剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表
1
(1778年7月4日)
你难以取悦
You are hard to please.
令人难以置信
I find that hard to believe.
令人难以置信
I find that hard to believe.
令人难以置信
I find that hard to believe.
我的行为不当
I carry myself poorly.
我的行为不当
I carry myself poorly.
我将退出贵公♥司♥
I shall withdraw myself from your company.
我将退出贵公♥司♥
I shall withdraw myself from your company.
你的狗会咬人吗?
Are your dogs friendly?
你的狗会咬人吗?
Are your dogs friendly?
我一定会这么做
I won't fail to do so.
我一定会这么做
I won't fail to do so.
今天是我们《独♥立♥宣言》的
Today, the anniversary
周年纪念日
of our Declaration.
感谢主
Thanks be to God
赐予我们自♥由♥
for our liberty.
我受不了富兰克林
I cannot abide Franklin.
(战争即将来临)
(独♥立♥宣言)
(改编自)
(斯泰西希夫的《伟大的即兴创作》)
吃吧 亚当斯先生 食物绰绰有余
Tuck in, Mr. Adams, there's more than enough.
我几个小时前已经吃过了 先生
I have eaten already, sir, several hours since.
你的学习进展如何?
And how are your studies proceeding?
你说什么?
What?
我问你法语课学得怎么样了
I asked how your French lessons were going.
你的发音糟透了 难怪我听不懂
Your pronunciation is abysmal. No wonder I couldn't understand you.
勇于尝试总比要求完美好 不是吗?
Better the spirited gesture than the strict correctness, wouldn't you say?
你昨晚又坐马车出去了
You took the carriage again last night.
你说什么?
Pardon?
我本来要去看歌♥剧 结果却被困在这里
I was to attend the opera. Instead, I was stranded here.
很抱歉 我当时正出席帕尔芒捷的宴会
I do apologize. I was at a banquet for Parmentier.
是谁?
Who?
是位著名的药理学家
The noted pharmacologist.
从没听说过这个人
Never heard of the man.
我其实并不喜欢 那所谓的音乐 不过就是噪音
It's not that I care for the so-called music. Nothing but noise.
一片毫无意义的嚎叫声 但我已买♥♥了张票
A great mess of pointless yowling, but I had already purchased a ticket.
能问你一件事吗?
May I ask you something?
- 问吧 - 你来这里的目的是?
- Go ahead. - What are you doing here?
我没义务告诉你
I am not obliged to tell you that.
说出来会让手头的工作变得更容易
It would make the work at hand easier.
先生 那请问是什么工作?
And what work is that, sir?
你的账目很乱 没记录开支
Your accounts are in disarray. You keep no records of expenses.
你写的信件简直是疯人痴语 而且你10点14分才吃早饭
Your correspondence is a madman's jumble, and you breakfast at 10:14.
但我还是成功与法国谈成了联盟
Yet somehow I have managed to negotiate an alliance with France.
这给我们带来了什么好处?
And what good has that done us?
法国海军是我不幸碰到过的
The French Navy is the greatest lot of seaborne chuckleheads
最愚蠢的一群海上笨蛋
I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.
我们孤军作战 负债更甚从前
We fight alone, deeper in debt than ever.
你却还在讨好你的密友韦尔热讷
And still, you curry favor with your boon companion, Vergennes.
我认为最好是与他保持良好关系
I think it's best to keep in his good graces.
我认为最好是让他履行他的义务
I think it best to make him honor his obligations.
若你没法办到 我会让他履行义务
And if you don't, I will.
你如此精通法语 毫无疑问
No doubt with your deep comprehension of all things French,
这策略肯定会取得绝对的成功
that strategy will meet with unqualified success.
我们在开派对啊
And now we shall have a party.
你反对庆祝我们的独♥立♥?
You object to celebrating our independence?
这一天应该进行庄重的观礼 而非轻浮花哨的娱乐
The day calls for solemn observance, not frivolous amusement.
地主国可不这么认为 而取悦他们对我们有好处
Our hosts see it otherwise, and it's to our benefit to please them.
这种顺从的行为会让我们付出什么代价?
This act of obeisance will cost us what?
完全没代价 都是肖蒙先生出的钱
Absolutely nothing. Monsieur Chaumont is paying for it.
是啊 那更糟了
Yeah, that makes it even worse.
我们到底要“收容”多少美国人?
How many Americans are we meant to accommodate?
十人?50人?一千人?
Ten? Fifty? A thousand?
只有三人 亲爱的
We have only three, my dear.
- 那班克罗夫特医生呢? - 他不住在这里
- What about that Dr. Bancroft? - He doesn't sleep here.
多他一个也没差
He might as well.
也许是时候讨论一下收房♥租的问题了
Maybe it's time you discussed charging rent.
你要我如何要求宾客成为房♥客
I can hardly ask guests to become tenants.
我们给他们提供住宿、膳食 供他们使用马匹和仆人 现在又得开派对
We house them, feed them, give them horses and servants, and now this party.
得花多少里弗尔?
At how many livres?
这笔费用与未来的 贸易利润相比根本不算什么
The expense is nothing against the future profit from trade.
未来什么时候到? 我们当中有人能活着看到这“未来”吗?
When is this future? Will any of us be alive to see it?
我不指望你理解商贸错综复杂之处
I don't expect you to grasp the intricacies of commerce.
那好 你就进行你那微不足道的交易吧
Fine. Play your little games.
但我告诉你 这种铺张浪费会毁了我们
But I tell you, this extravagance will be our ruin.
快点 扶我起来呀 你们这些没脑子的
At last. Help me up, you great lump.
他是怎么回答你的?
And what was his answer?
我听不太明白
I couldn't quite follow it.
像是在说糕点店的包装
Something about how they wrap things at the patisserie.
包装可以是红色的 也可能是绿色的 但里面的糕点是一样的
It could be red, it could be green, but the pastry inside is the same.
他的意思是 在不同的信仰之下
He is saying that beneath their varied beliefs,
所有宗教的基本真理都一样
all religions share a fundamental truth.
这对我来说太深奥了
That's too rich for me.
那你或许应该仔细考虑清楚
Then perhaps you should have thought more carefully
再把我们的女儿许配给他孙子
before offering our daughter to his grandson.
别说了
Enough.
若我允许你与我争论 我就是龟孙
I'll be damned if I let you dispute with me.
告诉他 新教♥徒♥在这里 是没希望得到社会阶级晋升的
Tell him that a Protestant has no hope of advancement here.
而库内贡德不能受缚于这样的命运
And Cunégonde cannot be bound to such a fate.
我已经开始讨论此事了
I've already started negotiations.
你想让我看起来像个傻瓜吗?
Do you want me to look a fool?
这是你喝醉后的胡闹 不是我造成的
Your drunken antics did this, not mine.
说得好像比我更了解似的
As if you know what you're talking about.
难道你的自尊比我们家族的财富更重要?
Is your pride more important than our family's fortunes?
他在美国有很多黄金
He has plenty of gold in America.
这对我们有什么好处?
And how would that benefit us here?
女儿这个累赘应该尽早交付于他人
A daughter is a burden to be passed along as soon as possible.
你父亲明白这一点
Your father understood that.
你怎么就不明白?
Why don't you?
也许朱嫔小姐能给我解释一下
Perhaps Mademoiselle Jupin can explain it to me.
她显然是个有眼光的女人
She's obviously a woman of discernment.
夫人 你真厚颜无♥耻♥
You are brazen, madame.
多希望我是
If only I was.
你以为我不知道你和一个 比你大40岁的男人调情吗?
You think I'm blind to your flirtations with a man 40 years your elder?
被你称为爸的那个人 你坐在他的膝盖上
That you call papa, sit on his knee
还在你写不完的信里 传送情意绵绵的甜言蜜语
and coo honeyed nonsense in your endless letters?
无♥耻♥得简直令人惊讶
What colossal impudence.
没错
Yes.
我竟敢找一个让我开心的人作伴
How dare I seek the company of someone who delights me.
让我挚爱的丈夫名誉扫地
And so disgrace the good name of my devoted husband.
家族名字属于我 家产也属于我 我想怎么做就怎么做
The name is mine. The estate is mine. And I'll have my way.
其他人一点都不重要
Everyone else can go to hell.
裙子的接缝处裂开了 我让加布里埃尔把它缝好了
I tore a seam, and Gabrielle had to sew it up.
你们觉得好看吗?
What do you think?
富兰克林仔会喜欢吗?
Will Franklinet like it?
漂亮极了
Ravishing.
什么事?
Yes?
什么?
What?
你有话要说
You're about to say something.
很简单 就是我带着 一个男孩来到这个国家
Simply that I came to this country with a boy,
现在我眼前的是个男人
and now I am looking at a man.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
你的法语是我永远也比不上的
You're more skilled in French than I'll ever be,
你是个勤奋的秘书
you're a diligent secretary...
你率真的一面迷倒无数男女
You have a guileless aspect that charms women and men alike.
应该归功于我有一位优秀的老师
Suppose I've had an excellent teacher.
你是说我吗?
You mean me?
亲爱的孩子 我脑子里一直想着
Dear boy. You know, it is ever in my mind
为你安排一个符合我们家族的位置
to secure a place for you fitting to our family.
国会不是要给我发工资吗?
Isn't Congress going to pay me a salary?
剧集 | 富兰克林(2024) | 导航列表