剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
Guess you finally decided to show up.
我妻子邀请你来吃晚餐的 记得吗
My wife invited you over for dinner, remember?
喂
Hey.
我跟你说话呢
I'm talking to you.
我没心情去
Eh, I didn't feel like it.
什么叫没心情
You didn't feel like it?
我在找寻我的宿命
I'm trying to find my true path.
我怎么能有心情跟你们聊
How can I do that talking about
烧烤啊 除草机这些事
barbecues and lawnmowers?
看来不能
I guess you can't.
我就是这个意思 你怎么想的就直说
See, that's what I mean... say what you're really thinking.
我怎么想的
What I'm really thinking?
我觉得你是个酒鬼
I think you're drunk.
就算你不是 也不是什么体面人
And even if you weren't, you got a screw loose.
也许吧
Yeah, maybe.
你上去过吗
You ever been up there?
没有
Nope.
真的吗 你们住在这里多久了
Really? How long have y'all lived here?
四年了
Four years.
那就来吧
Well, come on.
你现在上去吗
You going up there now?
怎么 过了你就寝时间了吗
What's the matter, past your bedtime?
你是做什么的 杰克
So, what is it that you do, Jack?
我在化学混合工厂工作
I work at a chemical mixing plant.
这大概是我听过最糟糕的答案了
That is about as awful an answer as I've ever heard.
我不止做这个
It's not all I do.
我同时还在做一个研究项目
I'm also working on a research project on the side.
什么样研究项目
What kind of research project?
关于火箭的
On rockets.
- 像巴克罗杰斯那样吗 - 对
- Like Buck Rogers? - Uh-huh.
巴克罗杰斯(Buck Rogers):太空科幻漫画和电视剧主角
我还没见过有人真做这个
I didn't know anybody did that for real.
没什么人研究这个
Not many people do.
看呐
Look at that.
走出后院
Step outside your yard,
收获惊喜
never know what you'll find.
上面风景更好
View's a lot better from up here.
我呆在这儿就挺好的
I think I'm fine where I am.
跟我讲讲火箭吧
So, tell me about these rockets.
你想知道什么
What do you want to know?
它们是怎么运作的
Tell me how they work.
你知道牛顿第三定律吗
You familiar with Newton's third law of motion?
你在一个容器里烧一种燃料
Well, you burn some kind of fuel in a chamber,
燃烧产生的气体
and the gases produced by the combustion
从唯一的出口喷射而出
shoot out the only exit available.
把火箭朝反方向推进
So the gases go one way, and the rocket goes the other.
所以一部分需要充分燃烧
So there's a part that's trying to burst free
另一部分控制火势
and another part that needs to keep it in control.
差不多吧
More or less.
喏
Here.
我想我该回去了
Think I should be headed back.
我的老师时常告诉我
You know, my teacher always told me
世界上有两种人
there's only two kinds of people in this world.
一种人遵守规则
The ones who want to follow the rules,
另一种人打破规则
and the ones who want to break them.
是吗
Oh, yeah?
什么老师教你这个
What kind of teacher is that?
唯一一个教过我有用东西的老师
Only teacher ever taught me anything worth learning.
你可以尽情的出入
Now, you take all these houses here,
这些为了防止我们进入
with their walls
而建起高墙的房♥子
designed to keep us out.
我们为什么要遵纪守法
Now, why should we obey that?
因为这是法律规定
Because the law says we have to.
谁的法律规定的
Whose law?
你在做什么
What are you doing?
没有法律
There is no law
可以凌驾于我的意志之上
beyond, "Do what thou wilt."
欧内斯特
Ernest?
欧内斯特
Ernest?
欧内斯特
Ernest.
妈的
Shit.
欧内斯特 别闹了
Ernest, stop messing around.
你想把自己淹死吗
Are you trying to get yourself drowned?
好吧
Okay.
去他妈的
God damn it.
你觉得这很搞笑吗
You think that's funny?
我猜要么你回来救我 要么不会来
I figured you'd either come get me or you wouldn't.
然后呢
And what then?
你真♥他♥妈♥的疯了
You're fucking crazy.
你不得不承认
You got to admit
淹一下真的让你的血液沸腾了 不是吗
it really gets the blood flowing, doesn't it?
你还得在试点更好的招术
You are gonna have to try better than that.
这就是你想要的吗
Is that what you wanted?
这就是你想要的
That's what you wanted.
操
Fuck.
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Son of a bitch.
就这样吧
That's it.
不管我们把燃料包装的多紧
No matter how hard we pack the fuel,
包装里面还是会有空气的
there's gonna be pockets of air.
包装里有空气会怎么样
And what do pockets of air lead to?
会导致燃料不均匀然绕
Uneven combustion.
你想知道我们为什么会得出这样的结果吗
You wondered why we're getting such piss-poor results?
我有解决方法
I have the solution.
是我被淹没在泳池里的时候想到的
It occurred to me while drowning in a pool.
酒精
Methanol?
不是的 液体燃料太不稳定
No, liquid fuel is too volatile.
我就知道你会这样说
I knew you'd say that.
但是用液体燃料 包装里就不会有空气
But with liquid fuel, there's no air pockets.
那你从哪里搞到甲醇呢
Where would we even get it?
他们在加州科技大学搞到了成桶的甲醇 不是吗
They got tanks of methanol at Caltech, don't they?
用石头剪刀布决定吧
Roshambo to decide.
晚上好 女士们
Evening, ladies.
我的好兄弟理查德和我
My good pal Richard and I
有点小分歧
are having a slight difference of opinion.
或许你可以帮我们解决一下
Maybe you can help us settle it.
- 杰克 别闹了 - 我们需要
- Jack, stop. - We need someone
别人来打破平局 不是吗
to break the tie, don't we?
避免我们说的过度科技化
Without getting overly technical,
简单来说就是我想冒一个可控风险
I want to take a calculated risk,
但是理查德却想谨慎行事
but Richard would rather play it safe.
现在你觉得那条路更好呢
Now, what do you think is the better way to go?
在冒险和谨慎行事之间作抉择
Between taking a risk and playing it safe?
看起来没得选
Not much of a choice.
是的 你只能活一次
Yeah, you only live once.
- 箴言 - 是的 理查德
- Wise words. - Yeah, Richard.
你为什么不冒险呢
Take a risk, why don't you?
我又没有提到
Did I mention that Richard here
理查德是加州理工的好学生
is a brilliant student at Caltech
他是非常有资历的 不像你们
and is extremely eligible, unlike yours truly?
但是如果你们好好表现
Play your cards right, and...
或许他会带你们其中一个人去吃牛排
maybe he'll ask one of you out to a steak dinner.
加州理工
Caltech, huh?
我们没有机会经常遇见聪明男人
We don't get to meet a lot of smart guys.
我不惊讶
I'm not surprised.
- 他想说的是 - 没关系的
- What he means to say is that... - It's okay.
我知道他什么意思
I know what he means.
或许下辈子吧
Maybe in another life.
嘿 别紧张
Hey, don't sweat it.
这些女孩根本配不上你
Those girls are nowhere near good enough for you, anyway.
我们能不能专注于我们的任务
Can we please just get back to the task at hand?
当然
Gladly.
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表