剧集 | 木兰尼的人生(2014) | 导航列表
What are you doing for your talent show?
我妈妈想要我
Well, my mom wanted me to--
卢比和一些女孩子要表演舞蹈
Ruby and some girls are doing a dance
露水滴滴
to doop the dew.
什么
What?
贾莱的露水滴滴啊
Doop the dew? By Ja'le?
什么
What?
我19岁的时候本该成为尼克斯队的啦啦队成员
You know, I was gonna be a dancer for the Knicks when I was 19,
结果我怀孕了
but then I got pregnant.
你生下那个孩子了吗
Did you keep the baby?
是哦 对哦 你好
Oh, right, of course. Hi.
我去接个电♥话♥
I should get that.
你们俩玩
You two hang out.
你好
Hi.
最近的高中生活是怎样的
So, uh, what's junior high like these days?
运动员还是和运动员坐在一起
Do the jocks sit with the jocks,
乐团疯子还是和乐团疯子坐在一起
and the band geeks sit with the band geeks,
没人和胖子跟踪狂一起坐
and no one sits with the fat stalkers,
对吗
am I right?
我们都坐在一条长桌前跟欺负人的作斗争
We all sit at one long table to combat bullying.
是吗 那可真是个好主意
Oh, yeah? Oh, yeah, that's a pretty good idea.
你在看什么
So what are you reading?
《愤怒的葡萄》
Grapes of Wrath.
《愤怒的葡萄》啊
Oh, the Grapes of Wrath?
那你看什么电视节目呢
So what TV shows are you watching?
比起电视 卢比更喜欢电影
Ruby likes movies more than TV.
你这几天那么喜欢的那部电影是什么来着
What's that movie you're so into these days?
《讨厌的牛仔》还是什么的
The Gross Out Cowboys, or what is it?
妈 是《灼热的马鞍》啦
Mom, it's Blazing Saddles.
你喜欢《灼热的马鞍》
You like Blazing Saddles?
吉恩·怀尔德是我最喜欢的演员
Gene Wilder's my favorite actor.
你知道还有一个演员
Did you know another actor
他差点就要演吉恩·怀尔德的这个角色吗
almost played Gene Wilder's part?
真的吗
Really?
那你知道理查德·普莱尔本该演
Well, did you know Richard Pryor was supposed to play
克里沃恩·利特尔的角色吗
Cleavon Little's part?
当然 地球人都知道
Well, yeah, everyone knows that.
但是 天呐
But wow.
你跟我想象的真是大不相同
You're way different than I imagined.
约翰 我得请你帮我一个大忙
John, I have a huge favor to ask you.
我老板让我接下来两天都要加班
My boss needs me to work late the next two days.
你能不能帮我从学校送卢比
Is there any way you could walk Ruby
去上舞蹈课呢
from school to dance class?
这个卢比吗
This Ruby?
当然没问题
Of course.
卢比 你有看过《太空炮弹》吗
Hey, Ruby, have you ever seen Spaceballs?
一直很受欢迎哦
It almost holds up.
酷
Cool!
是啊 非常酷
Yeah, very cool.
食物非常美味
I mean, the food was great and all,
但我好像大喊了一声斯特兰·斯卡斯加德
but I kind of threw my voice out yelling, "Stellan Skarsgard!"
那你们喜欢为了食物牺牲自我吗
So you guys enjoyed being food hookers?
你这样说就太粗鲁了
Okay, see, that makes it sound so crass.
我们喜欢称之为"用餐伴侣"
We prefer "dining companions."
或者"故事饕餮"
Or "story guzzlers."
真不错
Oh, that's nice.
那我明天和卢比出去逛的时候
Hey, what would you think about going to lunch
你们再去和卢共进午餐怎么样
with Lou again tomorrow when I'm hanging out with Ruby?
明天是六道菜品味套餐
It's a six-course tasting menu.
六道菜 天呐
Six courses, wow!
想想我 小小的简·帕瓦娜
Aw, imagine me, little Jane Parvanah,
面前摆着六道不同的菜肴
with six different dishes in front of her.
我肯定会像电影中那些
I'd be like a hobo in a movie
骤然暴富还能洗泡泡浴的穷鬼一样的
who gets rich and takes a big bubble bath.
好吧 只有一件事
All right, there's just one thing.
卢定的是四人位
Lou made a reservation for four,
他希望你能带一个朋友去
so he wants you to bring a friend into the mix.
没问题
Okay.
我们认识的人里有谁生活经历少
Who do we know with so little going on in their life,
会愿意为了一顿免费午餐讨好一个小丑呢
they'd be willing to make nice with a clown for free food?
伙计们
Hey, guys.
我在约翰的篮子里睡着了
I fell asleep in John's hamper.
介意我借用一下吗
Mind if I borrow?
安德烈 我们明天要去吃午餐
Hey, Andre, we're going to lunch tomorrow.
我 你 莫迪福
Me, you, and Motif.
卢·加侬可以随心所欲讲故事
Lou Cannon tells whatever story he wants,
但我们享用的食物十分美味且免费
but the food we get is very good and very free.
你一个眼神过来就搞定了我
You had me at eye contact.
-你好 -你好 奥斯卡
- Oh, hello. - Hey, Oscar.
吉恩·怀尔德碟片选给你
Here's your Gene Wilder DVD set.
谢谢 希望你喜欢
Oh, thanks. I hope you enjoyed it.
我都快笑死了
Oh, I laughed, and I laughed.
我还用这个盒子撑了我的窗子
I used the box to hold open my window.
我要把这个借给茱莉亚的女儿 卢比
I'm gonna lend this to Julia's daughter, Ruby.
我发现她其实很棒
It turns out that she is great.
虽然她才13岁 但跟我简直志同道合
She's like me but in a 13-year-old girl's body.
你是说像你吗 真是厄运
So like you. Jinx!
好吧
Okay.
所以你和这个姑娘其实挺合得来
So you and this girl really hit it off.
如果我不是内心深处的深处
You know, I'd be creeped out by all this
深信在一切表象之下
if I didn't, in my heart of hearts,
你其实是像肯娃娃[男性玩偶]一样的话
believe that underneath all that,
我肯定会吓尿的
you're anatomically smooth like a ken doll.
我只是在指导她 好吗
Look, I'm just mentoring her, okay?
卢比的妈妈♥逼♥她逼得太紧了
Ruby's mom pushes her too hard, you know?
她想让她女儿实现她的梦想
She wants to live through her
让她成为受欢迎的社交女王
and make her this popular queen bee,
但用自我换来受欢迎是很危险的
but trading your sense of self for popularity can be dangerous.
我还记得高中有一次
I remember one time in high school--
等等 你要请我吃晚饭吗
Okay, wait, are you gonna buy me dinner?
因为如果你要给我讲故事的话
'Cause I'm gonna need you to buy me dinner
你就得请我吃晚饭哦
if you're gonna story me.
放轻松
Relax.
在学校里面 我有一个
In school, I had this friend
叫保罗的朋友 他非常不受欢迎
named Paul who was very unpopular.
你就是保罗对吧 猜对了
So you're Paul, right? Jinx!
不
No.
他叫保罗·帕里奇
His name was Paul Palicki,
有一年 学校才艺表演的时候
and one year, for the school talent show,
我们本该表演《新科学怪人》里的
we were supposed to do the puttin' on the ritz scene
《我最阔气》
from Young Frankenstein.
我们排练了好几天
We rehearsed for days.
保罗走出去了 我等着他们叫我
Paul walked out there, and I waited for my cue.
然后我听到了喝倒彩的声音
But then I heard the booing.
有些女生叫到 他可真是个跟踪狂
Some girl yelled, "Ew, he's a total stalker."
那时候女孩子骂人
"Stalker" had become the most popular girl insult
最喜欢用"跟踪狂"
by that time.
我们喜欢这个词
Yeah. Yeah, we like it
是因为说这个词既是抱怨又是自夸
'cause it's both a complaint and a brag.
总之 我临阵退缩跑回家了
Anyway, I chickened out and ran home,
但是保罗去跳舞了
but Paul did the dance.
我想让卢比跟保罗一样勇敢 别学我胆小鬼
And I want Ruby to be like Paul, not the coward I was.
假如你能回到过去
I mean, imagine if you could go back
给高中时的自己一些建议
and give your high school self advice.
那我会说 奥斯卡 告诉贝蒂·简真♥相♥
Well, I would say, "Oscar, tell Betty Jane the truth.
不要带她去毕业舞会和幽会地点
"Don't take her to prom and make-out point
然后跟她结婚
and then marry her."
你真该看看当时她是什么表情
You should have seen the look on that woman's face.
我不是说给你这个年纪的孩子看的电影不好
No, I'm not saying that movies for kids your age are bad,
只是是续集太多了
it's just, there's too many sequels.
《里约大冒险》都有第二部了
剧集 | 木兰尼的人生(2014) | 导航列表