剧集 | 49号旅舍 | 导航列表
That led to the catapults, and...
造东西就是特别的有趣
It was just fun building things.
是啊 如果你不在忙项目
Yeah, if you're not working on a project,
你的思绪就会吞噬你
your thoughts will eat you up.
投石机完工了吗
Is the - Is the trebuchet finished?
完工了 再过几晚就准备发射了
Yeah, ready to launch in a few nights.
之后我们就会关店
And then we're closing up shop.
-你什么感受 -我没法抱怨
- How does that make you feel? - I can't complain.
我在奥比斯工作了20年
I mean, I got 20 years out of Orbis.
我看着我的侄子们
I look at my nephews.
他们永远不会有这样的经历
They will never have that anywhere.
他们总是会在两三个工作之间推搡
They will always be hustling two, three jobs.
我可以问你件事情吗
Can I ask you something?
你什么关心这事
Why the hell do you care about this stuff?
我想我也需要一个项目
I guess I need a project, too.
需要找点事做 防止我的思绪吞噬掉我
Something to keep my thoughts from eating me up.
我整个职业生涯都在想有一天我要写本书
I spent my whole career thinking I'd write a book someday.
把专题报道转变得影响力更大 但是
Turn a feature into something bigger, but...
从没发生
never happened.
我从来都没能投入进去
I could never commit.
总有事情使我分心
There was always something to distract me.
新的工作
A new job.
新的男人
A new guy.
我总是以为如果我
I always thought if I
能到某个地方独自一人待一会儿
could just go someplace alone for a while...
我就可以写完那本书
I'd get it done.
但我从来没写出来
But I never did.
因为我就是个平庸的作家
Because I'm a hack.
你并不平庸 康妮
You're not a hack, Connie.
49分部
Lodge 49.
终于找到你了
There you are.
你忘记了吗
Did you forget?
-什么 -你的核磁共振检测
- What? - Your MRI!
我现在在这里 我请假了
I'm here now. I took off work.
我现在出发
I'm - I'm leaving now.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我只是在分部里
I'm just looking for
寻找任何有价值的东西
anything in the Lodge that might be an asset.
濒临破产 总部想要尽量减小损失
Bankruptcy looms. London will want to recoup whatever they can.
我不是专家 但是有些书可能会有价值
I'm not an expert, but some of these books might be valuable.
这个书房♥并不是什么贵重物品
This library is not an asset.
它是 一座通往真♥相♥和美的城♥堡♥
It is... a citadel to truth and beauty.
我们正要苏醒的时候
The Lodge was just starting to wake up
你带着你的计算器过来
until you walked in with your calculator.
我只是在尽职
Just doing my job.
作为山猫会成员并不是工作
Being a Lynx is not a job.
不好意思 对我来说是的
Well, I'm sorry, but for me it is.
你知道我们在世界各地有多少分部吗
Do you know how many lodges we administer worldwide?
文书的工作量是十分惊人的
The amount of paperwork is extraordinary.
尤其是当这么多兄弟会都在关闭
Especially with so many lodges closing down.
这些对你来说都没有意义吗
Does any of this mean anything to you?
炼金术
Alchemy?
哈伍德·弗里茨·梅里尔的杰作
The - The Magnum Opus of Harwood Fritz Merrill?
我以为总部是一切的核心
I thought London was the heart of everything.
从行政上来说 它当然是
Well, administratively speaking, it certainly is.
你是怎么成为山猫会成员的
How did you even become a Lynx?
我的婶祖母达莉亚是成员
Well, my Great-Aunt Dahlia was a member,
我和她去过几次
and I went to a few dinners
分部的晚餐 感觉还不错
with her at the Lodge, and that was OK.
然后在她死前 她鼓励我成为其中一员
And then before she died, she encouraged me to become a member
我照做了
and - and I did.
当我拿到会计证的时候
When I got my certificate in accounting,
他们让我成为了职员 我一路努力上来
they offered me a position on the staff, and I worked my way up.
这并不是最激动人心的故事
It's not the most exciting story,
但我也不是最令人兴奋的人
but I'm not the most exciting man.
在1分部工作时会有些不寻常的事情
Yeah, there's some unusual things about working at Lodge 1.
山猫会的传统等等
Traditions of the Order and so on.
但总体来说仅仅是工作
But mostly it's just work,
会议和表格
and meetings, and spreadsheets.
出去
Get out.
你不允许再进入这个书房♥
You are banned from the library.
-布莱斯 真的没有必要 -滚出去
- Blaise, there's really no reason... - Get out!
所以 你住在这里吗
So, you live out here?
不 不
No. No.
这不过是我的临时住所之一
This is just one of my pied-a-terre.
有时候我需要低调行事
Sometimes I've got to lay low.
我和妻子住在帕洛斯弗迪斯的大房♥子里
I live in Palos Verdes in a giant house, with my wife.
你真是个难找的人啊
Well, you're a hard man to find.
很多时候 我都找不到自己
Most of the time, I can't find myself.
我被困在一座塔里 厄尼
I'm trapped in a tower, Ernie.
一座由南加油和巴哈部分地区
A tower made out of endless litigations
商♥业♥楼♥或居民楼
surrounding any number of commercial or residential properties
提出的无尽诉讼建成的塔
in Southern California and certain parts of Baja.
这个体系 不公平 不公平
The system, man. It's not fair. It's not fair.
我做的所有事都是百分百合法的
Everything I do is 100% legal.
百分之一百
One hundred percent.
虽然并不一直是遵守法律的信条或是精神
Not always according to the letter or spirit of the law,
但是如今
but, these days,
你必须愿意生活在道德的灰色地带
you've got to be willing to live in a moral gray area.
那里才能挣钱
That's where fortunes are made.
我是灰色地带的灰色人
I'm the gray man in the gray area.
那么 你会选择哪些批发商
So, what wholesalers will you think be pulling from?
我认识所有...
I have great relationships with all the...
你们俩是怎么认识的
How do you guys know each other?
我们是古老仁慈的山猫会成员
We belong to the Ancient and Benevolent Order of the Lynx.
厄尼是光明骑士 我是他的护卫
Ernie's a Luminous Knight. I'm his squire.
只是一个社交俱乐部 啤酒和垒球
It's just a social club. You know, beer and softball.
不 不是的 远不止如此
No, it's not. It's way more than that.
-我们有秘密知识 -什么的秘密知识
- We possess secret knowledge. - Secret knowledge of what?
我不能告诉你
Yeah, I can't tell you.
但是 基本上就是炼金术的知识
But... basically, the secrets of alchemy.
那你们会做些奇怪的事情吗
OK, so, do you guys do weird shit?
比如长袍 蜡烛和拉丁语
Like robes and candles and Latin?
不 不 不 不像那样
No, no, no. It's not like that.
你在说什么 就是那样的
What are you talking about? It is exactly like that.
好的 真是太棒了
OK, this is awesome,
但是我需要更多的内容
but I'm gonna need a little more context.
-我们今晚边吃边谈怎样 -可以
- How about we do it over dinner? - Sure.
但是也许我能先给你介绍下我们的产品
But maybe first I can take you for a spin through our catalogs?
你想要和我做生意就要陪我喝酒吃饭
You want my business you are gonna have to wine and dine me.
我可是队长 看在老天的份上
I'm Captain, for Christ's sakes!
我知道一个特别的地方
Now, I know a special place.
里弗赛德县最好的虾头油
Best Shrimp Louie in Riverside County,
他们还有弗拉门哥现场表演
and they have live flamenco.
听上去怎么样
Sound good?
所以 我看着他的眼睛
So, I looked him in the eye.
总是要看着你对手的眼睛
Always look your adversary in the eye.
然后我说
And I said,
苏黎世的夜晚很凉
"The nights are cold in Zurich,
但没有什么能够熄灭我心中的火焰
but nothing can extinguish the flamings of my heart."
有欢笑吗
Was there laughter?
有的
Yes.
有相互理解吗
Was there understanding?
也有的 因为1小时后飞过阿尔卑斯山
Yes, again, because an hour later, flying over the Alps,
我们就签订了互利互赢的供应商协议
we signed a mutually beneficial vendor agreement.
重点是如果你特别想要成功
So, anyway, the point is, if you really want this,
你要爱上它
you need to love it,
吃 喝 抽 吸 射
eat it, drink it, smoke it, snort it, shoot it.
不用在乎你怎么得到它
It doesn't matter how you get it.
确保你得到就行
Just make sure that you do.
如果你们好奇我是怎么得到的
剧集 | 49号旅舍 | 导航列表