剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
but it is the limitations imposed on us
才使我们不得不这么做
by this institution that made those measures necessary.
他在说什么限制
What limitations is he referring to?
根据他们的行为
Based on their behavior,
我感觉这些限制远远不够啊
seems to me there haven't been enough.
是玛希拉姆教授把我们的研究带进校园的
Professor Mesulam is the one who brought our project onto campus.
你是在质疑他对我们的能力
Are you questioning his judgment in thinking
判断失误了吗
our work had merit?
帕森斯显示 你是作为学校的客人的
Mr. Parsons, you are a guest on this campus,
也就是说你在这里的存在比你的同僚们
which means your presence here is far more tenuous
更加微不足道
than your peers'.
作为这个团体里所谓的化学家
As the so-called "chemist" of the group,
先不提算不算得上
not to mention its mouthpiece,
我猜整件事情是你的主意吧
I assume this whole thing was your idea.
是我的主意 先生
It was my idea, sir.
是吗 昂斯德先生
Uh-- Really, Mr. Onsted?
是你决定把外界化学物质从
You decided to bring in outside chemicals
帕森斯先生工作的地方带进学校的吗
from Mr. Parsons' place of employment?
是的先生 我们是不得已而为之
Yes, sir. It was our only choice.
我们只有通过大量的数据实验
Running full-volume tests was the only way
才能得到递交提议书的数据
to get the data that we needed for the proposal.
是的
It's true.
如果没有化学物质的支撑
My work on the project
我的工作就没有办法继续进行
was at a standstill without it.
那你呢 归先生
And you, Mr. Gui?
你愿意牺牲自己在
You were willing to sacrifice
学校的名声和地位
your standing in this university
去同意参与这种闹剧吗
by agreeing to take part in these shenanigans?
我没有参与
I did not take part.
但我能理解个中的必要性
But I understood the necessity of it.
尽管如此 帕森斯先生
Be that as it may, Mr. Parsons,
你对你同事们造成的影响
your influence on your colleagues
已经引起我们的注意了
has not gone unnoticed.
我不知道有什么好大惊小怪的
I don't see what the big fuss is about,
不就是草坪吗
it's just grass.
你没听他们说吗
Didn't you hear them?
草坪都比我们值钱
The lawn has better funding than we do.
我估计我们是进不去雅典娜图书馆了
I guess they'll never let us in the Athenaeum now.
你现在还在担心这个吗
Is that really what you're worried about?
谢谢你 刚才挺我
Thank you, for what you did back there.
还有你 你本可以不用帮我的
And you-- you could've hung me out to dry.
对 但你是
Yes, but you're
团队无价的一员
an invaluable member to the team.
我们团队里需要至少有一个人
We need at least one person who's not scared
不害怕被炸死
of blowing themselves up.
委员会决定 不终止
The committee has decided not to terminate
你们的研究
the project.
在我的建议之下 他们决定给你们留校察看
On my request, they are giving you probation instead.
帕森斯先生确实让我很为难
Mr. Parsons put me in a difficult position.
我不得不承认
Admit I was idiot
不该让你们进学校
to bring you onto campus,
我还得说出原因
or justify decision by giving you
再给你们些时间去证明自己
more time to prove yourself.
现在一切都依附于你们的提议书了
Now, everything depends on written proposal.
如果不能大放异彩
If it fails to impress,
你们三个会被分配到
you three will be reassigned
别的项目区
to other projects.
那我呢
What about me?
我不知道 帕森斯先生
I don't know, Mr. Parsons.
就跟她说实话吧
Just tell her the truth.
她会理解的
She'll understand.
你要走了吗
Oh, you're leaving?
是的 已经过5点了
Yes, it's after 5:00.
还有很多要打的电♥话♥没打呢
There's still some outgoing calls.
必须要今晚打完吗
Do they need to be dealt with tonight?
也不是必须 但我想我说的很清楚
Well, they don't need to, but I believe I made myself clear.
对于借贷条款
About the terms of the loan?
吉尔罗伊先生打电♥话♥通知我说
Mr. Gilroy called to inform me
我的支票已经被提现了
that my check had been deposited.
你的支票
Your check.
如我所说 直到本金还清前
As I said, you will need to start working overtime
你得加班加点
until the principal's paid off.
我为你感到自豪 苏珊
I'm proud of you, Susan.
我知道杰克很顽固
I'm sure Jack was
但理智会让他理解的
resistant, but good sense prevailed.
我知道现在快到晚餐时间了
Now, I know it is close to dinner,
但现在打电♥话♥
but by making the calls now,
有很大的概率 客户会在家里
you have a better chance of catching our clients at home.
我想知道你什么时候回来
I was wondering when you'd be getting back.
我知道你保留了一些
I knew you'd kept some of them,
但没想到你把这些信都保留下来了
but I didn't know you'd held onto all these letters.
为什么 杰克
Why, Jack?
那支票
The check.
你说你不需要的
You said we wouldn't need it.
我们在加州理工遇到了一点小挫折
We suffered a minor setback at Caltech.
事情花的时间会比预期的长一些
Things are going to take a little longer than expected.
我知道你很担心
I know you've been worried.
担心
Worried?
关于房♥子的抵押
Yeah, about the mortgage.
你觉得我担心的是这个吗
Is that what you think I've been worried about?
我要把这些放回去
I'm going to put these back.
我以为这是你想要的
I thought this is what you wanted.
放手
Let go.
你怎么能都不告诉我一声就去兑现支票了
How could you deposit it without even talking to me?
我以为没必要说的
I thought there was nothing to talk about.
没必要说
Nothing to talk about?
我以为你希望我去兑现啊
I thought you'd be relieved.
苏珊
Susan.
我希望你能让我把这些该死的东西撕掉
I was hoping you'd tell me to rip the damn thing up.
要是你真的能在
If you really have a position
加州理工就职
lined up at Caltech, like...
会的 会的 就是要花点时间
I will, I will. I just need more time.
你会 还是你觉得
You will, or you do?
我唯一能忍♥受在那男人手下工作的理由
The only way I can stomach working for that man
就是知道有一天不需要再这样
is knowing that someday I won't have to.
你会让我远离这些
That you'll... that you'll take me away
就如你对我承诺的那样
from all this like you promised.
我们从他身上得到的每一分钱只会让我陷得更深
Every penny we take from him only sinks me in deeper.
但这房♥子
But the house.
我担心的不是房♥子
It's not the house I'm worried about.
而是你的梦想 我们的梦想
It's whether this dream of yours-- of-of ours--
会不会真的成真
is really going to come true.
怎么回事
What's all this?
没事
Nothing.
你有收到我给你的礼物了吗
Did you get the gift I left you?
收到了
Uh... yes.
谢谢 你没必要这么做
Thank you, you didn't have to do that.
我乐意这样
No, I wanted to.
你想的都是坏事
You want something bad enough,
那这世界就会想办法给你坏的事情
the world finds a way to give it to you.
欧内斯特 能让我们单独聊一会吗
Ernest, can you just give us a minute?
我的人今晚有个聚会
My group is having a gathering this evening,
我觉得你们俩应该来参加
and I think maybe you two should come.
那到底是什么
What is it, exactly?
自己来看啊
Come see for yourself.
你更怕什么
What are you more scared of?
尝试新的东西 或是
Trying something new, or that this
所有既定存在的东西
is all there is?
来不来随你们便
Look, come or don't come, that's it.
我不会再叫你们了
I'm not gonna ask you again.
我在罗和图之间造了扇小门
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表