剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
How many Nobel Laureates you think are here?
我最少看到了两个 还有一个看起来像是
I count at least two. One that seems to be
你在这儿呢
There you are.
你让我们担心半天
You had us worried.
今晚你得好好表现
Be on your best behavior tonight.
不要提你之前的罪过
No mention of your past transgressions.
梅苏拉姆教授没和你说嘛
Professor Mesulam hasn't told you?
他在哪儿呢 吉尔福德
Where is he, Gilford?
在这儿 教授们 谢谢你们
Here, Professors, thank you.
我会解释的 但是首先 喝酒
I will explain. But first, drinks.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
那边那位就是受人尊敬的布莱特纳先生
Over there is the esteemed Herr Breitner.
你们不要所有人都同时去看
Don't all look at once.
和很多同事一样 他从德国移♥民♥而来 认为纳粹政♥权♥非常不好
Like many colleagues. He has emigrated from Germany, finding Nazi regime unaccommodating.
车辆燃料炼油厂的约瑟夫·布莱特纳
Yes. Breitner of the VfR?
那个人和沃纳·冯·布劳恩共事过
That man worked directly with Wernher von Braun.
所以美国现在的每一个大学都在努力聘请到他
Which is why every university in America now vice for his services
看起来不仅仅是大学
Seems like it's not just the universities
对他感兴趣
that are interested.
我在那个少将的军服上数到了至少两颗星
I count at least two stars on that major general's uniform.
因为这个领域的持续增长的关注度
Due to growing interest in field,
还有很可能的新的赞助资金
and possibly new sources of funding,
管理层觉得非常有必要
administration felt it necessary
介绍一下我们自己的非常有价值的火箭研发团队
to introduce our own highly valued rocketry team
恕我直言 先生 我们在破房♥子里工作而且没有钱
With respect, sir, we work in a closet and don't have two nickels
你没明白吗 我们是被拉出来
Don't you get it? We're show ponies
展示的小马驹 就是为了
being trotted out to make this place look
让这个地方看起来比它本身更加前沿
more cutting edge than it really is.
- 这让你不满了吗 - 完全不
- Does it upset you? - Not in the least?
既然我们这么有价值
And since we're so highly valued,
或许我们可以谈谈让我们的提案被批准
maybe we can discuss getting our proposal approved?
你对政♥治♥有很敏锐的把握 帕森斯先生
You have keen grasp for politics, Mr. Parsons.
或许你在市政厅的那段时间里
Perhaps you have learned something
是学到了些有用的东西的
from time at City Hall.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
我们应该往餐厅走了吧 我不想错过演讲的开头
Maybe we should start making our way to the dinning. I'd hate to miss the beginning of the talk.
不好意思 先生 我可以看看你的凭证吗
Pardon me, sir. Can I see your credentials?
- 我在门口出示了我的邀请函了 - 你在加州理工的证件 先生
- I showed my invitation at the door. - Your Caltech credentials, sir.
这位先生是我的客人
This man is my guest.
这就是他需要的证件了
Those are the only credentials he needs.
我很抱歉 教授 但有人投诉了他
I'm very sorry, Professor, but we've received a complaint.
等我下
Wait here.
先生们
Gentlemen...
你们先走吧
You guys go ahead.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
他在媒体面前吹嘘自己是加州理工的使者
He was touting himself as an emissary of Caltech in the press
但他根本不是
and he's nothing of the sort.
如果我们希望给别人留下
If we hope to impress upon our guests
我们对这个领域的研究是非常严肃认真的印象
that we are serious about the field,
我们就不能让外人给他们留下反面印象
we cannot have a interloper and giving them the opposite impression.
我不是在质疑你 教授
I'm not questioning you, Provost.
教授
Professor?
杰克 稍等一分钟
Jack, please, a moment.
在这里大闹一场是不会有帮助的
It won't help to make scene.
我不会的
I wasn't going to.
尤其是我们的提案还在审核时
Not with the proposal under consideration.
我可能在这个聚会上不受欢迎
I may not be welcome at the party,
但这不意味着我不能按着规定来
but that doesn't mean I can't toe the party line.
杰克 等下
Jack? Wait.
走吧 里奇
Come on, Richie.
那里面也没那么宏伟啊
It wasn't so grand in there, anyway.
我们还可以赶上听宇宙大战呢
We can still catch War of the Worlds.
你要走了吗
You're leaving?
是啊
Yeah.
我觉得最好还是不要再制♥造♥风波了
Thought it'd be best not to make any waves.
是啊
Yeah.
这应该是最好的了 我是说 为了项目
It's probably best, for the project, I mean.
所以我才觉得我们俩得有一个人留下来
Which is why I think that one of us should stay
布莱特纳关于蓄热冷却的研究
Breitner's work with regenerative cooling
可以为我们节省数月的时间
could save us months.
是啊 当然
Yeah. Sure.
为了项目 留下吧
Stay for the project.
正如你所说的
And like you said,
今晚有两个大型活动
there are two huge events tonight.
你可以听完威尔斯的广播
You can finish the end of the Welles broadcast,
然后我可以给你讲关于布莱特纳的事
and I can tell you all about Breitner.
分而治之
Divide and conquer.
没错
Yep.
分而治之
Divide and conquer.
晚餐快好了 先生
Dinner is about to be served, sir.
督促群众移向空地
Urge population to move into open spaces.
23, 24.
避免拥堵区域
Avoid congested areas.
烟雾现在正在散播
Smoke now spreading
2X2L呼叫指挥部
2X2L, calling CQ.
2X2L呼叫指挥部
2X2L, calling CQ.
2X2L号♥呼叫8X3R号♥ 请回复
2X2L, calling 8X3R. Come in, please.
这里是8X3R回复2X2L
coming back at 2X2L.
2X2L号♥ 我们听到了
2X2L, we read you.
火星三角架
The Martian tripods
正在遭受攻击
is under attack.
那是个飞碟
It's a flying saucer.
给 先生
Here you go, mister.
那些笨蛋以为广播里的东西是真的
Poor sap thought that broadcast was real.
自己都把自己喝蒙了 以为世界要完了
the world was ending.
- 可惜那一切只是幻觉 - 你哪位啊
Who you supposed to be, anyhow?
这身戏服
The costume.
戏服
Costume?
放这儿咋样
How does that look?
过来自己看
Come over here. Take a look for yourself.
- 这跟我们上一个家的家具也没差啊 - 也许吧
I suppose.
你想换个样子吗
Would you prefer something different?
不 这样还好
No, this is fine.
还好
Just fine?
棒极了
It's great.
好吧
All right.
- 我们能聊聊这些照片吗 - 照片咋了
But can we talk about the pictures?
有一张不属于这里
One of these doesn't belong.
多诺万家
Donovan's.
你谁 整我呢
Who is this?
我要挂了哈
I'm gonna hang up now.
厄内斯特 等会儿 是我
Ernest, wait. It's me.
抱歉 不行啊
Sorry. Can't.
玛姬和我今晚要收拾房♥子
the house tonight.
看起来男人为了自己的老婆
breaks all boundaries
可以无下限啊
by his wife, huh?
你在哪
Where are you?
原地别动
Stay put.
你要出去
You're going out?
邻居
The neighbor.
那个科学家
The scientist?
是啊 他听起来很烦心
Yeah, he sounded upset about something.
要不我告诉他不去啦
Should I have told him no?
没必得到我的同意
You don't need
跟我说实话就行
You just have to tell me the truth.
我说的就是实话
And that is the truth.
等我回来了 我们把卧室布置好
And when I get back, you and I shall set up the bedroom.
我收到了邀请 穿上了燕尾服
I had an invitation. I had the tux.
也看了我要讲的部分
I looked the part.
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表