剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
without consulting King Louis's ministers."
我会立刻通知韦尔热讷伯爵 那这事就此了结了
I will inform Count Vergennes immediately and be done with it.
-我强烈建议你不要这么做 -太意外了
-I strongly advise you not to. -There's a surprise.
什么意思?
Meaning what?
我若无需你使用你的魔法避雷针
Do you find it so incredible
就能谈成有利条件 你是否会觉得很不可思议?
that I might reach favorable terms without you waving your magic lightning rod?
相反的
On the contrary,
我完全相信你会正中敌人下怀
I have every faith you'll succeed in playing right into our enemy's hands.
即使按你的标准 这么说也太卑鄙了
That is low, even for you.
我不会背弃法国人…
I will not forswear the trust and amity
-对我的信任和友好 -又是这些谬论
-shown to me by the French… -This nonsense again.
-就为躲避暗箭的权宜之计 -你不理性的妄想…
-for some expedient backstabbing! -Your sentimental delusion…
他们履行了所有的承诺
They've honored every promise!
给我们“敞开所有的门”
They open every door!
再加上一头驴 就能把你 送到波士顿公园了
That and an ass will fetch you to Boston Common!
你的孩子们
Your children.
他们怎么样?
What of them?
你担心他们的前途?
You worry about their fates?
我不确定他们是否足够坚定
I doubt the strength of their character.
我祈祷他们不要放弃对仁慈上帝的忠诚
I pray they do not lapse in their devotion to a merciful God.
我时刻都关心着他们
They fiercely live in my heart.
我要是你就把它烧了
I'd burn that if I were you.
这不会有什么好结果
No good can come of it.
你拿我的钱包吧 我不想惹麻烦 求你了
Take my purse. I don't want trouble. Please.
很快的
It'll happen that quickly.
你竟敢这样?
How dare you?
我以为马车里的人是他 我们都被他骗了
I thought it was him in the carriage. He tricked us both.
是的 我是拿刀的那一方
Yeah. Well, only one of us held the blade.
我做了该做的部分 事情没成功怪不了我
I did my part. Don't blame me for a botched job.
你听到什么了?
What have you heard?
-他们在调查那名海关官员 -好 但他们不会找到他的
-They're looking for the customs officer. -Yes, but they won't find him.
听着 有更好的办法
Look, there's a better way to do this.
你一直这么说 但他还是没离开
So you keep saying, yet he's still around.
-听着 只需要多一点时间 -我等不了了 你也一样
-Look, it just needs a little more time. -Well, I don't have it. Neither do you.
亚当斯要“弄走”富兰克林
Adams wants Franklin gone.
他有国会的支持
He's got Congress behind him.
那老头将没法留下来
The old man won't be able to stop it.
让他们自相残杀 而英格兰将坐收渔人之利
Let them tear each other apart, and England will reap the benefit
不会再发生任何意外
with no more mishaps along the road.
听着 这比被发现要好 不是吗?
Look, it's better than getting caught, isn't it?
我可能会有麻烦
I may get fucked here.
你也许也会有
Maybe you too.
如果我有麻烦 你也躲不了
If I do, I'm taking you with me.
来吧 再来一次 三个杯子和一个栗子
Come on, again. Three cups and one chestnut.
找到栗子 让你的钱翻倍
Find the chestnut and double your money.
这个
There.
输了
Lost.
给我点钱
Give me some money.
我一文钱也没有
I haven't got a sou.
你打算两手空空地征服英格兰
You were going to conquer England with nothing in your pocket.
我又不是被父亲赶出家门的那个
I'm not the one whose father threw him out on his cul.
不 你是那个走投无路 害怕得不敢回家的人
No, you're the one who fucked himself and is too scared to go home.
那不是我的家 那只是我祖父…
Not my home. It's just where my grandfather--
从我父母身上蹭到的
Sponges off my parents.
该死 不幸地被我言中
Damn, I accidentally said the truth.
我才不在乎呢
Why would I give a shit?
大男孩的话
Oh, big boy words.
瞒着我收着?真够朋友
Holding out on me? Some friend.
好了 我们现在一样了
Well. Now we're both kings.
回见
See you around.
告诉你一个秘密 她说你很可爱
I'll tell you a secret. She said you were cute.
-哪个她? -你知道的
-Who? -You know who.
给我滚开
Just fuck off!
但她不是那种随便的女孩
But she's not the kind of girl whose door you just go knock on.
你永远不知道开门的人会是谁
You never know who's on the other side.
反正不会是你
At least it won't be you.
听着 你真的搞砸了 只能怪你自己
Listen. You really screwed up, and there's no one else to blame.
我了解这种感觉
I know what that's like.
所以我们可以去圣罗克给你找个神父
So, we can walk over to St. Roch and find you a priest…
或者你也可以做任何男士 在处于你这种情况下会做的事
or you could do what any gentleman in your situation would do.
你在说什么?
What's that?
来吧 小蝌蚪 我们要去乡下
Come on, little tadpole. We're going to the country.
“正式宣布合众国打算…
"…to officially, and formally, announce the intention of the United States to…
正式地宣布…”
to officially, and formally, announce--"
亚当斯先生
Monsieur Adams.
正式地…
…to officially, and formally…
不好意思
Excuse me.
宣布合众国…
…announce the intention of the…
打算…
the United-- the United States--
能请你说英语吗?
Might I ask you to speak English?
你说的话我一个字也听不懂
I cannot understand a word of what you are saying.
根据我得到的指示
In accordance with my instructions,
我建议你 外♥交♥部♥长 夏尔格拉维耶韦尔热讷伯爵
I am advising you, Foreign Minister Charles Gravier, comte de Vergennes…
是我的名字
That is my name.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国授权布伦特里的约翰亚当斯
…that the United States of America has authorized John Adams of Braintree,
即我本人 寻求与大不列颠 通过谈判达成和平
viz myself, to seek a negotiated peace with Great Britain.
你说什么?
What?
合众国已授权…
The United States has authorized--
这些我听到了
I heard all that.
你们要向敌人宣布你们愿意投降?
You wish to announce to your enemy that you're agreeable to surrender?
是提议无条件地考虑和平协议
To entertain proposals of peace without precondition.
你想让我同意这个“非凡”的计划
And you would like me to approve of this remarkable stratagem.
国会派我来…
I am required by Cong--
这个办公室花了一年的 时间听富兰克林博士坚称
This office spent a year hearing Dr. Franklin insist
签订条约必须在保证 你们独♥立♥的前提下进行
that it could be no treaty of any kind without a guarantee of your independence.
富兰克林博士没被授权执行这些指示
Dr. Franklin is not the bearer of these instructions.
你的权威高于他的?
Your authority supersedes his?
这是国会的指…
The instructions come from Cong--
你希望我们…
You expect us to…
在付出之后 祝你们一切顺利
wish you well and walk away
然后一无所获地离开?
with nothing to show for our efforts?
先生 你们的付出?
Your efforts, sir?
你们打的如意算盘就连小孩都看得出
A child could parse your aims.
把不列颠“整到”筋疲力尽
Harass Britain to exhaustion,
牵制住美国的能力 让法兰西成为
keep American power in check, and leave France the victor
你们国家游戏的胜利者
in your little game of nations.
“美国的能力”
"American power."
“美国的能力” 什么能力?
"American power!" What is that?
掏空我们国库的能力?
The power to drain our coffers?
却继续打不赢战?
And somehow still go on losing?
不停地抱怨?
Complaining every step of the way?
你们慷慨地送了几艘指挥不善的舰船 还有那支令人遗憾的军队…
Your bountiful gift of a few ill-commanded ships, that sad apology of an army--
你们的才能还真非凡啊 能挑别人的毛病
What an extraordinary talent you have for finding fault in others
却从不在自己身上找问题
and none in yourselves.
应该沿着海岸部署你们的战舰
Deploy your warships along the coast.
-把敌人围堵起来 -现在还成了战略大♥师♥
-Bottle up the enemy. -And now, master tactician.
除非能攻破他们在海上的控制 否则战情将不会改变
Until you break his command of the seas, nothing will alter.
坐在这里听一个愚蠢的乡巴佬说教
To sit here and be lectured by some witless backwoods harlequin--
我听得懂你说的
I understood that.
先生 听清楚了
You mark me, sir.
我可不是会甜言蜜语的阿谀奉承者 迫不及待地被你的傲慢姿态所吸引
I am no honeyed flatterer, eager to be seduced by your airs and graces
像我所认识的某人一样
like some I could name.
我是来办事的 办正经事 我要你们实现所承诺的条件
I am here to do business, hard business, and I mean to hold you to your terms.
如果你们不兑现诺言
And if you will not honor them,
那我们就会寻求对我们最有利的任何…
seek whatever is most advantageous to us with any part--
你在听吗?
Are you listening?
亚当斯先生
Monsieur Adams.
我是否能提出一个请求?
May I make a request?
什么?
What?
请你立刻离开这间办公室
Would you be so good as to leave this office immediately
无论如何也不要再来 好吗?
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表