剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
and independent.
就是这些
That is what it says.
(B富兰克林)
她不满意自己的尸体的首个版本
She was unhappy with the first version of her corpse.
她觉得让她看起来太...
She thought it made her look too...
没朝气
Dead?
于是她又叫人做了一具
So she ordered another made.
这具看起来很祥和
This one is quite peaceful.
像是在睡个美容觉
Just a little beauty sleep.
我也想给自己做一具
I would welcome that myself.
作为皇室成员 你能决定如何呈现于人前
When you're royal, you decide how you will be seen,
即使在死后
even after you're gone.
但我们其他人...
But the rest of us...
你选了一个忧郁的地方见面
You chose a melancholy spot to meet.
我不能去帕西看你
I cannot visit you at Passy.
是不被允许的
Such things are not done.
而你 我想你不会出现在凡尔赛宫
And you, I think, will not show yourself at Versailles.
再说 我喜欢这里
Besides, I like it here.
一千年的法国国王
A thousand years of French kings.
没人会记得他们犯的错误 只记得他们统治过
Nobody remembered their mistakes, only that they ruled.
但这对你来说毫无意义
But this will mean nothing to you.
这不是我的历史
It is not my history.
新世界 一切皆有可能
The new world, where all things are possible.
恐怕还是同样的世界 还是住着同样的人类
The same world, I'm afraid, and the same sort of men in it.
只是理念不同而已
Only the idea is different.
什么理念 我从没真正理解过
What is this idea? I have never really understood.
一个能够自我管理的自♥由♥民族
That a free people may govern themselves,
在常识和大义信念的指引下自我管理
guided by common sense and a belief in the greater good.
要是他们缺乏常识呢
And if they lack common sense?
那我想他们将会得到他们应得的东西
Then I suppose they shall get what they deserve.
在我们初次见面时 我当时觉得
When we first met, I thought,
“这人很聪明 但没我聪明”
"This man is clever, but not so clever as me."
现在我明白你有多聪明 让我以为自己比你聪明
Now I see how clever you are to make me think that.
你过奖了
You flatter me.
每一步都是一种“创造”
It was at every step an invention,
对于任何一步的成功 没有人比我自己更惊讶了
and no one could be more surprised than myself that any of it worked.
你当时看着我的眼睛并向我保证
You looked me in the eye and gave your word.
而你派杰拉德去英格兰
And you sent Gérard to England.
没错 我的确这么做
I did that, yes.
所以问题不是谁对谁撒了谎
So the question is not really who lied to whom--
而是谁更擅于撒谎
But who lied better.
你知道我妻子怎么说吗
Do you know what my wife says?
宣布胜利并邀功 即使真的失败了
Declare victory and take the credit, even if it is really failure.
她听起来很睿智
She sounds very wise.
她不被允许进宫廷
She's not allowed at court, you know.
她的父亲只是个商人
Her father was only a merchant.
我们未经国王同意而结婚
We married without the king's consent.
这些在美国都无关紧要 不是吗
None of that would matter in America, would it?
你应该来看看你帮助建立的国家
You should come see the country that you helped create.
那我们花了十亿里弗尔后得到了什么
And what did we get for our billion livres?
一个感恩的国家的永恒忠诚
The eternal devotion of a grateful country.
少来
Please.
你们会和英国人有贸易往来 留下两手空空的我们
You will trade with the English and leave us empty-handed.
这就是他们买♥♥的“和平”
That is the peace they came to buy.
伯爵先生 我并不想伤害你
Monsieur le Comte, I did not mean to wound you.
你并没伤害我 你是智取了我
You have not wounded me. You have outsmarted me.
而这要糟糕得多
That is far worse.
我为在国事方面的经验不足导致的失慎
I plead forgiveness for the inexperience in affairs of state
请求你的宽恕
that led us to an indiscretion.
我们欠你的
Our debt to you,
欠你伟大的国王的 欠法兰西的 是无穷无尽的
to your greathearted king, to France itself is bottomless.
如果我们之间产生了这小小的误解
And would it not be a pity
那岂不是很遗憾
if this little misunderstanding should come between us?
同时让英国人以为 他们成功挑拨了这样一个...
And let the English think that they have succeeded in dividing such a--
怎么啦
What?
我们在笑什么
What are we laughing about?
你想向我要更多的钱 对吧
You're going to ask me for more money, aren't you?
不过多个六百万而已
Only another six million.
它将能派上用场
It would come in awfully handy.
毫无疑问 你们国会 将会为这笔债务作担♥保♥
No doubt your Congress will guarantee this debt.
这当然
Of course.
别告诉我你不敢上船
Don't tell me you're afraid to get in.
我认为没必要花超过 应该使用的时间来渡河
I see no need to spend more time crossing water than absolutely necessary.
当你抓着一艘可悲的船的栏杆时
When you're clutching the rail of some miserable ship,
你会后悔错过了这愉快的划船时光
you will regret missing this pleasant little paddle.
我有个很不错的小房♥产
I have a nice bijou of a place.
它有其朴素的魅力
It has its modest charm.
有30或40个房♥间 记不清了
Thirty rooms or 40. I can't remember.
田野、马厩
Fields, stables...
你一定是住在森林里 房♥子是树木做的
You must live in the forest in a house made from trees.
是在一个城市里 房♥子是由砖砌成的
It is made of brick, in a city.
现在变成了什么样子 我也只能靠猜的
What it looks like now, I can only guess.
已经落入英国人手里了
The British have had their way with it.
你已经报了仇 你打败他们了
Well, you've gotten your revenge. You've beaten them all.
我想是的
I suppose I have.
奇怪的是 还是无法感到满足
It's oddly unsatisfying.
你还想要什么
What more did you want?
就更多
Just more.
管它是什么 就是...
No matter what it may be. Just--
再多一些
Just more of it.
看来我们真的老了
We are feeling our age.
我感觉...
I'm feeling...
有这么一个国家 我敢说自己参与其建设
There is a country that, I dare say, I've had some hand in making,
但我已有20年没到过那里了
and yet I have hardly been there in 20 years.
那为何还要回去
Then why bother to return?
我想我有义务去看看 这个美国是个什么样子
I think I'm obliged to see what this America might be.
万一你不喜欢所看到的美国呢
And if you don't like what you discover?
夫人
Madame.
嫁给我 好吗
Would you marry me?
你真是个混♥蛋♥
You are a rascal.
你是认真的
You're serious?
是认真的吗
Are you serious?
你说呢
Am I?
那你的美国呢
What about your America?
我欠她的是我的忠诚 而不是我的幸福
I owe her my loyalty but not my happiness.
我想修道院院长能帮忙处理
Well, I suppose the abbé could take care of it.
我讨厌教堂婚礼的那些繁琐事务
I hate all that fuss in church.
你这是答应了
Are you saying yes?
我实在太喜欢你了
I'm so terribly fond of you.
但我们都知道你就像是最难搞的那类猫
But we both know you are the most troublesome sort of cats.
哪一类
What sort is that?
就是无论你如何宠爱它 它还是会四处漂泊
The sort that always wanders off, no matter how much you pamper him.
你看到外头发生了什么事吗
You see what's going on out there?
他早上就会离开了
He'll be on his way by morning.
而你
And you?
除了窝囊地坐在这里 你还能做些什么
What will you have done about it besides sit here and cower?
我们将会失去这栋房♥子
We'll lose this house.
我们将会失去一切
We'll lose everything.
知道原因吗
Do you know why?
都是因为你让这个催眠师 多年来掏空了我们的钱包
All because you've allowed this mesmerist to empty our purse for years
为了一个你永远不会涉足的国家
over some country you will never set foot in.
你没话要说吗
Have you anything to say?
原来女王根本就没买♥♥这条项链
It turns out the queen never bought the necklace in the first place.
整件事是一个骗局 错不在她
The whole affair was a confidence trick, and she's utterly blameless.
好吧
Fine.
我自己处理
I'll take care of it myself.
- 不带走这些 - 已经没用了
- Leaving these? - They served their purpose.
也许你可以把它们分发给好奇的游客
Perhaps you can hand them out to curious visitors
或用它们来填墙上的裂缝
or use them to stuff a crack in the wall.
我敦促你按照我开的处方照料自己
Now, I do urge you to follow my prescriptions.
在海上呆六个星期 却不能吃甜的或喝酒来慰籍自己
Six weeks at sea and no sugar or drink as consolation?
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表