剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
1
(英军投降)
(弗吉尼亚州 约克镇)
(1781年10月19日)
左、右、左
Left, right, left!
向右转 左、右、左
Right! Left, right, left!
左、右、左
Left, right, left!
左、右、左
Left, right, left!
左、右、左
Left, right, left!
左、右、左
Left, right, left!
是的 回英格兰吧
That's right! Go back to England.
滚回家吧
And go home!
他们甚至都不看我们一眼
They won't even look at us.
我有办法引起他们的注意
I think we can get their attention.
Get on home!
小伙们 给他们来点...活泼点的曲子
Boys, give them a bit-- Something livelier to march to.
嘿 烤牛肉 这边...
Hey, rosbifs! Over here! Over here!
你们输了
You lost!
是什么感觉
How does it feel, huh?
输给一群叛军和青蛙
To lose against an army of rebels and frogs?
(战争即将来临)
(独♥立♥宣言)
(改编自)
(斯泰西希夫的《伟大的即兴创作》)
我和纽约的一些其他要人讨论过
I and certain other personages from New York have discussed
成立一个致力于这一原则的协会
forming a society dedicated to the principle.
我自己的信念是 废除奴隶制是必要的
My own conviction is that abolition is a necessity,
但必须以最谨慎的渐进方式进行
but one which must be approached in the most carefully incremental manner.
例如在解放的问题上 我认为合适的做法是 在赚回购买♥♥价之后
On the matter of manumission, for example, I think release from servitude fitting
他们就应该从奴役中解脱
once the purchase price has been earned back.
伯努瓦 我答应过你什么
What have I promised you, Benoit?
七年后我将能恢复自♥由♥身 杰伊先生
I shall be freed after seven years, Mr. Jay.
只要满足一定的条件 你就能
And so you shall, assuming that certain conditions are met.
我们到了
We're here.
当然 他按照自己的喜好安排事情
He has arranged things just to his liking, of course.
他不付房♥租 把他的债务 当作无关紧要的提议
He pays no rent. Treats his debts as mere suggestions.
他的孙子像只傲慢公鸡一样四处游荡
The grandson gads about like some cock of the walk
却自称是他的秘书
whilst calling himself his secretary.
更重要的是 他被凡尔赛宫的 “主子们”迷住了
And more to the point, he's enthralled to his masters at Versailles.
我强烈敦促你抱以最大的 怀疑态度看待他说的每一句话
I strongly urge you to regard his every utterance with the greatest skepticism.
你认为是不是因为他老了
You believe him diminished by age?
我认为他一开始
I believe he should never have been entrusted
就不应该被委以重任
with the commission to begin with.
难道我们在约克镇取得胜利 只为了在法国国王面前屈膝
Did we win at Yorktown only to bend our knee before a French king?
我们也是奉命行事
We have been instructed to do so.
但你真打算按命令行事
But do you mean to follow those instructions?
原则上是
In spirit.
但不一定得真正做
But not necessarily in letter.
我亲爱的富兰克林博士
My good Dr. Franklin.
杰伊先生
Mr. Jay.
你是来减轻某位疲乏之人的担子
Have you come here to relieve a weary man of his burden?
不是的 先生
No, sir.
但奉国会之命 我是来 协助你达成和平协议的
But, by the will of Congress, I am here to aid you in the making of peace.
- 你的计划是 - 付出少、收获多
- What do you have in mind? - To give away little and gain much.
这正是我想的
My intentions precisely.
你有话要说
Something you wish to say?
我已经说过了
I have already said it.
亚当斯先生认为我太迁就我们的盟友了
Mr. Adams thinks me too accommodating of our allies.
他应该跟你说了吧
Possibly he mentioned it.
若迎合所有的人 最终将交不到朋友
To be everyone's friend is to be no one's.
这是个你永远不会面临的困境
A dilemma that you'll never be burdened by.
- 我来这儿不是为了获得他人的喜爱 - 你在这方面取得的成功令人钦佩
- I did not come here to be liked. - Well, you have succeeded admirably.
也许我们明天才见会比较好
Perhaps it would be better to meet tomorrow.
胡扯...我已经为我们准备了晚餐
Nonsense. Nonsense. I've set out a dinner for us here.
我们所需要的...
That's all we need to--
- 博士 你怎么啦 - 只是阵刺痛
- Doctor? - Just a twinge.
- 是... - 是否需要...
- It's... - Do you require--
我没事...
I'm fine. I'm fine.
来点烤肉和上好的波特酒 如何
Will you agree to parlay a roast and a good port?
- 我愿意妥协 各让一步 - 我们进去
- I would consent to meet them halfway. - Shall we?
你的人需要吃吗
Does your man need to eat?
不晓得
I wouldn't know.
你一定很高兴吧
You must be pleased with yourself.
为何这么说
Why is that?
英军投降了 你的付出有了回报
The British surrendered. You got what you paid for.
或者我该说 你“洗劫国库”的目的
Or should I say, what you ransacked the treasury for.
说得好像这事跟你无关似的
As if you had nothing to do with it.
“在地球另一边玩玩具兵”的可不是我
I'm not playing with toy soldiers halfway across the world.
我只负责钱的部分
I just count the money.
是你跟国王说不用花一分钱的
You told the king it wouldn't cost a sou.
但钱是你花的
But you're the one who spent it.
你到底想说什么
Your point?
你认为你的美国能带来利润
You think this America of yours will turn a profit?
让所有的财富流回法兰西
And all that gold flows back to France?
是个博得过的赌注
It's a reasonable bet.
要是下错注呢
What if you're wrong?
万一美国人和英国人 直接谈协议 把我们撇开呢
What if the Americans and the British make their own deal and cut us out of it?
- 没征得我们的同意 他们什么都做不了 - 是吗
- They can do nothing without our consent. - Oh, really?
在不被抓到的情况下完成 你还会这么做吗
Is that what you'd do if you could get away with it?
内克尔 你真是个狡猾的小帮凶
You're a sly little conniver, Necker.
你不也是
And you're not?
我们国家可能会因此破产
This country could go bankrupt, you know.
这将不会是件好事
That wouldn't turn out well.
对你我来说
For either of us.
非常好 各位先生 让我们速战速决吧
Very well, gentlemen. Let's get this meeting over with.
都说了博马舍在观众席里
I'm telling you Beaumarchais was in the audience.
- 我没看见他 - 他在最后一幕之前离开了
- I didn't notice him. - He left before the last scene.
那他就去死吧
Then he can go fuck himself.
你觉得他是来看你的
You think he came to see you?
有什么不可能 我是这剧团里唯一有才能的人
Why not? I'm the only one in this company with any talent.
我还是国王的“阴囊”呢
And I'm the king's ball sack.
(给我的女王鞠躬)
I BOW BEFORE MY QUEEN.
(砷酊)
TINCTURE OF ARSENIC
奥黛特 有人找你
Odette, you have a visitor.
稍等
Just a moment.
请进
Enter.
真有绅士范儿
What a gentleman.
几乎认不出你了
I'd hardly recognize you.
收到花了吗
You got the flowers?
是你送的
Are they from you?
你真好
How kind.
你值得收到比这更好的东西
It's nothing compared to what you deserve.
很有心 你送花给我真是太暖心了
It's very sweet. And you're very sweet to give them to me.
即使是整个世界 只要你想要 我都愿意给
I'd give you the world if that's what you wanted.
我为何需要整个世界
What would I do with such a gift?
你想要什么都行
Anything you'd like.
我每时每刻都在想你
I think about you all the time.
我不可能值得你这么做
I can't possibly be worth it.
那你呢
What about you?
有想我吗
Do you think about me?
听我说
Now, you need to listen.
待会儿有人会来 你得回避一下
Someone's coming here and we'll need to be alone.
明白吗
Do you understand?
如果我不愿意呢
What if I don't like that?
你可以跟他来个单挑
You could challenge him to a duel.
但如果你输了 我会很难过
But I'd be very unhappy if you lost.
我不会输的
I wouldn't lose.
那就更糟了
That would be even worse.
什么意思
What do you mean?
博马舍先生今晚来看演出了
Monsieur Beaumarchais was here tonight.
他不停地称赞我的表现
He couldn't stop raving about my performance.
是我邀请他来的
I invited him to visit.
他的新剧里有个角色 所以...
There's a part in his new play, and...
你也不想我失去这个机会 对吧
You don't want to spoil that for me, do you?
那我什么时候能见你
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表