剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
one of our launches for yourself.
我已经拒绝了
I gave you my answer.
理查德和我从青少年时期就开始造火箭了
Richard and I have been building rockets since we were teenagers.
一张纸上的寥寥数言并不能表现出我们的能力
Some words on a page can't convey what we're capable of.
- 应该可以的 - 不能的
- They should. - Well, they can't.
当你研发帕兹一号♥的时候
When you were developing the PUZ-1,
你是仅仅单凭一份提案
did you rely on a written proposal
就展示出了它的可行性吗
to demonstrate its feasibility?
- 不是 但是 - 不是 因为那时候还没有
- No, but, uh... - No, because helicopters
直升机的存在
didn't exist.
因为人们都根本不敢相信它们能存在
Because people didn't even believe they couldexist.
这有点夸张了
That is a slight exaggeration.
这些都是先例啊
There were precedents.
我的重点是 想要证明给摇头族看的办法
My point is, you had to prove the naysayers wrong
就是让他们眼见为实
by showing them it could work.
然后你就会发现 你的火箭原型带着三个人上了天
Next thing you know, your prototype takes three men in the air,
然后你就永远改变了历史
and you change aviation history forever.
又有点夸张了
Another slight exaggeration.
我只是想要一个机会
All I'm asking for is the same chance.
你觉得我们无法证明自己
You don't believe we can back up our claims?
那就给我们一个机会证明
Let us prove to you we can.
喂
Hey. Hey.
你为什么生气 他都答应去看了
I don't get why you're mad. He said he'd come.
我们的重点是得到建造一个可行的火箭发动机的许可
The point was to get approval to build a functional rocket motor.
- 对啊 所以呢 - 你说得好像
- Yeah. So? - You were talking
我们已经建出来了一个一样
like we'd built one already.
因为他拒绝我们了啊
Because he rejected us.
现在我们有机会让他改变想法啊
Now we have a chance to change his mind.
怎么改变
How?
我们的实验没有一次超过21米的
None of our tests have broken 70 feet.
这只会显示我们的无能
This will only prove our incompetence.
我们到时候会想出办法的
We'll figure something out between now and then.
什么办法 杰克
But what, Jack?
总能想出来的
Something.
这是我的事业
This is my career.
现在全国顶尖的空气动力学家
The top aerodynamicist in America
会认为我是个作弊的蠢货
is gonna think I'm an imbecile and a fraud.
难道你宁愿就此放弃吗
So you'd prefer we just give up?
我只是希望你偶尔也能
I just wish that you'd stick to the facts
实事求是
once in a while.
我不明白
I don't understand...
你说你们今天会得到答案的
You said you'd be getting an answer today.
对 我们基本上得到答案了
That is what I'm saying. We basically did.
教授只是要确认
The professor just needs to make sure
我们真的能做到
we can back up our claims.
如果展示顺利 你们就会获得批准吗
And if the demonstration goes well, then you'll be approved?
对
Yes.
我们抓紧时间 好吗
Let's just make this quick, okay?
我还有很多工作要做
I've got a lot of work to do.
杰克 有礼貌一点 我们可能会成为朋友的
Jack, try to be civil. We might get on with them.
不见得 如果他们跟其他邻居一样的话
Doubtful, if they're anything like our other neighbors.
小声点
Shh.
你好 我们是帕森斯夫妇
Hi. We're Mr. And Mrs. Parsons
住在隔壁
from right next door.
好的
Okay.
我们看见你新搬过来
We saw you moving in and just wanted
想要来介绍下我们自己
to come and introduce ourselves.
通常情况下
Normally how this works
你也要告诉我们你的名字
is you give a name in return.
杰克
Jack...
我叫欧内斯特
It's Ernest.
这我就收下了
I'll take that.
是香蕉面包
It's banana bread.
我们自己做的
Ho-Homemade.
我是不是应该
Guess I'm supposed
分你一块
to offer you a slice.
不用了 这都是给你的
No, no. That's okay. It's for you.
你一个人住吗
Is it just you here?
我看见你戴着婚戒
I-I noticed your ring.
我和我妻子 但她现在不在
I have a wife... She just isn't here right now.
我们期待见到她
Well, we look forward to meeting her.
事实上 我们希望你们安顿好之后
In fact, we'd love to have you all over
能一起来吃晚餐
for dinner once you get settled.
当作庆祝你们乔迁
To welcome you to the neighborhood.
那敢情好
Well, that'd be swell.
一旦捕猎的新鲜感过去了
"Once the thrill of the hunt had faded",
万虎试图通过其他方式找回刺♥激♥
"Wan Hu tried to recapture the rush through other means."
但快♥感♥稍纵即逝
"But the ecstasy he felt was fleeting."
只有一件事 一样东西
"Only one thing, and one thing only,"
能让他短暂逃离现实
"seemed to offer him the escape"
他拼命找寻
"he was so desperately seeking."
问题是 究竟该如何得到
"The question now was: how could he possibly reach it?"
那晚 如平常一样
"That night, like most others,"
万虎孤枕难眠
"Wan Hu slept alone."
杀戮的疯狂和情爱的欢愉
"Neither the rush of the kill nor the pleasures of love"
都不能满足他不停歇的渴望
"could satisfy his restless longing."
很不错吧
Incredible, right?
哪一部分 处♥女♥新娘还是闺阁里的40个老婆
Which part, the virgin bride or the harem of 40 wives?
那不是故事的重点
That's not the point of the story.
我知道 他想一窥崇高
I know. This man wants to glimpse the sublime.
对 就是这样
Yeah. Exactly.
没有那些庸俗夸张的细节
They could make that clear enough
也能讲清楚主题
without all the lurid detail.
对 但那样的话就没人要读了
Yes, but then who would want to read it?
不知道他们被什么耽搁了
I wonder what's keeping them.
是啊
Yeah.
已经将近一个小时了
It's been almost an hour.
他说他们会来的
He said they'd be here.
房♥子漆黑一片
Well, the house is still dark.
车道也是空的 所以
And the driveway's empty, so...
看来我们被放鸽子了
Looks like we've been stood up.
我无所谓
It's fine by me.
我宁可只有我们俩
I'm happier just the two of us.
你觉得呢
Aren't you?
当然
Of course.
怎么了
What is it?
每当你跟理查德出门 我就
It's just all those nights you're out with Richard, I'm....
你怎么了
You're what?
我们快吃吧 都凉了
We should eat before it gets any colder.
怎么了
What do you want?
希斯博士在你办公室里
Dr. Heath is in your office.
他要去见那些
He is about to return to the criminals
偷他发明的罪犯
who stole his invention.
他们要求国王付赎金
They are now demanding a king's ransom.
你怎么知道的 是不是跟你有关
How do you know so much? Are you mixed up in this?
不 但我想我能帮你
No. But I believe I could help you
- 如果你配合的话 - 你能做什么
- if you will cooperate. - What could you do?
动动脑子 委员长
Think, Commissioner.
暗影可能是唯一一个
The Shadow is the one person who might be able
能陪希斯博士赴会的人
to accompany Dr. Heath to his rendezvous...
看不见
unknown...
摸不着 在暗处
unseen... in the shadows.
太荒谬了 这是警局事务
That's ridiculous! This is a matter for the police.
我们不允许
We can't have...
我等着呢 委员长
I'm waiting, Commissioner.
这个
Well...
好吧 暗影 我不愿承认
All right, Shadow, much as I hate to admit it,
但我们遇到难题了
we're stumped.
天哪 你没事吧
Jesus, you all right?
等一下
Hold on.
你总算是来了
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表