剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
他没这么聪明
He's not that smart.
你确定?
Are you sure?
有什么风险?
What are the risks?
耻辱、流放、监狱
Disgrace. Exile. Prison.
应该就是这些
I think that covers it.
至于回报呢?
And the rewards?
法兰西赢了 英国人输了 还有...
France wins. The English lose. And--
你获得成功
You succeed.
我该怎么做?
What should I do?
我亲爱的夏尔
Charles, my dear,
你已经有决定了
you've already decided.
你不过是想我告诉你你的决定是对的
You just want me to tell you you're right.
我会让杰拉德出面办这事
I'll have Gérard handle it.
这样就有代罪羔羊了
That way there's someone else to blame.
那么 谁能想到 要让英国人对你刮目相看
Well, who would have thought all it took to make the English appreciate you
就只需俘获它的六千名士兵?
was to capture 6,000 of their soldiers?
把马德拉酒堆起来 让他看到
Stack up the Madeira so he can see it.
好的
Right.
他到了
He's here.
先招呼着他
Keep him occupied.
你...到底要上哪儿?
W-Where the devil are you going?
(我完全精通了性快♥感♥的微妙艺术)
I BECAME FULLY VERSED IN THE NUANCED ART OF SEXUAL PLEASURE
坦普尔
Temple.
- 孩子 我知道你在里面 - 我在忙
- I know you're in there, boy. - I'm busy.
我进来了
I'm coming in.
- 你在干吗? - 阅读
- What are you doing? - Reading.
- 书呢? - 读完了
- I don't see any book. - I finished it.
那你并不是在阅读
Then you're not reading.
你找我有什么事?
What do you want?
我们最近常争论不休
We have been rather disputatious with each other of late.
有吗?
Have we?
我对你的所有指示 都只是希望
Whatever I might instruct, it is only in the hope
在我离世后 你在这世上能有更好的前景
that you have bettered your prospects in this world after I have passed from it.
你需要我帮你做事 对吧?
You need me to do something, don't you?
穿上件像样的外套 快点
Put on a decent coat and hurry up.
杰拉德先生 欢迎光临我们的小旅馆
Monsieur Gérard. Welcome to our petite hôtel.
是我的荣幸 博士
The pleasure is mine, Doctor.
这是份小小心意 以表达我们国家的善意
A small gesture of our nation's goodwill.
优质的小瓶装雅文邑
A nice little Armagnac.
太有心了
Oh, most thoughtful.
班克罗夫特 能否...
Bancroft, would you...
当然
Of course.
韦尔热讷部长希望转达他的... 这是芝士吗?
Minister Vergennes wishes to convey his-- Is that cheese?
是斯蒂尔顿芝士 今午刚从德比郡送来的
Stilton. Just arrived this afternoon from Derbyshire.
价格不菲 我怎能拒绝呢?
Quite extravagant. How could I refuse?
你一定得尝尝
Now, you really must try this.
谢谢你了 但我向来不喜欢英国芝士
I thank you, but English cheese has never been to my liking.
那就不勉强了
As you please.
韦尔热讷部长希望转达他的...
Minister Vergennes wishes to convey his--
最奇怪的是...我好像记得你告诉过我
You know, the oddest thing... I seem to recall you telling me
贵国陛下希望我们先成功取得独♥立♥
that His Majesty preferred that we win our independence
再进行任何谈判
before entering into any negotiations.
陛下 确切地说 韦尔热讷部长...
His Majesty, that is to say, Minister Vergennes--
- 你应该认识我的秘书 - 你的秘...
- I believe you know my secretary. - Your secre--
我希望你不会反对 他给我们的谈话做会议记录
I hope you will not object to him taking the minutes of our interview.
这样就能避免产生误解
Just so there can be no misunderstandings.
当然
Of course.
- 坦普尔少爷 - 先生
- Master Temple. - Monsieur.
对了 你刚才说...请坐...
Anyway, you were saying-- Please, please, please.
韦尔热讷部长...
The Minister Vergennes...
在我们开始前
Before we begin,
我必须要求你保证 不对外泄露我们的讨论内容
I must exact your promise not to advertise any piece of our discussion.
在巴黎这地方 没什么事能保密太久
Nothing remains secret in Paris for very long.
尽管如此
Nonetheless.
好吧
Very well.
坦普尔少爷 你呢?
And you, Master Temple?
我保证不会说
You have my promise.
我想我得去赶完那些信件
I suppose I'll go catch up on the correspondence.
有什么是法兰西能提供
What may France offer to prevent America
来阻止美国被英格兰的 虚假和平承诺所诱惑呢?
from being seduced by the promise of a false peace with England?
你是知道的 打从我来到贵国后
You are aware that since my arrival in this country,
我一直主张缔结友好和商业条约 但至今这条约却尚未缔结?
I have advocated for a treaty of amity and commerce, which is not yet concluded?
我知道
I am.
缔结这一条约 美国就会考虑
Conclude that treaty, and America will consider closing her ears
对任何不能保证其独♥立♥的提议充耳不闻
to any proposals that do not guarantee her independence.
凡尔赛宫准备在这些条件下 与你们签订条约
Versailles is prepared to offer you a treaty on those terms.
相关文件几天内就能交予你
The necessary documents can be yours in a matter of days.
到那时我们就能讨论第二项条约了
At which point we can discuss the second treaty.
什么?
The what?
一项以军事联盟来团结我们两国的条约
One that binds our countries together in a military alliance.
不... 你这是在...
No, no, no, no, no. You are--
不能“将犁置于牛前”
You can't put the plow before the oxen.
我们会说“将马车置于马前“
We say putting the cart before the horse.
随你们怎么说 这不能成为谈判条件
Say it as you like. This cannot be a condition.
这么说 我们终究还是得靠自己了
So, we are to be left to our own devices after all.
这样的话 先生 我...
In that case, monsieur, I--
如果是给美国的防御 增加武器 这倒是可以讨论的
If the question is raising arms in America's defense, this may be discussed.
是讨论过了还是同意了?
Discussed or agreed upon?
公开宣战是不可能的
An open declaration of war is out of the question.
必须由英格兰挑起战争
England must be the one to commence hostilities.
一旦我们之间的协议被公开 这情况就会发生
Which it will the moment any arrangement between us is publicly proclaimed.
无论哪种情况 结果都是一样的
In either case, the result is the same.
你如果希望说服陛下相信结盟是...
If you wish to convince His Majesty that an alliance is--
他还没被说服吗?
Is he not already convinced?
就像我说的 友谊、贸易...
As I've said, friendship, trade--
你是否被授权谈判?
Are you not authorized to negotiate?
我没被授权发动战争
I am not authorized to start a war.
但你已经这么做了
But you've already done so.
我们只是在决定如何以及何时开始
We are simply determining how and when it will begin.
我...
I--
我得咨♥询♥韦尔热讷部长的意见
I will have to consult with Minister Vergennes.
当然可以 但我建议你赶紧些
Well, by all means, but I suggest you make haste.
请带上些芝士吧
Please take some cheese with you.
他们为何不让你知道 谈判内容?他对你起疑了?
Why aren't you privy to the negotiations? Does he suspect you?
是那个法国人 他不同意
It was the Frenchman. He wasn't having any of it.
你能拿到那男孩所写的记录吗?
Can you get your hands on the boy's notes?
富兰克林少爷比他祖父谨慎多了
Master Franklin's more careful than his grandfather.
我们雇佣你不是让你找借口的 想办法
You're not paid for excuses. Find a way.
假设他们签订了一项条约
Suppose a treaty is made.
比如那孩子手里的那一份被送到了伦敦
Say a copy in the boy's hand found its way to London
在它被发送去美国之前
before it could be dispatched to America.
让别人把他视为犹大山羊
And paint him as the Judas goat.
- 不 我不是这意思...其实... - 不...有人找到了一封信
- Well, no. I wasn't think-- Actually-- - No, no, no, no. A letter is found.
在信中 他表示对他父亲 和英国王室永远忠诚
In it he professes undying loyalty to his father and the British Crown.
我...他绝不会这么写的
Well, I-- He'd never write such a thing.
这孩子不喜欢受约束 但他不是...
I mean, the boy is obstreperous but he's not--
卖♥♥♥国♥♥贼♥?
A traitor?
不需要他来写 只需要他签名
He doesn't have to write it. He only has to sign it.
那老家伙将会崩溃
Well, that will crush the old fellow.
难道不仅要击败他 还要他遭受羞辱?
Must he be dishonored as well as defeated?
对一个人来说 这还不是最糟糕的事
It's hardly the worst that can happen to a man.
记住这一点
Do well to remember that.
- 宣战 - 对此 他相当厚颜无♥耻♥
- A declaration of war. - He was quite brazen about it.
等他“搞完” 我们都得背起火枪了
He'll have us all carrying muskets by the time he's done.
我该如何回复他?
What do I answer?
就说你会与我商议此事
That you will confer with me.
这不是我现在正在做的吗?
Isn't that what I'm doing now?
不是 我们现在只是谈话而已
Non. Now we're only talking.
等我咨♥询♥了陛下 我们再商议
We can confer after I've advised His Majesty.
伯爵先生
Monsieur le Comte.
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表