剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
Well, your gout will certainly thank you.
我告诉肖蒙 国会会帮他 支付他的一切损失
I told Chaumont that Congress would pay him everything that he's owed.
真是这样?
Is that true?
从现在起是这样
It is now.
直言不讳 他无法容忍♥摆架子的人
Be plainspoken. He can't abide anyone who puts on airs.
但不要假装谦虚 他会看穿的
But don't be falsely humble. He'll see right through that.
态度要认真 但不要过于坚持 准备一些风趣的对话
Be serious but not too insistent, and have something witty at hand to say,
但得让它听起来像是你即兴发挥的
but make it sound like you just thought of it.
还有 别鞠躬
And don't bow.
还有吗?
Anything else?
就自然点
Just be yourself.
侯爵应该知道国王
The marquis is aware that the king has forbidden
已禁止任何法国♥军♥官前往美国
any other French officers from leaving for America.
在为美国事业效力的同时 我是在为法国而战
In serving the cause of America, I fight for France.
他会理解的
This he will understand.
你是想在此次的 冒险行为上得到我的认可?
And you seek my blessings for this escapade?
他需要一封致国会和华盛顿将军的推荐信
He needs a recommendation to Congress and General Washington.
- 如果由你来写... - 为了这份荣誉 我愿意献出自己的生命
- If it came from you-- - For this honor, I would offer my life.
我能知道原因吗?
May I ask why?
先生 我一听说美国...
Sir, the moment I heard of America...
他的心...
His heart--
是的 我的心感觉... 有义务为人类的自♥由♥而战
Oui. My heart was-- was enlisted to fight for the liberty of man.
你的家人也同意了?
And your family, they consent to this?
你告诉他们了吗?
Have you even told them?
我希望...能做件有意义的事
I wish... do a thing that matters.
我不需要工资
I want no pay.
我想学习
I want to learn.
我知道自己还年轻
I know I am young.
侯爵 这不是年不年轻的问题
It's not a question of youth, Marquis.
国会是不可能允许 一个外国人统领美国将军的
Congress will never permit a foreigner to hold sway over American generals.
富兰克林博士 我去美国 是为了效力 不是为了领导
I go to America to serve, Dr. Franklin, not to lead.
给我点时间考虑一下 你这般慷慨的援助提议
Allow me time to consider your most generous offer of assistance.
我将听从你的安排
I conduct myself by your devices.
我想不出什么诙谐有趣之事
I couldn't think of anything funny.
放心吧 我会和他谈谈 你会拿到你要的信
Don't worry. I'll talk to him. You'll have your letter.
先生 我听说了
I have learned, monsieur,
你把我发往伦敦的电报以两个标题归档
to file my dispatches to London under two separate headings.
分别是我被告知的 以及实际情况
What I am told, and what is actually happening.
斯托蒙特大使 我向你保证
I assure you, Ambassador Stormont,
我们已经彻底调查了非法走私的事件
we have looked into the matter of illegal smuggling most thoroughly.
- 似乎还不够彻底 - 法国充满着冒险家
- Well, not thoroughly enough, it seems. - Well, France is full of adventurers.
商人有选择买♥♥家的自♥由♥
Merchants sell their goods to whomever they choose.
富兰克林博士和肖蒙这样的
Bad enough for Dr. Franklin to associate
军♥火♥商有联♥系♥已经够糟糕了
with a known arms dealer like Chaumont.
他还被那讨厌鬼博马舍牵着走
He's also being squired around by that nuisance, Beaumarchais.
你真该把陛下的秘密事务
You really should have trusted His Majesty's clandestine affairs
交给一个不那么显眼的人
to someone a little less obvious.
请原谅我说
Forgive me for saying that my faith
我对宫廷意向的信心正在受到严峻考验
in the intentions of the court is being sorely tested.
正如穷理查所说:“在世事中
As Poor Richard says, "In the affairs of the world,
人们得救不是因为信念 而是因为缺乏信念”
men are saved not by faith but by the lack of it."
伯爵先生 走私是一回事
Smuggling is one thing, Monsieur le Comte,
但以船队走私则严重多了
but smugglers who travel in fleets is quite another.
我所知道的唯一一支法国船队正在捕鳕鱼
Well, the only French fleet I'm aware of is currently fishing for cod.
我得到可靠消息 此时此刻
I'm reliably informed that ships are being outfitted
船只正在勒阿弗尔码头进行装备
at this very moment in Le Havre.
是吗?
Really?
你也许会想看一看货物清单
Well, perhaps you'd like to take a look at the cargo list,
- 嗯? - 请看
- hmm? - Please.
52门大炮、6132支步♥枪♥、1029桶火♥药♥
Fifty-two cannons, 6,132 rifles, 1,029 barrels of gunpowder
以及两万颗炮弹
and 20,000 cannonballs.
我是否能问大使 是如何得到如此详尽的清单的?
May I ask how the ambassador came by such a precise list?
不能
You may not.
国王陛下政♥府♥无意干涉
His Majesty's government has no desire to interfere
英国人之间的争吵
in a squabble between Englishmen.
韦尔热讷伯爵 你把我当成十足的笨蛋吗?
Do you take me for a complete imbecile, Count Vergennes?
多尔
Ah, Lindor!
我现在就把它封上 虽然我不知道何时以及如何
I'll seal it now, though I don't know when or how
才能把它交到他手里
I shall be able to get it into his hands.
我看到他和理发师费加罗说话会心生嫉妒
I saw him through the veil of my own jealousy, speaking with Figaro the barber.
他是个好人
He's a good man.
他有时会对我表示同情
A man who at times showed me sympathy.
要是我能引起他的 注意就好了 哪怕就一下
If only I could foster his attention. Just for a moment!
见到你太好了
I'm so glad to see you!
你好吗?
Are you well?
不太好 费加罗先生
Not very well, Monsieur Figaro.
我无聊极了
I'm dying of boredom.
这我相信 只有笨蛋才会因为无聊而发胖
I can believe it. Only imbeciles get fat on boredom.
你刚才在和谁说话?
Who were you talking to just now?
一位年轻的单身汉 是我的一个亲戚
A young bachelor. A relative of mine.
他能言善道 而且长得很帅
He has a way with words, and he's very handsome.
像你朋友这样的年轻人肯定会受人关注
A young man such as your friend won't go unnoticed for long.
他有个很大的缺点
He has one big failing.
缺点?你确定吗?
A failing! Are you sure?
他恋爱了
He's in love.
恋爱?
In love?
你把这称为缺点?
And you call that a failing?
对于没钱的人来说 那是缺点
It is when you haven't got any money.
生活太不公平了
Life's so unfair!
你认同博马舍所说的吗?
Do you think Beaumarchais is right?
爱与宁静之间难道就无法做选择吗?
Is there no choice between love and quiet?
他不过是在说笑 夫人
He's just having a little sport, madame.
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
我养成了总是听取我夫人意见的习惯
I adopt the habit of always being guided by my wife's opinion.
你的夫人
Your wife.
她会来这里吗?
Will she come here?
她已经过世三年了
She is passed these three years.
非常遗憾
I am very sorry.
- 她叫什么名字? - 黛博拉
- What was her name? - Deborah.
你们俩是真心相爱而结合的吗?
Was yours a marriage of the heart?
她一直都是我忠实的贤内助
She was a faithful helpmate all her days.
有一天 我被母亲唤进了会客室
I was called into the salon by my mother one day.
我父亲和一个我从未见过的 男人当时在里面
Papa was there with a man I had never seen before.
他看起来很老
He looked old.
我们之间真的谈不来
We talked about nothing, really.
陪伴我的
My playmates.
是我的小狗
My little dog.
可爱的小维露
Sweet little Velu.
我当时弹了钢琴
I played the spinet.
弹得不太好 因为我才没学多久
Not so well. I had only started to study.
但那男人鼓完掌后就离开了
But the man clapped his hands and took his leave.
之后就安排了婚礼
Arrangements were made.
一个月后我就嫁给了布里昂先生
I was wed to Monsieur Brillon a month later.
那年我15岁
I was 15.
布里昂夫人 人生中令人伤心的事很多 但让人快乐的事也不少
Many sorrows in this life, Madame Brillon, but also many pleasures.
我们所能做的 就是搁置悲伤 并享受快乐 对吧?
What can we do but put aside the one and enjoy the other?
“在任何情况下都无法快乐的人
"He who cannot be happy in any state
在没情况下就能快乐起来”
can be so in no state."
- 你读了我的书 - 当然
- You've read my little book. - Of course.
但你没亲自送我一本 也太不够意思了
But how unkind not to give me a copy yourself.
书里写的不过是堆琐碎事
It's nothing but a hodgepodge of trivialities.
我没料到你会感兴趣
I didn't think it would interest you.
太可惜了
What a shame.
如果你送了给我 我就会坚持 要求我所认识的人都读它
If you had, I would have insisted everyone I know read it.
那你现在还能这么做吗?
Could you insist now?
只要我知道这个人一心一意对我 我就能
I could for a soul I knew to be devoted to me.
夫人 我就是那个人
Madame. I am that soul.
怎么啦?
What?
我们俩
You and I.
我们现在是生意伙伴
We do business now.
我喜欢这样
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表