剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
那猛兽从这边跑了
你确定要继续追吗
不来到鬼门关这边
另一边 你就一眼都看不到
《惊奇治愈》
帕萨迪纳使你富有
橘子使你健康
光之盔甲
研究生航♥空♥实验室
不来到鬼门关这边
另一边 你就一眼都看不到
帕森斯
Parsons.
你得自己找时间弄完了 休息结束了
You'll have to finish on your own time. Break's over.
根据钟表显示 我还有十秒钟
I got ten more seconds, according to that clock.
帕森斯
Parsons.
我们要去默纳克吃口饭
The guys and me are hopping over to Del Monaco's to grab one...
我今天有不同的约会地点
Got a different sort of rendezvous planned this evening.
是吗 她叫什么
Oh, yeah? What's her name?
命运
Destiny.
我没迟到吧 有吗
I'm not late, am I?
没比平时晚
No more than usual.
今晚很美啊 不是吗
Beautiful night, isn't it?
而且冻死人
And freezing.
等等
Wait.
你确实有按我的指示
You did follow my specifications
进行组装吧
for the packing density, right?
- 差不多吧 - 如果出了任何差错
- More or less. - Well, an error
那就是生死一线间啊
could be the difference between us living and dying.
我们都在未知的土地上了 里奇
We're in uncharted territory, Rich.
还谈什么小心
The time for caution has long passed.
循此苦旅
Ad astra...
以达天际
Per aspera.
草
Fuck!
13.18米
43.27 feet.
这不对啊
That can't be right.
你愿意的话可以检查一下我的数值
Well, you're welcome to check my math if you want.
这比上次还糟糕
That's even worse than last time.
现在为您播放小提琴协奏曲 第二乐章
And now the violin concerto, movement number two.
嘿
Hey.
没有吵醒你吧
Hope I didn't wake you.
你知道我一个人睡不着的
You know I have trouble sleeping with one side of the bed empty.
怎么样了
How'd it go?
每次我觉得我们取得进展的时候
Every time I think we're making headway,
我们反而都后退了
we take a step back.
我觉得不跟你说具体细节了
I don't want to bore you with the details,
但我们之前达到过差不过300米
but we made it about a thousand feet, before...
那很高了啊
That seems pretty high.
还不够高
It's not high enough.
以我们手头上有限的资源
We've reached the limit of what we can do
我们已经达到极限了
with the resources at our disposal.
说到这里 我需要借点钱
Speaking of, I need to borrow a few bucks.
设备的开销比我想象的要多
Supplies cost a little more than I expected.
杰克 我们已经欠两个月贷款了
Jack, we're two months behind.
银行又打电♥话♥来了
The bank called again...
你再拖延他们一下
You just got to hold them off a little longer.
抱歉
Sorry.
看起来好像有人搬进了老威利的地方
Looks like someone's moving in to the old Weller place.
我们得过去介绍自己
We'll have to go introduce ourselves.
谁会在大半夜搬家啊
Who moves in the middle of the night?
抱歉 问一下
Excuse me. Hey.
我有点转向了
I'm just a little turned around.
加州理工学院在哪
Where's GALCIT again?
- 就在那边 - 谢了
- Right over there. - Thanks.
杰克
Jack.
杰克
Jack?
你♥他♥妈♥的干嘛呢
What the hell do you think you're doing?
找你啊
Looking for you.
我更你说了在外面等我
I told you to meet me outside.
有什么好大惊小怪的
I don't see what the fuss is about.
不就是个大管子吗
It's just a big pipe.
这个大管子一小时能造200多公里的风
Which produces winds of over 200 miles an hour.
并且这个风洞只对经过授权的
The wind tunnel is only open
学生和人员开放
to authorized students and personnel.
我马上就是了啊 不对吗
Well, I'm about to be, aren't I?
我只是不喜欢走在里面
I just hate walking in there
然后完全不知道他会说什么
without any sense of what he's gonna say.
- 你感觉如何 - 你知道我感觉如何的
- How do you feel? - You know how I feel.
我知道你觉得我们还没做好提交的准备
I realize you don't think we were ready to submit,
但我没得选啊
but I didn't have a choice.
苏珊已经受够了我把所有钱都花在这里了
Susan's had it with me spending our money on this.
我也不怪她 真的钱都成灰了
Well, I don't blame her, it's literally going up in smoke.
- 真♥他♥妈♥搞笑 - 我没开玩笑 杰克
- Fucking hilarious. - I am not joking, Jack.
有时候火箭能到20米
Sometimes, the rocket reaches 60 feet,
有时候根本飞不起来
sometimes it-it doesn't leave the ground
有时候直接炸掉了
and sometimes, it explodes.
测试结果完全随机
The results are completely random
我们根本不知道为什么
and we don't even understand why.
是喷嘴的问题还是主体的问题
I-Is it the size of the nozzle or the chamber?
还是燃料 还是氧化剂
Is it the fuel? Or maybe it's the oxidizer...
这就是这个项目的意义啊
That's the point of the project.
去找寻事实真♥相♥
To figure those things out.
但如果我们的提议通过了结果我们仍旧失败呢
But what if our proposal is approved and we still fail?
唯一的区别就是
The only difference is,
我部门的老大会在看
the head of my department will be watching.
拜托有点信心 瑞奇
Have a little faith, Rich.
等我们成功之后会有以我们名字命名的大楼的好吗
They'll be naming buildings after us by the time we're done.
这太荒谬了
It is absurd.
你们想造一架可以
You wish to build rocket capable
携带气象仪器去到电离层的火箭吗
of taking, uh, meteorological equipment into ionosphere?
是的 先生 我们觉得
Yes, sir, w-we thought...
这个是理查德的想法
Well, that part was Richard's idea.
他觉得这样更
He thought it sounded more...
实际
practical.
我们的终极目标是建造一架
Our ultimate goal was to create a rocket
能带人上太空的火箭
capable of taking man into space.
葛娜德教授也只能将
Professor Goddard only managed
火箭发射到最高2700米的高度
to launch rocket 2,700 meters, maximum.
电离层有将近10万米
Ionosphere is nearly 100,000.
还记得我在第一年的研讨会上说的
Remember what I say in first year seminar
关于穿越河流的事情吗
about crossing river?
要寻找垫脚石
Stepping stones.
没错
Exactly.
大成就的实现之前往往有很多的小成就
Small advances needed before big ones can be made.
如果我们不满足于做其他人的垫脚石呢
What if we're not content to be someone else's stepping stone?
理查德跟我说你从来没有
Richard tells me you never completed, uh,
读完大学啊 帕森斯先生
undergraduate degree, Mr. Parsons.
我开始理解原因了
I'm starting to understand why.
我不得不退学 才能在大萧条中
I had to drop out to support my family
养家糊口
because of the Depression.
我很抱歉
Oh. I'm sorry to hear that.
不用 学位只是一张纸
Don't be. A degree's just a piece of paper.
这并不能成为阻止我前进的
I'd just as soon not have all those protocols
牵绊
weighing me down.
但是听着 你们是想
But listen, you are trying, uh,
研究一个根本不存在的领域
to work in a field that does not even exist.
如果不能谨慎行事 你们会失败的
If you don't proceed with caution, you will fail.
或者更甚
Or even worse...
把自己炸死
blow yourself up.
什么
What?
怎么了
What?
结果不应该是这样的
That wasn't how it was supposed to go.
别别 杰克
No. No, Jack,
- 教授 - 别去了
- Professor? - leave it alone.
- 杰克 - 教授
- Jack. - Professor.
我只是在想 你应该亲自来看一下
I was just thinking, you should come and see
我们的火箭发射
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表