剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
先生们 我所做的...如果我在做...
Gentlemen, whatever I do-- If I was doing it--
是征得了国王同意的
I do with the king's consent.
那他为何没告诉我们?
Then why hasn't he told us about it?
答案似乎不言而喻
That seems a question that answers itself.
你在虚张声势
You're bluffing.
是吗?
Am I?
要不我们去见陛下 直接问他?相信他不会介意
Shall we go see His Majesty and ask him directly? I'm sure he won't mind.
我听说巴士底狱里有个不错的小图书馆
I hear there's a good little library in the Bastille.
让囚犯们有事可做
To keep the prisoners occupied.
凡尔赛宫保证了美国的独♥立♥
Versailles guarantees America's independence
条件是英法宣战
on the condition of a declaration of war between France and England.
这是我们最想听到的
That is a most welcome point.
我也这么认为
Well, I should expect so.
只不过 如果不宣战...
Only, if no war is declared...
你说什么?
I'm sorry?
你的顾虑是?
What is your concern?
如果不宣战 法兰西将可继续 与英格兰进行贸易往来
If no war is declared, France can go right on trading with England
而我们将会彻底被英军摧毁
while the British army sees to our utter destruction.
所以你想要的是?
And so you want?
一个保证
A guarantee.
以保证那个保证?
Of the guarantee?
是的
Yes.
那这保证的保证 应采取什么形式来进行呢?
And what form should this guaranteed guarantee take?
黄金永远具有说服力
Gold is always persuasive.
多少黄金?
How much gold?
六百万里弗尔的贷款
Six million livre.
A six million livre loan.
是六百万里弗尔的献礼
A six million livre gift.
我们给你们六百万里弗尔 而你们...
We give you six million livre and you...
使用它
Spend it.
你们会希望我们战胜 不是吗?
Well, you do want us to win, don't you?
坦普尔少爷 把这写下来吧
Write it down, Master Temple.
别装了 老兄
Come off it, man.
你我都知道国王马车里所谈论的内容
You and I both know what's being spoken about in the king's carriages.
但女王的马车呢?
But what about the queen's carriages?
那你就是想当着我的面撒谎
It's your intention then to lie to my face.
大使先生 “撒谎”是最不礼貌的词
"Lie." The most impolitic word, Mr. Ambassador.
你不承认自己在和叛乱分子密谋
You deny that you're plotting with the insurgents
使英格兰失去它的合法领地?
to sever England from her rightful possession?
又来 “密谋”
Again. "Plotting."
天啊 老兄
Good god, man.
你看不出富兰克林在耍我们俩吗?
Can't you see that Franklin is playing us both for fools?
他并没有与任何人谈判的实权
He has no authority to negotiate with anyone.
那你就没理由可担心了 无论结果如何
Then you should have no cause for concern, whatever the outcome.
- 抱歉 先生 但... - 国王要你觐见
- Pardon, sir, but-- - The king requests your presence.
现在?
Right now?
斯托蒙特先生
Monsieur Stormont,
很遗憾 我不得不提早结束我们的会面
I regret I must conclude our interview prematurely.
先生 你得给我个答复
Sir. I demand an answer.
或许我们很快就会有答复了
We both may have one shortly.
我们的小事业 一天天地悄悄进行着 对吧?
Day by day our little undertakings creep along, don't they?
然后 突然之间...
And then, all at once...
陛下 很出色的金属制品
Splendid bit of metalwork, Your Majesty.
莫勒帕伯爵和内克尔先生跟我谈过话
Count Maurepas and Monsieur Necker have been chatting with me.
陛下 是吗?
Have they, sire?
君主政体与叛军结盟 试图推♥翻♥国王
A monarchy allying itself with a rebel army, seeking to overthrow a king.
这观念一旦放任自流 将会有何后果?
Where will that notion lead, once it is set loose?
未来没人能预测
No man can predict the future.
他当然无法预测自己的未来
Certainly not his own.
我信赖我的部长们的建议
I rely on the counsel of my ministers.
我如果无法信任他们 还有什么解决方案?
If I cannot trust them, what remedy do I have?
你可是国王
You are the king.
解决方案在于你
All remedies are yours.
我希望受到人们的爱戴
I should like the people to love me.
但我不认为成立共和国是个好主意
But I don't think a republic is a terribly good idea.
我希望有生之年都不会看到
I hope never to see one myself.
与美国人结盟
Make an alliance with the Americans.
给英国佬一个永生难忘的教训
And teach the rosbifs a lesson they won't forget.
满意吧?
Pleased with yourselves?
你们跟他说了什么?
What did you tell him?
可以在不增税的情况下获得资金开战
That a war could be financed without raising taxes.
这就是他想听的
That's all he wanted to hear.
这让你我处于有利地位 不是吗?
Makes you and me look good, doesn't it?
怎么啦?
Yes?
你穿的是什么?
What are you wearing?
有点报复的意思
A little bit of revenge.
谁?
Who is it?
- 坦普尔少爷 是我 - 进来吧
- It's me, Master Temple. - Come in.
好的
Yes.
请原谅我的打扰 工作进展顺利吗?
Forgive the interruption. The work goes well?
快要完成了
Almost finished.
你的字写得真好 年轻人
You have a fine hand, young man.
我敢说比你祖父的还要好
I dare say better than your grandfather's.
本来不想打扰你的
I wouldn't have disturbed you otherwise,
但富兰克林博士已就寝
but Dr. Franklin's retired for the evening,
有些文件却还需要他签字
and certain dispatches still require his signature.
我...希望你能同意代他签字
I-I was hoping you'd agree to sign on his behalf.
- 没问题 - 好的 谢谢
- Of course. - Yes. Thank you.
所有的事都通过了?
It's all been agreed to then?
只要国会批准
Should Congress approve.
好的
Yes.
我们期待明天能全面了解凡尔赛宫
Now, we do expect a full account of Versailles tomorrow,
特别是你所感兴趣的女士
with particular regard to ladies' necklines.
我会尽力而为
I will do my best.
“我对我最亲爱的父亲的忠诚 他被残酷地囚禁着...”
"My devotion to my dearest father, cruelly imprisoned..."
这是个不错的细节
It's a nice touch.
“迫使我谴责所有自称爱国者和憎恶者”...
"...compels me to denounce all who call themselves patriots and abhor"--
他憎恶这事 不是吗?
He abhors it, does he?
“他们如此非法煽动的叛乱”
"...the rebellion they so unlawfully foment."
真是个叛国高手
Quite the knack for treason.
我猜你这话是在赞美我
I suppose you mean that as a compliment.
记住 祖父 千万别戴这帽子
Remember, Grandfather. Never wear the hat--
把它夹在腋下 知道了...
Carry it under the arm. Yes. Yes.
我不会让你难堪的
I won't embarrass you.
美国万岁
Long live America!
富兰克林博士 第一次见面 幸会
Dr. Franklin, what a pleasure to meet you for the first time.
韦尔热讷伯爵 不知怎么的 我感觉我们是老朋友了
Somehow, Count Vergennes, I feel like we are old friends.
这里的访客按习俗是要佩剑的
It is customary for visitors here to wear swords.
不过 就你的情况而言 还是算了
However, in your case, better to forgo it.
先生们 请跟我来
If you will please follow me, gentlemen.
他看起来不像个大使
He doesn't look like an ambassador.
连假发都没戴
He's not even wearing a wig.
富兰克林博士 你的剑呢?
Where is your sword, Dr. Franklin?
发现电的人现已让两大♥陆♥“并出火花”了
The man who discovered electricity has now electrified two continents.
请允许博马舍有幸成为第一时间
Allow Beaumarchais the privilege to be among the first
祝贺美国新任大使的人之一
to congratulate America's new ambassador.
我为你因为我们而受伤这事感到遗憾
I regret the injuries suffered on our behalf.
这一切都不再需要了 但这事的确引起轰动
All this is no longer necessary, but the effect is sensational.
美国联合殖民地的议会代表
The deputy of the United Colonies of America,
本杰明富兰克林先生
Monsieur Benjamin Franklin.
陛下 请允许我介绍本杰明富兰克林博士
Your Majesty, permit me to present Dr. Benjamin Franklin
和他的孙子威廉坦普尔富兰克林
and his grandson, William Temple Franklin.
陛下
Your Majesty.
富兰克林博士 请向国会转达我的友谊之情
Please assure your Congress of my friendship, Dr. Franklin.
我希望我们的联盟...
I hope our alliance...
对我们两国都有好处
will be good for both our countries.
陛下可以相信国会的感激之情
Your Majesty may rely on the gratitude of Congress
和其对承诺的忠诚
and her fidelity to her engagements.
我想那就这样吧 很好
That's that then, I suppose.
陛下 可否允许我补充一点?
May I add, sire?
若所有君主制国家 都按照你心中的原则来治理
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表