剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
1
(在经历了一连串惨败后)
(美国对大不列颠的抗战)
(即将崩溃)
(大♥陆♥军在战役中溃不成军)
(除去伤亡者和逃兵)
(减至不足三千人的军队被迫撤退)
(缺乏士兵 、缺乏战争物资)
(加上缺乏盟友 失败似乎已成必然)
(乔治华盛顿)
(美军总司令写道)
(我想我方大势已去)
(1776年12月3日 法国布列塔尼半岛)
把盒子拿来
Fetch the box.
怎么啦?
What's wrong?
我在想
Merely thinking.
想什么?
About what?
烤野鸡
Roasted pheasant.
牛油马铃薯、糖渍胡萝卜
Potatoes in butter. Candied carrots.
随后来杯优质的马德拉酒
Chased by a respectable Madeira.
当然还有我们的任务
And our mission, of course.
就年轻人的前途发展而言 巴黎是唯一的城市选择
For a young man's instruction, Paris is the only city.
既能充分满足感官需求 但也能激发智力
Much indulge the senses but also engage the intellect.
我以为我是来帮你的
I thought I was meant to help you.
毫无疑问 你会的
No doubt you will, somehow or another.
我们得待多久?
How long must we stay?
直到我们赢得法国的支持 成功独♥立♥
Until we win France to our side and secure our independence.
否则就完了
Or we are hanged.
还有第三个可能吗?
Is there a third choice?
我想总会有人叛国
I suppose there's always treason.
(战争即将来临)
(独♥立♥宣言)
(改编自)
(斯泰西希夫的《伟大的即兴创作》)
别挡路
Out of the way!
让路 走开
Make way! Move aside!
让路
Make way!
走开
Move aside!
最好把帘子拉上
Best to keep the curtains drawn.
为何?
Why?
因为自抵达后 一直都有人跟随我们
Because we've been followed every step since we've landed.
所以 我们的出现很难不为人知
So, our presence is a rather badly kept secret.
但我希望尽可能避免引起骚动
But I would prefer to avoid pandemonium.
只能到这里 无法再往前走了
That's it. I can't go any further.
他们是要攻击我们?
Do they mean to attack us?
他们是要来看我
They mean to see me.
他们以为是我发明了电
They have it in their heads that I invented electricity.
我又何必劝阻他们呢?
Who am I to dissuade them?
女士们、先生们
Ladies and gentlemen.
感谢你们的热情欢迎
Thank you for such a warm welcome.
我...
And I am--
很高兴来到巴黎
I am thrilled to be here in Paris.
请跟我来
Follow me, please.
我...
I am--
迫不及待等着见你们...一会儿见
I am impatient to meet you all... later.
感谢你发明了电
Thank you for the electricity!
如此低调的进场
A discreet little entrance.
我不喜欢引起骚动 你是知道的
You know how I hate a fuss.
我得说 你看起来糟透了
Well, I must say, you look awful.
你是以朋友还是医生的身份说这话?
Do you speak as a friend or as a physician?
- 两者皆有 - 班克罗夫特 你还好吗?
- Both. - How are you keeping, Bancroft?
还算不错
Tolerably well.
有你作伴就更好了 尽管你来得相当突然
And the better for your company, sudden as it is.
我们私下再谈这个
Well, we'll talk about that in private.
坦普尔...
Temple. Temple.
过来
Step forward.
- 别一副错愕的样子 - 我...
- And stop looking so wide-eyed. - I--
这是我孙子
This is my grandson.
- 抱歉 我... - 他平时挺能言善辩的
- Sorry, I-- - He can actually speak on occasion.
他是爱德华班克罗夫特医生
Dr. Edward Bancroft.
我们曾在美国国会一起工作
We worked the American bench together in parliament.
如此伟大、优秀的爱国者 没有比他更适合举杯的人了
No greater patriot or a better man to raise a glass with.
在这两方面 我顶多能排在你祖父之后
Well, in both respects, I am at best second to your grandfather.
但少爷 我可否问一下 你对法国女子有着什么样的印象?
But, may I ask, what do you think of French women, young master?
我...还没结识过 先生
I-- Well, I've yet to meet any, sir.
我祖父很在意道德教育
My grandfather is keen on a moral education.
别听他的 他总爱胡言乱语
Don't listen to him. He's always spouting some nonsense.
这边请
This way.
不知你是否听说了
I doubt you heard.
华盛顿堡的战役
Catastrophe at Fort Washington.
彻底溃败
A complete rout.
- 伤亡人数? - 死了60人 三千人被俘虏
- How many? - Sixty killed. 3,000 captured.
纽约被占领了
We've lost New York.
抱歉 你刚抵达 就让你听到如此不堪的消息
Forgive me. A hard blow on arrival.
这更是争取成功的动力
All the greater spur for success.
一个人的人生观会随着放屁而变得更好 这真是一件奇妙的事
It's remarkable how one's outlook is improved by the passing of wind.
这可是个研究严重不足的课题
A subject woefully understudied.
- 也许我该研究研究 - 肯定会使你更加出名
- Perhaps I shall rectify that. - It can only add to your renown.
和一个好屁比起来 电又算什么?
What is electricity compared to a good fart?
少爷不认同吗?
Young master does not approve?
抱歉 我在想别的事
Forgive me. My thoughts are elsewhere.
你想的她叫什么名?
What is her name?
叫美国 先生
America, sir.
它需要救援
She's in need of some rescue.
既然现在不得不认真对待这课题
Since we are now forced to be earnest,
我能信任你吗?
may I rely upon your confidence?
当然能
You have it.
国会派我来这里
The Congress has sent me here
是为了拉拢法国加入我们对英国的战争
to elicit France in our war against England.
难怪你的内脏都扭曲了
No wonder your guts are twisted.
作为非官方使者 我无法直接拜访凡尔赛宫
As an unofficial emissary, I cannot approach Versailles directly.
- 你在找一个中间人 - 一个在宫廷中举足轻重的人
- You're looking for a go-between. - Someone well placed at court.
我有几个颇有影响力的病人
Well, I have some patients of influence.
看到了吗?都说了 找班克罗夫特先生帮忙准没错
You see? I told you we could rely on Mr. Bancroft.
能不能说服他们答应...
Whether they can be persuaded to oblige themselves--
说服他们的事就交给我 你能帮忙引见就已足够
I'll do the persuading. An introduction will suffice.
美国的局势...
America's situation--
并不乐观
It's not ideal.
我认为失去纽约不算什么
I count the loss of New York as nothing.
军队不过是在进行重组
Army is merely regrouping.
明年春天 训练有素的士兵将达到八万人
By spring it will number 80,000 trained men.
而英军越深入美洲大♥陆♥ 他们的处境就越糟糕
And the deeper the British press into the continent, the worse they will fare.
坦普尔少爷 你是否同意这观点?
You concur in this opinion, Master Temple?
先生 恕我直言 我军无论在人数 武器和开支上都处于劣势
Respectfully, sir, we are outmanned, outgunned and outspent.
许多人都站在敌人那边
There are many who side with the enemy.
至少包括一些我喜欢的
Including some I, at least, hold dear.
让我告诉你适时说谎的好处
Remind me to instruct you in the usefulness of the well-timed lie.
他说的是真话吗?
Does he speak the truth?
除非法国宫廷 为我们提供军队、资金和武器
Unless the French court provides us with men, money and arms,
美国还没来得及建国就会灭亡了
the United States will end before it has begun.
我的天
Good Lord.
我会尽所能给予你帮助的
Well, I will aid you as I can.
不过 我得说 我可不愿被处死
Though, I must say, I'd rather not be hanged.
若能避免 我也不愿
Nor would I if I could avoid it.
虽然那样的话 肠道肯定会被清空
Though it certainly would empty the bowels.
富兰克林博士 班克罗夫特先生和那个男孩
Dr. Franklin, Monsieur Bancroft and the boy
继续在餐桌上待了32分钟
remained at the table for another 32 minutes.
男孩9点27分就寝 富兰克林博士过了46分钟后才休息
The boy retired at 9:27, Dr. Franklin 46 minutes later.
最后一根蜡烛熄灭的时间为11点55分
The last candle was snuffed out at 11:55.
是否有访客?
Any visitors?
没人成功获得采访机会
None managed to secure interviews.
我的探员已核实了 他们的身份并将采取相应行动
My agents have verified their identities and will proceed accordingly.
调查得非常详尽 中尉
Very thorough, lieutenant.
一个好警♥察♥会对细节调查引以为豪
A good policemen takes certain pride in the details.
部长 还有别的事吗?
If that's all, minister?
我们不会希望国人
We don't need people getting ideas in their heads
关注美国的这场叛乱 对吧?
about this American rebellion, do we?
逮捕几个人不会造成多大影响
A few arrests never hurt.
那就好
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表