剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
我老板说在找到人替你之前 不能走
My boss asked me to stay until they can find a replacement.
我对于在人家最需要我的时候抛弃他们感到很内疚
I felt bad leaving them in the lurch,
所以我要在工作日上三天班
so I'm gonna work there weekdays.
晚上和周末跟理查德一起工作
Nights and weekends with Richard for a while.
我以为你在加州理工大学工作意味着
I thought your position at Caltech would mean
我能多见见你而不是少见见
I'd get to see more of you, not less.
会见的多的
Yeah, it will,
等到普韦布洛能找个人替我的班
once Pueblo can find someone to fill my shoes.
我跟你说 想找人替代我没那么容易
Granted, they are pretty big shoes to fill.
这周日别有安排
Just make sure you keep this Sunday free.
和我家人吃饭去
We have dinner with my family.
他尤其问了你会不会去
He specifically asked if you'd be there.
所以才不能去啊
All the more reason to skip it.
我想我们得想着点他的好 对吧
I think we need to stay on his good side, don't you?
他让我们在银行那里很好说话
He's keeping us in the bank's good graces.
除非你觉得那没什么大不了的
Unless you think that's no longer going to be an issue?
好吧 我去
All right. I'll go.
我还会带我妈去
I'll even bring my mother.
下次邀请我们的时候 让维吉尔好好想想
Make Virgil think twice about inviting us next time.
你今天出去的时候 记得锁上门
Oh, and when you go out today, lock the doors.
我还以为你处理好他了
I thought you dealt with him.
我处理好了 只是以防万一
I did. Just in case.
今早我的信箱里塞满了这些东西
My mailbox was stuffed full of them this morning.
我是说 我到底做了什么好事
You mean, what I did paid off?
功夫不负有心人
Sure did. This is a promising CV
这是名叫弗莱斯·戈登的人发给你的履历
from a Mr. Gordon, first name Flash.
这个是约翰·卡特
Uh, this one is from John Carter,
大老远从火星寄来的
sent all the way from Mars, apparently.
这个是巴克·罗吉斯发来的
This one's from Buck Rogers.
这封信应该放在那一堆简历的最上面
Oh, that one should go to the top of the heap,
你不这样想吗
don't you think?
你组织来的队伍
This is quite a team
真是非同凡响啊 杰克
that you have managed to assemble here, Jack.
你们在这里做什么
What the hell are you guys doing here?
我们是为了火箭来的
We're here for the rockets.
让我猜猜
Let me guess.
你是青蜂侠 他是加藤
You're the Green Hornet and he's Kato.
什么
What?
不是的
Oh, no.
我戴这个帽子是为了保暖 也是为了吸引女士
This is just to keep the head warm and to attract the dames.
那个加藤
And Kato
如果我没记错 是日语
is Japanese, if I'm not mistaken.
但是常是中国人
Chiang here is Chinese.
没错吧
Is that right?
他不听青蜂侠的话其实是件好事
It's a good thing he doesn't listen to the Green Hornet,
因为没有什么比犯这个错误更让他生气了
'cause nothing pisses him off like people making that mistake.
我叫萨姆森·亨特 擅长流体动力学
Samson Hunt's the name, fluid dynamic's the game.
萨姆森·亨特
"Samson Hunt"?
你认识这些人吗
You know these guys?
我认识他们
Uh, I know of them.
他们没法进入其他的论文研究小组
They've had some trouble getting onto any other thesis teams.
这是因为没有人给常应得的尊重
Well, that's because nobody gave Chiang the respect he deserves,
但是他懂得你在迪尔曼课上说的
but he sparked to what you said in Tillman's lecture
对你们要做的事情
about you guys not having the math
没有运用数学
for what you're trying to do here.
你们刚刚说了什么
What did you guys just say to each other?
只有我们懂的笑话
Inside joke.
好了 别再说笑话了
All right. Joke's over.
告诉他把粉笔放下
Tell him to put down the goddamn chalk.
如果我是你 我不会这样做的
I wouldn't, if I were you.
等一下
Wait.
真是太厉害了
This is incredible.
这是什么
What is?
你看不出来吗
Oh, don't you see it?
我能用一下吗
May I?
你真聪明
You're smart.
对美国人来说是的
For an American.
妈妈 芝麻开门
Mother? Open sesame.
杰克 亲爱的
Jack, my darling.
说点什么 我很想念你的声音
Mm, say something, I've missed the sound of your voice.
你准备好了吗
Are you ready?
进来等一会 我有个惊喜给你
Come in for one moment, I have a surprise for you.
什么惊喜
What kind of surprise?
你现在是加州理工的学生了
You're a Caltech man now.
这是值得纪念的
That must be commemorated.
猜猜哪个手
Guess which hand.
你总是猜右手
You always guess right.
你带的短表链应该配点东西
That fob you wear ought to be attached to something.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你花了多少钱
How much did you pay for it?
这你不用管
None of your business.
我马上就不需要八套餐位餐具
I won't be needing eight place settings anytime soon.
再说了 等我搬回大房♥子的时候
Besides, when we move back to the big house,
我们可以买♥♥一套新的
we can buy a new set.
你惯坏我了
You spoil me.
我们得和时尚接轨
We have to keep up appearances.
特别是你和神秘人在一起的时候
Especially around you-know-who.
我还以为我们早就忘了他呢
I thought we were past that.
我们才不会忘了他呢
We'll never be past that.
对别人嘲讽的最佳反击就是自己富裕起来
The best defense against condescension is prosperity.
这就是为什么人需要时不时的炫耀自己的财富
Which is why one always shows up bearing gifts.
你知道的 维吉尔讨厌你给他花
You know, Virgil hates it when you bring flowers.
他过敏
He's allergic.
真的吗
Is he?
上帝啊 在一屋子人面前讨论吗
My gosh! In front of the whole department?
- 是啊 - 你没告诉我你会这样做
- Yeah - You didn't tell me this.
我一定是不小心忘了
Must've slipped my mind.
毕竟有很多激动人心的事情在发生
There's been a lot of exciting things happening.
很难和你一一汇报
It's hard to keep track.
又有两个天才加入了我们
We just had two geniuses join our team.
有一个是从中国来的
One of them comes all the way from China.
- 多有异域风情啊 - 帕蒂 手肘拿下去
- How exotic. - Patty. Elbows.
跟我们讲讲你的演讲
Tell us more about this talk you gave.
听起来很有趣
It sounds fascinating.
所有的加利福尼亚理工学院格琴海因航♥空♥实验室都在那
Well, all of GALCIT was there.
大家都急切的想知道我的们工作
Everybody was very keen to hear about our work.
抱歉 是不是
Sorry, a-am I correct in understanding
加州理工大在资助你
that the-the university is funding you
设计能登上月球的火箭呢
to design a rocket intended to reach the moon?
这是终极目标 是的
That's the ultimate objective, yes.
没错
Neat-o.
这让我想起了我读过的一篇文章
That reminds me of an article I read,
几年前有关一个叫戈达德的人
some years ago, about a man named, uh, Goddard.
罗伯特·戈达德? 他是这个领域的先驱
Robert Goddard? He was an early pioneer of the field.
是的 就是他
Yes, that's the one.
他做了什么
What did he do?
戈达德是第一个成功
Goddard was the first to successfully fire
发射以液体作为燃料的火箭的
a liquid fueled rocket.
我还以为你是第一个
I thought you were the first?
不 我想他在十年前
No, I-I believe this man, uh,
击败了杰克
Goddard beat Jack by about ten years.
事实上 他们的愿望是一样的
Shared many of the same aspirations, in fact.
- 是的 - 如果我记错了请原谅我
- That's right. - Now, forgive me if-if I'm misremembering,
纽♥约♥时♥报♥说
th-this was The New York Times, mind you--
我不像杰克
and-and I know I'm no scientist
是个科学家
like our man Jack, here--
但是那篇文章提到
but this article made it seem like
这些愿望是不可能实现的
those aspirations were preposterous.
在外太空火箭是无法运转的
That a rocket stood no chance of working in outer space.
和缺少空气推动力有关系
Something to do with the lack of air to push against.
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表