剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表
that she's leaving 25 patient slots unfilled.
我们能救治25个患者 却袖手旁观
That's 25 patients we could be helping, but we're not.
你说得对 我同意
Well, I hear you, and I agree.
我可太希望如此了
I should jolly well hope so.
但试验是国立卫生研究院资助的
But NIH is funding the trial.
他们付我们钱 卡斯特罗说了算
They're paying us, and Castro is in the driver's seat.
所以我们要撒手不管
Okay, so we just stand by and
任由她对患者精挑细选吗
watch her cherry-pick patients?
不 我们撒手不管
No, we stand by
让卡斯特罗按她想要的方式进行试验
and let Castro run the trial the way she wants
因为这是规定
because those are the rules.
真高兴知道
I'm certainly glad to know
我们都开始遵守规定了
that we're all about following rules these days.
海伦 我不是这个...
Helen, that's not what--
目录
能聊聊吗
May I?
你们的母亲非常爱你们
Your mother loves you very much.
她几乎都不了解我 还有我的孩子
She barely knows me. Or my kids.
爸爸出事后她放弃了一切
She gave up everything after Dad's accident.
我妻子几年前去世了
My wife died several years ago...
如果她能起死回生我愿做任何事
And I would have done anything to bring her back.
我无法想象如果她还
I cannot imagine if she was still breathing
在我眼前呼吸会怎样
in front of my very eyes.
作为神经科医生 我知道你们的父亲已经死了
As a neurologist, I know your father is dead.
他的灵魂不在了
His soul is gone.
但连我都很难说再见
But even I would find it difficult to say good-bye.
你们的母亲心里明白
Your mother sees that...
她被困在在生死间的缝隙里
And she's trapped between life and death.
她想向前看
She wants to move on.
她想放手
She wants to let go.
那她为什么做不到
So why can't she?
因为她与你们俩都疏远了
Because she has pushed you both away.
如果她让你们父亲走了
If she lets your father go,
彻底走了
once and for all,
她觉得她会真的孤身一人
she believes she will be truly alone.
已经到关键时刻了 罗德尼
We've reached a crossroads, Rodney.
听着 近在眼前了 不 这次是真的
Look, closing in. No, like, for real this time.
-有多近 -四个指令
- How close are we talking? - Four keystrokes.
只需输入我的管♥理♥员♥密♥码♥ 就大功告成
Just gotta pop in my ADMIN password, and we're home.
你该庆幸
Oh, you are so lucky
你已经在急诊室了 罗德尼
you're in an emergency room right now, Rodney.
救命 帮帮我
Hey, help! I need help!
-什么事 -我看不到了
- What is it? - I can't see.
我的右眼什么都看不到了
It's my right eye. I can't see anything!
好了 好了 好了
Okay, okay, okay.
做个增强CT 通知...
Uh, we're gonna need a CT with contrast, and let's page--
不 不 跑去请眼科会诊
no, no, run and find ophthalmology.
洛先生 太太
Mr. And Mrs. Lowe?
是这样
So...
你们儿子的肺衰竭了
your son's lungs have failed,
我们得给杰克逊上体外循环
and we had to put Jackson on heart-lung bypass.
他会没事吧
Will he be okay?
他会不会...
Will he get...
以我们对疾病的了解
We just don't know enough about the disease yet
还无法做出任何预判
to make any kind of prediction.
电子烟出现这么多年了
Vaping's been around for years.
你们怎么会还不了解
How can you guys still not know?
产品一直在变化
The products are always changing.
没有检测 没有规范
And they're not being tested; they're not being regulated.
我们仍在研究
I mean, we're still learning
这些成分对他身体和肺的影响
what the chemicals are doing to his body and to his lungs.
我很抱歉 我希望有更好的消息
I'm sorry, I wish I had better news.
你想说什么
What are you saying?
我会尽我所能救治你们的孩子
I'm gonna do everything in my power to help your boy,
但你们要做好心理准备...
but you need to be prepared for...
不
No.
-这... -不
- It's-- - No!
里德先生
Hey, uh, Mr. Reid.
我上网查了 你是对的 完全正确
Uh, I checked the website. You're right, very thorough.
麦克斯 你来干什么
Max, what are you doing here?
你记得我跟你说起的
Um, do you remember the teenager
那个少年吗 他...
that I was telling you about? He's, uh--
可以说他的病情已经超出了
let's say his situation has exceeded the limits
现代医学能解决的范畴 而他还是个孩子
of, uh, modern medicine, and he's just a kid.
他犯了无心之过
Uh, he made an honest mistake,
现在时间不多了 所以我想...
and, uh, he's running out of time, so I thought...
我想也许你们能...
I thought maybe you guys could--
为他祈祷
Pray for him?
把他放在你们心中 或者用你们其他什么...
Put him in your minds, or whatever it is that you--
他叫杰克逊·洛
Um, his name is Jackson Lowe,
-他真的需要... -一个奇迹
- and he could really use-- - A miracle.
如果你们有多的
If you have one to spare.
麦克斯 这事不是这么做的
Max. Doesn't work that way.
那你们为什么要做
Then why do you do it?
如果不为这个你们为什么来我医院
I mean, why else do you come in my hospital?
为什么来这
Why do you come here?
你知道奇迹是什么吗
You know what miracles are?
它是已知陆地和
They're the word for the shoreline
未知海洋之间的海岸线
between what we understand and what we can't.
那祈祷是什么
Then what is praying
如果不是祈求某些更高力量去做一些有帮助
if not asking for some higher power to do something helpful,
有用的事
something useful?
当我们做正确的事 祷告就会改变我们
When we do it right, prayer changes us.
而不是反过来
Not the other way around.
无论我们在祈求原谅 还是感激
Whether we're praying for forgiveness, or gratitude,
还是引导 我们不是在向外索取 麦克斯
or guidance, we're not looking out, Max.
我们在向自身探寻
We're looking in.
如果你能找到自己心中那条海岸线
And if you can find that shoreline within yourself,
真正找到
I mean really find it,
你才有机会创造一个你的奇迹
that's when you got a shot at one of your miracles.
抱歉 我...
Sorry, I'm--
我通常把我的暴♥力♥宣泄
I usually save my violent outbursts
留到更私密的场所
for somewhere a little more private.
相信我 你能独自在楼梯间
Hey, believe me, there are way worse things
做坏得多的事
you can do alone in a stairwell.
我只是想救治更多人
All I was trying to do was help more people,
到头来我却是被虐的那个人
and I'm the one who gets clobbered for it?
你被虐...抱歉 被谁
You get clobbered-- I'm sorry, by who?
被无情的不公和我们所生活的白♥痴♥体系
By the relentlessly unfair and stupid system we all live in.
这个啊
Ah, that.
是啊 我对这种事很熟
Yes, I'm very familiar with its work.
你记得你转交给我的那位患者吗
Do you, um--do you remember the patient you referred to me?
-记得 露易丝·加莱纳 -加莱纳 没错
- Yeah, Louise Galena. - Galena, yeah.
尽管她在躯体和精神上
So despite substantial
承受巨大痛苦
physical and emotional suffering,
医疗保险以其无比的智慧
insurance, in their infinite wisdom,
决定不报销她皮肤切除手术的费用
has decided not to cover her skin removal surgery.
他们称之为整容
They're calling it cosmetic.
整容...就好比
Cosmetic-- it's just, like--
如果你有一位乳腺癌患者
If you had a breast cancer patient
需要做乳♥房♥♥切除术 保险会报销
who needed a mastectomy, insurance would cover that
外加之后的修复手术 对吧
plus the reconstructive surgery after it, yes?
-嗯 -是啊
- Mm-hmm. - Yeah!
因为有了癌症 保险出钱完成治疗
Because with cancer, insurance pays to finish the job.
而露易丝只是治疗到一半
But Louise has been just abandoned
被抛弃了
halfway through a treatment
因为尽管肥胖是种疾病
because even though obesity is a disease,
却仍没被当成疾病对待
it still isn't treated like one.
那我们就给她癌症
Then let's give her cancer.
什么
What?
你在吗
Hello?
剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表