剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
Guess I'll... get some gasoline from my bike, then.
我早就告诉过你 他是个胆小鬼
I told you he was off his rocker.
他吗 上帝啊 杰克
Him? Jesus, Jack,
- 你差点把他的脸烤成脆皮 - 得了吧
- you nearly burnt his face to a crisp. - Please.
我对这些东西了如指掌
I know these chemicals like the back of my hand.
他们会和我交谈 并且
They speak to me, and this is not the fucking
- 他们不说这种语言 - 我们可以弄清楚的
- language they speak. - We can figure it out this way.
你需要耐心点
You just need to be patient.
以这种速度 在我们第一支火箭离开地面之前
At this rate, my marriage is gonna be over
我的婚姻就会结束
before our first rocket leaves the ground.
你希望我这样吗
You want that on your head?
我不是以同事的身份问你
I'm not asking you as a colleague.
我是以朋友的身份问你
I'm asking you as a friend.
你有方法搞到
Um... do you even have a way
我们说的这种化学物质吗
to get the kind of chemicals that we're talking about?
你要迟到了 教授 走吧 兄弟
You're gonna be late, Professor. Come on, man.
这个家伙
This guy...
是教授
Professor?
你还记得他一直说的那个好工作吗
You remember that fancy new job he's always keep talking about?
记得啊
Oh, that's right.
他一直说他有一天会辞职
He keeps saying he's quitting any day now.
但是却一直出现在这里
Just keeps showing up.
- 你怎么样 - 很好 很好
- How are you doing? - Good, good.
好了
All right.
不行 我还没有
No. I haven't even...
我说不行
I said no.
你知道我说得对 钱
You know I'm right, Chiang.
能量释放并不是呈线性上升状态的
Energy release is not a linear progression.
我们需要开始进行全面的检查
We need to start running full-scale tests.
- 就算用一点化学物质都能搞出事故 - 那比起在黑板上写写画画好几周
- Look what you did with even a small amount of chemicals. - And I learned more from
我从一个错误里学到的知识更多
that one mistake than if I'd spent weeks at that chalkboard.
你可能不在乎 或者不知道
While you might not care, or even be aware,
在太平洋的彼岸正在进行战争
there's a war on the other side of the Pacific.
我父亲 兄弟 他们都在对抗♥日♥本人
My father, my brother-- they all fight the Japanese.
如果我被强制回国 那我也得参战
If I'm forced to go back, I will, too,
那对我的能力来说就是巨大的浪费
which would be a tragic waste of my abilities.
你为什么会被强制回国
Why would you be forced to go back?
我需要学校教授来延期我的签证
I need the faculty to approve an extension of my visa.
如果我被抓住带违禁化学物质进校园
What do you think will happen if I'm caught
你知道会发生什么吗
bringing restricted chemicals onto campus?
谁说你会被抓住了
Who said anything about getting caught?
好了 听着 伙计们 出于对钱的维护
Okay, listen, fellas, out of solidarity with Chiang,
我也要再考虑一下了 好吧
I'm gonna have to sit this one out, too, okay?
你要花一辈子的时间当一个旁观者吗
Are you gonna spend your whole life on the sidelines?
真正的参孙徒手杀死了成百上千人
The real Samson slayed a thousand men
毁坏了一座庙宇
and destroyed a temple with his bare hands.
我现在在给你一个机会
I'm giving you a chance
让你可以不辜负你父亲给予你的名声
to live up to the name your father gave you.
反正我们跟他们商量过了
Well, we ran it past them.
我猜现在就剩你和我了
I guess it's just you and me.
一如既往
As always.
普韦布洛就这么把这个捐赠给我们了吗
Pueblo's really just donating this stuff to us?
是啊
Yeah.
他们让我把它丢掉
They asked me to discard it.
那我们就丢到别处去 好吗
We're just discarding it somewhere else, okay?
走吧
Let's go.
天啊 我们到底要拿多少啊
Jesus, how much are we taking?
就一桶硝酸
Just a barrel of nitric acid
以及一罐四氧化二氮
and a cylinder of dinitrogen tetroxide.
不多
Not much.
你要帮我把它们搬上卡车吗
You gonna help me get them in the truck?
天啊 小心点
Jesus Christ. Careful.
好了 再来一个
All right, one more.
你可以吗
Okay. You got it?
一 二 三
One, two, three--
好了
Okay.
承认吧 你也挺开心的
Admit it, you're having fun.
是是是 大盗窃罪多好玩啊
Sure, what's not to love about grand larceny?
理查德
Richard...
理查德
Richard...
这才是我认识以及我爱的理查德
There's the Richard I know and love.
很高兴知道加州理工还没彻底把他踢出去
Glad to see Caltech hasn't completely stamped him out.
你确定这是个好主意吗
You sure that's a good idea?
有道理
Fair point.
天才化学家来了
Genius chemist over here.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
你看看把谁招来了
Look what the cat dragged in.
我想了想你说的话
I thought about what you said.
你不把燃料问题解决之前
Can't contribute a damn thing
什么也做不了
until you got the fuel figured out,
而我已经不想再当旁观者了
and I'm sick of being on the sidelines.
你终于还是想当英雄啊
Boy's a hero after all.
可惜的是 你已经错过了好玩的部分
Too bad you already missed the fun part.
现在我们只需要人帮忙卸车
Now we just need help unloading.
你就打算拉着限制化学物品
You're just going to drive restricted chemicals
直接开到学校里去吗
right onto campus?
不然呢 你有更好的主意吗
Yeah. You got a better idea?
说实话 还真有
Matter of fact, I do.
所以啊 杰克 加州理工有四处住所
So, Jack, there are four resident houses at Caltech.
我正好住在布莱克附近
I happen to reside at Blacker.
按照推测 他们管那些人叫做痣人
They call them mole people because, supposedly,
因为他们拥有校园地下气
they have the keys to the steam tunnels
管隧♥道♥的钥匙
that run under the campus.
这还用推测吗 这不是肯定的吗
Not supposedly, definitively.
来吧
Shall we?
杰克 这玩意的易燃易爆程度是多少
Jack... how combustible is this stuff?
不点燃的情况下吗
Without fuel?
为零
Not at all.
当然了
Of course...
如果真要爆♥炸♥的话
if it were to rupture...
妈的
Shit.
等等 你说如果这玩意真要爆♥炸♥的话
Uh... what did you say would happen
会怎么样
if that thing ruptured?
会炸的稀里哗啦兵兵乓乓
It'd burn like a son of a bitch.
好吧 那看来只有朝上走才能出去了
Okay, well, the way out is up that way.
最后出去的人是小乌龟
Last one there is a rotten turd.
安全
It's clear.
准备好了吗
Ready?
好了
Yes. Yes.
关门
Shut the door.
我们刚刚太厉害了
That couldn't have gone any better.
冒烟了
Smoke.
好啊
Sure.
还有人想抽一支庆祝之烟吗
Anyone else want a celebratory cigarette?
你个傻子 我说冒烟了
No, idiot, smoke.
我不指望你们这些小孩
I do not expect you boys to recall
能记起1929年的大旱灾
the drought of 1929.
真是一段难熬的时光
It was a terrible time.
每片草地都变成了棕色
Every blade of grass turned brown.
树枝因为灰尘的重要都摇摇欲坠
The branches of the trees sagged under the weight of the dust.
然而我们是幸运的 因为我们一位
Luckily for us, the maintenance of the lawns
富有校友的捐赠 我们的草坪得以保存下来
has since been endowed by an affluent alumnus.
这是我们大学的门面
They are the face of this university.
把这座学院里每栋
The fabric that ties the buildings
制♥造♥科学奇迹的大楼连接起来的门面
of this institution of science together.
你们推着四氧化二氮的大桶
Walk us through the science involved in rolling
滚过这些草坪是为了科学吗
dinitrogen tetroxide across it.
还是仅仅是想搞破坏
Or was it merely an act of vandalism?
确实我们采取了某种
It is true that we have undertaken
不太常规的运输措施
extraordinary measures,
但正是因为学院强加于我们的这些限制
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表