剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
When can I see you?
稍后 好吗
Later. Yes?
关于我们的指示问题
There is the matter of our instructions.
没什么可说的 我们一定得遵从 不是吗
What is there to say except we are bound to follow them?
那我们有这么做吗
Are we, though?
什么意思
Meaning what?
国会因为将主♥权♥
That Congress has prostituted itself
拱手给了韦尔热讷伯爵而失去了尊严
by surrendering its sovereignty to the comte de Vergennes.
这说法合乎道理
Now, there's a reasonable statement.
我们打这场战可不是 为了让凡尔赛宫指挥我们
We didn't fight a war to be ordered about by Versailles.
忘恩负义将无法让美国建立好声誉
Ingratitude is hardly a way to establish America's reputation.
这是你朋友要求我们割让的边界领土
Here is your friend's demand for our borders.
阿勒格尼以西的一切 都留给了西班牙 以满足法兰西的目的
Everything west of the Allegheny is left to Spain for France's own purposes
或者留给了愚昧的当地人
or reserved for the benighted natives.
而我们就像个夜壶般地被不列颠蹲着
With Britain squatting above us like a pasha over a chamber pot.
这是你想看到的美国
Is this the nation you imagined?
我会很乐意得到“一块”加拿大
I would not object to a helping of Canada.
你打算如何拿到它
How do you propose to get it?
既然我们的主人们不愿意上这道菜
Since our hosts are not inclined to serve it.
通过善意和友好的劝说
By goodwill and friendly persuasion.
先生 知道为何找你来了吧
See why you were sent for, sir?
如果我们无法指望法兰西 那我们还能依靠谁呢
If we cannot count on France, then upon who else may we depend?
依靠上帝和我们自己啊 富兰克林博士
On God and ourselves, Dr. Franklin.
你要故意违反国会的指示
You would deliberately violate Congress's instructions?
他们在约4800公里之外 共两个月路程的距离
They are 3,000 miles and two months away.
若不是希望我们看着办 为何要把这项任务交予我们呢
Why have they entrusted us with this task if not to do as we see fit?
这是诡辩 杰伊先生
That is sophistry, Mr. Jay.
那我就直接明了地说
Then I will be clear.
倘若这些指示 有损我们的荣誉 我将不会遵从
If those instructions compromise our honor, I would break them.
就像这样
Like this.
是我
It's me.
奥黛特
Odette?
让你失望了 她出了事故
It's not what you think. She had an accident.
什么事故
What kind of accident?
应该说是犯了个错误 但已经解决了 她现在没事了
It's more like a mistake. But it's done with, and she's all right now.
她为何会叫你来
Why did she send for you?
我想她信任我吧
I suppose she trusts me.
你根本不在乎她 你除了自己谁都不在乎
You don't care about her. You don't care about anyone but yourself.
你不会乐意看到的
You won't like it.
奥黛特
Odette.
- 你病了 - 感觉不舒服而已
- Are you ill? - I felt sick. That's all.
- 我去请医生 - 不必
- I'll fetch a doctor. - No reason.
你很冷
You're cold.
我没事
I'm fine.
告诉我你怎么了
Tell me what's wrong.
没什么大不了的 只不过是我得解决的一些事
It's not serious. Just something I needed to take care of.
什么意思 告诉我
What does that mean? Tell me.
她的意思是她还没准备好 放弃饰演“纯真的角色”
She means she's not ready to give up the ingenue roles just yet.
是我的
Was it mine?
是我的
Was it mine?
我累了
I'm tired.
是时候长大了
It's time to grow up.
我来了
I'm here.
阿什克罗夫特 对吧
Ashcroft, is it?
是班克罗夫特
Bancroft.
当然 十分抱歉
Of course. Terribly sorry.
你是谁
Who are you?
我叫斯特雷奇 内政部副部长
Strachey. Undersecretary to the Home Office.
我想你知道我来的目的
I expect you know why I'm here.
皇家宫殿
In the Palais-Royal?
在巴黎
In Paris.
我想应该是来跟美国人谈和平协议吧
Well, negotiate a peace with the Americans, I should think.
很难相信事情会发展 到这一步 但得面对现实
Hard to believe it's come to that, but there we have it.
尴尬的是 我不知怎么被指控...
Awkward thing is, I have somehow been charged with--
你的合伙人...
Well, your man that you...
- 该怎么说... - 那个向我买♥♥秘密的人
- How to put it-- - Sold secrets to.
他不会再回来了
He shan't be coming round again.
这话什么意思
What does that mean?
他被派走了
He's been sent on.
派去哪里
Well, where to?
还真说不上来 是苏里南吗
Really couldn't say. Suriname?
他失踪了
He's gone?
是的 没错
Oh, absolutely. Yes.
但也可能不是
But also no.
你说什么
Beg your pardon?
你不会碰巧知道他的下落吧
You don't happen to know his whereabouts, do you?
我还以为他会来这呢
Well, I thought he'd be here.
但他并没来 是我来了
But he's not, though. I'm here.
你是否有什么新信息可传递的
I don't suppose you've got any new bits to pass along?
这对我们“负重前行”会很有帮助
It'd be ever so helpful, you see, as we stagger forward.
这些恐怕都已呈报了
It's all in the report, I'm afraid.
是的 当然
Yes. Of course.
那好吧
All right then.
去过佛罗里达州吗
Ever been to Florida?
还没这荣幸
I've not had that privilege.
我在那里有个种植槐蓝的种植园
Have a plantation there. Indigo.
需要大量的黑人
Requires a great lot of Negroes.
预计我将会失去那里的一切
Expect I'll lose it all.
跟我来...你们两个
Come, come. The both of you.
年轻先生 请下注
Young sir. The bet is to you.
我们赌一把
You and me, eh?
如何
How's that?
直到最后一根蜡烛熄灭
Till the last candle gutters out.
怎么啦
What?
祝你好运
I wish you luck.
我在凡尔赛宫看过女王玩这个
I've watched the queen play this at Versailles.
我们受到皇室的青睐
We're graced with royalty.
输的牌
The losing card.
我第一眼看到你就觉得你不是等闲之辈
I took you for quality the moment I saw you.
我告诉自己 这是一个懂得欣赏...
I said to myself, here's a man who knows how to appreciate--
赢的牌
The winning card.
我们都很不走运 对吧
We're all fortune's fools, eh?
你下的注是J
You bet the jack.
你说什么
What?
你下的注是J
You bet the jack.
不是10点
Not the 10.
你搞错了
You're mistaken.
你移♥动♥了你的筹码
You moved your tokens.
我如何移♥动♥
How did I do that?
最好三思而后行
You want to think about what you do next.
你也一样
So do you.
- 阿图瓦伯爵 - 国王的弟弟
- Count Artois. - It's the king's brother.
他在筹码底部贴上了一根马尾毛
He fixes a horsehair to the bottom token.
趁着说话的当儿把那叠筹码顺了过去
And while he's talking, he slides his stack over.
对吧
Isn't that so?
怪不了生活困苦的人 大人
You can't blame a man for trying, Your Grace.
另一个口袋
The other pocket.
滚
Go away.
你和我嫂子是怎么回事
What's all that horseshit about you and my sister-in-law?
是真的
It's true.
我和我祖父曾去过凡尔赛宫
I was in Versailles with my grandfather.
你祖父又是谁
And who's he?
本杰明富兰克林
Benjamin Franklin.
对了
That's right.
你就是拉斐特的小猴子
You're Lafayette's little monkey.
我不属于任何人
I'm not anybody's anything.
目前这位伟大的英雄又去为自♥由♥而战了
And now the great hero is off fighting for freedom again.
还真该死的伟大
How absolutely fucking noble.
总算摆脱他了
Good riddance to him.
你呢 在干些什么
And you do what, exactly?
嫖♥妓♥、酗酒、赌博
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表