剧集 | 49号旅舍 | 导航列表
I mean, you're so smart
那样
and you're so...
能力出众
competent.
我常常做梦梦见你
I have dreams about you.
梦没有任何意义
Dreams don't mean anything.
听着 我在夫妻咨♥询♥治疗时
Listen, I've been talking
跟莎拉说起了这件事情
about this with Sarah in couples therapy.
起初很艰难
And it's been a little hard at first,
但我们最终说开了
but we finally got it out.
实际上我感觉这让我
I actually think it's bringing us...
和莎拉的关系更亲近了
closer together.
很高兴帮助到你
Happy to help.
我知道我跟你说了很多难以接受的信息
I realize I've uploaded a lot of challenging info here.
我希望你不要
I just hope you don't...
因此而记恨我
hold it against me.
我不会
No.
我只想把话说开
I just want to get it out in the open.
那样的话 不会变成
That way, it doesn't morph into this...
一种非常
you know, weird...
尴尬的感觉
thing.
好的
Yeah.
什么事
What's up?
我在兄弟会这里混时间
Yeah, I'm just hanging at the Lodge.
我对布莱斯的演讲很感兴趣
I'm excited about Blaise's lecture.
-我在工作呢 -我也在工作
- Hey, I'm kind of working right now. - Yeah, me, too.
我在值班 临时享乐 你懂的
I'm on call. Temp Joy, you know?
-你找我有事吗 -没事
- Did you need something? - No.
就是想看看你在干什么
Just wanted to see what you were doing.
于是就打电♥话♥给你问问
Thought I'd call you, see what's up.
我说过了 我在工作
Well, like I said, I'm working.
你和康妮现在怎么样了
Yeah. So, how are things going with the Connie situation?
你们还是处于分手状态吗还是
Are you guys still on a break or...?
是的 我这会确实没空
Yeah, but I really don't have time.
别担心 我支持你 我们是一伙的
Don't worry about it. I've got your back. We're in cahoots.
我们不是一伙的
We are not in cahoots, OK?
我们就是一伙的 别担心
We're in cahoots. It's OK.
我才不跟你是一伙的
No, we're not in cahoots.
喂 喂喂
Hey? Hello?
这城里的每一个傻叉都会
Every wack job in the city
来看布莱斯的魔术表演
is gonna show up for Blaise's magic show.
拉里
Hey, Larry.
你什么时候进来的
How did... When did you come in?
我很抱歉打了你的脸
Hey, I feel bad about punching you in the face.
我想补偿你
Let me make it up to you.
-你这礼拜有空吗 -当然有
- You got time this week? - Yeah.
很好 我会找你的
Well, good, good. I'll come find you.
好的
Ok.
我想了很久
So, I was thinking,
黄金因为稀有所以价值连城
gold is valuable because it's rare, right?
如果我们能够制♥造♥黄金
But if we could make gold,
它就不再稀有了
then it wouldn't be rare any more.
所以在制♥造♥黄金的同时
So, by making gold, we're sort of...
我们也在毁掉黄金的价值
destroying gold.
你所说的是市场价值
You're talking about market value.
梅里尔不关心那个
Merrill didn't care about that.
他把黄金称作永恒的剩余物
He called gold "The residue of eternity."
什么意思
What does that mean?
黄金是杰作的副产物
Gold is the material byproduct of the Magnum Opus -
身体 灵魂和时间相互调和
the reconciliation of body, spirit and time.
布莱斯 你还好吗
Hey, Blaise, are you OK?
我完全搞不懂
I don't understand any of it.
炼金术全是隐晦的谜语
Alchemy's all shadows and riddles,
就像史密斯的私人日记
like Smith's diary.
我永远都不可能弄懂
I'll never figure it out.
任何事情我都做不好
I can't get my mind around anything!
什么 你是我见过的看起来最聪明的人之一
What? You're one of the smartest-sounding guys I've met!
我是个骗子
I'm a fraud.
我的大学入学考试刚过900分
I barely cracked 900 on my SATs.
900分并不是太差
Nine hundred? Well, that's not so bad.
我都不记得我得了多少分
I don't remember what I got.
我妹妹上了1000分
My sister got into the thousands.
我明天要演讲
Tomorrow, I'm supposed to give a lecture
解释阐述哈伍德·费里茨·梅里尔的天才
explaining the genius of Harwood Fritz Merrill.
我做不到
I can't!
将会是一场噩梦
It's gonna be a nightmare!
我在秘教聊天室发了我演讲的消息
I posted about it in all my esoterica chat rooms.
很多人都说会来
People said they're coming,
其中有些人是实实在在的怪胎
and some of those guys are real weirdos.
无事可做就是想找茬
Lonely men with an ax to grind.
如果我说错一丁点
If I get one thing wrong,
他们都会在问答环节整死我
they are gonna destroy me in the Q&A.
放轻松 放轻松
Easy, easy, easy.
我是不是该打电♥话♥叫医生
OK. Hey. OK. Do I need to call a doctor?
我想你可能犯急性阑尾炎了
I think your appendix might be exploding.
我就是个医生
I am a doctor.
好吧
Ok.
不是我的阑尾
It's not my appendix.
几年前在印度
A few years ago in India,
我感染上了一种神秘的寄生虫
I picked up a mysterious parasite.
它曾经让我时刻都疼痛不堪
It used to cause me terrible pain all the time.
常见的医学治疗毫无用处
The square medical establishment was no help.
他们没法把寄生虫排出我的身体
They couldn't get it out.
还有些所谓的专业人士甚至说我体内根本没有寄生虫
Some of the "Professionals" even suggested it wasn't there,
都是我臆想的
that it was in my mind,
可是我完全能感受到它在我身体里生长
even though I could feel it growing inside me.
自我疗愈
Heal thyself.
我只能这样做
That's what I had to do.
于是我开始阅读帕拉塞尔苏斯
So I started reading Paracelsus,
找到了一些古老的炼金术疗法
found some ancient alchemical remedies that...
缓解了我的病症
actually helped.
但是
But...
这世上并无奇迹
there are no miracles.
我们得学会跟这些东西共处
We have to learn to live with these things.
我们只能
All we can do...
设法应付我们的痛
is manage the pain.
就是这个
Here it is.
从伦敦总部来的正式信函
Official letter from London.
这里面说他们已经选好一名特使
It says, "An emissary has been selected and briefed."
他将会在两星期内到达
And we should expect someone to arrive within... a fortnight.
会议开始前我得先喝一杯
I'm gonna do a shot before the meeting.
好的
Yeah, OK.
两星期
A fortnight.
你知道布莱斯身体里有寄生虫吗
Did you know that Blaise has a parasite living inside of him?
当然 当然
Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah.
那个故事我听过好多遍了
I've heard that tale many times.
很不可置信的一周 是吧
Yeah, yeah. Pretty crazy week, huh?
今晚很多朋友出席
Solid turnout tonight.
我想你们要么是很高兴我回来了
I guess either you're all happy I'm back,
要么是想知道关于木乃伊的事情
or you just wanted to hear about our mummy.
这我无能为力
I can't help you with that,
不过你们也看到我们的宣传♥单♥了
but you've probably seen our flyers around.
我们伟大的骑士布莱斯·圣约翰
Our Majestic Knight, Blaise St. John,
明晚会有一个公开讲座
is giving a public lecture tomorrow night,
上帝保佑我们
God help us all.
讲座是关于
It's about...
布莱斯你说说
Well, fill us in. Fill us in.
是关于华♥莱♥士♥·史密斯的死亡仪式中的
It's about the alchemic underpinnings
炼金术基础构架
of the death ritual of Wallace Smith,
以及它如何关联到
how it references the...
哈伍德·费里茨·梅里尔的传奇葬礼
the legendary burial of Harwood Fritz Merrill.
等不及了
剧集 | 49号旅舍 | 导航列表