剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
我们肯定会在这方面设好底线
We would definitely draw the line at that.
这次的对话将绝对保密
This conversation never happened.
我一上午都在外面独自骑马
I was out riding all morning myself.
勒诺瓦先生 要来杯咖啡吗?
Coffee, Monsieur Lenoir?
不 谢了 夫人
No, thank you, Madame.
咖啡使我兴奋
It makes me excitable.
他为何总在我吃早饭的时候来?
Why does he always come when I'm eating breakfast?
因为你允许他这么做
Because you let him.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
当心别让你对他的需要超过他对你的需要
Be careful you don't wind up needing him more than he needs you.
陛下 问题是 法兰西要怎样 才能在荣誉上让步
The question, Your Majesty, is what France may yield in honor
而又不会太有损尊严
without too much loss of dignity.
伦敦建议双方保留各自占领的领土
London proposes each side retain the territory they occupy
以此来结束战争
at the end of hostilities.
富兰克林博士是否知道此休战提议?
Has Dr. Franklin been informed of this proposed truce?
在这件事上 和我直接交涉的人是诺斯勋爵
In this matter, I am dealing directly with Lord North.
我想提醒莫勒帕伯爵 我们与美国签订的条约保证了它的独♥立♥
I remind Count Maurepas that our treaty with America guarantees its independence.
还是能独♥立♥
And independent it will be.
至少对于他们还拥有的领土而言
The bits they haven't lost, at least.
首席部长打算什么时候告知我
When did the first minister intend to inform me
你与伦敦方面的讨论?
of his discussions with London?
我没义务禀告外♥交♥部♥长
I am under no obligations to the foreign minister.
我只需要对陛下和法兰西交代
My responsibility is to His Majesty and to France.
我们不能为一场我们 赢不了的战争继续发放贷款
We can't keep floating loans for a war we aren't winning.
陛下 法兰西已经展示了实力
France has made its point, sire.
我们必须与敌人谈和
We must come to terms with the enemy.
我愿意服从陛下的任何决定
I am willing to abide by whatever Your Majesty decides.
但…
But--
我需要书面指示
I will need the order in writing.
你说“书面”?
Did you say "in writing"?
如果法兰西要退出战争 必须由你签字同意 陛下
If France is to quit the war, it must be under your signature, sire.
别
Don't do that.
是我欠你的
I owe it to you.
为了什么?
For what?
违背你的意愿
Going against your wishes.
我对这个计划没有异议
I had no objections to the scheme.
只是执行上太草率
Only the rashness of the execution…
还有召我孙子加入这事
and the recruitment of my grandson.
-还是我的责任 -他人在哪儿?
-I have no excuse. -Where is he?
他在凡尔赛宫离开了我们 那以后就没见过他
He left us at Versailles. I have not seen him since.
侯爵 我对那孩子另有安排 你明白吗?
I have plans for that boy, marquis. Do you understand this?
无意冒犯 博士 但我不认为他是个孩子
With respect, doctor, I do not think him a boy,
而必须明白这点的人不是我
and I am not the one who must understand.
你觉得国王喜欢你吗?
Would you say that the king likes you?
他不会想勒死我
He did not have me strangled.
我需要你去和他谈谈
I need you to speak with him.
必须有船只在海上阻挡英军 在陆地上与他们作战
There must be ships to block the English at sea, men to fight them on land,
趁现在还来得及
before it's too late.
为何不拜托韦尔热讷伯爵?
Why not ask this of le comte de Vergennes?
我的“好朋友”亚当斯先生让我难以开口
My good friend Mr. Adams has made that quite difficult.
我们开辟一条新战线?
We open a new front?
如何?换个方式战斗?
Yes? We fight a different way?
先生 你对战场非常有研究
You have a keen grasp of the field, sir.
我去见他
I go to him…
说服他
I convince him…
让他给我指挥权
He gives me the command.
当然 坦普尔会回来的 你等着
Temple will return. You will see.
我逃离了我哥 就再也没回来
I fled my brother and never came back.
那年我17岁
I was 17.
是最好的选择 不是吗?
Was that not for the best?
莫勒帕 看看到目前为止 我们共花了多少钱
Just look what it's cost so far, Maurepas.
还不知什么时候才是个头
And no end in sight.
你打算怎么做?
How would you arrange it?
把这一切都怪罪于韦尔热讷
Pin it all on Vergennes.
毕竟这是他的烂摊子
It's his mess after all.
那我们的名声将不会受损
And we come out smelling clean.
我们稍后再讨论 嗯?
We'll discuss it later, hmm?
快点 是莫勒帕先生
Quickly! It's Monsieur Maurepas.
-还有呼吸吗? -不确定
-Is he breathing? -I'm not sure.
他的心脏停止了?
His heart gave out?
你确定?百分百确定?
You're sure? Absolutely sure?
是的 除非复活
Barring resurrection, yes.
他已经死了
He's quite dead.
好的
Well, then.
这是个不可错过的好机会
We mustn't pass up this opportunity.
那你现在应该是宫廷的首席部长了吧?
Am I to assume that you'll now be first minister to the court?
如果国王陛下觉得合适
If His Majesty sees fit.
请允许我成为首个向你表示祝贺的人
May I be the first to offer my congratulations.
我们俩都摆脱了麻烦同事的干扰
We have both been freed from the interference of troublesome colleagues.
恐怕亚当斯先生并不会
Well, I fear that Mr. Adams's absence may not be as
像莫勒帕伯爵那样永远消失
permanent as that of Count Maurepas.
那我们得迅速行动
Then we must act with dispatch.
首席部长先生 如果你邀请我前来
If you've invited me here to seek my acceptance of a truce,
是要我答应休战 那恐怕要让你失望了
Monsieur First Minister, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disappoint you.
你消息非常灵通
You are remarkably well-informed.
我是猜的 但现在你证实了此事
I'm just guessing. But now you told me.
休战将结束战争和其开支
A truce would end the war and the expense.
但并不能保证我们的独♥立♥ 而这才是最重要的
But it would not secure our independence, and that's all that matters.
对你而言是这样
To you.
下一次的募款必须是最后一次 在那之后 我就帮不了你了
The next campaign must be the last. After that, I cannot help you.
而这次…资助的数目大约是…
And this-- this helping might amount to…
应该是另一笔六百万里弗尔
Another six million livres, possibly.
赠送
A gift.
是贷款 最后一次的贷款
A loan. A final loan.
只提供金钱并不能达到目的
Money by itself will not achieve the purpose.
我得向你要…
I must ask you for--
战列舰、护卫舰 还有大概五千名步兵?
Ships of the line, frigates and, let us say, 5,000 infantry?
你的消息也很灵通
You are well-informed yourself.
我也是猜的
I'm just guessing too.
没有这些我们就赢不了
We cannot win without them.
那得由国王决定
That would be up to the king.
我能否要求你帮忙说服他
Might I hope that you make the case?
一直以来 我都依赖你的支持
I have ever relied on your favor.
亚当斯先生是来硬的 对吗? 你采用的是较温和的方法
Mr. Adams is the fist, yes? And you are the glove.
吉恩 吉恩仔
Jean! Jean-Jean!
雅克先生
Monsieur Jacques.
我刚在倒粪桶
I was just emptying the pots.
不用说 亲爱的老牛
Of course you were, you dear old ox.
没人告诉我你要来 房♥子还没准备好
No one told me you were coming. The house isn't ready.
没事 吉恩仔
Don't worry about that, Jean-Jean.
我们是来这里享受乡村的朴素乐趣
We're here for the simple joys of the countryside.
呼吸新鲜空气 跟老实的基♥督♥徒联谊
To breathe fresh air. To look honest Christians in the eye…
还有…我们来这里做什么?
To… What are we here for?
做♥爱♥做的事
To fuck and kill!
做♥爱♥做的事
To fuck and kill!
别听他的 他没教养
Don't listen to him. He's got no manners.
大家安静
All of you shut up!
这位是意大利歌♥剧演员 奥黛特卡约小姐
May I introduce Mademoiselle Odette Caillot of the Comédie-Italienne.
-先生 -先生…他不是先生 他是吉恩仔
-Sir. -Sir! Sir! He's not sir, he's Jean-Jean.
我想给你介绍个人 坦普尔在哪里?
I want you to meet someone. Where's Temple?
坦普尔
Temple!
-嗨 -嗨
-Hey! -Hey!
坦普尔
Temple!
快过来…坦普尔
Come on! Come on, Temple!
吉恩仔 知道你眼前这人是谁吗?
Jean-Jean, you know what you're looking at here?
一个年轻人?
A young gentleman?
一个美国人 你知道是什么吗?
An American. Do you know what that is?
突厥族之类的?
A sort of Turk?
是一个自♥由♥的人 他没有主人
A free man. No one is his master!
他的生命、命运 都由自己主宰
His life, his fate, are his own!
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表