剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
Uh, I guess I got my dad to blame.
他在油田里工作
He's in oil,
所以每个暑假他都让我去操纵钻机
so he had me working on the rigs every summer,
因为他觉得这样能培养出我的男子汉气概
thought it'd make a man out of me.
我很不喜欢
I hated it.
但是计算静水压力什么的
Calculating hydrostatic pressure?
简直把我从繁重的工作中解脱了出来
That got me out of doing the real grunt work.
这可真是棒极了
That's excellent.
教室里的正经学习永远都比不上真实生活里的实践
No amount of formal education can trump real-life experience.
你们大概会想要离开这里
You guys might want to clear out of here.
并且记住屏住呼吸 这玩意儿有剧毒
And try not to breathe, this stuff's highly toxic.
你得停止这些实验 杰克
These tests have to stop, Jack.
你是对的
You're right.
等等 你说啥
Wait, what did you say?
实验对我们来说没有帮助
They're not getting us anywhere.
可燃反应的性质
The nature of combustible reactions changes
随着体积在变化
based on volume.
- 我们是在说同一个事儿吗 - 是的
- Are we saying the same thing? - Yeah.
我们需要进行全面的化学测试
We need to start running full-scale chemical tests.
我勒个擦 杰克 这完全不是我的意思
Goddamn it, Jack. That's not what I'm saying at all.
玛希拉姆说了的 我们在做任何危险的事之前
Mesulam said that we had to present a written proposal
需要先提交提议书
before we did anything dangerous.
别这样 参孙
Come on, Samson.
你们都明白实验对于证明事物价值的意义
You know the value of seeing things in action.
支持我一下嘛
Back me up.
伙计们
Guys.
如果我被束缚住了手脚 那我怎么扩展新领域呢
How can I map new territory if I'm not allowed to explore?
我们的进展不够快
We aren't moving fast enough!
嘿
Hey!
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
音乐怎么样
The music.
我当时在商店里为今晚寻找可以播放的音乐
I was in the store looking for something to play tonight.
这群奇怪的人
This here's an odd bunch.
永远都不知道他们喜欢什么
Never know what they're gonna like.
你知道吗 你猜我看见谁了
And what do you know? Who do I see?
那只是一个巧合吗
That was just a coincidence?
我老师和我说世界上没有巧合
My teacher says there are no coincidences.
在你离开之后 我溜到了卡座里
After you left, I slipped into the booth,
一直在听那破玩意
ended up listening to the whole damn thing.
从来没听过那样的音乐
Never heard anything like it.
是啊 那是从法国来的珍稀冲压件
Yeah, it's a rare pressing from France.
那我是找到的唯一的副本了
The only copy I've found.
好吧 如果你这么喜欢它 那你为什么不自己买♥♥呢
Well, if you like it so much, why didn't you buy it yourself?
欧内斯特 来啊
Ernest, come on.
到你啦
It's your turn.
好的 我该回去了
Yeah. I got to get back.
你应该跟我们一起玩
You should join.
我们有很多食物和酒
We have plenty of food, plenty of wine.
我不能
I can't.
杰克不在家 你回去干什么呢
Jack's not home. What do you got to go back for?
你知道吗 这不关我事
You know what? It's none of my business.
我确信你还有很多事情要做
I'm sure you have plenty to be getting along with.
- 再次谢谢你 - 谢什么
- Thank you again. - For what?
谢谢你给我看我自己永远也找不到的东西
For showing me something I never would have found on my own.
我们的派对开始变成小舞会了
This became a proper little dance party, huh?
都聚过来
All around, I'd say.
晚上一直都这样吗
Is it always like that?
这么吵的派对只是最基本的
Loud parties are the least of it.
你想让我告诉他们小点声吗
Do you want me to go and tell him to turn it down?
不用 没事
No, it's okay.
能见到你真好 理查德
It's good to see you, Richard.
我都想不起来上一次见面是什么时候了
I can hardly remember the last time.
相信我 新鲜感会褪去的
Believe me, the novelty'll wear off.
- 友善点 - 我一直都很友善
- Be nice. - I'm always nice.
- 他才是那个一直给我找麻烦的人呢 - 他只是
- He's the one giving me a hard time. - He's just upset
因为自己需要时不时的守规矩而感到不满
because he has to follow the rules occasionally.
好吧 我希望他谢过你了
Well, I hope he's thanked you.
谢什么
For what?
谢你帮他得到这个职位
The position.
在加州理工的职位
At Caltech.
她在说 等我们的资金到账时
She's talking about the research associate position
我会得到的那个副研究员职位
I'm getting once our funding comes through.
是的 当然
Right, of course.
我记得
I remember
上一次理查德来吃晚饭的时候
the last time Richard came over for dinner.
我们想撮合他和你办公室里的秘书
We tried to set him up with that secretary from your office.
上帝啊
Oh, my God.
那个女人是我见过最差劲的桥牌玩家
That woman was the worst bridge player I have ever seen.
重点不是关于赢牌
It wasn't about winning at bridge.
而是赢得女人的芳心
It was about getting her in the sack.
- 杰克 - 怎么了
- Jack! - What?
我相信理查德只是在等心上人而已
I'm sure Richard is just saving himself for the right girl.
刚才说的是什么
What the hell was that about?
- 谢谢你帮我打圆场 - 你告诉她
- Thanks for backing me up. - Did you tell her
你得到了一份工作邀请吗
that you got an offer for a job?
我们都有研究经费 理查德
You all have stipends, Richard.
在我们的资金被批准后 我想着
After the funding's approved, I assumed we'd address
我们会提议把我算作全职队员
bringing me onto the team full time.
或者你觉得
Or did you think I wanted to work
我想一辈子都在化工厂工作吗
in a chemical plant for the rest of my life?
所以你就对她说谎吗
So you just lied to her?
我没说谎 这件事终会成真的
It's not a lie if it's gonna come true eventually.
难怪你这么着急的想完成提案
No wonder you were in such a hurry to finish the proposal.
我是着急推进我们的工作
I'm in a hurry to push the work forward.
书面申请更像是对我们工作的阻碍
Proposal's more of an impediment.
那我很高兴我今晚来这还有另一个目的
Then I am glad I had an ulterior motive in coming here tonight.
什么目的
What is that?
我想或许我们可以
I thought maybe we could work together
一起研究一下燃料部分
on the fuel section on paper.
你说真的吗
Are you serious?
如果你真的想获得自助
I am, if you're serious about getting funded.
嘿
Hey, um...
你要是想找我们 我们就在车♥库♥
If you're looking for us, we're gonna be in the garage.
用头撞大墙
Banging our heads against the wall.
好的
Okay.
一旦我们确定了反应的内部动能
Once we determine the internal energy of the reaction,
我们就可以计算理论温度值
we can calculate the theoretical temperature
和室内压强
and the chamber pressure.
光听你说就够累的了
It's exhausting just to hear you say it.
当然了 燃料流出速度
Of course, the exit velocity
和质量单位是推动火箭的重要变化值
and mass flow rate are important variables for thrust.
所以你就在这里造火箭吗
So this is where you build the rockets!
你在外面干什么呢
What the hell are you all doing out there?
点篝火 我刚刚砍下了我前院的一棵树
Building a bonfire. I just cut down a tree
但是无法点着那个破木头
in my front yard, cannot get the damn wood to light.
我猜你这里有什么可以帮到我的东西 这位老兄是谁
Figured you'd have something to help me. Who's your buddy?
理查德
Richard.
很高兴见到你
Pleased to meet you.
所以 这里哪个东西会帮我点火
So, which one of these here's gonna get my fire to start?
放下 很危险
Put that down. It's dangerous.
- 这就是我要找的东西 - 我们现在在忙呢
- Exactly what I'm looking for. - Um, we're kind of in the middle of something.
硝酸铵
Ammonium nitrate?
唷
Whew!
这是氧化剂
It's an oxidizer.
当你把燃料和氧化剂结合在一起时
And when you combine a fuel and an oxidizer,
你需要的就是一把火
all you need is a light.
看见没 很危险
See? Dangerous.
- 我能借用一下吗 - 不行
- Can I borrow that? - No!
这类东西只能在
This stuff should only be handled by someone
专业人员之手
who knows what he's doing.
我猜 那我就从我的自行车上找点汽油吧
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表