剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
手刃了暴君
and slayed the tyrants.
这纯粹是崇拜偶像
This is pure idolatry.
希望这能让你坐得舒服
I hope this is comfortable.
还过得去 杰拉德先生
Quite tolerable, Monsieur Gérard.
你们国会的这份清单
This inventory from your Congress
让我喘不过气 亚当斯先生
has left me quite breathless, Mr. Adams.
四万九千套制♥服♥、单簧管和小号♥
49,000 uniforms, clarinets and trumpets,
勺子和乐谱、油漆和顶针
spoons and sheet music, paint and thimbles.
清单上也应该列有一艘护卫舰和八艘战船
I believe you'll find a frigate and eight ships of the line also itemized.
这些都只占了这份 政♥府♥年度预算的十分之一
All amounting to one-tenth of this government's annual budget.
陛下已经花了一亿...
His Majesty has already spent one hundred and--
一亿五千万里弗尔来让你们取得独♥立♥
150 million livres to secure your independence.
然而纽约市、卡罗来纳州 以及佐治亚州却全都是英国的
And yet New York, the Carolinas, Georgia, all belong to the British.
因为德斯坦海军上将的远征队无法攻破
Because Admiral d'Estaing's expedition was unable to break their hold
英军在美洲海岸的防线
on the American coast.
我们听说一群来自新英格兰的
We are told the name of France was cursed by a mob of drunks
醉鬼咒骂了法国
from New England.
我听说在法国 男人可能 只把婚姻当作一种...
And I'm told in France, a man may treat a marriage as just a piece of--
战争时期难免会产生些误解
Certain misunderstandings can be expected during wartime.
亚当斯先生 你说是吗?
Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Adams?
我在欧洲待得越久 并考虑我们的事务
The longer I stay in Europe and consider our affairs,
我们的联盟就越显得...
the more our alliance seems--
是个可以建立的基础
A rock on which we may build.
但法国还没有履行条约规定的义务
But France has yet to fulfill her obligations under our treaty.
我们给你们送去了大炮和子弹 火枪和火♥药♥刺刀
We sent you cannons and shot. Muskets and powder bayonets.
直截了当地给...给了你们足够的钱...
Given you outright-- given enough money--
我们现在的处境 和你们加入前一样岌岌可危
Our situation remains as precarious as it did before you joined the battle.
我们人手不足 就连基本物资都缺乏
We are undermanned and lack even the basic provisions
这些物资是联盟承诺提供的
that this alliance was meant to provide.
最快结束这场战争的方法
Nothing would end this war faster
就是以一支强大的 法国舰队在海上击溃英军
than a powerful French fleet to break the English at sea.
亚当斯先生 你难道 也是海军战略方面的专家?
Are you an expert in naval strategy as well, Mr. Adams?
无论我是不是 我有眼睛看
Whatever I am, I am not blind.
我看到的是法国想让我们能够挣扎求存
And I see that France means to hold our chin above water
而并非帮我们免于溺水
but not to keep us from drowning.
富兰克林博士 你没事吧?
Are you all right, Dr. Franklin?
这该死的痛风 我甚至不会诅咒乔治国王得这病
This deuce gout. I wouldn't wish it on King George.
- 要紧吗? - 不要紧...唉
- Is there anything? - Nothing. Nothing, alas.
- 我去请御医 - 不...谢谢你
- Let me fetch the court physician. - No, no, no. Thank you.
唯一的解决办法就是休息 还有无谓的希望
The only recourse is rest and empty hope.
请允许我请求部长
If I could beg the minister
考虑布料和制♥服♥的配给
to consider the allotment of cloth and uniforms.
好的...当然
Yes. Yes. Of course.
杰拉德 如何?
Gérard?
三百万里弗尔
Three million livres.
数目不算大?
A trifle after all. Hmm?
你真认为他被你的突然装病所骗了?
Do you really think he was taken in by your sudden show of infirmity?
你的外交理念会害了我们
Your notion of diplomacy will be our undoing.
美国不能再忍♥受这种缓慢 无声、难以察觉的渐进式行动了
America cannot suffer any more of this slow, silent, imperceptible creeping.
我们必须在实践中显示决心 大胆推动、展示勤奋
We must show spirit in our application. A bold push. A show of industry.
法语中没有“勤奋”这词
There is no word in French for industry.
这里的“生活艺术”是在看似 成就甚微的情况下取得巨大成就
The art here is to achieve much by appearing to achieve little.
你似乎已精通了这门艺术
An art which you seem to have mastered.
只要我还活着
While I remain above ground,
我会尽我所能地取悦宫廷 争取我所能得到的一切优势
I will endeavor to please this court to procure what advantages I can.
我们可不要挣脱一个暴君的压制 去接受另一个暴君的束缚
We did not throw off the chains of one tyrant to put on those of another.
韦尔热讷伯爵不是我们的朋友
Count Vergennes is not our friend.
没错 不过我还是挺喜欢他的
No, but I rather like him anyway.
滚开
Get away!
还真是一场盛会
It's quite the pageant.
让人不禁好奇宗教改革是如何取得成功的
Makes you wonder how the Reformation ever succeeded.
可怜虫 手数着念珠 吟咏拉丁祷文
Poor wretches, fingering their beads and chanting Latin.
可他们一个字也听不懂
Not that they can understand a word.
对了 伦敦赞扬你的表现
London sends its compliments, by the way.
仅仅赞扬不足以弥补我所冒的风险
Compliments alone do not compensate for the risks I take.
耐心点 班克罗夫特先生 到目前为止 你所得到的回报已算丰厚
Be patient, Mr. Bancroft. You've been generously rewarded so far.
想想天堂的祝福还在等着你
Think of heaven's blessings that still await.
是的 但我想我们所做的 将不会得到任何神灵的奖赏
Yes, well, I doubt our association will merit any divine rewards.
相较于来世 我更喜欢今生获得报酬
I prefer compensation in this life.
一个如此看重金钱的人往往不会太在意
A man who values money so highly doesn't tend to be too particular
钱来自何处
about where it comes from.
我已向你和伦敦充分证明了我的忠诚
I've given you and London ample proof of my loyalty.
战情对美国不利
The war's going badly for America.
决一死战的时候到了
Now is the time to drive the final wedge.
让美国人对凡尔赛宫的意图产生怀疑
Sow doubt as to Versailles's intentions.
很难让富兰克林博士相信
Well, you'll have a hard time convincing Dr. Franklin to believe
韦尔热讷伯爵意图不轨
Count Vergennes is acting in bad faith.
亚当斯先生就没那么信任法国人了
Mr. Adams is less enamored with the French.
只要少了富兰克林博士...
If Dr. Franklin were to be removed from the scene--
- 我不会参与的 - 你不是决意
- I won't be party to that. - I thought you were determined
要结束这场战争吗?
to see an end to this war!
我们的交易若是不小心 走漏给富兰克林博士或亚当斯先生...
A careless word of our deal to Dr. Franklin or Mr. Adams--
帕西的卖♥♥♥国♥氛围已经很高了
The atmosphere in Passy is poisonous enough as it is.
冒险暴露我的身份对你们没好处
Hazarding my exposure doesn't do you any good.
陛下在法国的特工不只你一人
You're not His Highness's only agent in France, you know.
但我是唯一能取得富兰克林博士信任的人
But I am the only one with Dr. Franklin's confidence.
那亚当斯先生的信任呢?
And Mr. Adams's confidence?
亚当斯先生对人性的评价很低
Well, Mr. Adams has a low view of humanity.
也许这是有道理的
Perhaps it is justified.
你是个足智多谋的家伙
You're a resourceful fellow.
我相信你会有办法取得他的信任的
I'm sure you'll think of something to win him over.
如果你是来参加7月4日的庆祝活动
If you've come for the July 4th celebration,
那你来晚了些
you're a bit late.
放心吧 博士 我已收到一份完整的报告
Don't concern yourself, Doctor. I received a full report.
《自♥由♥的典范》演出
The Apotheosis of Liberty.
多么壮观的场面啊
What a spectacle.
那你大驾光临 所为何事?
Then to what do I owe this honor?
对于我们希望与你保持密切关系 你也许并不愿意接受
You object, perhaps, to our wish to keep you close.
我确信你一定是关心我的安全
I'm sure that you have nothing but my well-being in mind.
如果你遭遇不幸 会让人感觉警♥察♥没尽责
It would reflect badly on the police to have you meet with misfortune.
我总是在你的视线范围 又怎会遭遇不幸?
How can that be when I am so seldom out of your sight?
盯着你的人不止我们
We're hardly the only eyes upon you.
而并不是所有人都喜欢你的出现
And not everyone is so kindly disposed to your presence.
你到底想告诉我什么?
What is it you mean to tell me?
为了谨慎起见
That it might be prudent for you
你出入时要稍加小心
to exercise some caution in your comings and goings.
为何?
Because?
有些谣言 仅此而已
Certain rumors. Nothing more.
勒诺瓦先生 为何我总无法确定
Monsieur Lenoir, why is it that I can never be certain
你是想帮我还是想害我?
if you're trying to help me or to harm me?
也许你天生不信任别人?
Perhaps you have an untrusting nature?
我真的是个非常坦诚的人
I'm really a very simple man.
请保重 博士
Do take care, Doctor.
巴黎现在已经够乱了
There's quite enough mayhem in Paris as it is.
进
Enter.
我想你可能需要喝点补品
I thought you might require a little fortification.
班克罗夫特先生 你太客气了
Mr. Bancroft. Most kind.
来吧
Come.
这是我的私人珍藏水仙茶
From my private stock of Shui Xian no less.
谢了
Thank you.
你的茶要加什么吗?
Anything in your tea?
不需要 茶味越重越好
Black, please. The blacker the better.
- 给 - 谢谢
- There. - Thank you.
他昨晚又坐马车出去了
He took the carriage again last night.
是的 帕尔芒捷先生举办宴会什么的
Yes. Something about a banquet for Monsieur Parmentier.
那位有名的药理学家
The noted pharmacologist.
- 他跟你说的 - 你是怎么忍♥受他这种行为的?
- You've heard of him. - How do you put up with this behavior?
就是接受他性格上的缺陷 以换取与他为伍的乐趣
One accepts the defects of character in return for the pleasure of his company.
什么乐趣?
What pleasure is that?
说实话 亚当斯先生
The truth be told, Mr. Adams.
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表