剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
Well then--
你...
You--
很好
Good.
他...走了?
I-Is he gone?
他正朝他的马车走去
He's heading for his carriage.
我的咖啡凉了
And now my coffee's cold.
这是边吃边工作的后果
That's what happens if you work while you eat.
你认为勒诺瓦先生如何自娱自乐?
How do you suppose Monsieur Lenoir amuses himself?
不晓得
I don't know.
以“受苦孩子们的眼泪”取乐?
Drinking the tears of children?
能让阿亚兹给我准备我的红锦缎吗?
Could you have Ayaz lay out my red brocade?
你要去见谁?
Who are you meeting with?
你说呢?
Who do you think?
那就别穿那件
Well, don't wear that.
那穿什么?
Then what?
天鹅绒
The velvet.
配上豹皮
With the leopard fur.
你穿起来总显得好看
You always look good in it.
陛下 我相信富兰克林博士
I believe, Your Majesty, that Dr. Franklin has come
是来说服我们加入他们 对抗英国
to persuade us to join America's fight against England.
上次战争让我们失去了加拿大 以及我们密西西比东部的...
The last war cost us Canada and all our territory east of the--
所有领土 陛下
Mississippi, Your Majesty.
更不用说我们在印度的资产了
To say nothing of our possessions in India.
还有两千万里弗尔的债务
And 20 million livres in debt.
我们现在为何要当雇佣兵?
Why should we play mercenary now?
通过接纳这个新国家 来削弱我们敌人的实力
To cripple our enemy by embracing this new nation.
如何削弱?
With what?
英国控制着海洋
England controls the seas.
我们的海军正在恢复其原有的军力
Our navy is being rebuilt to its former strength.
第一部长知道这一点
The first minister knows that.
美国人输定了
The Americans have no chance of winning.
外♥交♥部♥长也知道这一点
And the foreign minister knows that.
他们有可能获胜
They can win.
如果有我们的支持
With our backing.
这些叛乱分子是否可靠?
Are these insurgents reliable?
他们是政♥治♥外行 对世界一无所知
They are political amateurs who know nothing of the world.
他们至少懂得寻求我们的帮助
They know enough to seek our help.
而我们可以利用这点从中获利
And we can use them to our advantage.
法国应该与所有国家为友 但不该跟任何人结盟
France should be everyone's friend, but no one's ally.
就让英国和美国自相残杀吧
Let Britain and America destroy each other.
英国想消灭我们
England seeks our ruin.
这是个夺走他们商贸的机会 让他们尝尝屈服的滋味
Here's a chance to seize her trade and make her taste submission.
也许你被那些关于自♥由♥的言论所影响了
Perhaps all this talk of liberty has turned your head.
我并不在乎自♥由♥ 陛下
I have no care for liberty, Your Majesty.
只在乎法国
Only for France.
不允许你代表我们 和富兰克林博士进行任何联♥系♥
You will have nothing to do with Dr. Franklin on our behalf.
希望陛下可以...
If Your Majesty might--
你可以退下了 弗金斯伯爵
You may leave us now, Count Vergennes.
陛下
Sire.
我没说错 是阿玛维瓦伯爵
I was right! It was the comte Almaviva.
我想是那个淘气的费加罗
I think it's the mischievous Figaro.
大人 正是在下
The man himself, my lord.
啊 费加罗 我的朋友
Ah, my friend, Figaro!
要是我们能交换身份就好了
Would that we could exchange places.
大人可认识有哪个主人 能做好贴身男仆的工作吗?
Does Your Excellency know many masters who would make good valets?
台词是“能配拥有贴身男仆?”
The line is, "who would be worthy of valets?"
“能配拥有贴身男仆?”
"Who would be worthy of valets?"
把台词念得准确些
Say the words precisely!
我如果要你即兴发挥 就会告诉你该怎么说
When I want you to improvise, I will tell you what to say!
请再来一遍
Again, please.
这是个闭门排演
This is a closed rehearsal.
请立刻离开
Remove yourself at once.
你是...
You are...
我是
I am.
你大驾光临 有何贵干?
To what do I owe this honor?
我想在排演结束后跟你单独谈谈
I was hoping for a private word after the rehearsal.
出去
Get out!
富兰克林博士 我们其实很相似
We are very similar, you know, Dr. Franklin.
是吗?
Really?
如何相似?
How so?
你是位作家
You are a writer.
博马舍也是位作家
Beaumarchais is a writer.
博马舍是戏剧界的新人
Beaumarchais is something new in the world of theater.
你则是人类世界里的新人
You are something new in the world of men.
你是位美国人
You are an American.
就因为这原因 博马舍很喜欢你
And for this, Beaumarchais loves you.
若我利用你的这份喜欢 希望你不会觉得我自以为是
I hope you will not think me forward if I trade on that affection.
不 博马舍愿意任你蹂躏
Ah, no. Beaumarchais is yours to ravage.
我这么说对吗?
Do I say this correctly?
说得对
You do!
很对 我对这提议很感兴趣
You do. And I am most intrigued by the offer.
- 班克罗夫特医生还没... - 是个了不起的人
- Dr. Bancroft isn't yet-- - Ah, a splendid man.
他并未提及我的...
He said nothing of my--
只说了你在凡尔赛宫颇有地位
Only that you're a person of some standing in Versailles.
我是国王的秘书
I am secretary to the king
以及追捕法庭的中将
and lieutenant general of the Chase of the Tribunal.
卢浮宫大院也在我的管辖范围
And bailiwick of the Warren of the Louvre.
我自己也不知道是什么意思
I don't know what it means either.
说说看 外♥交♥部♥长弗金斯 是个什么样的人?
Tell me, what sort of man is Foreign Minister Vergennes?
什么样的?
What sort?
看到我们所在的地方吗?
You see where we are?
在这里 你前一晚扮演的或许是情人
Here, one night, you may play the lover.
而下一晚 有可能是国王
The next, a king.
在那之后 又或许是扮演乞丐
After that, a beggar.
但你到底是谁?
But who are you really?
你是当下角色要求你成为的人
You are what the role requires you to be.
我们完全了解彼此
We understand each other perfectly.
我请你背下这些
I ask you to commit that to memory.
这些内容我没有向任何其他人透露过
I've divulged its contents to no one.
连我的同事也不知道
Not even my associates.
你可以完全放心 博马舍将绝对保密
You may count on Beaumarchais's absolute discretion.
100吨♥火♥药♥ 十万里弗尔
100 tons of powder, 100,000 livres.
八万条毯子、五万六千里弗尔
80,000 blankets, 56,000 livres.
100吨♥硝石、十一万里弗尔
100 tons of saltpeter, 110,000 livres.
八艘军舰、七百七十三万里弗尔
Eight ships of the line, 7,730,000 livres.
美国的情况比我担心的还要糟糕
The American situation is worse than I feared.
在我看来 明智的做法
In my opinion, it would be prudent to provide the Americans
是向美国人提供足够的援助 使他们的实力与英国不相上下
with enough assistance to put them on an equal level of strength with England.
不相上下 但不是超越
Equal, but not superior.
博马舍先生 治国之道可不是演舞台剧
Statecraft is not stagecraft, Monsieur Beaumarchais.
真有不同吗?
Is there really any difference?
你应该知道陛下已明确表示
You should be aware that His Majesty has made it clear
这办公室不能与富兰克林博士有任何联♥系♥
this office is to have no communication with Dr. Franklin.
可你却接见了他
Yet, you entertained this audience.
你们的谈话最终达成了什么共识?
How did you leave the conversation?
承诺会给富兰克林博士 介绍一些走私品的供应商
With promises to introduce Dr. Franklin to certain suppliers of contraband.
皇家军♥火♥库中可能有不再使用的武器
There might be armaments in the royal arsenal no longer in use.
但我们缺乏船只来运送它们
But we have no ships to put them in.
我应该能提供船只
I may be able to provide the ships.
我并没说那些武器属于你
I didn't say the armaments were yours.
我只是说可能会有
I simply said they might exist.
富兰克林博士在巴黎 待的时间越长就越麻烦
The longer Dr. Franklin remains in Paris, the more his presence becomes troublesome.
去说服我们的客人 告诉他住在郊外会更愉快
Persuade our guest he would be happier in the country.
不会被那么多人所打扰
With fewer people to distract him.
情人、乞丐和国王
Lovers, beggars and kings.
博马舍定将此事办妥
You may rely on Beaumarchais.
在哪里?
Where is it?
是的 不知道你在说什么
Yeah. No idea what you're trying to say.
“我叫坦普尔 但我是来给你敬拜的”
"M-My name is Temple, but I've come to worship before you."
我是说她...不管这个“她”是谁
Meaning her-- Whoever she is.
最好还是保持沉默 装出一副神秘的样子
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表