It does mean something to me.
确实对我有着特殊意义
I always feel bad about taking your spot
当我后来眼见着你身上发生的这些事
when I saw what happened to you.
就一直很愧疚当初抢了你的位置去那边
It should have been you out there, not me.
该由你去那里的 不该是我
You were very persuasive.
你当时说服了我
I was misguided.
我被误导了
I met someone.
我认识了一个人
She's not too young and she's gorgeous and a little bit deep.
她不是很年轻 但是很漂亮 有点捉摸不透
Where'd you find a girl like that?
你上哪儿找那么个姑娘
I knew her in college.
我大学时认识她的
She's divorced, too, but no kids.
她也离婚了 但是没孩子
I bumped into her on Third Avenue
我在第三大道碰到她
and we couldn't remember why it didn't work out.
我们都不记得当初我们为何没在一起
Congratulations.
祝贺你
I hope you understand,
我希望你理解
she can't leave New York and I can't leave her.
她不能离开纽约 我不能离开她
Stop it. You're helping us by staying here.
别这样 你留在这里就是帮我们了
Roger called. Dow's a no.
罗杰打电♥话♥来了 陶氏拒绝了
Let me talk to Ken.
我去找肯谈
I suggested that and Roger said it's quite final.
我提议过了 但是罗杰说基本已成定局了
Well, let's comb through the small accounts.
那就来看一下小客户
See if we can cobble a couple million together.
看能不能凑几百万
I'll go get the files.
我去拿文件
Do you want more coffee?
你还要咖啡吗
I want to get on with this.
我只想快点开始
I have someplace to be, Trudy.
我得去个地方 特鲁迪
Good morning. Peter Campbell.
早上好 我是皮特·坎贝尔
Sorry to keep you waiting.
抱歉让你们久等了
Well, I assume you know why we're here, Mr. MacDonald.
我想你一定清楚我们此行的目的 麦克唐纳先生
We feel there's been a mistake regarding our daughter Tammy.
我们认为我们的女儿塔米的事可能有点误会
It's a Campbell family tradition
接受格林威治乡村走读学校
to receive the inimitable education of Greenwich Country Day.
独一无二的教育是坎贝尔家族的传统
But you didn't go here.
但你就没在这里上过学
No, but a Campbell has been in attendance
没错 但是自从这里还是谷仓时
since it was a barn.
坎贝尔族人就在此上学了
I'm sorry, but our decision is final.
很抱歉 但是我们已做出了最终决定
Now, Trudy explained to me
特鲁迪给我解释过
that you said it's a question of space.
你说这是空间问题
And I say Tammy would make it worth your while.
我觉得 让塔米入学你一定不会后悔
She wouldn't feel extra at all.
她不会觉得自己有优待的
It's not a question of space.
其实不是空间问题
Your little girl scored very low on her draw-a-man test.
你们的女儿在画人像测验上得分很低
Well, that's news to us.
我们不知道这事
And I find it hard to believe.
我觉得难以置信
Your ex-wife and I discussed this.
你前妻和我谈过这事
Children have to draw a man
孩子们必须画一个人
and their development is assessed based on the volume of details.
他们的发育程度取决于细节的详尽
Eyes, nose, ears, 10 fingers, 10 toes, et cetera.
眼鼻耳 十跟手指 十根脚趾 等等
Your daughter had only a head, mustache, and necktie.
你们的女儿只画出了一个头 胡子和领带
Mustache? She didn't understand what you wanted.
胡子 她不明白你想让她画什么
And I've been told anything beyond a stick figure
我听说只要画得比简笔人物画丰富
is considered advanced for her age.
在她的年龄都算较好了
Albert Einstein didn't speak until he was four years old.
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦直到4岁才开口说话
This is not about your little girl.
问题不在你们的女儿身上
The real problem is that your former wife
真正的问题是你的前妻
failed to submit applications to other schools.
没有向其他学校递交申请
That was careless and arrogant.
这种行为草率而傲慢
What? How dare you?
什么 你怎么敢这样说
I think we've said all there is to say.
我觉得该说的已经说完了
We're not leaving until you apologize to Trudy.
我们不会离开 除非你向特鲁迪道歉
Peter, it doesn't matter.
皮特 无所谓了
Einstein.
爱因斯坦
Would you like to step outside?
你想出去较量一番吗
Are you sure you wouldn't rather get me while I'm sleeping?
你确定你不想趁我睡觉时偷袭我吗
Like a real Campbell?
就像真正的坎贝尔族人那样吗
Are you kidding me?
你开什么玩笑
No MacDonald will ever mix with a Campbell.
麦克唐纳家族永远不会与坎贝尔家族打交道
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
It's some stupid story. It's 300 years old.
是某个蠢故事 三百年前的事了
He's obviously nuts.
他显然疯了
You should know that
你应该知道
his clan took advantage of the gift of hospitality
他的家族利用了我的家族的热情好客
and murdered my ancestors while they slept.
并在我的祖先们睡觉时谋杀了他们
The king ordered it.
那是国王的命令
Just be grateful you can remarry and get rid of that name.
你应该感到庆幸 你还能重婚改姓
Come on, Trudy.
走吧 特鲁迪
Another sucker punch from the Campbell's.
坎贝尔族人又出拳偷袭了
Coward.
懦夫
I'm sorry, sweetheart, the auditions are finished.
抱歉 亲爱的 试镜结束了
I already auditioned. I'm waiting for my mother.
我试过镜了 我在等我妈妈
Where is she?
她在哪里
She had to pick up my brother.
她得去接我兄弟
He has another audition.
他也有一个试镜
Look, Phil, it's a very simple transaction.
听着 菲尔 这是非常简单的交易
We've been doing it for years.
我们这样做很多年了
Shirley, will you watch her?
雪莉 你能照看她吗
I have every right to be upset
我完全有权利生气
because I'm an important buyer
因为我是个重要的买♥♥家
and you're acting like an asshole.
而你的行为非常混♥蛋♥
Maybe we should go downstairs.
也许我们应该去楼下
I'll see if Marsha's back from lunch.
我去看看玛莎吃完午饭回来了没
Do you know your phone number?
你知道你家电♥话♥号♥码是多少吗
Did I get the part?
我得到角色了吗
We haven't decided.
我们还没决定
Verna?
维娜
Her purse is gone. They must be at the park.
她的钱包不在 她们一定去公园了
You should ice that hand.
你应该用冰敷一下手
No, this was a bad idea. I really should get going.
不 这样不好 我真的该走了
It was a wonderful idea.
这样很好啊
Tammy would love to see you by surprise.
塔米意外见到你会很高兴的
Why did you only apply to one school?
你为什么只申请了一所学校
I had a back up, but...
我原本有一所后备学校 但是...
I shouldn't tell you this.
我不该告诉你这事
You can tell me.
你可以告诉我的
Well, the head of admissions was a little fresh with me.
那里的招生主任对我有点无礼
What school?
哪所学校
Peter, you can't punch everyone.
皮特 你不能去揍每个人
Maybe I should've never left the city.
也许我就不该离开城市
The city's become a toilet.
城市现在都成厕所了
Well, it's difficult out here.
在郊外很艰难
I don't have a lot of friends.
我没多少朋友
I don't believe that.
我才不信
It's the husbands.
都怪那些丈夫
I don't want to hear this.
我不想听这事
Every time I want to do something--
每次我想去做点什么
go into town, any social event--
进城 参加任何社交活动
they won't leave me alone.
他们都围着我转
Then I think, "Who am I kidding?
然后我想 何必自欺欺人
In 10 years, everyone will leave me alone."
再过十年 没人再会围着我转了
That is not true.
才不是那样呢
You're ageless.
你青春永驻
I'm feeling sorry for myself.
我为自己感到难过
This has been an ordeal.
这真是太折磨人了
I'll solve the school problem in 30 days.
我会在30天内解决学校的问题
All it requires is a check.
只用一张支票就够了
Tell Tammy I love her.
告诉塔米我爱她
You never take no for an answer.
你永远不会屈服
Actually, can I use your phone? Yes, of course.
实际上 我能用你的电♥话♥吗 当然了
Where's Pete? He may be meeting us there.
皮特呢 他也许在里面和我们会合
Good, I made it.
太好了 我赶上了
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表