剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
There.
马里 你得把这床单再洗一遍
Marie, you'll have to wash this sheet again.
路易森 你可以拿...
And Louison, you can take--
别光站在那儿
Well, don't just stand there.
我可不会求你进来
I'm not going to beg you.
要是我带了画本就好了
If only I had brought my sketchbook.
夫人
Madame.
你还好吗
How are you?
你的到来让我兴奋
Lifted by your arrival.
好久没见到你了
After too long an absence.
恐怕我一直忙于家庭事务
I have been occupied with family affairs, I'm afraid.
但愿一切安好
All is well, I hope.
我要当外婆了
I am to be a grandmother.
这是人生最大的福气
It's life's greatest blessing.
听说你正在处理重要事务
You are engaged in weighty matters, I am told.
就是讨价还价之事 夫人 没什么复杂的
Horse trading, madame. Plain and simple.
那坦普尔先生呢
And Mr. Temple?
预计他应该茁壮成长吧
He flourishes, I expect.
他...
He--
他在宫廷里开创了自己的事业
He's embarked upon a career at court.
我一直对他的前途很具信心
I never doubted his prospects.
你们打算一直这样针锋相对
Do you intend to keep throwing knives at each other?
有什么我能做的
What would you have me do?
我已经给他洗过澡 也换过床单了 我们把他抬上♥床♥吧
I've already bathed him and changed the sheets. Let's get him onto the bed.
谢了 我能自己来
I can manage that myself, thank you.
你其实很享受这样 对吧
You are rather enjoying this, aren't you?
不...在这种情况下并不享受
No. No, no. No, not under the circumstances.
我们可以出去 不打扰你
We are happy to leave you being.
不 我要你们留下来
No, I bid you to stay.
拜托 你们两个 请留下吧
Please. Both of you. Please.
好爸爸 我给你带了点东西 你能猜猜是什么吗
I brought you something, mon bon papa. Can you guess what it is?
一只乳猪和一瓶陈年雪利酒
A suckling pig and a well-aged sherry?
并不是
Not exactly.
你必须保暖
You must keep warm.
让他进来吧
Let him in.
首席部长 这位是...
First Minister. May I introduce...
对了 你到底是谁
Who are you really, anyway?
由你决定
That's up to you.
保罗温特沃斯先生
Mr. Paul Wentworth.
伯爵先生 如此荣幸 真难得
Monsieur le Comte. What a singular honor.
你当自己是绅士
You fancy yourself a gentleman?
只有在适当的时候
Only when it suits.
你来我们国家有何目的
And you are in this country why?
我爱上好喝的波尔多葡萄酒
I'm fond of a good Bordeaux.
别胡闹了 这里不是酒馆
Don't arse about. You're not in a tavern.
是来确保英格兰战胜叛军
To secure victory for England against the rebels.
你似乎失败了
You do not seem to have succeeded.
至少尝试过
Not for lack of trying.
我的小虫子
Eh, my little worm?
告诉我不列颠和美国之间的谈判情况
Tell me about the negotiation between Britain and America.
美国人只要一有机会就会占你便宜
The Americans mean to fuck you over the first chance they get.
如果你不介意我在这里说这话
If it's all right to say that here.
富兰克林博士向我保证并非那样
Dr. Franklin swore to me otherwise.
我昨晚向一名妓♥女♥保证过要永远爱她
I swore I'd love some wench forever last night.
今天却记不起她的名字了
Today I couldn't tell you her name.
我们想得到的是一样的
We're after the same thing, you know.
是什么
What is that?
在最糟糕的协议中获得最有利的结局
The best end to a bad bargain.
这不是我们实现共同愿望所使用的方式
We do not wish to get it in the same way.
不 你们喜欢在你们 和低阶层人士之间洒点香水
No. You like some perfume between you and the stink.
来凸显自己才是真正的绅士
That's what makes you a true gentleman.
- 别让我看到这个人 - 你想要一个杠杆 我给你带了一个
- Get him out of my sight. - You wanted a lever. I brought you one.
你给我带来了一头在泔水里觅食的猪
You brought me a pig rooting in the swill.
想我怎么处置他
What do you want me to do with him?
要绞死他也行 我才懒得管
Hang him for all I care.
看到了吗 无论怎样 我还是能如愿
You see? I get my prize either way.
万一他说的是实话呢
If he's telling the truth?
你去趟伦敦
I'm sending you to London.
我们得首先确保自身利益
We need to make sure our own interests come first.
我更喜欢斩首 反正对你来说都一样
I prefer beheading. It's all the same to you.
我很乐意 但迟些再说
With pleasure. But later.
与此同时 你得随时通知我 你的同胞们在这里的举动
In the meantime, you'll keep me informed about what your countrymen are up to here.
我认为这十分不合规定
I call this highly irregular.
奥斯瓦尔德先生 这对我们相当不利
It is rather not to our advantage, Mr. Oswald.
我们已经处于敌国的土地上了
We are already on unfriendly soil.
至于在哪个房♥间进行谈判已不再重要
And what precise room we negotiate in is of little moment.
但我们到他们那里
But we're coming to them.
这确实让他们占了上风
It does tilt the balance a bit.
你是要我们掉头离开吗
Would you have us turn and leave?
我只是说明情况
I simply note the circumstances.
格伦维尔先生 你说呢
Mr. Grenville?
我可以告诉你 不会让他们得到纽芬兰的
They shan't be getting Newfoundland. I tell you that.
富兰克林博士 很荣幸见到你
Dr. Franklin, I am honored to be in your company.
虽然很遗憾看到你如此不舒服
Though sorry to see you so indisposed.
没事 先生 对于你的迁就我很是感激
Think nothing of it, sir. I'm grateful for your accommodation.
也许接下来的谈判会议 我们就都卧在床上进行吧
Perhaps future negotiations should take place with us all abed.
不过是个建议
Merely a suggestion.
在我们继续之前
Before we proceed,
对于我们在这里达成的协议
do you regard yourselves as beholden to France
你们是否会视之为欠法兰西一个人情
concerning agreements we come to here?
我们打算按情况做出...
We intend to act in whatever fashion--
请允许我们与我们 忠诚的盟友保持一致行动
Permits us to remain in concert with our faithful allies.
我这么问只是因为 你们之间的利益并不相符
I ask only because their interests are not yours.
你们可能会发现自己 因条约而被迫参与一场你们不想打的战
And you may find yourselves bound by treaty to a war you do not wish to fight.
就算债务已还清 义务仍在
Debts paid are still obligations owed.
这是对于个人荣誉而言
A point of honor for men.
但不适用于国家之间 不是吗
But nations use a different calculus, do they not?
至关重要的事共有三件
Three matters are of the essence.
我们无条件的独♥立♥、撤走你们所有的军队
Our unqualified independence, the removal of all your troops
以及扩大我们的边界土地
and the extent of our boundaries.
我们更希望讨论被扣押财产的赔偿问题
We are eager to discuss reparations for seized property.
比如种植园
Plantations, for example.
凭什么要我们赔偿
On what grounds?
就凭效忠国王的臣民理应获得损失赔偿
On the grounds that subjects loyal to the Crown be compensated for their losses.
那么你们对美国人的掠夺呢
And of the depredations that you have visited on Americans?
如何补偿他们
What recompense for them?
是你自己无法无天的造♥反♥才导致了...
It was your own lawless rebellion which gave cause to--
我们能否同意在日后 才以自♥由♥、开放的方式讨论这问题
Can we agree to discuss this issue in a free and open manner at a later date?
奥斯瓦尔德先生 我也希望如此 但我们俩都不年轻了
So I'd wish, Mr. Oswald, but neither one of us is getting any younger.
那你有什么建议
What do you propose?
加拿大
Canada.
它怎么啦
What of it?
把它让给我们
You give it to us.
哪一部分
Which part?
整个加拿大
All of it.
包括纽芬兰
Does that include Newfoundland?
应该吧
I would imagine.
- 绝对不可能 - 这是必须的
- That is an impossibility. - It is an imperative.
怎么说
How so?
新英格兰自古以来 所从事的神圣鳕鱼商业活动
New England's ancient stake in the sacred codfish.
一个世纪的偷窃渔民 并不能构成法定索取权
A century of thieving fishermen does not constitute a legal claim.
这是根据英国普通法的自然使用权
By natural right of usage under English common law.
那么若散步时经过皇家铸币厂
Perhaps having once taken a stroll past the Royal Mint,
你不如也希望得到国王陛下的国库
you might also like His Majesty's Treasury.
听够了这种烦人的谬论
Enough of this peevish nonsense.
- 我是不会被胁迫的 - 富兰克林博士
- I will not be hectored. - Dr. Franklin.
奥斯瓦尔德先生
Mr. Oswald.
我们能否相约喝杯茶
What would be the chance of a cup of tea?
来吧 动作快 你们这些可怜的马屁精
Let's go! Step lively, you wretched lickspittles!
(致:杰拉德德雷内瓦尔先生)
你好 可否打扰一下
Excuse me? Hello.
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表