剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表
你这话真让我听不懂
Well, that sounds completely pointless,
但是你知道吗
but you know what?
我很无聊 所以我听听看吧
I am desperate, so I'm gonna give it a go.
来 帮我上去
Come on, help me up here.
好 盘起你的腿 对不起
Okay, now fold your legs. Sorry.
闭上眼 呼吸
Close your eyes and breathe.
不好意思 你非得出这么大声吗
I'm sorry, do you have to breathe so loud?
你好 我是阿尼尔
Hello, this is Aneel.
是在巴克洛夫特保险东34区
Aneel Jay who works in the East 34th offices
办公的那个阿尼尔·杰伊吗
of Barcroft Insurance?
是
Uh, yes.
在七层的投诉部门上班对吗
Who works in the appeals department on the seventh floor?
有什么我能效劳的吗
Can I help you with something?
有 能提醒我一下你的办公室门牌号♥吗
Yeah, uh, could you remind me of your office number?
728室 有什么关系吗
728. What is this regarding?
稍等 你好
Hold on. Yeah?
这关系到你们的服务电♥话♥
Hey, it's regarding the extremely impersonal practice
极度不人性化的问题
of trying to help someone over the phone.
我是觉得除了面对面交谈
I just think nothing really gets done
没有解决问题的其他办法了
until you sit down with someone face to face.
你懂我什么意思吧
You know what I mean?
-我正要去吃午饭 -是啊
- I was just leaving for lunch. - Were you?
我知道个不错的地方
I know a great place.
蜂蜜酸奶很不错你可以尝一下
The honey yogurt's really good if you want to try it.
这是个突然性改变 我了解
Look, it was an abrupt change, I know,
但是去年我们公♥司♥在试管婴儿投保方面
but last year, Barcroft hemorrhaged
赔付了八千万美金
an unprecedented $80 million in surrogacy coverage.
但你们为这个世界带来了多少孩子你知道吗
Sure, but how many babies did you help bring into the world?
我们不追踪这类数据
We don't track that kind of data.
这就是我带你来这的原因
That's why I brought you here.
你的公♥司♥给你提供数据
Your company gives you data.
你只知道案例数却不知道背后的故事
You get case numbers instead of stories.
你只知道账号♥却不了解账号♥背后的人们
You get account numbers instead of people.
什么情况
What is this?
这位就是账号♥42118的客户
This is account number 42118.
她叫帕兹·阿基诺
Her name is Paz Aquino.
抱歉
Excuse me.
阿尼尔
Hey, Aneel?
人们认为保险公♥司♥都是冷酷无情的
And people say insurance companies are cruel?
-我只是想给你看看 -人间疾苦
- I'm just trying to show you-- - Human suffering?
谢谢
Thanks,
但是我每天都会听到令人心碎的故事
but I hear heartbreaking stories every day.
配套的是累到酸麻的手和微薄的薪水
Along with the carpal tunnel and the crappy paycheck,
这就是干这行应受的
it comes with the job.
那你为什么不帮助我来改变一下呢
Then why don't you help me do something about it?
我是有个听起来有约束力的职位
I may have a title that sounds effectual,
但是我完全没有任何权力
but I have absolutely no power.
我根本帮不了你
I can't help you do anything.
「我认为眼泪代表着软弱」
"I think that tears are a sign of weakness."
对
Agree.
「我觉得别人的感受并不重要」
"I think that other people's feelings are not important."
对
Agree.
「我曾想过伤害我的家人」
"I think about hurting my family."
对
Agree.
只是你弟弟吗
Just your brother?
还有谁
Who else?
我妈我爸
My mom and dad.
你为什么想去伤害他们
Why do you want to hurt them?
因为我能
Because I can.
这只是初步判断
You know, I mean, it's early,
一次对话只是个简单取样 但是
and one session is a small sample, but, uh,
朱丽叶的表现完全是冷漠无情的
Juliet does present as callous-unemotional.
你是说她是心理变♥态♥人格
You're saying she's a psychopath.
她看过很多医生了
She's been to dozens of doctors.
听过精神分♥裂♥ 多动症 反应性依恋障碍
We've heard schizophrenia, ADHD, RAD.
但没有「心理变♥态♥」这个说法
No one's ever said "Psychopath."
冷漠无情
Callous-unemotional.
这并不是个医生愿意给出的诊断
It's, um--it's not a diagnosis that doctors really like to give because,
因为据以往经验
historically speaking,
这病还无法治愈
there is no cure.
-那我们该怎么办 -这个
- Then what do we do? - Well...
她得去由惩教部门运营的住院中心
She'll go into an inpatient facility
她得去由惩教部门运营的住院中心
run by the corrections department.
监狱 她才11岁
Jail? She's 11.
等一下 等一下 还有其他可能性的
Hold on, hold on, hold on. There is one other possibility.
惩戒对于这类型孩子并不管用
Um, punishment bounces off of callous-unemotional kids
因为他们没有羞耻感
because they can't feel shame,
但是有一些基于奖励机制的
but there has been some very promising behavioral therapy
比较有效的行为疗法
based on a reward system.
你们肯定也注意到朱丽叶对奖励的渴望相当强
I'm sure you've noticed Juliet's reward drive is extremely high.
这也是她要得到想要的一切的原因
That's why she takes whatever she wants.
如果我能让朱丽叶的表现有所改善
So if I can demonstrate some progress with Juliet,
我们就可以收留她入院
we can admit her here.
她可以成为新阿姆斯特丹医院的住院患者
She could be an inpatient at New Amsterdam.
-弗罗姆医生 -嗯
- Dr. Frome? - Yeah.
像朱丽叶这种症状你有过成功的案例吗
Have you ever had success with a child like Juliet?
还没有
No.
你怎么样
You okay?
性♥爱♥
Sex.
我用性♥爱♥取代了药物治疗
I just replaced pills with sex.
我应该是做了最差劲的决定
I would say that I make the worst decisions,
但是你知道吗
but you know what?
我都不确定我有没有做决定
I'm not even sure that I make decisions.
我就那么做了
I just do things.
那有什么不好的
Why is that bad?
如果你的直觉让你去做什么
If all of your instincts tell you to do something,
为什么不去做呢
why shouldn't you do that?
我的直觉让我去睡我的理疗师
My instincts told me to bang my physical therapist,
结果并没有好转
and it is not going well.
我以为我是让自己把注意力从痛苦上转开
I thought I was distracting myself from the pain,
但实际上我只是不想让自己保持清醒
but you know, actually, i think I was distracting myself from being sober.
你懂得 要适可而止
You know what? Enough is enough.
天哪 该面对现实了
God, it is time to face reality--
我要结束逃避去做一些决定
to stop avoiding and start making decisions
做一些对我真正有益的决定
that are actually good for me,
比如参加新阿姆斯特丹医院会议
like go to an NA meeting.
你冥想出这么多感悟吗
You just got all of that from meditating?
嗯
Yeah.
冥想应该有这种功效不是吗
That is how it works, right?
谁呀
Yeah?
不是吧
No.
这次不是来烦你的 我是来道歉的
Not here to harass you. I'm just here to apologize.
-是吗 -是
- You are? - Yes.
顺便来确认下你上司在哪屋办公
And to find out what office your boss is in.
-你不是吧 -直接面谈
- You can't be serious. - Face to face.
应该有收获的
It's gotta be worth something.
-10层 1021室 -1021室
- Tenth floor, 1021. - 1021?
谢啦
Thank you.
在新阿姆斯特丹医院 我们总会
So at New Amsterdam, we run into
遇到各种复杂的政策冲突
arcane policy inconsistencies all the time.
比如说吧 弗朗西斯 可以这么称呼您吗
For example, Frances-- may I call you Frances?
-不太好 -好吧
- I'd rather you didn't. - Okay, sure.
比如说 有一种高价的脊柱手术
For example, there is a very expensive spinal surgery
是被你们公♥司♥的基本政策覆盖的
that is covered by your base policy,
还有一种相对低价并且创伤小的同类手术
yet there is another procedure that is less expensive
却不在覆盖范围内
and less invasive that is not.
那也就是说你们公♥司♥反而
And that means that Barcroft is, in turn,
要多付很多不必要的费用
shelling out more money than it has to.
-我有个患者 帕兹·阿基诺 -她的账号♥
My patient, Paz Aquino-- - Account number?
It's 42118.
她的索赔被驳回了
剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表