剧集 | 昭雪(2013) | 导航列表
What's up, Dan?
什么事 丹
The order. It's done.
订单搞定了
Okay.
好的
It's not really time to start a new order.
现在还不必开始新的订单
Why don't you slip out early? I'll clock you out.
不然你早点走吧 我帮你打卡
Is that a problem?
有什么不妥吗
Um, my bus doesn't get here for another 45 minutes.
我坐的公车要45分钟后才到
Well...
这样...
Go hang out in the break room or somethin'.
那就去休息室待会吧
Maybe I could, uh, get my check, too,
要不我把薪水也领了吧
uh, while I'm here?
趁我还没走
You don't work for free?
你不是义工吗
No, not working for free.
不 不是义工
Hell with that, right?
太糟糕了 对吧
Hell with that.
是很糟糕
Everything going well with, uh...everything?
你都还好吧
Grateful to have a job, you know.
能有份工作就很感激了
We're glad to have you, Dan.
我们很高兴有你加入 丹
Really are.
真的
Well, I'm glad you're glad.
那就好
See you tomorrow.
明天见
What's up?
还有什么事
I-I'm sorry...
不好意思...
should I come back now to clock out or...or not?
我还用不用回来打卡了
I got you covered, pal. No sweat.
交给我就行 哥们 不用担心
The most important thing we can do here
新迦南计划的宗旨
at the New Canaan Project...
就是帮助你们...
is to help you gain employment.
找到工作
And then keep that employment.
并帮助你们保住这份工作
Some of y'all might be better at getting jobs,
你们有些人比较擅长找工作
others at keepin' 'em.
还有些人擅长保住工作
But if you can't do both out here...
但如果你两项都擅长
well, you know how that story ends.
就注定会过上幸福的生活
In the old days, you might lie about your past,
在过去 你可能会用谎言掩盖自己的经历
not that that was ever a good idea.
这并非是个好办法
Maybe it wouldn't catch up with you.
也许你的过去不会被人发现
That's not an option today. Why is that?
但如今你就不能这样了 为什么
Why is lying a bad idea?
为什么不能再说谎了
Yes, ma'am. Internet.
这位女士 因为网络
Background checks. Much easier now.
背景调查 如今已十分便捷
One click.
只需轻轻一击
If you did the time, that they will find.
如果你坐过牢 别人就会知道
So what you gotta do? Tell the truth.
那正确的做法是什么 实话实说
Tell the truth.
实话实说
Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
你是否犯过重罪
Remember, Brittany, most prospective employers
要记住 布兰妮 大多数招聘者
are already gonna know you're an ex-offender.
已经知道你有前科
It's just kind of shameful to talk about it.
我只是觉得这件事难以启齿
Well, the more times you tell your story,
讲得次数多了
the easier it'll get, I promise.
就不觉得困难了 相信我
It's not about making you ashamed.
目的不是让你感到羞愧
Okay?
好吗
Ready?
准备好了吗
Were you ever convicted of a felony?
你是否犯过重罪
Yes, ma'am.
是的 女士
I was incarcerated at the Darbyville State Prison.
我曾在达比维尔州立监狱服刑
And what were you in there for?
入狱原因是什么
Sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰了
Um, here's my pay stub.
这是我的工资单
Dan, this is Brittany.
丹 这是布兰妮
Hello, Brittany. Hello.
你好 布兰妮 你好
Dan's one of our clients, too.
丹也是我们的客户
How long you been out?
你出狱多久了
Few months.
几个月
I've only been out a week.
我刚出狱一星期
Quite an adjustment, huh?
很不适应 对吧
I'll say.
是啊
Dan's one of our many success stories.
丹是我们成功的案例之一
I-I'd call it more a-a work in progress.
我也还是在摸索之中
You wanna share how long you were in?
可以分享下你服刑了多久吗
Um, sure.
好的
A little over 19 years.
十九年多
I only did four.
我只服刑了四年
Four years is...is still a long time
四年对于一个人来说
in one's life.
时间也不短了
The point is, by using our techniques,
关键是 通过我们的训练
Dan was able to get a good-paying job.
丹找到了一份高薪工作
Took a while.
也费了些周折
Which is the norm.
这很正常
Most clients have to interview multiple times
很多客户在找到工作前
before getting a job.
都会进行多次面试
Right, Dan?
对不对 丹
Well, that's...that's right, Maggie.
没错 麦琪
Uh, which is why we...we treat each...
因此 我们把...
job interview as...as an opportunity to learn
每次面试 都当成学习的机会
rather than a-a positive or...or...or a negative experience,
不去考虑面试的最终结果
based on the end result of that... e-experience.
所带来的影响是积极还是消极的
That's a smart way to think about it.
这是种很明智的想法
Yeah, they...they kind of got things figured out 'round here.
没错 他们很擅长处理这方面的事情
You'll be in good hands.
你肯定没问题的
See you later.
再见
Hey, Daniel. It's your mama.
丹尼尔 是妈妈
Not much to say today,
也没什么要说的
other than everybody misses you terribly.
就想告诉你大家都很想你
Let's see. Jared got a new bike.
杰瑞德买♥♥了辆自行车
He isn't much interested in cars yet,
他还不怎么对汽车感兴趣
which is good.
这是好事
Bikes are a lot cheaper.
自行车可便宜多了
And your job sounds interesting, honey.
你的工作听上去很有意思 亲爱的
You know, a good place to start.
这是个不错的开始
Proud of you.
我为你骄傲
Anyway, call me again if you get the chance.
总之 有机会就给我打电♥话♥
I-I promise to have the phone near me next time.
下次我保证把手♥机♥放在身边
No pressure, though.
不过别有压力
We love you.
我们爱你
Don't see many dudes getting letters on the outside.
出狱后没看过有多少人写信
Everybody's texting.
大家都发短♥信♥了
Y-yeah.
是啊
Anyway, group's startin' in a few.
总之 交流会马上要开始了
Thanks.
谢了
For me, keeping busy on the inside
对我来说 在监狱里有事情做
was a way to keep out of trouble.
是避免麻烦的好方法
It's the same out here, really.
其实在监狱外面也一样
Yeah, it's a good way to look at it, Nate.
对 你能这样想很不错 内特
Y'all got to keep busy,
你们都得找点事做
especially if you don't have a job yet.
尤其对还没找到工作的人来说
What's going on, Pickle?
你怎么样 皮可
Oh, you know. Keepin' on, keepin' on.
就那样吧 继续坚持
All right. Good, good.
不错 挺好的
Uh, let...let's see.
我想想
Went on another job interview today.
今天又去参加了个工作面试
Number 14, not that I'm countin'.
我猜大概第十四次了吧
How'd it go?
进展怎么样
Well, you know, they always perk up when they hear
他们听到我说在洗衣房♥
I was in the laundry business for 23 years,
干了二十三年时 都很高兴
till they realize I was washing nasty-ass convict clothes.
直到他们发现我洗的是囚服
Then you see that...fear, judgment,
然后你就看到他们的恐惧 偏见
whatever come up in 'em.
情绪都写在脸上
How do you respond to that?
那你是怎么回应的
Do like y'all say.
照你们说的做
剧集 | 昭雪(2013) | 导航列表