剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
恕我直言 我不确定自己在为谁服务
With the greatest respect, I'm uncertain which master I'm serving.
你在为我服务
You are serving me.
我们俩都在为国王服务
We both serve the king.
我们也都在为法兰西服务
And we all serve France.
所以...
So...
自己斟酌决定
Use your discretion.
抵♥制♥他的奉承话
Resist his blandishments.
不要说出无法收回的话 以及...
Say nothing you can't take back. And...
继续你的出色表现
Carry on with the excellent work.
当然 他说得没错
He's right, of course.
不管怎么看 战争是在所难免了
It's war any way you look at it.
太棒了...
Bravo! Bravo!
谢谢
Thank you.
是一首进行曲 以减轻伯戈因将军 和他士兵步入监狱的沮丧感
A little march to brighten the way for General Burgoyne and his men to prison.
为谦逊的听众做这般费力的演出
Such an expense for so modest an audience,
当然 如此优美的音乐 理应被分享
and surely music so exquisite must be shared.
来一场歌♥剧表演 以鼓励人们支持你的事业
A performance at the opera to encourage support for your cause.
这主意简直太好了
That is a splendid notion.
应该用谁的名义来做这场演出呢?
And under which man's name should it appear?
肯定是用你的名义啊
No man's. It is yours to claim.
德翁骑士应该会有更大的胜算
The chevalier d'Éon would stand a better chance.
但既然你这么喜欢 就让我来教你它的音符
But since it pleased you so much, I will teach you the notes.
我担心自己会是个笨学生
I fear I would make a poor student.
你低估了我的耐心
You underestimate my patience.
好的
All right.
我还以为你已经把“我们”给忘了
I was beginning to think you had forgotten all about us
接见那些客人占用了你那么多时间
with all those visitors taking up so much of your time.
我们美国人在订立条约方面是新手
We Americans are new at making treaties, you see.
我们的无能也许会让别人有机可乘
Advantage may be taken of our incapacities.
咪、多、咪
Mi, do, mi.
得提防法国人的承诺 必须要求他证明自己的诚意
Beware a Frenchman's promise. Always demand proof of his sincerity.
布里昂夫人 在我看来 你有政♥治♥家的才能
I believe you show a gift for statesmanship, Madame Brillon.
女人必然是谈判高手
Women, by necessity, are experts at negotiation.
那我们之间该建立什么样的联盟呢?
What terms of alliance should you and I establish then?
首先 我们之间必须有和平
First, there must be peace,
友谊和永恒的爱
friendship and eternal love between us.
那维持这和平的条款又是什么?
And the stipulations to maintain this peace?
就是富兰克林博士会陪在我身边
That Dr. Franklin remain in my company
只要我愿意 多久他都得陪
as much and as long as it pleases me.
那在这愉快的陪伴时光里 我该做些什么?
And while I am in this pleasant company?
我让你做什么你就得做什么
That you do anything I want you to do.
任何我被允许做的事
Anything I am allowed to do.
能接受这些条件吗?
Are those terms acceptable?
你要求独占我的爱
Well, you ask for a monopoly on my affections
不让我爱其他可爱的女士
and leave none for other agreeable ladies.
像欧特伊区的洗衣妇那样的女士?
Ladies such as the Washerwoman of Auteuil?
我自然会有相应的要求
I would naturally demand reciprocity.
你的条件是?
Your terms?
所提及的富兰克林博士 能够随时离开布里昂夫人
The said Dr. Franklin would go away from Madame Brillon whenever he pleases,
想离开多久就离开多久
that he will stay away as long as he pleases,
而且他可以爱任何一个女人 只要觉得她友好可亲
and that he will love any other woman as far as he finds her amiable.
也许你是对的 我终究教不了你
Perhaps you're right. I cannot teach you after all.
夫人
Oh, madame.
我以为我们只是在练习
I thought that we were only practicing.
当然是
Of course we were.
你来这里是为了帮你的国家赢得胜利
You are here to win victory for your country.
其他的一切都只是消遣
Everything else is a pastime.
你对我来说可不是消遣
You are not so to me.
- 有你相伴的时光... - 让我俩都很开心
- The hours spent in your company are the-- - Have kept us both amused.
你如果想要更多 只要开口就行了
If you wish for more, it is yours for the asking.
婚姻也算是一种联盟 不是吗?
Marriages are kind of an alliance, are they not?
而且当事人也不一定会遵守当中条款
And the terms are not always honored by the parties involved.
但双方仍然是联盟关系 不能随意破坏
But they are alliances nonetheless. Not to be casually broken.
我接受你提出的条件
I accept the conditions you propose
因为任何条约都必须带有妥协
since every treaty must be a compromise.
我们继续弹 好吗?
Shall we continue?
还真不少人 都为美国而疯狂
Quite a crowd. All mad for America.
当中有一半是警♥察♥ 另一半则是线人
Half of them are policemen. The other half are spies.
要我叫西蒙赶走他们吗?
Should I tell Simon to send them off?
是我叫他让他们进来的
I asked him to let them in.
好吧 国际象棋只能两个人玩 对吧?
Well. No three hands in chess, hey?
这一次的会面 我希望你能留下来
I'd like you to stay this time.
富兰克林博士 谢谢你的再次接待
Dr. Franklin. My thanks for receiving me again.
威廉姆斯先生 我欢迎所有访客 你认识我的同事 班克罗夫特医生
I welcome all visitors, Mr. Williams. You know my colleague, Dr. Bancroft.
只听说过
Only by reputation.
我向你保证 他远没有人们说的那么邪恶
I assure you he's not nearly as devilish as they say he is.
我们能找个地方私下谈谈吗?
May we speak somewhere in private?
我其实很乐意
Well, I'd be happy to oblige,
但我们上次这么做时 我丢失了一些财物
but the last time we did so, I met with some loss of property.
而我这人相当迷信
And I'm rather superstitious.
富兰克林博士 我以为你希望进行和谈
I thought you wished to parley, Dr. Franklin.
我的确希望 请开始吧
Indeed I do. Please begin.
就在这里?
Out here?
我觉得这里的空气令人精神焕发
I find the air bracing.
如果能拿到护照
If a passport could be obtained,
你是否愿意在没有法国人干涉的 情况下到伦敦进行谈判?
would you be willing to negotiate in London without any French interference?
我最近一次的经历可不太愉快
Well, my late experience was less than pleasing.
我现在在这里 受人爱戴和尊重
I am now here among people that love and respect me.
你如此英明 定不会 把个人的奉承当成国家的意愿
You're much too wise to mistake personal flattery with national resolve.
我可没那么英明
I'm not nearly that wise.
我很难相信有什么事情能说服美国
I find it very hard to believe that anything could ever persuade America
投入法兰西的怀抱
to throw herself into the arms of France.
相反的 威廉姆斯先生
On the contrary, Mr. Williams.
美国是被迫投入法兰西的怀抱的
America has been forced and driven into the arms of France.
你真能依靠这样一个不情愿的盟友?
Can you really afford to put faith in such a reluctant ally?
我们的议会准备给予殖民地自治权
Our parliament is prepared to bestow autonomy on the colonies.
美国将能完全控制其内部事务
America would have complete control of its internal affairs.
自治并不是独♥立♥
Autonomy is not independence.
我们非得一直就词汇争论不休吗?
Must we endlessly quibble over words?
说到底 我们都是英国人
In the end, we are all Englishmen.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
我们是不是应该单独讨论这问题?
Should we not discuss that separately?
我看不出有什么可顾虑的
I see no cause for circumspection.
我们处于有利地位 可利用优势来结束无益的战争
We are in a position to press advantage and put an end to profitless war.
班克罗夫特医生说得没错
Dr. Bancroft speaks the truth.
王室乐于让步
The Crown is in a giving vein.
但我不乐意
But I am not.
朋友 考虑一下他所提出的
My friend, think on what he offers.
他提出的太少 也太迟了
What he offers is too little and too late.
既然你不愿意进行谈判
If you did not care to negotiate,
又何必费事再见面呢?
why did you bother to meet again?
好让他们看到我们在对话
So they would all see us talking.
这个威廉姆斯究竟是谁?
Who or what is this Williams?
他自称代表英国首相
He claims to represent the English prime minister.
- 他们讨论了什么? - 不清楚
- What did they discuss? - It wasn't clear.
帕西到处都有我们的线人 难道就没人知道如何履行任务?
Every other man at Passy is a spy. Doesn't anyone know how to do his job?
我怀疑那博士安排了这一出 是做给我们看的
I suspect the doctor arranged the whole affair for our benefit.
还用说
Of course he did.
他是想让我们乱了阵脚而匆忙回应
He means for us to respond in haste and confusion.
这不就是我们正在做的吗?
Isn't that what we're doing?
去告诉富兰克林博士 法兰西将保证美国的独♥立♥
Tell Dr. Franklin that France will guarantee American independence
要是我们宣战的话
if war is declared.
但我们不能保证会宣战
But we don't guarantee that it will.
如果他老强调这一点
Should he press the point--
我们保证我们无法保证的事?
We make guarantees, but we don't guarantee anything?
完全正确 马上离开
Precisely. Now go away.
我们知道你想干什么
We know what you're up to.
我不明白你们在说什么
I have no idea what you're talking about.
有线人的人不止你一个
You're not the only one with informants.
你以为你能瞒着我们 “洗劫”国库来发动战争?
You think you can ransack the treasury and start a war without us knowing?
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表