剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
你对英方的提议有何看法
What do you make of the British proposal?
他们准备放弃的东西 比我们希望得到的要多
They are prepared to give up more than we could have hoped.
那你为何还犹豫
Then why did you hesitate?
因为...
Because...
一方面是我答应过的 另一方面则是我必须做的
there is what I promised, and what I must do.
你觉得如果我们接受谈和 法国人会怎么说
What do you think the French will say if we accept?
他们会得出结论 认为我的话毫无意义
They will conclude that my word means nothing...
而他们说得没错
and they will be right.
你打算为哪个国家效忠
Which nation do you intend to serve?
先生 我是为了美国而来的
I'm here for America, sir.
其他的事我从没关心过
I have never cared for anything else.
那我们俩能和解吗
Then shall you and I make our peace?
能
We shall.
你没问我为何会有这封信
You did not ask me how that letter came into my possession.
我怀疑是班克罗夫特先生给你的
I would suspect that Mr. Bancroft gave it to you.
他告诉你的
He told you so?
当然不是 但他受雇于英国人
Of course not, but he's in the employ of the British.
这事你早知道了
You have known this?
知道好一会儿了
For quite some time.
你视他为自己人
You have made him an intimate.
他被允许坐在这里了解机密事务
He has sat here and been privy to the most sensitive matters.
他挑拨离间、伪造信件
He has sown discord, and engaged in forgery,
对我们所从事的一切进行破坏
and acted to undermine all that we have committed ourselves to.
那倒是真的 但除了这些 他是个讨人喜欢的家伙
That's true, but as he is otherwise a likable fellow,
我没法责怪他
I can't hold it against him.
我...现在就回住处
I-- I am going back to my lodgings now.
来吧 动作快 你们这些可怜的杂种
Let's go! Step lively, you skulking mutts!
给沃古扬公爵的
For the Duc de la Vauguyon.
来吧 动作快 你们这些可怜虫
Let's go! Step lively, you pathetic minnows!
给罗曼维尔男爵的
For the Baron de Romainville.
快一点 他在叫我们了
Hurry up. He's calling!
给卡斯特里侯爵的
For the marquis de Castries.
蒙巴雷伯爵的
The comte de Montbarrey.
司法大臣莫普的
Chancellor Maupeou.
怎么啦
What?
再努力点吧
Try harder.
有什么事
What do you want?
我这有个口信
I have a message.
“我的老虎”
"My tiger."
我在专心下棋
I'm trying to concentrate here.
那看来似乎还不够专心
Not hard enough, it seems.
“你哥哥也许是国王 但我却听命于你”
"Your brother may be king, but you rule over me."
“我的‘城门’已准备好为你而开”
"My provinces north and south are ready to yield their riches"--
对于爱“涂鸦”的女人 我没义务负责
I can't be responsible for every woman with an urge to scribble.
我可怜的孩子
My poor boy.
你一定很痛苦
How it must pain you.
少胡闹了 承认你输了这盘吧
Stop pissing about and admit you've lost.
谁说我输了
Who says I've lost?
两万里弗尔说的
20,000 livres says it.
用象棋赌钱
Betting on chess?
那不够体育精神
That's not sporting.
好吧
Fine.
赌就赌
So be it.
就两万
Twenty it is.
你说什么
What?
我...没事
I-- Nothing.
你是谁来着
Who are you again?
伯爵先生 在下是你卑微的仆人
Your humble servant, Monsieur le Comte.
你会下国际象棋
You know something about chess?
一点
A little.
那么
Well?
你觉得我该怎么做
What do you suggest I do?
用你的小兵 然后...
Take your pawn and--
不公平
Not fair.
每个输的人都会这么说
That's what everyone who loses says.
再说一遍你的名字
Tell me your name again.
纪尧姆坦普尔
Guillaume Temple.
女士们、先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
这位是纪尧姆德坦普尔先生
may I introduce Monsieur Guillaume de Temple.
我的新任...
My new...
游戏部长
Minister of Games.
博士 你今天好吗
How are you this day, Doctor?
如你所见 先生
As you see me, sir.
我担心这些谈判会使你超负荷
I fear these negotiations may have taxed you beyond mercy.
为何这么说
What makes you say that?
我不想冒犯你
I have no wish to offend.
我习惯了 说吧
I'm quite immune. Speak.
在上一次的会议中 他们提出了一项提议
An offer was placed before us in our last meeting.
是一项我们本可以 在此基础上继续发展的提议
One that we might well have built upon.
但你当时对它
And you met it
持困惑态度
with befuddlement.
你视我为心智不健全
You think me unsound of mind.
是否如此呢
Are you?
也许吧 但倘若如此 我将无法自觉
Perhaps, but I would be the last to know.
先生 你喜欢打哑谜
You delight in conundrum, sir.
我则倾向于“清楚明了”
I prefer clarity.
富兰克林博士不过是 在程序上遇到难题 仅此而已
Dr. Franklin was caught on a point of order. Nothing more.
我们已经讨论过了 结果令我满意
We have discussed it to my satisfaction.
我记得你我之间也讨论过某件事
You and I also discussed something, as I recall.
那个问题也已获得解决
That has been resolved as well.
这对我们意味着什么
Where does this put us?
有四个要点需要确保
With four points to secure.
我们的独♥立♥、我们的边界 我们的赔偿...
Our independence, our boundaries, our reparations--
当然还有那神圣的鳕鱼
And the sacred cod, of course.
是的 鳕鱼
Yes. The cod.
最好是由一人来发言 他将代表我们的所有利益
It would be best if we at last spoke in one voice.
由谁来代表呢
Whose?
我希望会是我
I am content for it to be mine.
我不同意
I think not.
你说什么
Pardon?
先生 你太冷漠 无法为我们赢得好感
You are too cold, sir. You earn us no goodwill.
难道你觉得应该由你来
And you imagine yourself to be?
我太暴躁了 至少别人是这么告诉我的
I am too hot... or so I am told.
看来那就只剩下我了
Well, that would seem to leave me.
你所谓的魅力一定有它的用处
Your alleged charm must be good for something.
他们到了
They're here.
两位先生 能否给我放把椅子
Could you gentlemen set out a chair for me?
我不希望躺着进行此事
I prefer to do this upright.
博士 你身体好多了吗
You're much improved, Doctor?
再好不过了 先生
Never better, sir.
那希望我们今天能达成所寻求的和谐
Then may we hope that today brings the concordance we all seek.
我们也带着同样的原则和希望
We approach in the same spirit and hope.
格伦维尔先生人呢
Where is Mr. Grenville?
去钓鱼了
Gone fishing.
你们将无条件承认我们的独♥立♥
You acknowledge our independence unconditionally?
是的
We do so acknowledge.
而国家领土就如之前说好的
The boundaries of our nation will be as settled,
一直延伸到密西西比河的东岸
extending to the eastern banks of the Mississippi.
同意
Agreed.
至于纽芬兰海岸鳕鱼的所有权
And the rights to the cod off the Newfoundland coast,
也归我们所有
also retained by us.
没问题
Just so.
- 那么关于那些特定的事项 - 还有个需讨论的问题
- Then regarding these particular matters-- - There is one sticking point.
我们在赔偿问题上态度很坚决
We are quite firm on the question of reparations.
必须对那些“不愿参与你实验的”
There must be compensation for those loyal subjects of the Crown
王室忠诚臣民给予补偿
who do not wish to participate in your experiment.
那么美国人的损失就必须获得实物赔偿
Then the losses of Americans must be paid in kind.
恕我们没法接受
That is not acceptable to us.
奥斯瓦尔德先生
Mr. Oswald.
先生 在这件事上 不是我一人说了算
I am not my own man in this, sir.
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表