's about his music, food, or his walks.
除非问他和音乐 食物 散步有关的事情
He's a kid who can't make
他就是个
himself heard in a family of loudmouths.
不知道怎么在一个总是高声说话的家庭里讲话的孩子
I know that feeling.
我了解那种感受
I'm not sure you can start equating your position with Joe's.
我不太确定你和乔能感同身受
Really? You didn't grow up with this crowd.
是吗? 你没有和这些人生活过
Give it six months and you'll know what I am getting at.
给你六个月的时间 你就会明白我的感受了
I know what you're getting at. I just don't agree.
我知道你的感受 我就是不同意而已
This unresolved tension here.
这就是还没有解决的分歧
It doesn't matter what it's about.
内容根本不重要
What matters is that they're playing it out by arguing about Joe.
重点是他们争论的是乔的事儿
Joe becomes the lightning rod for family tension.
乔成为了让家庭关系紧张的争议性人物
This in turn informs your dealings with him.
这就在告诉他 你们在解决他的事情
You communicate that anxiety whether you mean to or not.
不管你们有意或无意 你们的沟通都让他不安
No wonder he wears headphones.
难怪他一直戴着耳机
He wears headphones because...
他戴耳机是因为...
He wears headphones because he loves music.
他戴耳机是因为他喜欢音乐
Of course he loves music. Music doesn't answer back.
他确实喜欢音乐 音乐不会让他回答问题
Music keeps the world at arm's length,
音乐可以让他拒人于千里之外
calms him down when he feels distressed.
让他在有压力的时候冷静下来
Well, we're always talking about music together.
好吧 我们经常一起探讨音乐啊
If that's not social, then I don't know what is.
如果那也不算社交的话 我不知道什么才算了
It's lovely that you have music,
你们谈论音乐固然很好
but it isn't communication.
但那不是交流啊
For Joe, it's self-preservation.
对乔来说 那就是自我保护
Paul folds his arms defensively
保罗把胳膊很防御性的抱起来
because he's worried about what I'll be saying next.
是因为他担心我接下来还要说点什么
I think we're all worried.
我觉得我们每个人都在担心
Paul sends another return on the back of defensive humour.
保罗现在又用一个自卫式的幽默回应了我
I had no idea my game was so predictable.
我都不知道我玩个游戏竟然还有预见性
Are you going to be giving us a booklet at the end of this
你结束的时候 能给我本手册吗?
or something? Because I'm more of a "Read the instructions" Type.
因为我做什么事情都要先看说明书的
No.
没有
Rebecca, meanwhile, obsessively checks her phone
在这段时间里呢 丽贝卡一直玩手♥机♥
in the hope that'll take her out of here.
以期望让她远离这场对话
She doesn't want to be here.
她根本不想在这儿呆着
And I don't blame her.
我并没有指责她的意思
I'll be late for rehearsals. I'm doing the school play.
我彩排要迟到了 我参加了学校的演出
Yeah, Antigone. I noticed.
哦对<<安提戈涅>> 我注意到了
What was our school play, Maggie?
我们在学校那会儿演的什么来着 玛姬?
I don't remember.
我不记得了
Er, would you mind, Maggie?
玛姬 你介意我先离开吗?
Of course not. If that's OK with your mum,
当然不啊 你妈妈不介意就成
we can talk some other time.
我们可以改天再聊
I know this is tough,
我知道这很困难
but you hired me to help Joe.
但是你们雇我就是为了帮助乔的
I'm not sure this is helping.
我不觉得这是帮助
In need to come up with strategies
这是为了提出应对策略
in which Joe becomes part of the game.
好让乔也能参与进来
But at the moment, the communication in his family,
但是此时此刻 他家人之间的交流
spoken, unspoken -
你说话 她不说话
it's not stuff you even see yourself, so imagine being Joe.
你们自己都还不能认清自己呢 所以想想乔的感受
He doesn't understand the message in the first place,
他从一开始就不明白你们的对话
and doesn't have the tools to respond even if he did.
就算他有所回应 他也不知道该如何回答你们
How much easier life is if every conversation
如果每段对话都是可以死记硬背的流行音乐
turns on rote-learned details of pop music.
生活该有多简单啊
So, if Joe's ever going to communicate,
所以 如果乔想要去交流
we need to learn how to communicate ourselves.
我们先要学习我们自己要如何沟通
Where did you read that?
你从哪儿知道的这些?
I didn't read that anywhere. I just thought it. Really?
我没看到过 我是想出来的 真的吗?
He's the kind of guy that would
他就是那种
buy the books that they have at the checkout at the bookshop.
会买♥♥书店收银台旁边摆的那种书的人
"Buddhism For Shallow People."
比如<<佛教浅读>>
"Things The Dalai Lama Said On One Of His Bad Days."
<<达♥赖♥喇♥嘛♥是如何度过不幸人生的>>
This is exactly what Maggie's talking about.
这就是玛姬说的问题
This, right here, is our problem. We never shut up!
这就是我们的问题 我们根本没有人闭嘴!
Alison's absolutely right. You don't listen to each other.
艾莉森说的很对 你们完全不听别人在说些什么
You leave no space for nuance, or exchange, or doubt.
你们不给区别 交换 质疑等等这些东西留一点空间
Is it just me or are you a tough crowd, Maggie?
只有我吗? 或者说玛姬 你是个难相处的人吗?
Humour's a great defence mechanism, Maurice.
毛里斯 幽默是一个很好的自卫机制
It puts the recipient at an immediate disadvantage.
立马就让对方处于不利境地
I laugh, you've won.
我笑了 你就赢了
I don't laugh and I'm a stereotypical humourless therapist,
我如果没笑 那我是个典型没有幽默感的人
borderline lesbian, so you've won there, too.
勉强还算的上是蕾丝 所以这方面你也可以算是赢了
Where you going?
你要干嘛去?
I, er, can give Joe lifts and I can take him for walks,
我去给乔买♥♥个小礼物或者带他去走走什么的
but I'm, I'm not sure I can do any of this. It's beyond me.
但是我不确定我能做到这些事情 已经超出我的范围了
And I don't want to mess
而且我不想破坏
up anything you and Maggie are cooking up
你和玛姬策划怎么帮助乔的事情
to help Joe, so, excuse me. Thank you. Before you've even tried?
所以 抱歉 谢谢 你连试都不试?
Well, thank you for being so honest.
好吧 谢谢你这么诚实
You, too.
你也是
Hi.
嗨
You're a day early. Yes. I wanted to talk to you.
你来早了一天吧 是的 我想和你谈谈
Well, I'm giving a lesson right now.
可是我现在正上课呢
I just wanted to say, I was hasty when I said what I said.
我只是想说 我当时说那些话太着急了
When I turned you down the other day.
我那天拒绝你的事儿
Perhaps I should reconsider...
也许我应该重新考虑一下...
..If you haven't moved on.
...如果你没还没搬家的话
Are you reconsidering or
你是已经重新考虑了
are you saying you'd like to sleep with me?
还是在表达你想和我啪?
I hate to hurry you but,
我不想催你
like I say, I'm giving a lesson right now.
但是我说过了 我正在上课
I'm saying yes.
我的回答是 是的
Would you like to wait?
你愿意等等吗?
Will you be bringing the ukulele?
你会带上尤克里里吗?
Not unless you want me to.
如果你想让我带 我就带
It's upstairs on the left.
我的卧室在楼上
My bedroom.
左边
Look, there's you on holiday, isn't it? Joe?
看 这是你度假的时候 对吧 乔?
You know it is. Do you remember?
你一定知道 你还记得吗?
Hey? You do!
嘿? 你记得吧!
剧集 | 相对无言(2016) | 导航列表