剧集 | 家有喜旺(2010) | 导航列表
might help launch his art career.
可以帮助他的艺术事业发展呢
You know what happens when you do extra?
你知道再加把劲的下场是什么吗
Your client is like, "Hey, why'd you put fish in my pool?"
客户会问 为什么在我的泳池里放了鱼
And you're like, "Because I thought
你回答 因为我觉得
it made it like the ocean."
这可以营造一种大海般的的氛围
And they're like,
然后他们就说
"Fish can't breathe chlorinated water.
鱼在含氯的水里是活不了的
You're fired, fish killer."
你被炒了 杀鱼的凶手
That actually happened to someone I know.
这是发生在我朋友身上的真事
He makes a lot of sense. No, he doesn't.
他说的很有道理 不
You can't live your life without taking risks.
人的一生不可能什么风险都不冒
Sometimes you just got to jump in
有时候就得冒点险
and marry the grocery bagger
义无反顾地嫁给一个超♥市♥装袋工
with the serial killer's baby.
成为连环杀手女儿的继母
That happened to somebody I know.
这也是发生在我朋友身上的真事
That's all good and well, Sabrina,
你说得没错 塞布丽娜
but you don't understand.
但你不懂
People who grow up rich can afford to make mistakes.
富二代承担得起冒险犯错的后果
We can't.
但我们不行
Trust me, when you're a Chance,
相信我 你现在是吉斯家的人了
you only get one chance.
你的吉运只有一次
That's why our name is "Chance" and not "Chances."
要不然咱咋不姓"吉斯们" 而姓"吉斯"
I think Maxine hates me.
我觉得玛克辛讨厌我
She won't even make eye contact.
她甚至不愿和我有视线接触
Relax, Barney, this place couldn't run without you.
放轻松 巴尼 这地方没你不行
I am ready.
我好了
Wow me to the max.
让我开开眼吧
No idea is a bad idea.
没点子就是坏点子
I was gonna say I had no idea.
我本来想说 我没什么想法
Then you said no idea is a bad idea.
但你说 没想法就是坏想法
Now I don't know where I stand.
所以我有点晕了
Yes.
请说
Hey, what if we did an art show
为何不搞一场艺术展
with local artists?
展出本土艺术家的作品
We could feature our own Jimmy Chance.
可以展示一下我们这位吉米·吉斯的作品
Art show, hmm...
艺术展
grocery gallery-- you know what? I like that.
杂货画廊展 我喜欢这个主意
As long as the artist is top notch.
不过这位艺术家可得是拔尖儿的哦
All right. Top notch?
好啊 拔尖儿的
My art is barely middle notch.
我的画连中不溜都算不上
Jimmy, you are an amazing artist.
吉米 你是个出色的画家
And it's time that everyone else saw what I already know.
现在应该让所有人都和我一样看到你的天赋了
Besides, what's the worst that can happen?
再说了 这能出什么事儿呢
M-Maybe we could turn this place
我们是不是可以把这个地方
into a stand-up comedy club.
改造成脱口秀演艺馆
You know, I-I happen to do a kind
内什么 我本人碰巧就会
of a funny impression of Barney Fife.
模仿一点巴尼·菲的段子
Now, Andy!
安迪 听着
The first sign of produce going bad,
东西一开始有变坏的迹象
you've got to nip it!
你就要阻止它
Nip it in the bud.
必须扼杀在萌芽时期
You're fired.
你被炒了
Wait...
等等
Well, now wait just one cotton-picking minute!
你这是逗我玩吗
Hey! How's it going?
怎么样了
It's tough.
难于上青天
I haven't found that thing.
我还没找到灵感
You know, that muse thing.
缪斯女神还没降临
What about me?
我做你的女神如何
I can be your muse.
我可以当你的缪斯女神
Cards on the table.
我直说了吧
I'm not entirely clear on what a muse is or does.
我都不知道缪斯是什么东西 能干啥
I... ooh...
我...
Hi, just dropped by
好啊 我们顺路来看看
to see how our little Andy Narwhal is doing.
我们的安迪·纳霍尔创作的怎么样了
Yeah, I'm doing great.
挺好的
I just have to put everything
就是需要集中精力
I got into these paintings.
发挥所有的才能去画画
I know you will, it's really...
我知道你能行的...
What...?
干啥
Mm-hmm, mmm, good.
真好 真好
Glad to see it.
你这样我们就放心了
What the hell is going on?
你们搞什么鬼
That's what we'd like to know.
你在搞什么鬼
Why are you encouraging Jimmy to stick his neck out?
你干嘛要怂恿吉米强出头
You want him to end up like Barney?
你想让他落得和巴尼一样的下场吗
Wait, you saw Barney?
你们见到巴尼了
Yeah.
是啊
How's he doing?
他怎么样了
He's hitting the sauce pretty hard.
他"酱瘾"又犯了
Come on, Barney.
别这样 巴尼
I'm sure there are lots of other grocery jobs out there for you.
肯定有很多杂货店需要你的
No, Virginia.
不 维吉妮亚
Like most of the products on Howdy's shelves,
正如大部分毫迪超♥市♥货架上的商品一样
I'm way past my expiration date.
我早就过了保质期了
So maybe it's time to move out of the grocery business.
也许是时候转行干别的了
You must have other talents.
你肯定还有许多别的才能
Oh, sure.
当然了
I put myself through VCR repair school
我会安装投币电♥话♥
by installing pay phones.
可以去蓝翔技工学校
I guess I could reach out to my MySpace contacts.
我还可以联♥系♥我的网友们
Or ask my uncle about working in his typewriter factory.
或者去我叔叔的打字机工厂打工
Having an art show is not gonna get Jimmy fired.
艺术展不会让吉米丢了饭碗的
This isn't just about Jimmy getting fired.
这跟工作没关系
It's much bigger than that.
比丢了工作要严重得多
This is about destroying Jimmy's dream.
这会毁了吉米的梦想的
What? Jimmy used to have a lot of dreams.
什么 吉米也曾是梦想满满的大好青年
Unfortunately our son is a wonderful dreamer...
可悲的是 我们的儿子只是个伟大的梦想家
but a terrible achiever.
但也是个糟糕的力行者
The first thing on Jimmy's list
吉米的第一个梦想
was policeman.
就是成为扶弱济贫的警♥察♥
Hey, stop picking on him.
别找这孩子的麻烦
Yeah, pick on him.
是啊 找他的去
Or when Jimmy saw that sitcom about the funny comedian
后来吉米看了那部关于单口相声演员的情景喜剧
and decided he wanted to be a stand-up comic.
于是决定当一个脱口秀演员
We told him, "Why not?"
我们也鼓励他大胆去干
What's the deal with chicken-fried steak?
鸡排算个什么事儿啊
Is it chicken or is it steak?
到底是鸡呢 还是排啊
What's the deal with you sucking?
你的段子这么烂算个什么事啊
And when Jimmy dreamt of being a fashion designer,
后来吉米又想进入时尚界
we encouraged him
我们还鼓励他
to try making his own pants for school.
穿着自己设计的裤子去学校
And after the disappearing pants,
和那条裤子一起消失的是他的自尊
he decided that he'd never show his face at school again.
从此他决定上学时不以真面目示人
Which crushed all our dreams.
他的所有梦想也随之破灭
Being an artist is the last dream Jimmy has.
成为艺术家是他最后的梦想了
What do you think's gonna happen
如果没人喜欢他的画
when nobody likes his art?
到时候怎么收场
You guys, people are gonna really like Jimmy's work.
人们会喜欢他的画的
He's very talented.
他真的很有天赋
Ah, hey, guys!
伙计们
I think I figured out what I'm gonna paint.
我已经想出要画些什么了
People have seen happy clowns and sad clowns,
人人都看过快乐的小丑 也看过悲伤的小丑
but they have never seen hungry clowns.
但他们从没见过饥饿的小丑
That's a great idea, honey.
这个想法太赞了 亲爱的
You get to that.
就这么干
Okay, so...
下面听我安排
while you try to get this art show canceled,
你要全力扼杀这场艺术展
we're gonna dig up some dirt on Maxine
我们去挖点玛克辛的料
in case we need to blackmail her.
必要的时候我们好敲诈她
剧集 | 家有喜旺(2010) | 导航列表