剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
在谁身上练习
Practice on who?
你最好别和他提这事
You better not say anything to him.
我不是来这儿泄密的
I'm not here to spill secrets.
我是来这儿恢复你朋友的信心的
I'm here to restore your friend's faith.
怎么做
How?
真遗憾 阿克曼和史密斯博士都不能说话了
It's a shame Ackerman or Doc Smith didn't talk.
总要有人满足我们的灵感
Someone to feed our inspiration.
你不同意吗
You disagree?
你说你想带我来这儿散心 不再想我们的计划
You said you wanted to take my mind off our project,
但这不是我们来这儿的真实目的 对吧
but that is exactly why we're here, isn't it?
不 我们来这儿是想提醒你
No, we're here to remind you
在我们成为工作搭档之前就已经是朋友了
that we were friends before we were partners.
我们第一次史密斯的书 我们熬了一通宵
The first time we read Smith, we stayed up all night,
然后我们创造了我们自己的云雀
and created our own Skylark
来带着我们穿越宇宙
to carry us across the universe.
那时我们才17岁
We were 17.
自那之后我就学到了科学和
And I've learned the difference between science
科幻小说的不同
and science fiction since then.
这个座位有人了吗
This seat taken?
我叫玛莉索
I'm Marisol.
我叫杰克
I'm Jack.
你呢
And you?
理查德
Richard.
理查
Eh, Rich.
好的 理查
Okay, Rich.
你们享受听书会吗
Did you boys enjoy the reading?
我是威廉姆森的大粉丝
I'm a huge fan of Williamson's.
他的作品从东方深奥的思想中借鉴了很多内容
His work draws a lot from eastern esoteric thought.
这可是很华丽的词汇了
Wow, those are big words.
这是我的个人兴趣
It's an area of personal interest.
那你呢
What about you?
你们不在克利夫顿的时候 都在做什么呢
What do you boys get up to when you're not at Clifton's?
不管你信不信
Well, believe it or not,
我们是加州理工火箭研究队伍的
we run the rocketry team at Caltech.
太厉害了吧
No kidding.
如果我知道你们在大学里研究宇宙飞船
If I knew you could study spaceships in college,
我可能就要走了
I mighta gone.
它们不是宇宙飞船
They're not spaceships.
它们是根据牛顿第三定律
They're metal containers
可以把自己推进太空里的
that propel themselves into the air
金属容器
based on Newton's third law.
那就没有小绿人了是吗
No little green men, then?
你的眼睛很美
You have pretty eyes.
你应该时不时的看看
You should look up once in a while.
所以呢
So?
给我讲讲那些火箭是怎么工作的
Tell me how these rockets work.
当燃料燃烧的时候
Um... when fuel burns,
燃烧室里的气压会导致
the pressure in the chamber causes
热气体从喷嘴中喷出
the hot gas to exit the nozzle.
真有趣
Fascinating.
它是 其实
Um... it is, actually.
我过分的简化了它
And-And I've over-simplified it.
让这些火箭正常工作
To get one of these to work properly,
是需要解决一系列
an array of engineering challenges
工程挑战的
have to be overcome.
这就是你们做的事吗
That's what you do?
解决它们
Overcome them?
是的 我想是这样的
Yes, I guess I do.
你知道吗 我刚想起来
You know what? I just remembered,
苏珊烤了肉
Susan put a roast on.
我得走了
I've got to go.
你 你要走了吗
You... You're leaving?
是的 我明天在阿罗约和你们见
Yeah. I'll catch you at the Arroyo tomorrow.
杰克·帕森斯
Jack Parsons?
真开心你还没走呢
Oh, I'm glad I caught you.
宝贝 我从不离开
Honey, I never leave.
太久都没见过太阳了
Haven't seen the sun in so long,
他们都要把我放在卢戈希的下一张照片里
they're gonna put me in Lugosi's next picture.
这是你想要打印的屏幕测试
Here's that screen test you wanted printed.
屏幕测试
Screen test?
演员是谁啊
Who's the actor?
之前没见过他呢
Never seen him before.
从来没有见过这样的卷轴呢
Never seen a reel quite like this before either.
这是非常实验性的
It's very experimental.
我 我觉得肯定是搞混了吧
Oh, I-I think there might be some sort of a mix-up.
我来这儿取的影片是我丈夫拍摄的
The footage I'm here for was shot by my husband.
是的 多诺万 我知道
Yeah. Donovan. I know.
他的名字就在那上面
His name's on the can.
那不是试镜
Well, it's not a screen test.
他是在为一个加州理工的朋友
He was shooting some kind of rocket experiments
拍摄一些火箭试验
for a friend up at Caltech.
我没看见什么火箭
I didn't see any rockets.
你要确定下有没有被调换吗
You want to make sure it didn't get switched at the lab?
当然
Sure.
我们喜欢的作者相同
Yeah, we both loved the same authors.
赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯 儒勒·凡尔纳
H.G. Wells, Jules Verne.
我想这就是怎么开始的
That's how it started, I guess.
杰克 把他自己想象成英雄
Jack, of course, imagined himself as the hero,
在太空中挣扎
swashbuckling through space,
但我一直都很喜欢机器
but... I always liked the machines.
那些错综复杂 令人惊艳 美丽的机器
These intricate, amazing, beautiful machines.
我想 要是有一天
And I thought, if I could make
我能造一台那样的东西
something like that one day, well,
那真的很了不起
that really would be something.
这样听来你应该坚持下去
It sounds like you should stick with it.
你真的对这些很感兴趣吗
You're really interested in all of this?
你分辨不出来吗
Can't you tell?
我只是从没见过有哪个女人
I just never met a woman
在我聊这些的时候不觉得烦的
who didn't mind me prattling on about it.
我也从没遇见过像你这样的人
I never met anyone quite like you, neither.
那是我回家的车
That's my ride home.
我们能去喝一杯
We could go grab a drink.
你能说多一些关于你火箭的事
You could tell me more about your rockets.
我的自行车 我没法把它带上红车
My bike-- I can't take it on the Red Car.
见到你很荣幸 理查德 里奇
It was an honor to meet you, Richard-- Rich.
我很肯定某天我能在报纸上看到你
Sure I'll read about you in the paper some day.
玛丽索 玛丽索
Marisol! Marisol!
玛丽索
Marisol!
能告诉我你的号♥码吗
Can I have your number?
格伦维尤7537号♥
Glenview 7537.
希望我没吵到你 神父
I hope I didn't wake you, Father.
即便是那么晚
You're always a welcome sight,
这里也欢迎你到来
even at this late hour.
上一次我看到你那么奇怪
You know, the last time I saw you looking so worried
是你抓到贝蒂·帕克斯偷圣餐葡萄酒的时候
was when you caught Betty Parks stealing the sacramental wine.
希望 这次没那么严重
Hopefully, this isn't quite as serious.
比那糟糕得多
It's far worse than that.
我在我床底下发现了这个
I found this under my bed.
我觉得是杰克放那的
I think Jack put it there.
出于什么目的
To what purpose?
我不知道
I have no idea.
我们的邻居有着奇怪的宗教信仰
Our neighbor is part of some strange... religion,
如果那能叫信仰的话
if you can call it that.
我觉得杰克也陷在里面了
I think Jack may be going, too.
你觉得
You think?
你的意思是他信仰了超出你知识的宗教
You mean he's going without your knowledge?
你有参加过这些仪式吗
Have you ever attended any of these... rituals?
没有
No.
那就很难知道我们面对的是什么
Then it's difficult to know what we're up against.
你面对他的时候 他有说什么吗
What did Jack say when you confronted him?
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表