Ha. I'm worried, but you're angry.
我满心焦虑 你却怒火中烧
Don't lose your temper. How much cash do you have?
别发火 你带了多少钱
Why don't you reach in and check?
你不如把手伸进我口袋里摸摸看吧
His bail is 180.
保释金要180美元
Let Brooks spend another day in the slammer.
让布鲁克斯在号♥子里再多呆一天
He'll just get in the way.
反正他也碍手碍脚的
No, obviously. I meant we should spring him on the way back.
不 我是说我们在回来的时候再保释他
He's a bum.
他就是个瘪三
If he wasn't a bum, she wouldn't have left him.
他要不是瘪三 女儿也不会抛下他
She told him she was never leaving that place
她说她绝不会离开那里
and that he and Ellery could stay there.
他和埃勒里也可以过去
I mean, what was he supposed to do?
他能怎么办
He was supposed to get into a fight with those hippies,
他应该跟那群嬉皮士干一架
not some rednecks in a bar three hours later.
而不是3小时后和一群乡下人在酒吧打起来
It's my fault.
都是我不好
I always let her out of everything.
我什么都给她解决好了
She only had one job, and that was to find a husband,
她只有一个任务 就是找个好丈夫
and she mucked it up.
她还是搞砸了
You liked him.
你以前挺喜欢他的
I thought he was good enough for the time being.
我之前是觉得他暂且还不错
I wanted her to wait like I did.
我想让她像我一样多等等
You only waited because I wasn't available.
你等着是因为你当时尚且得不到我
Well, look how that worked out.
看看如今的结局
What was she supposed to think?
她还能怎么想
"Things are hard, I'll just find another man."
"生活不顺 我就换个男人吧"
That can't be it.
不是因为这个
Oh, God, I hope she's not a drug addict--
天呐 但愿她不是瘾君子
although they usually stay in the city.
不过那种人通常都住在城里
How do you know that?
你怎么知道
"Life" magazine.
《生活》杂♥志♥上读的
It's probably another man, who probably has drugs.
她可能与某个有毒品的男人有染
You and me is not such a bad example.
你和我不算坏榜样
I mean, what psychiatrist is Ellery going to be telling
埃勒里以后会向哪个心理医生诉说
one day about the weekend his dad was in jail
某个周末 他的爸爸蹲了监狱
and his mom was in a commune?
妈妈进了嬉皮士的群居团体
I'm sure you can recommend one.
我相信你能推荐一个
You know, I haven't seen her in a while,
我有段时间没见她了
because the last time I did, she was so cruel and so serene.
因为上次见面时 她冷酷而无情
She has been strange lately.
她近来的确古怪
And a little bit philosophical?
而且说起话来充满哲学
Yes.
是的
I thought she was finally happy.
我以为她终于找到了幸福
Come in.
进
Sorry to bother you.
抱歉打扰
Uh, do you have a light?
你有火机吗
Mine crapped out on me.
我的不好用了
The perils of technology.
科技的危险
It's 1969 and you're unable to make fire.
已经1969年了 你依然无法生火
Human error. Forgot to fill it.
人为失误 忘记加油了
You're the only one here. It's lunchtime.
午餐时间只有你在
I'm not hungry.
我不饿
Probably have too much to do.
估计是你工作繁重
I'm not doing anything.
我什么也没做
Look, I don't want to put you out,
听着 我不想打扰你
but if you have a second--
但如果你有空
I have an advertising question.
我想问个广♥告♥方面的问题
Go ahead.
问吧
Advertising-- does it work?
广♥告♥ 有效果吗
On some people.
对某些人有效果
It helps to have a good product.
产品好的话效果比较显著
Well, I'll tell you how great it is.
我可以告诉你它有多棒
I started LeaseTech with two old friends,
我和两个老友创办了租赁科技
and six months later we have 19 new employees
6个月后 我们有19名新员工
and three new competitors.
以及三家新的竞争对手
Well, the first question is, how is what you're selling unique?
首要问题是 你的产品有何独特之处
IBM's leases are short and expensive
IBM的租期短 租金昂贵
because they're always replacing the equipment with the newest model.
因为他们总是在更新换代
Ours are cheaper because we don't do that.
我们不替换 所以比较便宜
Don't yours become obsolete?
你们的电脑不会被淘汰吗
Oh, they all become obsolete eventually.
电脑迟早都会被淘汰
The question is, how long does that take?
问题是 能用多久
IBM doesn't care because they just sell new machines.
IBM不关心这个问题 因为他们只卖♥♥新电脑
At this point I usually ask, "How did you get into this business?"
此时我通常会问 你是怎么入行的
Well, I was at IBM for a few years.
我在IBM工作了几年
I knew it.
我就知道
Yes.
是的
And I saw that they have got a great product,
我看到他们有很好的产品
but they don't trust it.
但他们不信任产品
I've worked with these machines.
我亲身接触过这些机器
I know how resilient they are.
我知道它们有多耐用
I don't want to find them in a junkyard in two years .
我不想看到它们两年后被丢到垃圾场
So you're betting that they'll last longer than even IBM thinks?
所以你相信它们的使用期比IBM想象的要长
Yeah. But the problem is, so are a bunch of other companies.
对 但问题是 很多其他公♥司♥也这么想
But they don't have you, and they don't advertise.
但他们没有你 他们没做广♥告♥
Very nice.
说得好
What's IBM like?
IBM是什么样的
Oh, there you are. I thought we were going to lunch.
你在这里啊 我们不是要一起吃午饭吗
Thanks for the light.
感谢你的火
Pleasure to talk to you.
很高兴与你交谈
You were going to give me the name of a good keypunch service.
你得给我介绍一家信息录入公♥司♥
When's Roger back from lunch?
罗杰什么时候吃完午饭回来
He's gone for the day.
他今天不回来了
You got a second, Bert?
你有空吗 伯特
Of course.
当然
LeaseTech--
租赁科技
the company we're leasing the computer from-- is a virgin.
给我们租电脑的那家公♥司♥ 是一块处♥女♥地
And I think we should prepare a presentation while their guy is hanging around.
我们应该趁他们在这里时准备一次创意展示
Push him over the edge.
说服他做广♥告♥
New business?
新业务
That whole industry is exploding.
整个产业都在飞速发展
This guy has exponential growth.
他的公♥司♥呈指数级增长
Have you forgotten the stipulations?
你忘记约束条款了吗
Fine, tell somebody else.
好吧 给其他人说说
I mean, the apple is right there.
我是说 机会摆在眼前
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what went wrong here.
你完全误会了问题的本质
So, that's it? You want me to be a janitor?
是吗 你只想让我当个看门人
Whistle while I work?
工作时吹着口哨
You thought there was going to be a big creative crisis
你以为我们会遇到创意危机
and we'd pull you off the bench.
然后请你出山
But in fact, we've been doing just fine.
但事实上 我们运行得很好
So, why am I even here?
那我为什么要回来这里
I could've gone anywhere.
我可以去任何地方
Why are you here?
你为什么回来这里
Because I started this agency!
因为我创办了这家公♥司♥
Along with a dead man,
当时和你一起创办的那人已经死了
whose office you now inhabit.
你还继承了他的办公室
I left something in there.
我忘了点东西在里面
When?
什么时候
Thank you, Caroline. I got it.
谢谢 卡罗琳 我拿到了
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Are you looking to buy some jelly?
你们想买♥♥果冻吗
The stand's up the road.
小摊位在路那头
No, we're looking for, uh, Margaret Sterling.
不 我们在找玛格丽特·斯特林
Hargrove.
哈格罗夫
Margaret Hargrove.
玛格丽特·哈格罗夫
I know who you're talking about.
我知道你说的是谁
Marigold?
玛丽格德
She doesn't want any trouble,
她不想惹麻烦
and we don't want any trouble.
我们也不想惹麻烦
Nor do we.
我们也是
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表