剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
每天在甲板上散步 你会为此感谢我的
And a daily walk of the deck. You'll thank me for it.
我会为此诅咒你的
I'll curse you for it.
幸运的是 我离得太远 听不到
Well, fortunately I won't be nearby to hear.
还有 如有需要 可以使用这个
And avail yourself of this if needed.
但少量使用
But sparingly.
奥斯曼的苦行僧声称鸦♥片♥ 给了他们一种即将到来的幸福景象
The Ottoman dervishes claim opium affords them a vision of happiness to come.
有这么不受欢迎
Would that be so unwanted?
真的会有这样的幸福
Will there be such happiness though?
对于美国
For America?
- 这将取决于美国人♥民♥ - 对于我自己
- That will be up to the people. - For myself.
这一直是我最关心的
That has ever been my chief concern.
没有你 这个国家会变成什么样子
Where would the country be without you, hmm?
他们会封你为重要人物
They'll lord you as the essential man.
他们会吗
Will they?
我好奇
I wonder.
你的命运又会如何
And what fate shall befall you?
我还是像往常一样四处走吧
I'll amble about in my usual way.
不打算回家
No returning home?
我在国外呆了这么久 都不晓得哪里才是自己的家了
Well, I've been so long abroad, I don't think I know where home would be.
也许是英格兰
England perhaps?
我们毕竟与他们和睦相处
Well, we are at peace with them after all.
这不就是我们努力的目标吗
Is that not what we have worked for?
的确
We have.
以各自的方式
Each in our own fashion.
一箱最上等的马德拉葡萄酒
A case of the most excellent Madeira.
没必要白白浪费它
No sense letting it go to waste.
你太大方了
You're too generous.
当你见到它时 就会想起我
Remember me by it.
我会想念你的 朋友
I'll miss you, friend.
你一直都是个最亲切友好的伙伴
You have always been a most amiable companion.
你有客人
You have a visitor.
给你的
This is for you.
夫人
Madame.
全在这里了
All is here.
按月计算的费用
Expenses by the month.
我们招待你们的费用
Every instance of our hospitalité.
我以为待客之道就是无偿给予
Isn't hospitality by its nature given freely?
但不是无偿给予好几年
Not for years at a time.
一共23654里弗尔
23,654 livres.
仔细查看吧
Read it line by line.
我相信数目没错
I do not doubt its accuracy.
那你去取吧 我就在这里等着
Then I wait here while you get it.
我现在手头没这么多钱
I have no such amount at hand.
我们损失了数百万里弗尔 这些钱跑哪儿去了
We lost millions. Where did it go?
给了美国 肖蒙先生知道的
To the United States. Monsieur Chaumont, he knows that.
你用自♥由♥和利益引诱他 所以他...
You seduce him with talk of freedom and profit, so he--
犯糊涂了
he cannot think right.
你归因于一些我并不具备的能力
You ascribe me powers that I do not possess.
听听他所说的
Listen to him now.
但我向你们保证 我将亲自确保国会...
But I give you my assurances that I'll personally see that Congress--
你有多少
What do you have?
你现在口袋里有多少
What do you have in your pocket right now?
现在
Now.
就像竹篮子打水
It's like pissing in a violin.
你本可以干预的
You might have intervened.
看来最好还是置身事外
It seemed best to stay out of it.
这是你的马车
Is that yours?
阿图瓦的
Belongs to Artois.
还有什么是属于他的
What else belongs to him?
这不过是晋升的手段
It's only a means of advancement.
晋升成为
Towards what though?
你曾希望我能找到自己的“位置”
You wished me to find my station.
这不是我所想象的
This is not what I had in mind.
但是我所选择的
But it's what I've chosen.
我明天和你一块儿去勒阿弗尔
I will ride with you tomorrow to Le Havre.
不需要
There's no need.
你不应该独自在路上
You shouldn't be on the road alone.
我可不担心这个
Well, I wouldn't worry about that.
勒诺瓦先生已经跟踪我很多年了
Monsieur Lenoir has been following me for years.
我出国这样的小事也无法阻止他这么做
He won't let a trivial thing like my leaving the country stop him now.
你父亲现住在伦敦
Your father's living in London.
- 我知道 - 你知道
- I know. - You do?
只要问对人 在凡尔赛宫 没有无法知道的事
You can find out anything at Versailles if you ask the right person.
你会去见他
You might go see him?
有什么要我转达的吗
Do you wish me to convey something?
该说的都说了
Nothing that has not already been said.
非要如此固执
Must you be so hard?
你和英国讲和了
You made peace with Britain.
对自己的骨肉 难道就不能也一样吗
Can't you do the same with your own flesh and blood?
跟随内心 没得商量
The heart is not negotiable.
“给敌人最好的东西就是宽恕”
"The best thing to give your enemy is forgiveness."
写这句话的人是个大蠢蛋
Whoever wrote that is a damn fool.
你确定这是你想要的
You are sure that this is what you want?
这是场游戏
It is a game.
就像下象棋
Like chess.
我喜欢下棋
I enjoy playing it.
那我们就此告别吧 孩子
Then kiss me farewell, boy.
我们会再见面的
We will see each other again.
或许吧
Perhaps.
但我认为这生中将不会再见
But not, I think, in these editions.
亲爱的祖父
Dear grandfather.
追寻幸福
Seek happiness.
但别忘了我们的根
But remember who we are.
那有趣的老家伙是谁
Who was that funny old fellow?
一位伟大的美国人
A great man of America.
(双界英雄万岁)
(哈佛大学 真理)
(致我亲爱的爸爸:我们曾如此快乐)
FOR MY DEAR PAPA
富兰克林博士
Dr. Franklin.
很抱歉打扰你
I am sorry to disturb you,
但没想到在经历了这一切之后 我们还会搭同一艘船航行
but I did not imagine, after everything, that we would be making the same voyage.
先生 我不明白 我...
I'm at a loss, sir. I--
我是雅克肖蒙
Jacques Chaumont.
雅克
Jacques.
雅克 是的
Jacques, of course.
你这是...
You are--
是的 我要去美国
On my way to the United States, yes.
你跟我父母谈过了
You have spoken to my parents?
我和你妈妈“坦诚”地道别了
Your mother and I had a frank farewell.
他们把我逐出家门了
They have banished me.
很遗憾
I'm sorry to hear it.
我不怪他们
I cannot blame them.
我其实很高兴他们这么做
In fact, I welcome it.
我在法国一无所有
There was nothing for me in France.
至少我有的都被我毁了
At least, nothing I did not ruin.
还怎么能留下来
How could I stay?
你有什么打算
What will you do?
不知道
I do not know.
我身无分文
I have no money.
只有几枚硬币和这身衣服
A few coins and the clothes on my back.
只知道自己希望过上不同的生活
I only know I wish my life to be different.
如何不同
In what fashion?
在这世上开创属于自己的道路
To make my own way in the world.
若我能
If I can.
用我所有的智慧
By whatever wits I have.
得到自♥由♥
To be free.
抱歉 我太荒谬了
My apologies. I'm ridiculous.
你听起来像我的一个熟人
You sound like a fellow of my acquaintance.
他身无分文地离家出走了
He ran off from home without a penny in his pocket.
他的命运如何
What was his fate?
他在某些方面取得了一些不错的成就
He's had some middling success
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表